Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Racism in the family > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 4594 | Total Posts: 76 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Khelben
INTL Premium Member
OMG!

Come to my car. I have candy.

Ballkicks: (+69 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
(Originally posted on: 02-04-05 12:14:43 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My brother and I were always close, for brothers at least; we would wrestle when I was little, and I enjoyed it, and he appreciated it. When we argued, we knew neither of us were really serious, and when petty divisions came up between us, we saw the big picture, and didn't let it divide us.

Until now.

He is, in all sense of the word, a racist. And it is one division that succeeded in tearing a rift neither of us can bridge.

He isn't a skinhead with the swastika tattoo, or anything like that, but his ideas are bad enough. White power is his thing now.

I mean, come on, we live in the 21 century; it doesn't matter what race you are. History is being made as we speak, for our generation (the millenials) are the first "trans-race" generation, in the fact that we wear race as often as a sweater during a hot summer. Several of my friends are either asian or black, it doesn't matter to me. But it does to him, and he lets me know. God only knows when it will get worse.

Unfortunately, racism isn't a thing of the past, as we would hope. Ever heard of Tom Metzger, a senior member of the KKK? He lives in my city. No wonder its a white majority here. Not only is he convicted of countless hate crimes, but it disturbs me to think that my brother thinks in the same vein as that.

We have argued many times before about it, with him spewing his diatribe, me saying what is right. With the exception of a few points, I can't seem to get through to him. Who listens to their younger brother anyway?

Let me give you an example of the seriousness, and how it adversely affects me.

My previous girlfriend: white. My brother had no problem with her. After we ended it, I rebounded with this cute girl I had been interested in for a while. She had a cool personality, not bad looks, and was easy to talk to. Thing is, she is Korean, and my brother absolutely ABHORS the fact. For reasons other than that, she and I never went anywhere with our relationship, but it was obvious he looked down on it, and on me. And it reverberates throughout the family.

He moved out not long ago, but it bothers me he has chosen such a foolish path, and I can't let him follow it.

INTL is a diverse place, with even more varied people. Is there anyone out there in the same boat as I am, and if so, what did you do. In no way do I want to be apathetic about this, because its a serious problem, one that spreads all over the world. Helping me fight something like this is greatly appreciated and won't be forgotten.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 02:02:03 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

in denmark rascism is mostly fun, no one takes it serius, but there are some old geezers who also vote in the right wing, who do, and they are annoying as hell.

I seriusly think you should should sit down and watch american history x with him, or get him to have another hobby, like pokemon

if i lived in the us, i would hang out with negroes all the time
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 2 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:44:30 AM)

Quote:
with him spewing his diatribe, me saying what is right

That might be the problem. Save your moralizing ramblings for your grandsons; if he choses to be an idiot, then it's his problem as long as he doesn't start hurting anybody. In the meanwhile, casual and practical demonstration of how wrong he is might be appropiate.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 3 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 06:05:35 AM)

So is this a review of American History X?
There seems to just be no one left to bully, Bush is pussy/
Why the fuck you think his name's Bush? Puss is bushy

Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 4 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 09:27:26 AM)

move far far away and dont ever look back at your family. You appearntly will not be missing alot.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 5 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 09:27:26 AM)

edit - on snap double post
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 09:37:33 AM)

Quote:
in denmark rascism is mostly fun, no one takes it serius

I'm sorry Surt but that really is bullshit.
Denmark, like the other northern European nations, has quite a lot of young nazis and skinheads these days.
A lot of people do take it seriously enough to join parties and physichally assault foreign-looking people.

You probably have some small nationalist parties that are growing bigger too, just like Sweden, Germany and the other countries around here.

Hell, even your government is slightly nationalist.

Quote:
So is this a review of American History X?

Oh man, the scene where the fat guy is driving his car and singing is so funny.
DRAHNIER
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reply 7 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 09:52:14 AM)

Well, in my city, the rigth-wing powers are very small, but i know that the problem with "Perkere" is worse in sweden.

and yeah, our government sucks, but we really only have one nazi-castle around here, led by johnny hansen

The funny kind i'm talking about is just your average danish guy, who isn't involved in politics, who tell jokes like; "never hit a bycyclin' somali with your car, it might be your bicycle"

And i also think you fit in that category, make fun of it, but don't take it serious i'm a serial-killer :)
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 10:33:11 AM)

People that are racist beyond jokes are worse than AIDS.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 9 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 10:35:46 AM)

The above post sums up my feelings quite nicely. However, I'm not going to waste my life trying to convince someone to like me, either. Just don't kill me or anything, and you can hate me all you want.
in New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 10 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 12:07:40 PM)

White people who appear the most sensitive towards the black community are the biggest racists in America today. Look at head start programs that say, in a politically correct fashion, "Hey nigger, you can't compete with white people, so here's a head start little nigger, see how sensitive we are to your nigger whining, nigger?" I believe this creates more racism than there already is between both black and white people. If you pay a man to be a nigger, he'll become proud of being a nigger.

Anyway, about your brother and racism in the family. My family was always racist with the exception of my uncle. My brother is racist. Oddly enough, he didn't seem to get it from my family, he influenced more by the black people he's been exposed to. These particular people are the people that Bill Cosby is rightfully speaking out against. Without knowing, or caring, they embrace their stereotypes, treat ignorance as a popular trend even as they grow older and pretty much boast the fact that they are lazy, stupid, and hate white people because of all that opression they never experienced. Black people are the second biggest racists in America, next to politically correct white people. When I see how my brother reacts to black people I remind him that not all are like that and shrug it off because with where we grew up, it's hard to blame him for feeling that way.

I never cared about race or creed. I still don't. I can see roughly how racism thrives and is perpetuated and I really kind of laugh at it...because no ammount of common sense will derail this destructive ongoing routine. None. So I don't care that my brother is racist and I'm not going to preach to him. I hope he'll grow up over time, and I ask him to keep it away from me but otherwise his life is his own to explore and develope ideas. Just keep it within the law, away from me, and believe what you want. It's a free country, racism is allowed.

PS: SD thread?
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
This reply was last edited on 02-04-05 12:15:50 PM by Smokey.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 11 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 01:03:35 PM)

Quoted from antpocas:

Jokes are funny. Everything else is just hard to comprehend.

I mean, get over yourself. You're white, big deal, you can't run, jump, swim or tackle. Yeah, that makes you superior.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 12 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 02:51:11 PM)

Pokemon is clearly the answer.
Jiangjun Izzy: i ... see
Jiangjun Izzy: i love you too??
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 13 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:07:31 PM)

Quoted from peach:
Pokemon is clearly the answer.
Wow, I sure hope you posted that because you copied it from some shitty forum and accidentaly hit CTRL+V and submit reply, because it's neither funny or related to the thread.

i'm a serial-killer :)
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reply 14 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:20:46 PM)

Quoted from Surt:

I seriusly think you should should sit down and watch american history x with him, or get him to have another hobby, like pokemon

i'm a serial-killer :)
Jiangjun Izzy: i ... see
Jiangjun Izzy: i love you too??
Pluveto

Rain Man

Ballkicks: (+164 / -45)
Reply 15 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:36:40 PM)

Khelben, I can't say I'm in that situation, but I definitely empathize. It's good of you to be pissed at him, in any case. Don't take that shit.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 16 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:47:09 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
I think he would take better to Klan trading cards..."K-K-KOLLECT THEM ALL!"

Khelben: The truth is that you can't be responsible for your brother, or change his beliefs. If he is unwilling to accept that he is racist when and if you feel comfortable bringing it up, then you just have to leave him be.
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 17 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:51:34 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from antpocas:

Jokes are funny. Everything else is just hard to comprehend.

I mean, get over yourself. You're white, big deal, you can't run, jump, swim or tackle. Yeah, that makes you superior.

get your stereotypes right, it's black people that can't swim.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 18 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 03:55:14 PM)

Just let him go his own way and the problem will solve itself. Eventually he's gonna pick a fight with 6 feet of solid muscle and get stuffed into a basketball hoop somewhere in harlem.

The problem with racism is that it just doesn't work out, both in the scientific and the social sense. Genetic diversity is a good thing, that's why incest doesn't really work. Socially, a diverse mix of cultures (excluding extremists) provides a solid base for a strong country with a better chance of avoiding Bush's trademark Offend-O-Matic style of politics.

If your brother is in any way like you, hopefully he'll find this out before he pisses off the wrong person.
i Will nOt inseRt subliminal mesSages into my signature to Harm certaIn peoPles Minds...yEt.

"http://www.thehumorarchives.com/humor/0001065.html"- End Of Discussion.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 19 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 04:58:40 PM)

I vote we all fuck a lot until skin colors are negated.
"All these fucking asshole religious people will say it's a choice you know.. like, 'Homosexuality is a choice. That is a choice people make to engage in this deliciously decadent sinful behavior in God's eyes. They get together with their.. you know, hot oil rubdowns and whatnots.. It's.. It's sinful.' You know.. it's fucking genetics, not a choice. There's no fucking 16 year old heterosexual boy.. confused, socially awkward, you know, acne-scarred kid sittin' around, you know, in his bedroom going 'God, everyone hates me.. and.. the girls.. the girls that I like don't like me.. and.. Um. I know what to do, and the thought of having sex with another man, it's physically repelling to me.. But you know. Maybe it's time I invited even more nonstop harassment into my life.' Yeah that'll be fun. Why don't I just introduce the concept of getting the shit kicked out of me for no good reason by a bunch of fucking retards. Yeah, yeah that's a fun choice to make. A choice a lot of people are making. Yeah."
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reply 20 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 05:13:28 PM)

My grandpa was a hardcore southern Mormon, so when my mom married a Mexican, he was all kinds of pissed off.

Then he met my dad and they were best friends forever until my dad stole his car and we never saw my dad again MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Khelben
INTL Premium Member
OMG!

Come to my car. I have candy.

Ballkicks: (+69 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jan 2005
Reply 21 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 10:02:11 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
White people who appear the most sensitive towards the black community are the biggest racists in America today. Look at head start programs that say, in a politically correct fashion, "Hey nigger, you can't compete with white people, so here's a head start little nigger, see how sensitive we are to your nigger whining, nigger?" I believe this creates more racism than there already is between both black and white people. If you pay a man to be a nigger, he'll become proud of being a nigger.

Indeed; affirmative action is one of the badder things to happen to the job-finding world, not only for the reasons you stated, but because it puts unqualified minorities who shouldn't be there in way over their heads. It actually makes things worse.

As for everyone else, yes, I think I'll watch American History X.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 22 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 10:12:45 PM)

Even here in Alabama racism isn't as widespread as it was, and the only racists I know are some dipshits in my grade who get mad at the dean of students at the school because he is black. I have seen their dads get very mad at them for spouting out racist bullshit. So you might want to convince your brother that something is wrong when he is behind most of backwater Alabama, one of the most unprogressive (and proud of it! dangit *spits*) and traditionalists states there are.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 23 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 10:27:09 PM)

Affirmative action also automatically makes overqualified minorities look as if they couldn't have reached their positions on their own. It undercuts the people's true potential.
in New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reply 24 of 76 (Originally posted on: 02-04-05 11:27:18 PM)

kudos to your brother. i don't see how he is being racist. he's not shooting black people in the street, so who cares.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4594 | Total Posts: 76 ]