Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Hey! People Who Suck at Arguing Look here. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3206 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-01-05 09:49:47 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quit it. It's getting very tiresome to see the same tired jokes and even worse, the same tired defense/lack of defense. You all suck.

Quit milking a dead joke, and if you're the victim of a dead joke, DON'T BE A BABY ABOUT IT. This is getting a tad bit annoying. I'm not going to say who, but they remind me of drinking and waffles.

The little minidrama is annoying, the quote/retaliation/quote/retaliation is annoying, and even worse, it's in every thread. Leave it alone.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 09:55:31 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Wait...what?
you guess who, its a mystery!
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 10:01:48 AM)

You say every thread, but I've only seen it specifically in one thread. I'm not going to say which one, but a certain forummer died in it.

While it is annoying and probably will not have any resolution, I highly doubt this thread will stop it. So I vote that this thread is used to ridicule you instead.

*vote one*
touch eyeballs to screen for cheap laser surgery
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 10:04:21 AM)

Way to be so subtle you stupid fuck. I don't defend myself. Rarely do I, besides "this joke sucks." If I defend myself, I get the same stereotypical response you just fucking gave "hey you suck at arguing!" That against Smokey was the first time I ever put any effort into it. I don't put it in every thread. How many times do I have to say it's a waste of my time? I don't post shit about it in general except for RS where I copy/paste "I don't like waffles." So if you want to pretend that I put a lot of effort into it to keep it going, how about a big "fuck you."
"All these fucking asshole religious people will say it's a choice you know.. like, 'Homosexuality is a choice. That is a choice people make to engage in this deliciously decadent sinful behavior in God's eyes. They get together with their.. you know, hot oil rubdowns and whatnots.. It's.. It's sinful.' You know.. it's fucking genetics, not a choice. There's no fucking 16 year old heterosexual boy.. confused, socially awkward, you know, acne-scarred kid sittin' around, you know, in his bedroom going 'God, everyone hates me.. and.. the girls.. the girls that I like don't like me.. and.. Um. I know what to do, and the thought of having sex with another man, it's physically repelling to me.. But you know. Maybe it's time I invited even more nonstop harassment into my life.' Yeah that'll be fun. Why don't I just introduce the concept of getting the shit kicked out of me for no good reason by a bunch of fucking retards. Yeah, yeah that's a fun choice to make. A choice a lot of people are making. Yeah."
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 10:06:28 AM)

This thread is funny because you two are probably sitting in the same room with your backs to each other, typing all this out.
touch eyeballs to screen for cheap laser surgery
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 10:23:48 AM)

I wasn't trying to be subtle, and I wasn't aiming for the whole "hey look at me i'm putting no effort in i'm coal" thing you must be looking for. If you put in a paragraph arguing with someone and you don't put effort in it, then it's a terrible post. If you do, it negates whatever you may or may not have just said.

But hey, if you want to keep pretending that the internet is "nobigdeal" to you and you think that by maintaining some stupid facade is going to help you, by all means, keep kidding yourself.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not just talking about the posts between you two, either. Smokey does his fair share of sucking on his own, and you do your share of stupid retaliations, hence the "you suck at arguing" you apparently get oh so often.
This reply was last edited on 02-01-05 10:39:36 AM by C.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 10:29:59 AM)

you have red hair don't you chimp?
I set 'em up, Brad knocks 'em down. That's the way it's always been.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 11:01:18 AM)

Quote:
quote/retaliation

Dumbass.

Quote:
This is getting a

Shut the fuck up cockfucker.
DRAHNIER
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 11:31:18 AM)

IF0, although I'm sure many people understand that your "I don't like waffles" line is just part of the joke, I don't think it produces the desired effect. Even within the context of RS, it sounds... hmm... angry, rather than light-hearted in the "I'll just play along showing how little I care" sense.

I hope you know what I mean, because I get the feeling that this post could be easily misunderstood.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 12:09:43 PM)

You need more emoticons.

"I hate waffles UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1UR THE GHEYEST PERSNO EVAR SNDAMIT!!1:hungry:"
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 01:28:00 PM)

Chimp, you should not be mad and jealous if IF0 likes waffles and you don't

what am i
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 02:43:33 PM)

The best part is when IF0 closes threads that don't go his way.
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:28:09 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Smokey does his fair share of sucking on his own

I disagree!
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:29:16 PM)

Quote:
This thread is funny because you two are probably sitting in the same room with your backs to each other, typing all this out.

Actually I woke up to find this. Nice surprise from the guy who lives in the same room from me.
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be subtle, and I wasn't aiming for the whole "hey look at me i'm putting no effort in i'm " thing you must be looking for. If you put in a paragraph arguing with someone and you don't put effort in it, then it's a terrible post. If you do, it negates whatever you may or may not have just said.

It's not something I care to argue about.. because it's a waste of time. But if something's directed at me, it's sort of a natural habit to respond, whether it appeals to you or not, I appologize. It's not necessarily my obligation to try to please you or anyone else who happens to read what I write.
Quote:
But hey, if you want to keep pretending that the internet is "nobigdeal" to you and you think that by maintaining some stupid facade is going to help you, by all means, keep kidding yourself.

Is this similar to your "stupid facade" of hating everyone and listening to all your bitter music and all that? I've never asked you about that or mentioned it because it's a stupid thing to say, just like you just posted on here. I don't know what you're looking for.. this isn't the only forum I go to and it's not the epitome of my social life, so no, I don't care as much as apparently you and others like to believe. I'm sorry if you feel I present a "facade" to.. I don't know, impress someone (certainly not my intention). But I really don't have a response here as it's some sort of guess into my life that's utterly ridiculous and, well, wrong.

Quote:
Edit: To clarify, I'm not just talking about the posts between you two, either. Smokey does his fair share of sucking on his own, and you do your share of stupid retaliations, hence the "you suck at arguing" you apparently get oh so often.

You specifically mentioned us, hence it's relevant. And if you want to go down that route, you do your fare share of sucking as well. As does everyone here. Big whoopee. Nobody's perfect, nobody's going to like everyone.
Quote:
IF0, although I'm sure many people understand that your "I don't like waffles" line is just part of the joke, I don't think it produces the desired effect. Even within the context of RS, it sounds... hmm... angry, rather than light-hearted in the "I'll just play along showing how little I care" sense.

I hope you know what I mean, because I get the feeling that this post could be easily misunderstood.

It's not upto me to decide how other people will respond. It's not like it's a new thing for people to assume I sound angry, even when I'm not, and even after I say I'm not, I "still am." So we've been down that road, it didn't solve anything, everybody still has their assumptions and whatnots.
Quote:
The best part is when IF0 closes threads that don't go his way.

Easy solution there.. they usually dissolve into some "make fun of IF0" thing. Which isn't generally the reason I started the thread.

In conclusion, I'm sorry I don't put full thought out arguments on here. As I mentioned to Vervet yesterday via AIM, it's because I don't care enough and lose my train of thought at the beginning. They're not that important or relevant within or as part of my life. Wait a few days, the thread will be farther down the page. That's a very easy thing to get over.

If people are going to insult me, I'm sure eventually I'll respond. But if I don't respect someone, I'm not going to take the time to fully defend myself towards them as their opinions don't carry much weight with me. However, I can't stop people from trying to make fun of me. I rarely defend myself from them, so I don't really get what more you want from me. I'm not the one that insults me, and I'm surely not one to ask others to insult me. I'd like to see most of the people at INTL back down when someone specifically attacks them. That's when you get the pages of drawn out picking apart each other's posts that are complained about of so often. Guess what, I rarely if ever engage in that BS.

So, whatever this thread's about, you can bicker all you want. This is my last post in it. <-- Scratch that, if my roommate insists on trying to bitch at me for some reason, I'll respond. I don't know exactly why he decided to start shit with me, other than his AIM response of "I was bored," but I'm starting to get used to old "friends" trying to start shit with me. We'll just see how it goes.
"All these fucking asshole religious people will say it's a choice you know.. like, 'Homosexuality is a choice. That is a choice people make to engage in this deliciously decadent sinful behavior in God's eyes. They get together with their.. you know, hot oil rubdowns and whatnots.. It's.. It's sinful.' You know.. it's fucking genetics, not a choice. There's no fucking 16 year old heterosexual boy.. confused, socially awkward, you know, acne-scarred kid sittin' around, you know, in his bedroom going 'God, everyone hates me.. and.. the girls.. the girls that I like don't like me.. and.. Um. I know what to do, and the thought of having sex with another man, it's physically repelling to me.. But you know. Maybe it's time I invited even more nonstop harassment into my life.' Yeah that'll be fun. Why don't I just introduce the concept of getting the shit kicked out of me for no good reason by a bunch of fucking retards. Yeah, yeah that's a fun choice to make. A choice a lot of people are making. Yeah."
This reply was last edited on 02-01-05 03:43:22 PM by IF0.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:33:17 PM)

IF YOU SAY FACADE ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME I'M GOING TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS SO FUCKING BAD YOU'LL NEED AN EMOTIONAL TAMPON.

HAY GUYS ITS THE INTERNET I DONT CARE AND HERE'S SEVEN PARAGRAPHS TO PROVE IT!
If I can bludgeon a hooker to death and burry her in the desert, I sure as shit can punch a little girl and steal her shoes.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:34:18 PM)

Quote:
Is this similar to your "stupid facade" of hating everyone and listening to all your bitter music and all that?

I'm listening to Beautiful World by Coldplay.

Anyway, I'll edit the rest in later. I've got to go to work. Just thought I'd point out the irony of what was going on while you typed.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:40:22 PM)

I know I said I wouldn't post again, but seriously. That was the most irrelevant part of the entire post I just made. Coincidentally, just as irrelevant as my "facade." I was making fun of your accusation - Because I didn't see how it mattered.

Smokey.. those 7 paragraphs are common sense to me, and didn't require a lot of effort to type them up. I'm sorry if you don't understand that there's a difference between "caring" and "posting."
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:45:01 PM)

I didn't read the thread other than like 2 posts, but it just reminded me of me and my girlfriend sitting in the same room having an important conversation over MSN.

Good game, TRC and IF0 i'm a serial-killer :) I would make fun of you, but I am no better.
BATTLE WANG, JOIN TODAY (SO FUN!)
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:51:37 PM)

Quoted from uofhdaufpidgsaudsa:
I didn't read the thread other than like 2 posts, but it just reminded me of me and my girlfriend sitting in the same room having an important conversation over MSN.

Good game, TRC and IF0 i'm a serial-killer :) I would make fun of you, but I am no better.

I think somewhere in here Nova is implying that you two are homosexual.
in New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is death
IF0
Administrator

Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 03:53:39 PM)

He's not here. And he didn't say anything to me about this to my face. So this is how I responded as this is how I found it.
EDIT: Plus it is sort of INTL related.
abused

Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 04:01:48 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
He's not here. And he didn't say anything to me about this to my face. So this is how I responded as this is how I found it.
EDIT: Plus it is sort of INTL related.

Quote:
Also Here: Chimp, IF0, uofhdaufpidgsaudsa

Awww, the love! <3

Even if it's INTL related, I dunno, you guys live together. I don't even live with Coca Cola, but if I thought he was being a fag on here, I'd wait until I saw him in real life and say "Dan, stop being a fag" and then we'd laugh and have a beer, and it would be merry. He'd probably do the same to me.

Like, I dunno. I am a nerd, but you guys are just nerding it up too much even for me.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 04:07:00 PM)

Shut up, Nova.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 04:18:31 PM)

He's at work Nova.
abused

Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 04:24:22 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Shut up, Nova.

Oh, Smokey.
I took away your keys last night only for your own good.
abused

Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 02-01-05 04:25:01 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
He's at work Nova.

True, but he won't be working forever and it's still pretty lame to fight on a messageboard with someone you live with. Just my opinion... not that my opinion is entirely meaningful on this site, but I often say it anyway.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3206 | Total Posts: 48 ]