Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So I got into college > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5901 | Total Posts: 74 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-10-05 02:57:58 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Woohoo! Any other seniors dealing with college stress?

I got accepted to Penn State, University Park Campus (main campus) this weekend...I don't think i'll be going there, but its a big relief to know that i'm not going to end up at community college next year, and that I got into a good school. I'm still waiting on Drexel, Villanova and Lehigh. Well, i'm not "still" waiting on them, considering I turned them all in at the deadlines, which were late december and early january...I'm not sure if I even got them in on time. Which is another reason getting in to Penn State Main is relieving, cause incase all my other apps are considered late I still have somewhere good to go.

Wheres everyone else applying/going?
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 1 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 03:12:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Congratulations, and no, I was dealing with the stress of university but right now I'm trying my luck in what we call the "workforce". So far, so good.
Chris Griffin: Yo, did y'all check me when that hottie was all up in my Kool-Aid? Yeah, I was looking to break off a little somethin' somethin' but my crew gave me the 411 on that skank and she's all about the bling-bling.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 03:36:35 PM)

So far, I've just been accepted by University of MO - Columbia, and I'm not going to find out from my 10 other schools until the end of March or beginning of April.

Gonna cut my eyes out!
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 03:48:40 PM)

I graduate this year, but havn't applied to any colleges yet as I don't plan to attend any until the Spring of 2006. I decided to wait so that I could get a better portfolio together than I already have. If I had already applied, it really wouldn't be all that great.

When I do finally get around to applying to schools, though, they'll be Corcoran College of Art and Design, Maine Institute of Art, and Columbus College of Art and Design. I'm hoping I'll get accepted to one of the three, although I'm also applying to Rhode Island School of Design for kicks, just to see if I get in. At 40,000 a year, I can't afford to go there but I'd aboslutely love to.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 4 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 03:52:28 PM)

Quoted from Lyle:
I graduate this year, but havn't applied to any colleges yet as I don't plan to attend any until the Spring of 2006. I decided to wait so that I could get a better portfolio together than I already have. If I had already applied, it really wouldn't be all that great.

When I do finally get around to applying to schools, though, they'll be Corcoran College of Art and Design, Maine Institute of Art, and Columbus College of Art and Design. I'm hoping I'll get accepted to one of the three, although I'm also applying to Rhode Island School of Design for kicks, just to see if I get in. At 40,000 a year, I can't afford to go there but I'd aboslutely love to.
Art college really sets you up for life. omg yah rite fag lol
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 5 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 04:01:11 PM)

Congratulations, Dimi and Soccy. i'm a serial-killer :) It's always a relief getting the first acceptance letter. It restores confidence in yourself.

I'll be experiencing senior stress very soon when I start applying to graduate school. I've already researched a couple and will be taking the entrance exam (PCAT) this summer.
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 04:12:18 PM)

Congratulations, chaps.

I might be able to spend a semester at university thanks to some UCEP program for kids with pretty good marks. My sister did the program and said it basically stole a semester of a good year of high school, and did nothing for her in terms of giving an advantage to acceptance and stuff. She had a really bad time with it, and unless I could take a drama program (the local university's program kind of sucks), I wouldn't go. If I can, I'd still come back for a fifth year of high school to do some stuff I missed.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 7 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 04:22:41 PM)

So far I've gotten into University College London (UCL), Imperial College London, University of York and University of Bath. I'm still waiting to hear from Warwick.
SweetPea

FUCK OFF PLZ :mad:

Ballkicks: (+20 / -8)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 8 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 04:53:29 PM)

Congratulations!! I am not currently going though the senior stress stage... I have a couple years until I do, but I do know what you are going through. My boyfriend has applied to Ball State University and has been accepted. However, he still has to go through auditions to get into their musical school (he is going to be a music major), which is a whole new ball game. So naturally, he is stressing over that, being away from home, and going to a new town and new school, and not knowing anyone.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 9 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 05:49:12 PM)

I got into University of Chicago early, and got rejected early decision at Columbia.

I'm still waiting to hear from Georgetown, Yale, UPenn, and Brown.

Of those I'd go to Penn or Yale if I get in. (Penn and Georgetown are the only two I have a realistic shot at)
wir hören ein singen im raum...
wir jagen die monotomie...
wir machen aus stunden ein jahr
und mondschein aus unserem haar
wir fliegen so weit wie noch nie
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 10 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 05:51:30 PM)

I was accepted to the St. Louis College of Pharmacy in October, it was the only place I bothered applying to. Now I'm worried about finical aid.
tigrae

Ballkicks: (+14 / -4)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 11 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 05:55:24 PM)

I was accepted into the graphic design program at the College of Design Art Achitecture and Planning at the University of Cincinnati and got scholarships that will make it cost about $4,000/ year. Lovely. I'm still waiting to hear from the Rhode Island School of Design and Brown, neither of which would be affordable at 40k a year.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 12 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 06:06:01 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
Congratulations, Dimi and Soccy. i'm a serial-killer :) It's always a relief getting the first acceptance letter. It restores confidence in yourself.

I'll be experiencing senior stress very soon when I start applying to graduate school. I've already researched a couple and will be taking the entrance exam (PCAT) this summer.

If you're going to medical school, you should totally come hit up U of VA with me.
asthetik

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Reply 13 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 06:27:24 PM)

Quote:
Brown, neither of which would be affordable at 40k a year.

Pretty much all the Ivies are fully need-based aid, so if you really need the money they'll help you out because they have money coming out of their ears.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 06:52:43 PM)

Congrats, Dimi & Soccy. Exciting time big grin

I've been dealing with the stress of college for 4 years now, heh.
Ballsack 5.0

i'd like to see a pic of ice's duck

Ballkicks: (+91 / -77)
Reply 15 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 06:59:32 PM)

Quote:
If you're going to medical school, you should totally come hit up U of VA with me.

I plan to attend medical school in four years. Zippo, you, and me should all hang out then i'm a serial-killer :)
BB: Seeking social acceptance from the Internet since 1998.
Zing
BRUNET TILL BALD

Purrrfect timing.

Ballkicks: (+148 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2004
Reply 16 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 06:59:56 PM)

I just spent the night at Iowa State, from which I will be receiving my acceptance soon (wow, I'm not sure what I'd do if I don't). Being from in-state reduces my tuition by half, so it is by far the most economical choice. Later, I am going to apply for Freshmen Honors, which I just barely meet the requirements for; this is what I am most worried about.
*lightnings*
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:28:07 PM)

Quoted from asthetik:
I got into University of Chicago early, and got rejected early decision at Columbia.

I'm still waiting to hear from Georgetown, Yale, UPenn, and Brown.

Of those I'd go to Penn or Yale if I get in. (Penn and Georgetown are the only two I have a realistic shot at)

Goodluck man. I was gonna apply to Penn but then I realized I never took SAT2s, and I didn't feel like it. Hey if you get into Penn maybe we'll be clubbing in Philly together one day.

Thanks for the congrats to all who offered them.
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
asthetik

Reply 18 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:41:18 PM)

Quote:
Hey if you get into Penn maybe we'll be clubbing in Philly together one day.

Haha sounds like a plan. Hopefully I'll be able to get a club night sometime in college, if I can find anywhere into tech/progressive-house. Or I could always spin trance or disco house or something else more mainstream.

Congrats on your acceptances, btw. Its a great feeling.
Ballsack 5.0

i'd like to see a pic of ice's duck

Ballkicks: (+91 / -77)
Reply 19 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:42:01 PM)

Quote:
I never took SAT2s,

<---Made 800 on SAT II Writing, 790 on US History.
BB: Seeking social acceptance from the Internet since 1998.
asthetik

Reply 20 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:43:25 PM)

sweet
Lyle

My penis is huge

Reply 21 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:47:08 PM)

Quoted from Dante:
Quoted from Lyle:

Art college really sets you up for life. omg yah rite fag lol

I'd rather be doing something I love and not have so much money than be stuck in a fucking cubicle job for the rest of my life.

And besides, just because I'm going to college for art doesn't mean I won't be able to make money. Maybe you should ask me what my fucking plans are before you assume stupid shit about me.
D
Administrator

Reply 22 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:50:30 PM)

In the spirit of looking toward the future, what are your plans?
Lyle

My penis is huge

Reply 23 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 07:58:40 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
In the spirit of looking toward the future, what are your plans?
Hopefully I'll get into Corcoran where I'll go for five years instead of the traditional four to get both my BFA/MAT.

After that, I want to go to school in Ireland to get my MFA, with my MAT to fall back on, just in case. After I get my MFA, I'll be able to teach at the college level, maybe 15 hours a week, and just do studio work the rest of the time. I want to open up a gallery, but I'm already doing that this February.
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 74 (Originally posted on: 01-10-05 08:08:26 PM)

You should have applied to UW-Madison.

Because.

I don't know.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5901 | Total Posts: 74 ]