Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > "Tell me something interesting" > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5702 | Total Posts: 52 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-28-04 04:17:20 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

You've all been in this situation: You're lying there, just keeping to yourself, and she says "Tell me something interesting".

Now, this is a lot of pressure.

When faced with this situation, I usually steal from the movie Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, and say something like this: "So there's this fish that lives really deep under the ocean, right? I think it's called the Anglerfish or something. Anyway, the female is way bigger than the male, because, you see, the male is a parasite, okay? So after the male mates with the female, he latches onto her back, and stays there. Eventually, he grows into her back and their bloodstreams merge, so they kind of turn into one organism." It usually works out pretty well because that's totally interesting, but, like, it's only one thing and if I ever get someone who is exceptionally curious or something I'm not going to be able to top that. So, fellow INTLers, that's where you come in.

Tell me something interesting.
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Kapn Xaos
OMG! OMG! LOOK its a Xaos group
Posting is now a bannable offence!

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+97 / -144)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 1 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 07:06:05 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Something Interesting about the Windows Registry.

The Microsoft Windows Registry Editor is able to view five predefined and reserved keys in the registry. They are HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_USERS, HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The HKEY_CURRENT_USER is a subkey of HKEY_USERS. It is the registry key used by a user, who is currently logging on to the system.

When you log on Windows NT/2000 locally, you can edit your personal registries in HKEY_USERS or HKEY_CURRENT_USER using the Registry Editor. At the same time, HKEY_CURRENT_USER can be accessed and modified remotely. In other words, you can edit your personal registries (HKEY_CURRENT_USER) using your account and password from a remote computer, given that you are also logging on the target computer locally.

If your account and password are stolen, it becomes a very serious security problem. Someone who knows your account and password can edit your personal registries.
People must think I'm a rock, they keep asking if I'm stoned.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 2 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 08:52:36 AM)

The average human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:04:13 AM)

I usually just make up a story on the spot, about whatever it is that comes to mind first.

if you can't make up stories, ask questions. asking questions is always good for conversations, because you can go from what the other person answers. make sure it isnt a stupid quesion though
[18:45] VervetPaw: Why are penises so fun?
[18:45] VervetPaw: I mean, you touch them, and they get bigger!
[18:45] VervetPaw: It's the coolest fucking toy since ever.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 4 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:28:44 AM)

Quoted from Kapn Xaos:
Something Interesting about the Windows Registry.

The Microsoft Windows Registry Editor is able to view five predefined and reserved keys in the registry. They are HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_USERS, HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The HKEY_CURRENT_USER is a subkey of HKEY_USERS. It is the registry key used by a user, who is currently logging on to the system.

When you log on Windows NT/2000 locally, you can edit your personal registries in HKEY_USERS or HKEY_CURRENT_USER using the Registry Editor. At the same time, HKEY_CURRENT_USER can be accessed and modified remotely. In other words, you can edit your personal registries (HKEY_CURRENT_USER) using your account and password from a remote computer, given that you are also logging on the target computer locally.

If your account and password are stolen, it becomes a very serious security problem. Someone who knows your account and password can edit your personal registries.

you mind if i use that one next time?
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 5 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:50:49 AM)

The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." Uses every letter in the alphabet. (developed by Western Union to test telex/twx communications)
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 6 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 10:16:56 AM)

A half cup of hair is equal to one serving of protein.

Cake on the counter is like Communism in Russia. Neither are there anymore.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 7 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 11:15:21 AM)

A single human hair can support up to ten pounds of verticle tension.
Ok, that's good to know...

"I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better if he had never lived" -- Winston Churchill

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- The Infamous Mr. Dan Quayle
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 8 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 11:18:52 AM)

The results of Elvis Presley's autopsy are being released in 2007.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 9 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 11:22:07 AM)

It is estimated that 1 in 7 Russians may be Alcoholic.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
Tidus

Panda power!

Ballkicks: (+18 / -29)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 10 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 12:55:44 PM)

Uncopyrightables is the longest word in the english language that does not repeat any letters (Uncopyrightable if you dont count plurals).
http://maddox.xmission.com/
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 11 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 01:23:06 PM)

The name of the penninsula of Yucitan came out of a mistake. When Cortez asked a local man (in spanish) what the native called the area, the native responded "Yu ki tan" which means "I dont understand" in the native tongue. Cortez heard this, and decided to call the area Yucitan.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 12 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 01:47:26 PM)

Bill Gates is no longer the richest person in the world. The man who founded Ikea is now richest.
And the platypus is one of only two animals that is classified as a mammal, amphibian and fish. I forget the other one.
Bleed your wine so I can break the window.
Psychotic Astronaut
Background Forummers

Complete fucking idiot. ^______________^

Ballkicks: (+42 / -94)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 13 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 02:14:00 PM)

In your lifetime you'll pass enough gas to fuel an atomic bomb.
This is my signature

"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." ~Au
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 14 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 04:02:07 PM)

I usually respond to that question with something like "I'm not interesting, please be quiet and go to sleep."

I'm drowning in women, yes.
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 15 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 04:09:41 PM)

Quoted from Psychotic Astronaut:
In your lifetime you'll pass enough gas to fuel an atomic bomb.

That's stupid and totally incorrect.

Quote:
And the platypus is one of only two animals that is classified as a mammal, amphibian and fish. I forget the other one.

So is that one.

Guys, the problem with these facts you're giving me is that they're, with the exception of a couple, way way too short. It has to be more conversational, kind of like a story.

Quote:
The name of the penninsula of Yucitan came out of a mistake. When Cortez asked a local man (in spanish) what the native called the area, the native responded "Yu ki tan" which means "I dont understand" in the native tongue. Cortez heard this, and decided to call the area Yucitan.

This is pretty good.

And Kapn Xaos, the problem with yours is that it requires at the very least the ability to copy and paste text into the conversation, which for most people isn't enough. Maybe you and your wife have a unique relationship, though, so good luck with that.
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 16 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 04:21:16 PM)

i have to admit, ice, that the thing in your original post intrigued me and made me look up wikipedia, that sure is crazy, same blood and all.....
Oh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 17 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 05:28:24 PM)

I usually tell a chick to tell me something interesting in return, and of they don't, I tell them to shut up because I won't be their little toy.

coal
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 18 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 06:47:13 PM)

Interesting fact:

The Spanish General, Galvez (for whom Galveston is named) was more than a little off. According to my history teacher, he ordered a number of monkeys to be brought from South America (I think it was 100 or something close to that number). Why did he want the monkeys? To fight the Indians living in New Mexico.
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 06:53:41 PM)

Here's something interesting:

Girls that ask that should be punched in the tit.

Repeatedly.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 20 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 07:01:28 PM)

Iceland is one of the only nations in the world to still use the patronymic system. Children are given a last name which consists of their father's full given name followed by "son". e.g. if Svenburt had a son he called Ralf, he would be named Ralf Svenburtson.
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 21 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 07:56:25 PM)

Stormraider, am I correct in assuming that Ralf Svenburtson's son's surname would be "Ralfson?" Or am I doing it wrong? Cool factoid nonetheless.

The Onbashira festival occurs in Suwa City, Japan (near Nagano) every six years. The festival celebrates the building anew of the shrine. One of the rituals of the festivals involves cutting down four large trees, which are to be the chief suport beams of the new shrine. Several men then ride on top of the logs as they are pushed down a steep hill. It is this ritual that makes it one of the most dangerous festivals in the world.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 22 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:41:38 PM)

The Earl of Orkney of Scotland in the late 1390s made a voyage to Nova Scotia and landed at what is now considered modern day Pictou County. It is believed he might be the inspiration for the Mi Kmaq Natives legend of Gloosecap, a god who came to Nova Scotia, and stayed for a short period of time, teaching the natives better living and hunting techniques.
Research has proven the Natives diet and hunting skills virtually change in several quick weeks around 1398, develope skills for water transport and fishing skills that are not appearant before this time,encouraging the theory someone educated the natives at a quick pace. The Earl just like the God Gloosecap, had written in his log, he promised to come back to Nova Scotia and visit the natives again,. he was later killed in a battle in Scotland.
It was Believed the Earl found Nova Scotia from old viking maps, the vikings having also maped out Cape Breton, PEI, Mainland NS.
<Amphytrite> let's face it, matt.
<Amphytrite> no one on the tele is ever going to make the right look good.
<the_red_chimp> put me on the tele
<the_red_chimp> I will
<IF0> no you won't
<Amphytrite> no.
<MrExcitable> no
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 23 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:45:45 PM)

Quote:
Stormraider, am I correct in assuming that Ralf Svenburtson's son's surname would be "Ralfson?" Or am I doing it wrong? Cool factoid nonetheless

Correct.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 24 of 52 (Originally posted on: 12-28-04 09:55:28 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Guys, the problem with these facts you're giving me is that they're, with the exception of a couple, way way too short. It has to be more conversational, kind of like a story.

You could always use mine to start a conversation about Fight Club.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5702 | Total Posts: 52 ]