Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Meet your meat... (Go vegeterian!) ?NWS? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5957 | Total Posts: 63 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-24-04 12:22:09 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Meet your meat!

I'm not sure if this is really NWS or not, it's pretty sickening at points. It's just interesting, whether you want to look at it as propaganda or interesting fact.

It's pretty sad. I'm really just kinda listening to it and not watching it.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 12:40:09 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Ok, that's it.

The only food I will ever eat from now on is spinach.

Edit - Besides pork. That is just too good to give up. And beef. Also, the chickens didn't look so bad off, so fuck 'em.

But besides those, I won't eat any meat products.
LEGISLATION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES
This reply was last edited on 12-24-04 12:56:13 AM by Dante.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 12:53:37 AM)

The Meet Your Meat stuff(at least that from PETA) is part of the reason I decided to go vegetarian. Not the whole reason, but part of it. It's hard to watch, but then it's hard to watch a lot of things.
Opinions on the green stockings:

Smokey: I don't mind the green stockings btw MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Asthetik: They should pimp your wardrobe first
Drah: Holy fucking shit. Please tell me those aren't your regular clothes.
TRC: Nice stockings, btw.
Skye: I don't know about color coordination skills
Zing: They conveniently clash with the skirt.
peach: They seem like they could be cool with other clothes.
MrE: green socks...are "pro nick"
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 01:29:46 AM)

I thought cruelty to (real) animals was illegal - especially on film?

I don't eat much meat as it is, but I imagine I'll keep eating it. I'll just remember the whole circle of life thing, and when I die, I'll become maggot feed.

Man, if the theory about karma is true, I'm probably coming back as one of those chickens. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
This reply was last edited on 12-24-04 09:53:10 AM by Hasty Penguin.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 01:32:52 AM)

How can you watch this and not feel bad? But, someone has to do this, and when you deal with that many animals, I'm sure you stop looking at them the way you see them while watching this video. They're just food.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 5 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 02:27:00 AM)

Most of the stuff from this movie doesn't happen every where. I've been to a lot of places where stuff like this goes on and some of the stuff they talk about is bullshit.

For instance they make sure to get all the dead birds out and they bury them. They don't want disease to spread or they couold be sued or not make any money.

Another part that is full of shit is the dairy cow part. I've lived on a dairy farm. Many of my friend's famlies own them. The cows are taken very good care of and are treated very well.
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 6 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 02:45:46 AM)

I'm ambivilent about this movie. On one hand, where what they allege is going on, it needs to stop. On the other, like Ileus, I've seen animals of these types raised in conditions where they aren't treated cruelly, where they're given enough space to run around, aren't mutilated, and are cared for by the farmers with pracically as much care as if they were pets. I think if animals are to be used as a food source, this should be the way it is done, and abuse should be severely cracked down on.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 7 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 06:17:57 AM)

This didn't affect me in the least. Although I don't agree with animal abuse, what do you expect? Farmers can't go to every measure to comfort animals that aren't going to live very long lives anyway. It's sad, but they are being bred and raised for the nation's consumption. That's their sole purpose in life, so I don't really see a reason to let them run free. It would give the poor things a false sense of hope.

Besides, meat is so tasty.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 8 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 09:38:07 AM)

You guys ever had OX tail? Ox Tail is fucking awesome. Everyone needs to try it. Oh and Deer! Goddamnit that Deer is good.

Animal torture is a frightening thing because it normally leads to the same behavior towards humans, and there's no reason for it. That doesn't mean I want them to stop killing animals, I just don't want them to have as much fun as some of them seem to have. I did a research paper on PETA and how they have taken "The Ethical Treatment" of Animals and gradually morphed it into "Equal Rights for Animals". It was fair because I commended them on all the efforts they've made to stop needless testing and torture of animals (often times domestic, like dogs and cats) but then on the other hand they go to ridiculous extremes especially with their GO VEGAN ads.

Look at this one for the holidays...

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=xmas_psa

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FUCKING MURDERERS!!! I wonder if they ever thought that all these cows and chickens and whatnot might not be having a family holiday celebration because THEY ARE FUCKING ANIMALS! Maybe I'd give a fuck if these animals were capable of a warm family gathering by the fire and an exchanging of gifts, if they joined us on New Years getting drunk as shit and sleeping with the closest thing you with a pulse you can find at midnight I'd hesistate to fry them up on the fucking grill.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 9 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 11:11:13 AM)

My friend hunts alot, and he got some antelope recently. They made jerky out of it, and it was the best damn jerky I've ever had. Antelope jerky kicks ass.
i've never been perfect // but i never meant to drag down you // so if i'm dragging you down now // i could wait in the lost and found // just promise me you'll be perfect // and i promise that i'll come around sometimes // to say // hello // all smiles[/w]

[w]L'enfer, c'est les autres.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 10 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 11:35:38 AM)

I still dont understand why this is such a big deal.

Killing something is killing something, I dont care if you laugh while your doing, make whoever you're killing 'suffer'. They still end up dead when it's all said and done.

I think it comes down to respect for what one has power over. If you don't give a shit about whay you can drastically affect, then eventually that power will overtake you.

This for example is the power of life (or at least the preconcieived fabrication of said power).
Perhaps Smokey is right in saying It could lead to demoralization of ones moral make-up. Killing in any fashion could become acceptable, even unto humans.

But who the fuck cares about killing a bug? Or a fish? Or grass?

I think it goes deeper then the growing and killing of animals for consumption.
bigne.ws
tinmaddog

Ballkicks: (+3 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 11 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 12:37:10 PM)

Humans are (by design, evolution, or whatever force you want to attribute it to) omnivores. The only debate here is whether we accept or deny our nature and, if we accept it, how we go about satisfying that need.

By the way, did you know that humans taste just like pork?
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 12 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 01:00:24 PM)

I am still waiting for Angus to post in this thread.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 13 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 02:27:07 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=xmas_psa
Their cruel pictures are the same from the other movie. I want to wait and see how often these will be used. It's probably one of the few they actually have video of.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 02:54:00 PM)

These animals have fucking nerve-systmes, and they are in a lot of fucking pain in their entire life, and that ain't cool.

So, they are not homo sapiens, that doesn't mean they don't feel pain. We humans control the world now, let's act like we can take care of that responsibility, instead of needless torture.
Oh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 15 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 03:28:35 PM)

brb, grilling up some burgers
please have sex with me zippo
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 16 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 06:08:31 PM)

What adam showed you is a bigger issue of corporate farms. Many rural areas are going under for small time farmers due to big corporations are sponsoring large animal factorys, in the end you get two problems, poor food and poor treatment of animals.

Myself and my family literally buy out beef right from a farmer. For 150 cdn he will slaughter and prepare a cow for you. Clean beef and no curel treatment.

And comming from a rural area, I was always taught if you are going to kill an animal make sure you do it fast and proper.
<Amphytrite> let's face it, matt.
<Amphytrite> no one on the tele is ever going to make the right look good.
<the_red_chimp> put me on the tele
<the_red_chimp> I will
<IF0> no you won't
<Amphytrite> no.
<MrExcitable> no
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 17 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 08:41:54 PM)

Quoted from Ileus:
Most of the stuff from this movie doesn't happen every where. I've been to a lot of places where stuff like this goes on and some of the stuff they talk about is bullshit.

For instance they make sure to get all the dead birds out and they bury them. They don't want disease to spread or they couold be sued or not make any money.

Another part that is full of shit is the dairy cow part. I've lived on a dairy farm. Many of my friend's famlies own them. The cows are taken very good care of and are treated very well.

Yeah, most of this stuff is just the very very very worst that happens anywhere. I've seen a lot of farms and ranches, and they're all pretty good. It is horrible, but PETA just likes to oversensationalize this shit, it's not going to stop me from eating meat, and it's not like millions upon millions of small animals don't get crushed to death in combines that harvest wheat and such.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 09:55:20 PM)

I still don't care.
wir hören ein singen im raum...
wir jagen die monotomie...
wir machen aus stunden ein jahr
und mondschein aus unserem haar
wir fliegen so weit wie noch nie
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-25-04 01:25:32 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
These animals have fucking nerve-systmes, and they are in a lot of fucking pain in their entire life, and that ain't cool.

So, they are not homo sapiens, that doesn't mean they don't feel pain. We humans control the world now, let's act like we can take care of that responsibility, instead of needless torture.

Yeah, one step at a time. We haven't figured out how to stop killing each other yet.

PS: We don't control the world.
Bianca
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -6)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 20 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-25-04 11:37:02 PM)

I am vegetarian therefore I do not wanna watch that crap.

I like animals but not on my plate.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 21 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-26-04 11:36:13 AM)

if you drink milk YOU ARE SUPPORTING VEAL!!!

MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will NOT resume in 6 months)
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 22 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-26-04 11:30:49 PM)

A cow left to free to "frolic in the green pastures of the heartland," or whatever bullshit PETA is saying would otherwise occur in a world free of meat companies, will die as well, and most likely in a more painful and horrific fashion. A shot to the brain after living to maturity, all the while protected, sheltered and well-fed, sounds quite appealing compared to having your organs chewed from your stomach by a wild pack of wolves while you are still very much alive.

The essential problem cannot be the "murder" of these animals - for animal to kill and eat another is the very heart of nature. The real issue lies with the companies horrific treatment of its workers (which is well-documented in books such as Fast Food Nation), as well as the many instances of abuse against immature animals.

Quoted from Smokey:
PS: We don't control the world.
Umm, and who exactly does?
This reply was last edited on 12-27-04 01:20:51 AM by Dante.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 23 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-26-04 11:35:10 PM)

why is this NWS?
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will NOT resume in 6 months)
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reply 24 of 63 (Originally posted on: 12-26-04 11:36:38 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:
why is this NWS?

I was not sure if slaughtering animals was NWS or not.
Better safe than banned, hay?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5957 | Total Posts: 63 ]