Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Movies that make you cry > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 5392 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-13-04 08:49:06 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

After watching Big Fish for the second time last night, and sobbing through the last few scenes of it  when the dad is dying in the hospital and the son talks about the death  and for roughly half an hour afterward. My brother was cracking up during a bit of it, but I couldn'st stop crying.

That was an absolutely awesome movie. I cry a lot during movies, so here's a list of movies that made me cry/why:

Toy Story:
I felt really sad when Woody and Buzz were left behind and finally had to work together. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was ten when I watched it.

October Sky:
The soundtrack on its own is moving, combined with the somewhat cliché finish to it, got me sniffling.

The Iron Giant:
Yeah, yeah. I cried during this movie that had Vin Diesel providing the voice of the robot in his best role, interestingly enough. However, the movie ruined the ending it had [spoiler]by having the robot survive. Totally ruined the bittersweet/sad feeling it SHOULD have left me with[spoiler].

Finding Nemo:
Man, I cry during a lot of animated films... mostly because of the father son relationship portrayed pretty nicely. I was sad because the characters were so sad, not because of the events in the movie. Good movie, though.

If I think of others, I'll add them later. Add your own.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
This reply was last edited on 12-13-04 08:58:08 PM by Hasty Penguin.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 08:56:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Grave of the Fireflies: I was blubbering like a baby  after the baby girl died and they were showing her when she was alive running around the cave.  It's such a sad movie.

Big Fish: The ending MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

There have been other movies, but these are the two that stick out in my mind.
"Legolas grasped onto his bodkin arrow and stroked it steadily. It was but a few moments later that Legolas would let forth a mighty war cry and shoot millions of tiny arrows into Luthien's mouth. Being the expert archer that Legolas was, not a single one of his tiny arrows missed its target."
Hevan Gale

someone needs to break my hypocritical fingers

Ballkicks: (+27 / -49)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 09:12:14 PM)

Big Fish Sobbed for the first time in months when I saw this movie for the first time. I've cried the other 3 or 4 times I've seen it, but not as much.

Moulin Rouge Also sobbed for about an hour after this movie. Love it, adore it.... it's made me cry.

The King and IThe ending... breaks my heart every time I see it, and I cried the first couple of times.
Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 09:19:15 PM)

Schindlers List: It didnt make me cry but it was heart breaking, its one of the few movies that will tug at my emotions.
Sandamnit: I hope that someone alters your genetics so that your hair will start growing in black.
Vervet: I hope that someone alters your genetics so your penis will grow in large.

NNY - target is more dangerous than rugby
Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 09:47:03 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Grave of the Fireflies: I was blubbering like a baby  after the baby girl died and they were showing her when she was alive running around the cave.  It's such a sad movie.

I also cried at the ending of Big Fish. I was half expecting it, but when it actually occured, it was just so poignant.

Also:
The Green Mile:  The final execution scene, I think partially because of the way John Coffey refuses the hood because he doesn't want to die in the dark. . Thinking about it gets me a little choked up even now. Also,  the scenes expaining about the murder of those two girls are really heartbreaking. 

The Last of the Mohicans: The music was emotional to begin with, but the part where  the girl throws herself off the cliff  really started the waterworks.

A.I.: That little android had such a hard life. *sniff*

There are certainly others, but these definitely jump out at me.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 09:57:22 PM)

The ending of Titanic when the passengers that couldn't get off accept their deaths, and because of that music. When I saw it in the theater I held it back, but when I watched it again on video, I just couldn't.

Simon Birch, held back the tears when I saw it with my mom, watched it later that night by myself and let it all out.

Ikiru, which made me want to cry, and I would feel much more confident admitting that it made me cry then the above movies, but it didn't bring me to that level, a good, and very moving movie though.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 10:04:42 PM)

There are few movies as a whole that have made me cry, though there have been a few scenes. I can't really think of many of them at the moment, but one that sticks out of my mind is a show I watched when I was a child.

The Dog Who Stopped the War
Now the movie was B-Grade material. Granted it was an 80's film, the whole possibility of  creating snow forts that looked like real castles, with tunnels and fortifications  is unlikely, though it was very cool for a kid at a young age - I wanted one badly. For those who have no clue what this film was about, a bunch of Canadien children decide to have a snowball war against eachother,  and it gets out of hand, in which it goes all out snowball and fist fights and it begins to be taken too seriously.  The part which turned this strangely weird 80's film into a heartbreaker was  the death of one of the kid's Saint Bernards, Cleo, who gets upset and attempts to save her owner who is trapped when the large snowfort comes crashing down. The dog was pathetically cute. If there was any dog that deserved a film award, it was this dog hands down. Of course, after the initial shock the children are like "OMG, the dog died" and then shortly after they're at it again. Then it shows past scenes of the dog all happy with her owner, and oh well, it was upsetting.  

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Another movie that I found somewhat sad was this one.  It begins with widow Mrs. Muir moving into an old house, where she meets a ghost. The ghost, a captain, begins to like the woman, and grows a friendship with her. He eventually helps her gain money by allowing her to publish his story, however, she meets another man and the ghost gets jealous (even though she really didn't like the man all that much). Eventually, the ghost leaves before she can explain, and she lives out the rest of her life (perhaps 40 years) alone, hoping the captain would return. The end in which she dies and the captain greets her on the other side as they walk off together was very well done. It made me sad for she waited forty years for the captain. Forty. Years.   All because an idiot conman tried to steal her money by attempting to seduce her.omg yah rite fag lol 
sex is not 'action' it's
drama
and sometimes horror
and perhaps suspense
yes, lots of suspense
This reply was last edited on 12-13-04 10:19:48 PM by Sunn O))).
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 10:09:27 PM)

Schindlers list. When he  starts naming all the things he shouldn't have bought or whatever  that makes me cry.

Lots of movies make me weepy eyed but only a few make me cry.
An Affair to Remember Honestly makes me blubbery like a child every time I watch it. Mostly when   there is the realization that they've both loved each other, but she couldn't see him because she was ashamed and he finally knew she didn't reject him  I just love that movie to death.

Legends of the Fall I know it's a huge chick flick and it's really cliche, but it's so dramatic in a good way. Romance, heartbreak, death in the family, etc etc. Pretty much halfway through the movie I feel it tugging on my heartstrings and by the end I'm covered in tears.
Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 12:45:22 AM)

I hold back my tears during movies. My female friends think I don't cry because I'm insensitive.

The Green Mile brought me closer than any other movie I can remember.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 01:37:47 AM)

I can't think of any that really make me cry, but there are a few that make me emotional.

Children of Dune:  The death of Muad'dib, and especially the final scene between Lato and Stilgar. The final line he gives in that scene "to remind you of Muad'dib. To remind you that all humans make mistakes, and that all leaders are only human." gets to me every time. The whole damned movie is amazing, but that scene makes it for me. 

Braveheart: The first time I saw the ending, it railed me speechless. Each time I watch, it still touches me.

Gladiator: Same thing as Braveheart. The ending is just done too perfectly not to be touched by it.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 05:21:36 AM)

Movies make me sad but I've never cried during one. I'm such a heartless bastard. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS I don't think I've ever cried at a funeral either.
please have sex with me zippo
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 01:06:48 PM)

Quoted from Stormraider:

Braveheart: The first time I saw the ending, it railed me speechless. Each time I watch, it still touches me.

Same for me. It's fucking Mel Gibson and the movie is full of historical inaccuracies that bother me, but the ending is touching.

And yet, the scene that I think is more touching is when Wallace finds out Robert the Bruce has betrayed him. The expression in his face when he removes Bruce's helm, the despair, frustration and all that... Well, I find that most touching.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 01:32:07 PM)

The Green Mile:  The execution scene.  I get sad only thinking about that. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Cast Away:  When he loses Wilson at the raft in the end.  I think it might have something to do with some childhood trauma regarding the loss of stuffed animals.
Fake Uteri & Co
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 02:10:17 PM)

Cast Away is the only movie that has made me cry, for that same reason. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

And strangely enough, the only other thing that has made me cry was The Pinky and the Brain Christmas Special, because of  when Brain was trying to take over the world again, using Santa Clause to some end (I forgot exactly how), and Pinky wanted to deliver his letter to Santa while they were in the North Pole. Brain kept ignoring him the whole episode and was mean, but finally he read the letter and all Pinky wanted was for his best friend Brain to get what he wanted for Christmas, and that was all.  I have no idea why that gets me and most other movies or tv shows don't.

Another movie that comes close: The Santa Clause
 Tim Allen's character's divorced wife and her new husband don't believe in Santa because of presents they never got. Her husband was 3 years old when he stopped believing because he never got the Oscar Meyer weenie whistle that he wanted. Tim Allen's son believes in Santa the whole time because of a trip to the north pole they had taken, when Tim Allen became the new Santa to replace the dead Santa.
Once he becomes Santa, he floats up in his sleigh and passes out the presents, and Neil (his wife's new husband) finally gets his weenie whistle 
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 02:45:22 PM)

It's good there is someone else out there. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Some of the scenes in The Mighty makes me sad and blue as well, but it isn't enough to make me cry.
Fake Uteri & Co
Unmotivated

My G-d is offended by the letter o.

Ballkicks: (+61 / -14)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 02:47:07 PM)

My Girl  when Veda is at the funeral and she starts yelling about Thomas J's glasses 
The Cure at the funeral and after when Dexter's mother freaks out at Erik's mother 

I know there has to be more, but I can't remember right now. I'm such a sap when it comes to TV and moves. Hell, I cried when Tasha Yar died on ST:TNG
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 03:47:57 PM)

Mrs. Doubtfire:
Robin Williams' speech about his children being his oxygen is absolutely wonderful.
"We two dead apple trees see no possums in the mist of your grandmother."
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 08:12:44 PM)

La vita è bella.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 08:45:20 AM)

Saved!: I don't know what it is about this movie, but I cried throughout it for a lot of people.
The Last Samurai: Something about when  Katsumoto's son dies  and that very last battle scene gets me extremely depressed. I know that it was honorable, etc. etc., but it still gets me down. Especially when  the entire army bows to Tom Cruise, and when he brings Katsumoto's sword to the emperor during the treaty signing. 
Write your signature here.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+458 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 08:59:49 AM)

Forrest Gump- the  "you died on a Tuesday"  part
Moulin Rouge- when  Satine dies 

Also a couple of moments in Farscape.
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 11:31:27 AM)

I had to force myself not to cry when I first saw Titanic. Of course, that was when I was 13, and I don't cry now that I'm 21.

Movie spoiler:  OK, maybe sometimes I do MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS 
"I am a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Red Green

Spiff
!!!

gtfo

Ballkicks: (+258 / -11)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 01:49:34 PM)

West Side Story - The ending. Poor Maria.*sigh*
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 06:08:33 PM)

Quoted from Unmotivated:
My Girl  when Veda is at the funeral and she starts yelling about Thomas J's glasses 
The Cure at the funeral and after when Dexter's mother freaks out at Erik's mother 

I know there has to be more, but I can't remember right now. I'm such a sap when it comes to TV and moves. Hell, I cried when Tasha Yar died on ST:TNG

How could I have forgotten about My Girl? That movie makes me weep.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 09:47:39 PM)

The Untouchables  When Malone finally dies 
Seabiscuit The whole ending.
Bambi  When his mum dies 

That's pretty much it. People usually think I'm crying throughout every movie I watch but I have overactive tear ducts.
Opinions on the green stockings:

Smokey: I don't mind the green stockings btw MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Asthetik: They should pimp your wardrobe first
Drah: Holy fucking shit. Please tell me those aren't your regular clothes.
TRC: Nice stockings, btw.
Skye: I don't know about color coordination skills
Zing: They conveniently clash with the skirt.
peach: They seem like they could be cool with other clothes.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 11:14:29 PM)

Metropolis (the anime). The ending  were the trash
unit fifi brings Kinichi Timas 'heart' after the
fall of the Zygarot. It cut me deep. 

I, Robot.  The acting was horrible IMO,
but Sonnys' (the main robot character) manurism
were so, real. It made me have immense feelings
for him, and thinking about him dying really
upset me. Even though, I could've cared less for
Will Smith. 

bigne.ws
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5392 | Total Posts: 44 ]