Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Its harder than you think being me. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2233 | Total Posts: 31 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-11-04 08:59:46 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I gotta get up at nine oh clock five nights a week and like, go to work. i was there for 13 hours yesterday. and i gotta eat food every couple of days or ill die. and drinking, making sure i get my daily amount of liquor is harder than you might think. i mean, how would you like to have to go to the liquor store at 9am?
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 1 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 09:39:21 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

But I bet there's no line-ups in the LC at 9am kekeke u give soj???
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 2 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 10:02:33 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
But I bet there's no line-ups in the LC at 9am kekeke u give soj???

i wish. 8-9am is just as busy as 7-8PM (closing hour) in my experiance. of course, if its 9am and i need my fix i go to the ghetto liquor store by my house. if its later and im stocking up for the weekend i go to the good liquor store downtown.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 10:26:48 AM)

Oh, please. At least you're not getting mortar rounds fired at you on a daily basis. Liquor? What liquor? Oh, that's right, no alcohol in Iraq. At least we have internet and phone, for 30 minutes a day each respectively. Oh, wait, I want a hot shower. Damn, guess I'll have to wait until 0300 when no one else is taking one so I can get at least two drops of hot water. 13 hour workdays? Meh. I'm up and going at 0500 every morning and get off around 1900-2000. That's cramming a PT session, two meals, and plenty of time under a truck in my schedule.

BOOM. Mortar, get your shit, run inside the building! Continue to sit there in a concrete building with 30 inch walls for 2 hours after all-clear has been given because some jackass decided to go back to shopping at the PX before calling or coming back to the company after being allowed to do so. Sleep in a 15' x 20' room with 5 other people and try to stay out of each others personal lives. Not to mention dealing with the ever-wonderful scent of boot feet, ah, doesn't that smell truly magical? Wake up having to piss at 0200, then realize you have to take your weapon, a reflective belt, and flashlight with you. You know, just in case some random insurgent sneaks up on you taking a leak. When you hear the sound of a raging river of piss hitting the porta-john floor, you wonder if you should have worn shoes and brought that ever needed flashlight into the pitch-dark pisshole.

Carry a weapon around, but don't you dare put a magazine in it. Oh, you can have the rounds, just don't you dare use your weapon. Take that bastardized M16A2 with you everywhere. Shitter, shoppette, chow hall, MWR tent, work, and then sleep with it no more than 2 feet away so it's always in arms' reach. That wonderful armor plating? Watch a 5.56 round go right through it and realize that the iraqi insurgents fire a larger and more powerful round (7.62). Wear a 30 lb. vest that will stop, if you're lucky, 2 bullets. Wear it everywhere you take your weapon. Toss a 6 lb. Kevlar helmet on your noggin and you're set for business. Realize that you're doing this for a fraction of what civilian contractors are making (in my case, maybe $24,000 this year).

It could be worse. No matter what happens to you in life, you could always be in a shittier situation. Sure, I volunteered for the military. Sure, I volunteered to go to Iraq. Does that mean I enjoy it? Did raising my hand and agreeing to the fact that I'd follow orders from idiotic superiors make it easier? Does the idea of defending a country of greedy assholes make my life better?

No.

Contemplate all that you have to be grateful for, even if you don't think it's worth it. Life could always be harder.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-George Santayana
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 4 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 10:31:20 AM)

tl;dr

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 5 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 10:34:08 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
tl;dr

wow.

Nice spam, dickhead.

Stealth Edit: Wandering Idiot has it harder than you. It's true.
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 11:18:06 AM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
Oh, please. At least you're not getting mortar rounds fired at you on a daily basis. Liquor? What liquor? Oh, that's right, no alcohol in Iraq. At least we have internet and phone, for 30 minutes a day each respectively. Oh, wait, I want a hot shower. Damn, guess I'll have to wait until 0300 when no one else is taking one so I can get at least two drops of hot water. 13 hour workdays? Meh. I'm up and going at 0500 every morning and get off around 1900-2000. That's cramming a PT session, two meals, and plenty of time under a truck in my schedule.

BOOM. Mortar, get your shit, run inside the building! Continue to sit there in a concrete building with 30 inch walls for 2 hours after all-clear has been given because some jackass decided to go back to shopping at the PX before calling or coming back to the company after being allowed to do so. Sleep in a 15' x 20' room with 5 other people and try to stay out of each others personal lives. Not to mention dealing with the ever-wonderful scent of boot feet, ah, doesn't that smell truly magical? Wake up having to piss at 0200, then realize you have to take your weapon, a reflective belt, and flashlight with you. You know, just in case some random insurgent sneaks up on you taking a leak. When you hear the sound of a raging river of piss hitting the porta-john floor, you wonder if you should have worn shoes and brought that ever needed flashlight into the pitch-dark pisshole.

Carry a weapon around, but don't you dare put a magazine in it. Oh, you can have the rounds, just don't you dare use your weapon. Take that bastardized M16A2 with you everywhere. Shitter, shoppette, chow hall, MWR tent, work, and then sleep with it no more than 2 feet away so it's always in arms' reach. That wonderful armor plating? Watch a 5.56 round go right through it and realize that the iraqi insurgents fire a larger and more powerful round (7.62). Wear a 30 lb. vest that will stop, if you're lucky, 2 bullets. Wear it everywhere you take your weapon. Toss a 6 lb. Kevlar helmet on your noggin and you're set for business. Realize that you're doing this for a fraction of what civilian contractors are making (in my case, maybe \$24,000 this year).

It could be worse. No matter what happens to you in life, you could always be in a shittier situation. Sure, I volunteered for the military. Sure, I volunteered to go to Iraq. Does that mean I enjoy it? Did raising my hand and agreeing to the fact that I'd follow orders from idiotic superiors make it easier? Does the idea of defending a country of greedy assholes make my life better?

No.

Contemplate all that you have to be grateful for, even if you don't think it's worth it. Life could always be harder.
Hmmm, this makes my life seem pretty easy and insignificant.

I was originally going to bitch about the toilet being clogged, but fuck it. I can't compete with that.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 7 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 11:32:36 AM)

I'm pretty sure that just ended this thread, unless we happen to have some 1939 german jews posting here.
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 12:05:34 PM)

My grandfather. But he's not a poster here, he's dead.
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 9 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 12:43:14 PM)

I have to work for 9am and get up at 7:30am. I don't drink before work though as I would really do a shitty job if I were drunk.
"I am a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Red Green

Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 10 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 01:08:14 PM)

Kapn Xaos stole all you peoples' passwords?

Or is INTL just going downhill in general...
Ok, that's good to know...

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history -- this century's history--We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- Dan Quayle

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -- Brook Shields
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 11 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 01:08:23 PM)

I have to get up to go to work around 6:30-6:45 MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I work until 3, usually.

And then I go to school.

Work, school, work, school.
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 12 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 01:12:29 PM)

I have a pretty good life and people's posts have made me feel grateful. i'm a serial-killer :)
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 13 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 02:35:51 PM)

That is something I hate too, NNY. Remembering to eat and sleep.
To the top of that mount the unicorn came;
He joined in the dance, proud and untamed.
Thrice round the circle, then hooves flashed away,
Then the trees stood alone in the light of the day.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 14 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 02:40:58 PM)

All of our lives are tough, we are all slaves of the unrelenting momentum of time; never to relive the greater days of our past, being sent to a dead and bleak future.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 15 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 02:45:48 PM)

Quoted from Lord Devon:
All of our lives are tough, we are all slaves of the unrelenting momentum of time; never to relive the greater days of our past, being sent to a dead and bleak future.

Did you quote that from somewhere or pull it out of thin air? Either way, that's a damn good way to put it.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-George Santayana
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 16 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 04:15:55 PM)

Quote:
Sure, I volunteered to go to Iraq

Whoa, hold on a second there. You volunteered? As in, "I'm a volunteer!", or as in "I'd rather volunteer now before I'm forced to go, as I'll be anyway in a matter of weeks or a few months at best, because the timing is more convenient right now or whatever"? If it's not the latter I don't really understand it, seeing as you spend a good 10% of your time here complaining about the army.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
This reply was last edited on 12-11-04 04:21:28 PM by Pertti Susilainen.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 17 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 10:10:55 PM)

Hey getting up at 9 am for the liquor store is a religious pilgrimage for me.
Sandamnit: I hope that someone alters your genetics so that your hair will start growing in black.
Vervet: I hope that someone alters your genetics so your penis will grow in large.

NNY - target is more dangerous than rugby
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 12:38:50 AM)

Shit I know what you mean. I have like, the exact same life and it's really hard. I also am forced to go to Surdyks (best liquor store in the whole city) at 9 AM, sometimes 10, or even 11. Sometimes if I get there at the right time, I can get drunk before i even leave the place. I even have to sleep all day and miss out on the busy mish mosh that is our productive society. Life is really unfair.

Anyhow, sorry to hear you're doing so "badly", your recent "entraptment" must be very rough on you.
You can fake it for the papers
but I'm on to you.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 19 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 12:48:55 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
and i gotta eat food every couple of days or ill die.

Food = overrated.
Anyway, it could be worse. You could have to get up at 4:00a and work for 18 hours daily.
Or you could be Wandering Idiot. Which would suck.
Opinions on the green stockings:

Smokey: I don't mind the green stockings btw MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Asthetik: They should pimp your wardrobe first
Drah: Holy fucking shit. Please tell me those aren't your regular clothes.
TRC: Nice stockings, btw.
Skye: I don't know about color coordination skills
Zing: They conveniently clash with the skirt.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 20 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 01:34:18 AM)

It takes forever for my hair to dry.
I don't give a shit about sleeping, Leo.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 21 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 01:50:45 AM)

I work third shift at the post office.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 22 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 04:51:24 AM)

im fucking disapointed in some of you. am i the only one left who knows what sarcasm sounds like? i admit it was a crap idea for a thread, but christ i did my best to make it clear i was fucking joking. the only saving grace this thread has is the angry replies, they gave me a good laugh this morning before i went to bed.

kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 23 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 05:51:17 AM)

My life is so hard, I sleep all day and stay awake all night so I never get to talk to people *sigh* Also my mom owes me money!

PS WI wins.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 24 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 06:04:04 AM)

Hey, I have it pretty tough too, and I don't even have a weapon to comfort me.
Oisin kuollut kuusiöisnä, kaonnut kaheksanöisnä, oisi en paljoa pitänyt: vaaksan palttinapaloa, pikkaraisen pientaretta, emon itkua vähäisen, ison vieläki vähemmän, veikon ei väheäkänä. Aino, sister of Joukahainen. Kalevala, r. IV
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2233 | Total Posts: 31 ]