Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Females at INTL > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] [ Thread Views: 13055 | Total Posts: 134 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Zing
BRUNET TILL BALD

Purrrfect timing.

Ballkicks: (+148 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2004
(Originally posted on: 12-05-04 12:19:37 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Some people have complained that, for the reason they are female, they garner some sort of special respect. I agree. However, I feel that my trust is well-founded. In my opinion, ladies are generally more respectful, mature, and less likely to be asses. So, then, it would be reasonable to treat them differently, whether they are attractive or not.

Am I off-base in this?
*lightnings*
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-05-04 02:53:03 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yes.

There really isn't more that needs to be said. I know plenty of women that make even the most pig-headed of men look like gentlemen.
"Beware the man of a single book"
Bertrand Russell
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are"
George Carlin
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

My user given title was most likely given to me by a clitoral hood.
Ein

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+74 / -42)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-05-04 08:14:09 PM)

I agree with Brad. People flirt with some of the girls here in hopes of a few pictures in TEZ.
Fuck me.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-05-04 10:59:01 PM)

All the girls at INTL seem to get more attention than the guys (just look at the karma for any girl relative to that of a guy who's time spent here is about the same). I think it's because the girls here are open about sex and crap like that, and if they're anywhere near decent looking, revered as goddesses of the internet because omg we know how to go online. kekeke u give soj???
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 4 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-05-04 11:17:51 PM)

If enough women forummers came to INTL, a female Boo would surface eventually.

I do agree, however, that women are generally much more respectful and intelligent posters.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-06-04 04:30:26 AM)

Quoted from kayte:
All the girls at INTL seem to get more attention than the guys (just look at the karma for any girl relative to that of a guy who's time spent here is about the same). I think it's because the girls here are open about sex and crap like that, and if they're anywhere near decent looking, revered as goddesses of the internet because omg we know how to go online. kekeke u give soj???

I think you, peach, and I are the only women who actually have karma ratios we deserve.

But I do agree that having a vagina on this site gives you magical powers. However, the females on the site tend to offer good advice and contribute insightful things like the male forummers. For the most part, the females just don't immerse themselves in pursuing "the funny" as much as the males do.
Write your signature here.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 6 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-06-04 07:52:00 AM)

I didnt know until just now that Skye is in fact, a woman.

The question raised by this thread is to relative to get any real answers. There is to many factors to consider.

I guess if you wanted to look at as to why I would treat the females different, its because Im deafly afraid of them.
This extends beyond the internet and plays a role in my day-to-day life. I dont really talk to girls that often. Not because Im a dweeb or am shy, it just...makes me anxious for some reason.

Now that I think about it, I dont really talk to that many people at all.
bigne.ws
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 7 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-06-04 08:45:24 AM)

Quote:
In my opinion, ladies are generally more respectful, mature, and less likely to be asses.

I totally disagree. Its simple psychology. As men on a general basis the one thing we want more than anything is sex. We are nicer to women, more likely to laugh at their jokes, more likely to be helpful, and give them stuff because one day we would like to get ahold of that pussy, even on the internet even though realistically we probably don't have a snowball's chance in hell. We do this even if we don't realize it. I would bet the farm that a couple of females here would have salamando type karma if they were male.

This has been proven to some extent in online RPGS. People that didn't get groups as one character, rolled a female character and got groups plus a lot of free stuff from the exact same people that ignored them while they were on their other toon. Both times they were almost strangers to these people. I know people that have tried this. Also when I was playing DAOC, for the longest time my best friend ingame was a girl. We used to do everything together, but then she turned into an attention whore cause she kept getting powerleveling, free items etc. because "OMFG OMGZ OMG A GURL LOLZ LOLZ, hey sweetie how are you i'm a serial-killer :)". She considered these people to be really nice and friendly, although myself and quite a few other people considered them to be total jackasses, based on the way they acted around us.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 8 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-06-04 01:57:05 PM)

I just flirt, I can't help it.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 9 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-06-04 02:19:37 PM)

Usually I only treat girls better if I'm attracted to them, and I've only been attracted to a couple girls here, so I dont give them too much special treatment.

I suppose when I first came here 2 years ago, I had not that much previous contact with girls, so I somewhat worshiped the ground they walked on. I suppose when you realise they are just posters too, they're not that special anymore.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-10-04 04:01:19 PM)

"Boys become men when they realize even pretty girls go poop."
That's about when I met nelly, she was the village belle.
I was just a panderer, but I loved that girl like hell.

Then along came a city slicker, all finely dressed and gay.
Before I knew it, the son of a bitch stole my nelly away.

So I'm just resting my bones a while, and then I'll be on my way.
I'll get the runt that swiped my cunt if it takes till the judgement day.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 11 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 03:01:12 AM)

Quoted from Dante:

We've had plenty of retarded female posters.

This is, after all, the internet.
Brad's Summer Journal 4
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 12 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 01:43:01 PM)

The personalities of women vary just as much as those of men.

The variance is the same range pretty much, they are human too. However, I will say that women seem to be a bit more sociable, respectable and restrained amongst themselves
Women act differently with other women than they do with men. This is a fact, however, it is also true of men.

Men and women are different on the whole, no doubt, but within our 'ranges' the variance is just as high for both.
Then again, it is utterly impossible to classify any human being based on something so broad as gender, race, age or any related category.

Any single human being has the potential to behave in any way they see fit, regardless of circumstances or even feasibility.
Ok, that's good to know...

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history -- this century's history--We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- Dan Quayle

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." -- Brook Shields
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 13 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-11-04 11:05:37 PM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Quoted from Dante:

We've had plenty of retarded female posters.

This is, after all, the internet.
*coughcoughHevenGalecough*

Excuse me, I have a cold.
zozo

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+25 / -5)
Reg. Date: Nov 2004
Reply 14 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 08:54:18 AM)

are there even that many females here?
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 15 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-12-04 12:58:33 PM)

There aren't many females here who post on a regular basis. It's a male majority here.

However, the ones who are here deserve some of the credit they get because they *do* post on a regular basis and aren't all posting on a retarded level. At least, not all the time. It should be appreciated that we don't sit around posting "lol u guys rock" all the time.
Write your signature here.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 16 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 09:46:04 AM)

I think you're wrong.

Or rather, I think you're misplacing the real problem.

There are over a dozen forummers I could name who recieve more respect than they deserve, and although some of them include the female INTLers in question, most don't. It's part and parcel of forumming. Some people will inherently have some sort of X-Factor which precludes their recieving respect they clearly don't deserve. In some cases here, it has to do with past deeds which, while no longer being representative of their personalities or contributions, hang over them like a Halo, attracting to them respect. For others, it's a cycle. A few names of relative import back them, so your never named, but always mentioned horde of wagon-hoppers begin latching on for some Freudesque reason or another.

Whatever the reason, it's the base issue with forum "popularity". Something everyone complains about, but very few actually think through to the conclusion.

To me, the sooner forummers begin realizing the real issue has more to do with extraneous factors than it does genetalia, the better.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-13-04 02:42:39 PM)

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from kayte:

I think you, peach, and I are the only women who actually have karma ratios we deserve.

But I do agree that having a vagina on this site gives you magical powers. However, the females on the site tend to offer good advice and contribute insightful things like the male forummers. For the most part, the females just don't immerse themselves in pursuing "the funny" as much as the males do.

Thaaaanks.

I don't think women get any special treatment on INTL at all. In fact, of all other message boards I go to, females get the least respect here. Maybe my view is skewed, but that's how i see it.
You can fake it for the papers
but I'm on to you.
Psychotic Astronaut
Background Forummers

Complete fucking idiot. ^______________^

Ballkicks: (+42 / -94)
Reply 18 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 07:19:31 PM)

I think guys just generally like females better than males.

On a side note. I think females are much kinder than males. Males are extremely judgemental. Opposed to women who are less likely to be prejudice.
This is my signature

"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." ~Au
Hevan Gale

someone needs to break my hypocritical fingers

Ballkicks: (+27 / -49)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 19 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-14-04 07:34:53 PM)

Actually, it's exactly the opposite. Females are MUCH more prejudiced than guys when it comes to everything, actually.
Most of the guys I know don't really care, and the girls do...a lot.
Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 20 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-15-04 09:18:03 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
I don't think women get any special treatment on INTL at all. In fact, of all other message boards I go to, females get the least respect here. Maybe my view is skewed, but that's how i see it.

I pretty much agree. We get plenty of ATTENTION... not a lot of respect.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 21 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-22-04 10:28:40 PM)

Quoted from kayte:

Who said you could post outside of RS?

Not really. Most of the women at INTL are pretty cool.
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."

"We all have the same thing. One lifetime.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 22 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-24-04 08:38:15 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from kayte:

Who said you could post outside of RS?

Not really. Most of the women at INTL are pretty cool.

"Not really" notwithstanding, this is more or less what I was talking about. :/ Way to go i'm a serial-killer :)
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 23 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-25-04 08:25:18 PM)

None of you whores fucking cook!
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 134 (Originally posted on: 12-26-04 12:06:38 AM)

Why cook when you can eat out :P
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 13055 | Total Posts: 134 ]