Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > So, World of Warcraft is out in two days > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 12199 | Total Posts: 107 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Tabaxus

I post at INTL and all I got was this lousy title

Ballkicks: (+53 / -24)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
(Originally posted on: 11-21-04 10:14:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

For non-Euro people anyway.

Who is going to play, and on what style (PvP or normal) server?

For all of my bitching about the game, they did kind of fix the massive clusterfuck that was their last patch, which gives me enough faith to go out and buy it.

I'll be playing on a pve server- they have failed to demonstrate to me that the pvp servers will be anything but stupid non-RP centric gank fests. More than likely central time, to avoid being on the same server with Fires of Heaven or Legacy of Steel, heh.
Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-21-04 10:39:48 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Pacific PVP server as most of my RL friends will be on it, and somebody needs to gank those alliance bastards!
Ваш Бог мертв
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+48 / -41)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-22-04 07:30:35 AM)

PvP Horde
I Object to Pirates as Son-in-Laws!
We Object to Major Generals as fathers-in-laws.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-22-04 12:43:56 PM)

FUCK THIS THREAD. FUCK IT.
FUCK YOU ALL.

I'm going to have to order it anyway so I can play on servers where people speak english MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS Seriously, in euro servers, you'll see french, german, italian, spanish, but english? FUCK THAT SHIT!
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 4 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-22-04 12:51:55 PM)

I would love to get this, but chances are that I won't. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

But if I did I'd probably be on Eastern non-PVP.

EDIT: http://www.apple.com/games/trailers/worldofwarcraft/trailer480.html

Now I really want it.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
MurphGuitar

Ballkicks: (+33 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-22-04 06:03:52 PM)

After having bought HL2 through Steam I guess I'm forever going to be upset now that I have to actually go somewhere and buy a game. I'm going to be calling around tonight after I get home and trying to find a 24-hour store that will start selling WoW at midnight tonight. I've been thinking for 6 days now about how I can get through the first several levels more efficiently. I'm going to be a Night Elf Hunter again, on a PvP server in the Eastern time zone.
Defy me at your peril.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 6 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-23-04 02:57:13 PM)

Pacific PvP with Woadie, but I won't be getting it until next week.
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Reply 7 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-23-04 06:59:49 PM)

I'm on Blood Hallow
MurphGuitar

Reply 8 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-23-04 09:53:36 PM)

These queues are so much bullshit I can't believe it. I logged back on tonight and started a wait in a 700+ person queue. Then of course I hit the forums and I see that some people have had 1500+ person queues, and some people are having their game crash when the game finally starts to load so they can get in another queue.

The sad truth is, even this is not going to be enough to make me not want to play. I wish Blizzard would get punished for this by seeing a lot of people quit playing the game, but the game's too awesome and I don't think that'll happen.
Defy me at your peril.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Reply 9 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-24-04 08:29:58 AM)

Please explain queues for those of us who don't have the game.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Woadie

Reply 10 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-24-04 11:11:56 AM)

Shenzorus on Destromath Pacific PVP no lines out west guys and you wont lag besides you know you want to play on the same server with somebody who is as cool as I am.....

Hordie 4 life.
Ваш Бог мертв
Tabaxus

Reply 11 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-24-04 05:44:56 PM)

Queue is basically a line to get in to the game, really not much else to say. Its being heavily used now because the newbie areas are too congested.

Granted, the servers are totally fubar now and none of us are playing, heh
Woadie

Reply 12 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-24-04 07:43:49 PM)

YAY for the $80 game that wont let you play because the servers either can't handle their loads or Blizzard still hasn't come to terms that in MMO's you can't get away with the "Soon" line.....
Ваш Бог мертв
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

Reply 13 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 01:17:17 AM)

So basically I should wait a couple weeks before I pick this up.
~British[/whisper] Agent
- Vincent
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 14 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 07:08:12 AM)

id give it more than a couple weeks to fix the servers and probably any patching that will surface.

watching all this is hilarious, at least for me whose not trying to play the game, nor spent good money on it.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 15 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 10:20:14 AM)

That settles it for me then, I won't be purchasing the game. Im on a shit internet connection as it is and Im not playing money to wait in line only to linkead so I can return to the end of the line.

its a shame too cause it was a sweet game.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

Reply 16 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 10:33:10 AM)

I guess now would be a good time to get City of Heroes.
~British[/whisper] Agent
- Vincent
Woadie

Reply 17 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 10:48:34 AM)

**UPDATE**

I bitched too soon after the realms went down for the tinkering they were good as new and Blizzard is adding more and more servers by the day. I have yet to wait in line myself as I am on a Pacific server with medium pop at peak time.
Ваш Бог мертв
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 18 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 02:11:23 PM)

So..anyone think the West is wide open because everyone's deathly afraid of the inevitable Ke-ke-ke-korean rush? I'm playing Illidan/Horde. I figured I'd buy it, level to 60 and sell the account while the market is good. I don't know if it can hold my interest past that.
MurphGuitar

Reply 19 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 06:18:32 PM)

Someone made a great point, that Blizzard was doing forced servers so you couldn't play with people who were in the same time zone as you. But then the server overloads happen, and they start encouraging everyone to join the mountain and pacific servers because they have low pop! And they actually said you won't lag if you do that. Well if that's the case why did you do forced servers?

But I wouldn't give up on the game, they've nearly doubled their number of servers and I've been playing today with very little lag, although I do happen to be in a queue right now to get on and play. It was a 30 minute queue, not as bad as yesterday.
Defy me at your peril.
Tabaxus

Reply 20 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-25-04 06:45:53 PM)

They also took 4 servers down for 'at least 2 days', some of the most popular ones.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 21 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-26-04 05:26:05 AM)

I guess I'll hold my order to get this around Christmas. That way, I can play it on my new internet connection, processor, extra RAM and graphics card.
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-26-04 08:56:07 AM)

Quote:
I guess I'll hold my order to get this around Christmas. That way, I can play it on my new internet connection, processor, extra RAM and graphics card.

All I want for christmas is some DSL... =(
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 23 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-26-04 10:43:02 AM)

Quoted from MBS:
Quote:

All I want for christmas is some DSL... =(
I'm getting a 8Mb downstream 400Kb upstream kekeke u give soj???
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Reply 24 of 107 (Originally posted on: 11-27-04 09:09:11 PM)

Jimmy went to Illidan to play with everyone else from Palomides.

the queue thing for me isn't that big of an issue but, only time I had to wait was release day and then may be 2 minutes during prime time.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 12199 | Total Posts: 107 ]