Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > The World Series Thread > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5724 | Total Posts: 72 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Ballkicks: (+116 / -37)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 10-12-04 10:36:25 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yankees just beat the Red Sox 10-7, withstanding an insane seven-run comeback after an 8-0 lead, and making me very happy. Curt Schilling was off his game, but Mussina pitched excellently, and that threw the game to the Yanks for another victory. Unfortunately, Schilling may be back now for game 4 of the series. This will hopefully be another dramatic ALCS.

Houston and St. Louis play their first game tomorrow. I don't know much about either team. I just hope that whichever team wins puts up at least a decent fight to the two spectacular AL teams, though preferably the Yankees.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-12-04 10:43:39 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

All signs point to another classic ALCS. The Sox didn't deserve to win this game, and just the fact that it was close must scare Yankee Fans. We got BITCHSLAPPED the first 7 innings.

I would like to see St. Louis in it, just because they have no pitching.

PS. GO BURN IN HELL YOU GODLESS COCKSUCKING FAGGOT JETER-SUCKER...<3
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 2 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-12-04 11:23:10 PM)

I'm glad the Sox lost tonight. My roommate is a Boston fan, I hope they lose the series. Nothing against the Sox, I just can't stand my roommate's rampant idiocy about sports.

Off-topic, every time the Redskins lose a game (NFL) I rejoice and laugh ridiculously inside. Yet another team that my roommate has to pay excessive attention to, and ever time they lose I have the glory of watching a small piece of him die.

Keep losing, Sox and Redskins, for the love of whoever's god, keep losing.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-George Santayana
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 3 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 10:26:32 AM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
I'm glad the Sox lost tonight. My roommate is a Boston fan, I hope they lose the series. Nothing against the Sox, I just can't stand my roommate's rampant idiocy about sports.

Off-topic, every time the Redskins lose a game (NFL) I rejoice and laugh ridiculously inside. Yet another team that my roommate has to pay excessive attention to, and ever time they lose I have the glory of watching a small piece of him die.

How exactly does a person end up a Red Sox and Redskins fan? Around here the Patriots are kicking serious ass, so we have nothing to complain about.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 4 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 10:56:17 AM)

The two national league teams are better balanced than either of the two AL teams...better pitching (especially with pedro on tilt and schilling hurting), better hitting (i'd throw either lineup vs. the yanks any day) and infinitely better defense. The Astros are pretty widely considered the favorite at this point, which makes me considerably happy. I've waited 25 years for them to finally win a post-season series.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 5 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 11:21:46 AM)

I'm calling the Yankees as World Series Champs (again, because really I stopped caring about baseball after The Big Strike That Fucked The Jays' Shot At 3peat.

(in before "it was the Expos' year!")
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 02:17:46 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:

Agreed.
I'm anti-Sox mostly to be a bitter wench ot most of my friends, who are all Red Sox fans. I don't understand why, since most of them are either from Virginia or New Jersey, and both are closer to New York than Boston. It made me laugh a lot to see the faces of my hallmates when I broke the news that the Yankees had won the first game.
<HPenguin> Canadian Mafia are called the Peace Corps

It's true, in New Jersey only the strong lunged survive -Dimi

Smile like you mean it.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 7 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 03:44:04 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
The two national league teams are better balanced than either of the two AL teams...better pitching (especially with pedro on tilt and schilling hurting), better hitting (i'd throw either lineup vs. the yanks any day) and infinitely better defense.
I would take an injured Curt Shilling and Pedro on an bad day over Chris Carpenter and Jeff Suppan.

Houston is looking good, and I would love to see a matchup of Clemens vs the Sox.

The Red Sox have had the best defence in the AL since the Nomar trade in July, so I don't understand where you're coming from on that. We have three Gold Glovers in our infield, and we are rock solid up the middle.
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Reply 8 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 10:29:07 PM)

3-1 leads to another Yankees win, putting them up 2-0 in the series. Martinez and Schilling were both sent packing by the Yankees -- this may not be such a close ALCS after all, though I'd like some excitement.

Also, St Louis beat the Astros 10-7.
This reply was last edited on 10-13-04 10:41:14 PM by Wanderlust.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 9 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-13-04 10:31:05 PM)

My hallmate hates me now because I was happy when the Yankees won. Oh well. There's always next year.

Smile like you mean it.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 10 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-16-04 11:22:21 PM)

Boston got creamed tonight, 19-8. I think they might be saying farewell to their shot at the World Series very soon.

Smile like you mean it.
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Reply 11 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 09:28:33 AM)

Last night's game was one of the worst I have ever seen. Pitching and fielding on both sides was pretty terrible, and it dragged on for hours. Disappointing.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 12 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 09:43:48 AM)

baseball?
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will resume in 6 months)
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 12:11:56 PM)

Quote:
I think they might be saying farewell to their shot at the World Series very soon.

I think that you know nothing about baseball and should refrain from commenting in the future.
You pick up this working girl who's hooked on smack, who hustles and scores, that's all I do she says, she says 10 bucks for head, 15 for half and half, she says, 3 hits a day at 35 per. You say thats 7 tricks a day at least but she says, sometimes I get lucky, once this guy gives me a bill and a half just to eat me, only time I ever came. You figure you can save her, you sell your color TV that keeps her off the streets a whole day, you hawk your typewrighter for one jolt, then your shotgun, your watch, a week later you say listen I'm a little short, but she says no scratch, no snatch. You say look, it is better to give, but she says, be gone - creep. One night they spot you on the street in your skivvies, tryin to sell your shoes. You tell them who you are but they nail you, then she happens by and she says, Christ you look fucked, she says, hang tough. But you don't say anything.

You just think what a bum wrap for a nice sensitive guy like me.
johnny
citizens of tttland

Ballkicks: (+34 / -12)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 14 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 12:25:51 PM)

Quoted from asthetik:
Quote:
I think they might be saying farewell to their shot at the World Series very soon.

I think that you know nothing about baseball and should refrain from commenting in the future.

boston has lost the first three games of their best-of-seven series; you don't need to know anything about baseball to realize that their playoff run is probably over.
asthetik

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Reply 15 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 01:16:54 PM)

Thank you, lord dumbshit obviousface.

We'll talk about baseball again in 5 months.
You pick up this working girl who's hooked on smack, who hustles and scores, that's all I do she says, she says 10 bucks for head, 15 for half and half, she says, 3 hits a day at 35 per. You say thats 7 tricks a day at least but she says, sometimes I get lucky, once this guy gives me a bill and a half just to eat me, only time I ever came. You figure you can save her, you sell your color TV that keeps her off the streets a whole day, you hawk your typewrighter for one jolt, then your shotgun, your watch, a week later you say listen I'm a little short, but she says no scratch, no snatch. You say look, it is better to give, but she says, be gone - creep. One night they spot you on the street in your skivvies, tryin to sell your shoes. You tell them who you are but they nail you, then she happens by and she says, Christ you look fucked, she says, hang tough. But you don't say anything.

Psychotic Astronaut
Background Forummers

Complete fucking idiot. ^______________^

Ballkicks: (+42 / -94)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 16 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 01:17:56 PM)

I'm not into baseball, but I did find all that "Whose your daddy Pedro?" stuff rather amusing. Though it would be extremely difficult to play with an entire stadium mockin you all at the same time.
This is my signature

"An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex." ~Au
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 17 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 02:44:42 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:
baseball?

dont fucking spam, salamando.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

Frightening social changes continued! And then the religious right began a righteous backlash! First they accused gays and lesbians of being promiscuous! And when this failed, they began accusing them of having long-term committed monogamous relationships and wanting to get married!
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 18 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-18-04 11:42:15 AM)

WHY GOD WHY?!!

Being a Red Sox fan is like being the prison-bitch of fate.
"I'm going to be real positive, while I keep my foot on John Kerry's throat." - George W.
Asiagirl
HTML ROCKS

Also I am a dude's smurf
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+1 / -9)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 19 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-18-04 12:50:12 PM)

I live in Boston near Fenway Park but I still hope the Yankees win. There's too much traffic at Fenway even now never mind a fucking world series.
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Reply 20 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-19-04 08:49:42 PM)

4-0 Sox at the top of the 6th, game 6.

I'm really starting to hope that some Yankee hits a line drive directly at Schilling's ankle.
asthetik

Reply 21 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-19-04 09:06:33 PM)

The Yankees will lose this game and game 7.

No doubt about it.

Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Reply 22 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-19-04 11:01:37 PM)

Aw, fuck.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 23 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-20-04 06:36:25 PM)

i'm a serial-killer :)
"I'm going to be real positive, while I keep my foot on John Kerry's throat." - George W.
Boo
shut up fags
Just as shitty as the original

Ballkicks: (+10 / -15)
Reg. Date: Jul 2005
Reply 24 of 72 (Originally posted on: 10-20-04 07:26:06 PM)

Yanks down 2-0 end of top of 1st
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5724 | Total Posts: 72 ]