Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Team America! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2625 | Total Posts: 23 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 10-09-04 05:54:04 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

A south park-ish political comedy with puppets! Ok, I was never big on the whole South Park thing and Matt Stone and Trey Parker don't really strike me as quality film makers...but the South Park movie was fucking funny, and if America needs anything right now it's a Puppet movie, like the comedy skits I used to watch on TV when I was 10, that makes fun of our current situation. What do you think about the trailers of this movie? What I've seen so far are plenty of rediculous trailers and a major endorsement by Phil Hendrie. I know Hendrie doesn't have a big following on this forum but I consider him a comedic radio genius and if he endorses it, there must be SOMETHING to it. So far it looks great!

PS: I think Hendrie is involved in the voice work.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 07:53:50 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'll probably go see it next week, though tonight is a special screening or something. It should be very funny, though I've heard they had some problems with the mpaa.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 2 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 08:30:23 AM)

Apperantly there was a puppet-blow-job scene and the MPAA wanted to make it NC-17 becuse of it. Some say that it's just a cover for the fact that it makes fun of the Administration, and that's illegal; like when they tried to make Farenheit 9/11 rated R.

EDIT: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/eo/20041008/109728240000.html
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 3 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 12:16:52 PM)

hmm.....from what i have seen in the trailer, it just seems to onesided for me, by that i mean, 100% pro america "let's make fun of arabs"......which i have seen enough of in flash games after 9/11
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 4 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 01:10:56 PM)

Surt, it's making fun of the main characters, that's the whole idea. It's called satire.
www.cincinnati.kicks-ass.net/nimo
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 5 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 01:22:40 PM)

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are the gods of satire. All of the newer South Park episodes are brilliant reflections of the idiocy of society. Ex: the ladder to heaven episode.

Because of their genius, and the marionettes, I really want to see this movie.
You're skin and bones; I'm a nervous wreck.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 6 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 03:29:37 PM)

Quoted from nimo:
Surt, it's making fun of the main characters, that's the whole idea. It's called satire.

I know what satire is, the trailer just gave me an image that the making fun was solely directed at the "enemies of the us", a one sided show.........but i'll watch it anyways, and i think i just got the wrong impression, i sure hope that, cause i love south park.....
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reply 7 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 05:45:16 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
Quoted from nimo:

I know what satire is, the trailer just gave me an image that the making fun was solely directed at the "enemies of the us", a one sided show.........but i'll watch it anyways, and i think i just got the wrong impression, i sure hope that, cause i love south park.....

Yeah, don't worry, it's definitely not a "yay for America" kind of movie.
www.cincinnati.kicks-ass.net/nimo
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 8 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 06:04:29 PM)

Quoted from nimo:
Quoted from Surt:
Quoted from nimo:

Yeah, don't worry, it's definitely not a "yay for America" kind of movie.

In fact I think it was made to be the antithesis of that.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 9 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-04 08:38:28 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
Quoted from nimo:

I think it's smarter to plug an American movie that way to draw in a bigger crowd, but really we know these guys better than that. They were never Anti-America like you, but they they were never pro anything but controversial humor. I'm sure there will be plenty of jokes slamming republican and democrats alike.

Remember that these guys are responsible for the short lived sit-com about George Bush. So as much as I'm sure America will OMG TRIUMPH OVER DA EVIL by the end of the movie, it'll do so in a south park like puppet world where everyone is taking shots.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 10 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-10-04 12:12:51 AM)

i saw the sneak preview today at my theater, they had one showing at 7:25 it was complete luck that i happened to check the listings for that day

in terms of the movie it was pretty damn funny, a lot of the voices are straight out of south park, they focus a lot on the actual puppet movements for humor, works pretty well if you ask me the plot was meh but whatever you cant expect matt stone and trey parker to do any better than what they did the voice of kim jhon il is fucking lol

thats about it

as for american political statements they focused on the hatred of anti war celebreties and america having no regaurd for the damage they cause

3 types of people dicks, pussies, and assholes lol'd

PS michael moore is a terrorist
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will resume in 6 months)
johnhawks

ill pay someone a dollar to punch me in the face !!

Ballkicks: (+27 / -44)
Reg. Date: Sep 2004
Reply 11 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-10-04 11:49:37 PM)

I saw it last night as well at 7:45. (O_o, where do you live Sal?) I laughed all the way through. I'm don't feel like writing about it right now, but go see it if you remotely like South Park or humour of anykind. big grin
*sigh* Nevermind...
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 12 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-11-04 05:53:40 PM)

I will probably go see it just because I love South Park and Baseketball, even though the commerical seems really unfunny.
Wanderlust
Background Forummers

"lad's new rut"

Ballkicks: (+116 / -37)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 13 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-16-04 04:52:14 PM)

Just got back from this movie. It's extraordinary crude -- makes the South Park movie look like Finding Nemo. But it's also very funny, smart, and keeps your attention pretty well.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reply 14 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-16-04 10:23:35 PM)

I thought the movie was hilarious and really smart in some areas. I definately reccommend it.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 15 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-16-04 10:38:26 PM)

Can someone please transcribe the pussy, dick, and asshole speech at the very end? I thought that was one of the best moments of the entire movie. Bested only by the  marionette sex scene. 
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 16 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 11:36:20 AM)

I enjoyed the  Panther scene a lot as well, along with Hans Blix's visit. 
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 17 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-17-04 12:08:11 PM)

I saw it last night, and I didn't like it that much. I expected to see a really funny movie, but it was the same kind of stuff, just with puppets. Visually the movie was great, and well done. The Sean Penn puppet was funny as hell.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 18 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-18-04 06:53:42 PM)

We're dicks. We're reckless arrogant stupid dicks. And the film actor's guild are pussies. And kim jong il is an asshole.

Pussies don't like dicks because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes who just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick...with some balls.

The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate and it takes a pussy to show them that.

But sometimes pussies get so full of shit they become assholes themselves because pussies are only an inch an a half away from assholes.

I don't know much in this crazy crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole, we are gonna have our dicks and our pussies all covered in shit.
Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reply 19 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-18-04 11:31:46 PM)

I saw the first few minutes of the movie, and now I'm desperate to see the rest. I could not stop laughing at the part where the Team America member and the terrorist throw down their guns and start fighting.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 20 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-19-04 02:01:26 AM)

Quoted from Ebert:
I wasn't offended by the movie's content so much as by its nihilism. At a time when the world is in crisis and the country faces an important election, the response of Parker, Stone and company is to sneer at both sides -- indeed, at anyone who takes the current world situation seriously. They may be right that some of us are puppets, but they're wrong that all of us are fools, and dead wrong that it doesn't matter.

This makes me want to see the movie more. I tend to like most movies he doesn't.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 21 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-19-04 11:34:52 AM)

I saw it last night.

It didn't really impress me that much, and was kind of mediocre in my opinion.
"I'm going to be real positive, while I keep my foot on John Kerry's throat." - George W.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 22 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-31-04 04:56:42 PM)

Sandamnit:
http://pussiesdicksandassholes.ytmnd.com/
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 23 of 23 (Originally posted on: 11-01-04 02:31:14 PM)

No, this is a transcript:

Quote:
Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. Assholes who just wanna shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick. With some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much, or fuck where it isn't appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show him that. But sometimes pussies get so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes.

LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2625 | Total Posts: 23 ]