Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Ok....badass Smokey time... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3259 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 09-27-04 04:14:15 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I was going to post this in Bitching Battleground...but I'm not really complaining so much as venting my plight. I already mentioned in the hurricane thread that my stove backfired during a power outage and my hand was burned pretty badly. I've never really been burned like this before and on the outside it doesn't look too bad. My hand is bright red and peeling a bit but on the whole it seems that time will heal it well enough, I'm not sure what a doctor could actually do in this case and since the storm they have bigger things to worry about.

The big problem is that without my homemade ice pack I am in too much pain to sleep, and the ice itself starts to hurt after too long so sleeping with in on is equally as impossible with it off. When it's off for too long my entire body starts to feel like its on fire and you know what happens when you put ice on yourself for too long. I left it off for a while because I had to get on the roof and take down a large branch of a tree...and the pain just shot through my body and gave me a massive headache, when I grab the pack and place the ice on my hand it's instant relife...but I'm so fucking tired from all this work and hurricane shit and I can't sleep. It wasn't that big a deal an hour ago but the pain seems to get worse over time and I'm considering actually seeing a doctor...but I won't do that until the cerfew is lifted...any of you have experience with bad burns? Because apparently this is worse than I thought.

I know some of you guys are hip to medical stuff and I've put some anti-biotic ointment on the hand but it really doesn't seem to be working...it's increasingly difficult to type here
This reply was last edited on 09-27-04 04:33:00 AM by Smokey.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 05:14:32 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Make your fridge backfire

Brad's Wintry Journal 2
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 05:16:21 AM)

Rub your feet viciously in the face of a virgin
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 05:25:20 AM)

One day I'll kill all of you.

I'm slowly starting to believe in God...because who else could have this much blatant contempt for me? Satan? After all I've done for him? No...no it's God.

PS: Swelling and blistering now...got gause and stuff. Planning a church date.
This reply was last edited on 09-27-04 05:38:17 AM by Smokey.
Kapn Xaos
OMG! OMG! LOOK its a Xaos group
Posting is now a bannable offence!

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+97 / -144)
Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 07:10:52 AM)

Use GOLDBOND medicated powder. And the iching burning sensation will go away fast...oh wait...it's your hand, isn't it? oh hole with water in it, NM.
Confuse and the world is full of wonder. Wonder and the world is confusing.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 07:47:35 AM)

tape a minifrige to your hand

use gaffa-tape
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 08:03:44 AM)

Eat a slice of fresh bread with butter and salami.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 08:09:17 AM)

Suck up your pride and go see the fucking Doctor.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 08:26:55 AM)

Quoted from Stormraider:
Suck up your pride and go see the fucking Doctor.

Your body could be reacting to the burn in a negative way. Bad burns don't only affect the external site of the burn itself.
I got the devil in me.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 09:11:04 AM)

Eh, no. The ointment/ice has made the pain go pretty much all the way away over the course of a few hours. I don't need to see a doctor...I was just a little worried as my body seemed to be going through shock.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 09:12:18 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Eh, no. The ointment/ice has made the pain go pretty much all the way away over the course of a few hours. I don't need to see a doctor...I was just a little worried as my body seemed to be going through shock.

OK then just suffer the pain and don't see a doctor. Your body doesn't go through shock for no reason. it's a response to a trauma. But if it has gone away and gets better throughout the course of the day, then just take a bunch of advil and rest up.
I got the devil in me.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 09:16:59 AM)

Yeah the fire's out, no point in going now even if I should have earlier...the fact that the pain is mostly gone tells me if I did go to the doctor, like I fucking said, I'd just be taking up the time of a doctor with bigger things to worry about...especially just after a hurricane.

PS: Burn of the week.
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Smokey2003/I met God.bmp
This reply was last edited on 09-27-04 09:52:03 AM by Smokey.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 10:16:09 AM)

Aloe Vera

I can't recommend this enough, it's the most soothing thing I've ever encountered when you have a burn.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 10:18:49 AM)

You may have some severe nerve damage, dude. Hand burns aren't anything to play with at all. You should still go see a doctor, even if the pain goes away, to make sure that you'll be able to feel anything on that hand after it heals.

P.S.: DO NOT BLAME GOD FOR YOUR POWER BEING A DOUCHE.

THAT IS ALL.

a signature is the new custom title this season. duh.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 10:49:09 AM)

Quoted from Skye:
You may have some severe nerve damage, dude. Hand burns aren't anything to play with at all. You should still go see a doctor, even if the pain goes away, to make sure that you'll be able to feel anything on that hand after it heals.

HEY STUPID FAT NIGGER BITCH THAT ISN'T PAYING ATTENTION! I'm fucking fine, if the hand showed any signs of getting worse I would have gone but I waited it out and it healed up nicely. I think I had good reason to not rush to a doctor immediately. I don't seek medical attention every time I get a boo-boo. I'd know if I had nerve damage by now, I don't. Shut up.

Pride has nothing to do with not going to the doctor, I've stated my reason so stop acting like I'm just playing mister tough guy. I honestly didn't feel like I needed imediate medical attention so I treated it the best I knew how and waited to see if it didn't get better. If it hadn't I would have gone to the doctor. As it is, he have given me some ointment and wrapped it up like I did and it would just be a waste of time.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 11:57:58 AM)

Until you get a third degree burn, you don't really know how impossibly shitty they are. I had a hole the size of a silver dollar burnt into my flesh, a centimeter and a half deep.At least all the nerves got destroyed, though, so you can't feel shit in the center of the burn...But even today there is no feeling in my right ankle. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:21:27 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Quoted from Skye:

HEY STUPID FAT NIGGER BITCH THAT ISN'T PAYING ATTENTION! I'm fucking fine, if the hand showed any signs of getting worse I would have gone but I waited it out and it healed up nicely. I think I had good reason to not rush to a doctor immediately. I don't seek medical attention every time I get a boo-boo. I'd know if I had nerve damage by now, I don't. Shut up.

Pride has nothing to do with not going to the doctor, I've stated my reason so stop acting like I'm just playing mister tough guy. I honestly didn't feel like I needed imediate medical attention so I treated it the best I knew how and waited to see if it didn't get better. If it hadn't I would have gone to the doctor. As it is, he have given me some ointment and wrapped it up like I did and it would just be a waste of time.

Nobody's acting like you're "mister tough guy." I'm sorry I forgot that living in New York and constantly portraying yourself as the internet badass with a sensitive side gives you medical authority. I read your bitching and your claim that it's better, but since you have a fuckload of nerves in your hand and burning it could cause permanent damage, I said it would still be best if you went to a doctor and made sure that nothing would be messed up. And if it were a fucking "boo-boo" you wouldn't have been without a night of sleep crying like a bitch about how bad it was to deal with and treat.

I mean, you're acting like I said you had to listen to me, and I didn't, just like I don't have to believe you about your hand being miraculously cured because you slapped some ice on it. Grow the fuck up.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:25:24 PM)

Doesn't Smokey live in Florida? Hence the Hurricane damage and all?
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:34:35 PM)

I think maybe he lived in New York at one point. I'm not sure.

I think that he and Skye are secretly in love and visit each other on the weekends.
Governor Pataki on Kerry-
"This is a candidate who has to Google his own name to see where he stands."
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:41:04 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
I think that he and Skye are secretly in love and visit each other on the weekends.

Well, if I weren't sick already...
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:43:11 PM)

Quoted from Skye:
Quoted from Chimp:

Well, if I weren't sick already...

Then you and he would be having a torrid love affair? We know.
Governor Pataki on Kerry-
"This is a candidate who has to Google his own name to see where he stands."
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:50:29 PM)

What up, burn buddy?
Fill the sink with cold water and just let your hand rest in it. Don't pop the blisters.
Silver sulfadiazine works best on burns, but that has to be prescribed so in its place aloe vera works well. Wrap it with gauze but reapply the aloe vera every few hours so that the burn doesn't heat up more. If it starts to hurt again or if you burn it again go to the ER.
Asthetik's musictalk bitch, serving the world of progressive house 24/7.

<HPenguin> Canadian Mafia are called the Peace Corps

It's true, in New Jersey only the strong lunged survive -Dimi

Proud recipient of the Crown of Coronets of the Southern Hemisphere.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 03:35:57 PM)

Quote:
I already mentioned in the hurricane thread that my stove backfired during a power outage and my hand was burned pretty badly.

Haha, no, seriously, I laughed.
You pick up this working girl who's hooked on smack, who hustles and scores, that's all I do she says, she says 10 bucks for head, 15 for half and half, she says, 3 hits a day at 35 per. You say thats 7 tricks a day at least but she says, sometimes I get lucky, once this guy gives me a bill and a half just to eat me, only time I ever came. You figure you can save her, you sell your color TV that keeps her off the streets a whole day, you hawk your typewrighter for one jolt, then your shotgun, your watch, a week later you say listen I'm a little short, but she says no scratch, no snatch. You say look, it is better to give, but she says, be gone - creep. One night they spot you on the street in your skivvies, tryin to sell your shoes. You tell them who you are but they nail you, then she happens by and she says, Christ you look fucked, she says, hang tough. But you don't say anything.

You just think what a bum wrap for a nice sensitive guy like me.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 11:48:40 PM)

Quoted from Dante:
I had a hole the size of a silver dollar burnt into my flesh, a centimeter and a half deep.

And this, children, is why heating up silver dollars until they're red-hot and then throwing them at your friends might *sound* like a good idea at the time, but in practice is not.

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Make your fridge backfire

The thread could have ended here.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 11:59:31 PM)

pix plz
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3259 | Total Posts: 53 ]