Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Sims 2 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 7426 | Total Posts: 60 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 09-26-04 07:08:17 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So, have any of you tried it yet? im thinking of buying it (go figure) if my computer can play it. i already think it looks great, and seems great, but id like to hear first hand accounts.

i realize there is the pre-release thread, but i honestly didnt see it when i skimmed the first page, and i want this to be reviews/discussions. the old one was pre-release and im grabbing at straws now that i realize i screwed up and made a thread while the old one was still around big grin
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

"I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO POST MY PICTURES, AS OPPOSSED TO ONES ON THE INTERNET"
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 07:15:23 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The game is awesome. My male sim is on the top of the athlelic career and just won 40000 on a chance card coal and he's fucking the cleaning lady, Mary Sue, Nina Caliente and his wife, which I created. His wife is fucking Nina too, and working on getting the maid into bed. Amazingly, I managed to avoid killing any sims so far.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 2 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 01:44:55 PM)

I wasn't terribly impressed with the first Sims, but this one is the only game I play on a regular basis now. It's worth the buy, definitely.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 3 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 03:25:47 PM)

On it's own, it's an incredibly fun game. There's a pretty large variety of things to do in it.

What I'm looking forward to is when the online community bucks-up and starts making all kinds of new skins and objects for us to play with.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 4 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 04:45:22 PM)

Quoted from British Agent:
On it's own, it's an incredibly fun game. There's a pretty large variety of things to do in it.

What I'm looking forward to is when the online community bucks-up and starts making all kinds of new skins and objects for us to play with.
Skins: http://www.simszone.de/sims2/downloads/

There aren't going to be as many objects as there were in the first though, because you need Maya to make objects for this one.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 07:53:36 PM)

I just bought the game and I'm already addicted. I've never played the first Sims game, but this one is so strangely addicting, I'm sucked into it. I'm playing as the Goths right now and trying to turn Alexander into Mr. Popularity, so far it's working. Cassandra's relationship is falling apart, and Mortimer is enjoying his retirement.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reply 6 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 08:37:42 PM)

The game is great, and I absolutely love the fact that you need Maya to make anything for the game. With luck, the people who actually give a fuck will be able to get the Personal Learning Edition and make them with that, and the people who don't won't bother so there won't be all of those shitty objects that were cut out of photographs and skewed put out there.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 7 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-26-04 09:06:42 PM)

Someone please explain Maya.
Governor Pataki on Kerry-
"This is a candidate who has to Google his own name to see where he stands."
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reply 8 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:39:05 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Someone please explain Maya.

Maya 5(?), an advanced graphics program.
Tonto_johnlee
U HAVE BEEN REDIRECTED TO THA LOGOUT SCRIPT ROFLOL

INTL resident asperger syndrome guy

Ballkicks: (+67 / -170)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 9 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 11:03:34 AM)

It's fucking awesome. That's all I can say. I was quite pissed off to find out that my Sim would become an elder in a month, but luckily there's an Elixir of Youth. The Aspiration Points rock. kekeke u give soj??? I haven't explored the game much yet, because:
1. It's a 900 mhz Pentium III. Need I say more?
2. Something's wrong with the fucking house builder. I can't lay down anything.
|\\/|1ch43|_ 84d|\\|4r!k 4 pr3Z 4 1iF3!!!!!11
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 10 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 11:23:59 AM)

I've got a CRAZY feeling someone should buy me a good computer so I can play this!
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 11 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 12:32:25 PM)

Quoted from Tonto_johnlee:

2. Something's wrong with the fucking house builder. I can't lay down anything.
no cd cracks are coal and never the reason for something that the beta testers couldn't have possibly tested

omg yah rite fag lol

PM me 

also the screen I'm using in my father's workplace right now is horribly scratched.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 12 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 12:34:38 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I just bought the game and I'm already addicted. I've never played the first Sims game, but this one is so strangely addicting, I'm sucked into it. I'm playing as the Goths right now and trying to turn Alexander into Mr. Popularity, so far it's working. Cassandra's relationship is falling apart, and Mortimer is enjoying his retirement.
UPDATE: My Sims suddenly got really horrible luck, I didn't do anything, purposely, to cause these, however, I probably caused some of this through inaction. Anyway...

Alexander failed his class and lost his two best friends. Cassandra finally went through with her marriage, but got ditched at the alter. Right before his daughter got ditched at the alter, Mortimer proposed to Nina (I think that's her name) and then died in the shower that same night.

After all that, I enclosed them all within bookcases and let them starve to death.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 13 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 12:35:59 PM)

I drowned in my own urine and stench once. That was sad. I'm trying my best not to get addicted, so I haven't been playing it much lately.
Governor Pataki on Kerry-
"This is a candidate who has to Google his own name to see where he stands."
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 01:45:36 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from Sandamnit:
UPDATE: My Sims suddenly got really horrible luck, I didn't do anything, purposely, to cause these, however, I probably caused some of this through inaction. Anyway...

Alexander failed his class and lost his two best friends. Cassandra finally went through with her marriage, but got ditched at the alter. Right before his daughter got ditched at the alter, Mortimer proposed to Nina (I think that's her name) and then died in the shower that same night.

After all that, I enclosed them all within bookcases and let them starve to death.

a. i hope i die in the shower. that's invariably the best part of my day.

b. why didn't they make it so that if one sim starves to death, the other two eat it?

my sim fell in love with nina, and got married. then i found out the secret, ugly slutty truth about nina. her fantasy was to make out with three different sims. she died in a tragic microwave fire the next night, and her ashes were spread around the computer room, right next to the desk.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 15 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 02:19:17 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from Sandamnit:

a. i hope i die in the shower. that's invariably the best part of my day.

b. why didn't they make it so that if one sim starves to death, the other two eat it?

my sim fell in love with nina, and got married. then i found out the secret, ugly slutty truth about nina. her fantasy was to make out with three different sims. she died in a tragic microwave fire the next night, and her ashes were spread around the computer room, right next to the desk.
Actually, all romance sims are whores.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 16 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 06:10:00 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from Sandamnit:

this game does sound fucking awsome, though. i should run off to target and buy it, but thats like... outside.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"

"I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO POST MY PICTURES, AS OPPOSSED TO ONES ON THE INTERNET"
lizardbreath

WARNING: Using acid (LSD) during pregnancy will result in mental giants such as myself!

Ballkicks: (+146 / -15)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 17 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 07:33:47 PM)

I just bought it a couple hours ago, except I bought the DVD edition. Which was extremely stupid, as I don't even have a DVD drive on my computer. I'll tell you how it is after I exchange it.

I'm so brilliant sometimes. I was really excited about playing it as soon as I got home too.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 18 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-27-04 07:40:07 PM)

I have a fever and stayed home sick today; so I just spent the last few hours making a near-exact replica of my house in Pleasantview. It's so pretty.

It depresses me that my Sim-self gets more action than I do though.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
lizardbreath

WARNING: Using acid (LSD) during pregnancy will result in mental giants such as myself!

Ballkicks: (+146 / -15)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 19 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 12:01:23 AM)

It was totally worth making my mom mad by getting her to take me back to the store.

I started making my family, but it took too long and I got impatient. It was taking me over 10 minutes to make one person...I wanted it to be perfect. So I started playing the Monty family (Romeo's).

The mom and dad spent a day in their underwear. That day, a headmaster from a private school came over, and the mom talked him into letting Romeo and Mercutio into his school. The whole time the headmaster was there, the mom wanted to WooHoo with the dad. It was funny. Then the dad died for some reason. I have no idea why, but there were about 3 girls hula dancing in front of him when it happened.

I wish I'd gotten this a different day. I can't stay home and play it tomorrow, and by the time I get home, my brother will be on the computer. Oh well.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 20 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 06:57:59 AM)

I'm home sick today and really, really want to go out and buy this game to play. But it costs 50 bucks that I really can't spare right now, because I don't have a job. Oh, what a conundrum!

(Oh yeah, what is this DVD edition all about? I don't really know what it is, can someone explain it?)
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 21 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 07:08:43 AM)

Quoted from Lyle:
(Oh yeah, what is this DVD edition all about? I don't really know what it is, can someone explain it?)
It's a DVD, instead of 4 CDs, nothing all that special.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 22 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 11:54:07 AM)

I've been playing for a few days, so far it's great. It's much more addictive than the first one, without most of the least realistic stuff that the different expansion packs introduced (well, this will probably change with the new expansion packs that I'm sure they'll make).

My sister and I started playing around with the Sim generator and all of sudden I was playing with Jamiroquai. He's married to Nina because she was the first slut to approach him. Last time I played they were having sex, but not going for a baby because, despite the fact that Jamiroquai is getting old (and thus he has no time to waste if he wants to pass his DNA to a next generation), having a baby frightens Nina because she's such a whore.
-Ne con ic noht singan
-Hwre u meaht singan
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 23 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 12:09:39 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
I've been playing for a few days, so far it's great. It's much more addictive than the first one, without most of the least realistic stuff that the different expansion packs introduced (well, this will probably change with the new expansion packs that I'm sure they'll make).

My sister and I started playing around with the Sim generator and all of sudden I was playing with Jamiroquai. He's married to Nina because she was the first slut to approach him. Last time I played they were having sex, but not going for a baby because, despite the fact that Jamiroquai is getting old (and thus he has no time to waste if he wants to pass his DNA to a next generation), having a baby frightens Nina because she's such a whore.
If Jamiroquai is getting old, you should get him to drink the elixir of life.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 24 of 60 (Originally posted on: 09-28-04 12:17:14 PM)

I don't want my sims to live forever, you know. Precisely, this aging (and dying) thing is what I always thought the first Sims needed.
-Ne con ic noht singan
-Hwre u meaht singan
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7426 | Total Posts: 60 ]