Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Post your Dorm Room (56k going to community college) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3738 | Total Posts: 58 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 09-18-04 11:43:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yeah, so, here's my dorm room:

From the door:

Looking at the door:

My Desk:

Point of interest: Because of the high volume of incoming freshmen, my college has converted several rooms to "plus one" status. However, it appears that "plus one" actually stands for "get shafted", because what that means is that I am living in a double that has been converted to a TRIPLE, and, let me tell you, it fucking blows.
my mouth is open, so you can stuff the bright red roses in
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-18-04 11:51:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My dorm room doesn't have as good of lighting, since half of the view out my window is a concrete wall, and these pictures are from a camcorder. And they were taken at night. But-

East wall. Looking at my computer / desk. Hamster cage is on there.

North wall. Various posters.

South wall. Door / drawers.

West wall. TV, Xbox Live, fan because it's 9999 fucking degrees where I live, fridge/microwave, comfy camping chair.

That's my hamster. Maximus is his name.

Edit:

DVD / Xbox / Gamecube collection

Alternate view. This computer tower center thing is extremely versatile, and was only $40 at OfficeMax about a month ago.
This reply was last edited on 09-19-04 12:14:25 AM by Fisher.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 2 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 12:04:19 AM)

My entertainment center. Just a television, two DVD players, a PlayStation2, Super Nintendo, and the 5.1 Dolby speaker system that came with my DVD player. The TV is 27".

My computer. Yes, I have a Compaq Presario case, but I've pretty much removed everything that came with it originally.

My bed. No, I have no clue what the fuck that brown spot is on the wall. It was there when I got here.

My sink area, which is a mess right now.

The contents of my fridge.

My DVD and CD case collection.

There you have it, folks: wonderful army barracks.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 3 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 12:09:44 AM)

The brown spot on your wall is Korean elbow grease from dirty Korean whores who have had sex there and been on top.
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 4 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 01:47:25 AM)

I'll have some on tuesday or wednesday when I move in.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 5 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 12:06:18 PM)

Quoted from Fisher:
The brown spot on your wall is Korean elbow grease from dirty Korean whores who have had sex there and been on top.

That's not the barracks room from Korea. That's his new room at Fort Hood, Texas. So, naturally, that's dirty mexican sweat from the mexicans that were having dirty anal hispanic sex in his room when the building was being built.

I'll post my room in a bit.

Jeff, you bought another copy of American History X? Didn't that get returned to you in Korea or did Pressley wind up keeping it?
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-George Santayana
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 6 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 12:28:34 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
Jeff, you bought another copy of American History X? Didn't that get returned to you in Korea or did Pressley wind up keeping it?
No, I didn't buy another copy, I just acquired another case, somehow.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 7 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 12:29:16 PM)

Same thing.

I'm so glad I have a single occupancy room. I share a bathroom with my room mate, and his dorr is right next to mine as you walk in the room. We also both have walk in closets.

I love privacy.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 8 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 04:11:08 PM)

Fun stuff. I live in a one-bedroom basement apartment, so here it is in excruciating detail.

This is a lopsided view of my kitchen as seen from my desk. Note the panda bear calendar (cuddlez).

This is my bed, notice how it is up against the refrigerator. :/ I have nice wood wall panelling and a built in bookshelf though. Unfortunately my book shelf is not really big enough, so I have boxes of books back home.

Stacks of books, CDs, and DVDs, and my little fan.

My white plastic drawer thing, adorned with all my textbooks and binders and some magazines. That's my first front door next to it.

The front door (note the Powerpuff sticker, Buttercup has attitude!) leads to a stairwell that goes up into the street. That purple thing is a feminist manifesto I got at some poster sale. You can kind of see my Buffy the Vampire Slayer poster in the stairwell in the background.

This is looking into my dresser mirror back into my apartment. Gives you an idea of how small ("cozy") it is.

Pulling back some, this is my dresser and desk again. You can see me in the mirror reflection, and if you are really paying attention from the last picture you can tell that these were taken on different days. Behind the mirror is my one window.

Proof of the existence of aforementioned window, and all my pretentious wine bottles that sit on the sill.

Tha laptop, as sitting on my desk. 'Tis a Dell. :/

The rest of my desk. Note the picture of The Most Beautiful Doggie In The Entire World, and the paper that I should be working on instead of this post. Those aren't two clocks, one is a clock and one is a caller ID box. You can also see my class schedule, and some of one of my tack boards.

My walk-in closet. The black thing is Daniel's fridge that he refuses to take home. The door is the door to the bathroom. You can see a reflection of my PowerPuff book-bag-thingy Dan gave me and my blue & red pom poms in the mirror on the bathroom door.

Looking into the bathroom at the sink and bathtub. That cord in the bathtub is my shower head, it's a detachable dealie. Very fun. Pink and white flamingo shower curtain, I need a new one though because that one is pretty crappy.

The tank of my toilet is yellow, while the rest of the bathroom is white. It makes me *sigh*

Back in the main room, we have my...uh...entertainment centre. TV, DVD player and VCR, along with VHS tapes, all precariously situated on a stand that I found in someone's backyard and spraypainted silver. Yet another white plastic drawer thing, this one with my printer/scanner/copier/fax on it.

My fridge. Pics of me, and my inspiration Lokelani McMichael, along with lots of magnets. That one that says "Vanilla" is stolen from an ice cream place.

Inside the fridge. Fruit punch, a Brita filter, a half-empty bottle of diet coke, a nearly full quart of vodka, and some orange juice. (*nods in the direction of drahnier*)

And that was a comprehensive tour of my dwelling.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 9 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 04:20:26 PM)

Kayte you're like a little hobbit in that hobbit hole MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 10 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 06:23:00 PM)

Did you just say hobbit?

I can't post pictures until I move in, cpl more months.
Ok, that's good to know...

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"

<andy> moo spelled backwards is moo
<andy> no wait

kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 11 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 06:26:41 PM)

Quoted from Fisher:
Kayte you're like a little hobbit in that hobbit hole MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

What's sad is that my apartment is actually commonly known around town/on campus as the Hobbit Hole. *sigh*

However, it's really about the same size or a little bigger as/than your average dorm room, plus my own full-size bath and functional kitchen, so I really do love it. Plus it's just me and I don't need gobs of space.

(Also I get an automatic pass from ever having to have (and thus clean up after) raucous parties) big grin
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 12 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 06:30:14 PM)

I don't have a dorm room to post pictures of, so I'll post pictures of my bedroom instead.

From the door looking into the room:

Opposite corner:

From on top my bed!

This is where the magic happens, fellas.

Behind the bookcases. I should really get some good movie posters, except all the ones on my walls were free from work and I'm poor, so I take what I can get.

Clothes on the floor + cat, both of which are always permanent fixtures in my room.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 13 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 07:43:58 PM)

I would take your ROTK and 28 Days Later posters any day of the week over most everything.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 14 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 09:15:22 PM)

Eh, well, those two I like. Really I was only talking about the Cold Mountain/PoTC/Girl With a Pearl Earring posters. They're good movies, but not really good enough to merit a poster for.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-19-04 09:32:16 PM)

DVD rack + some of my bookshelf:

My entertainment center. Xbox, N64, Dreamcast, and Playstation:

My PC:

Some cool, original USSR pins I bought at the street fair in my town today(only 5 bucks!):
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 16 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 03:00:04 AM)

cool, i just cleaned my room this weekend. plus i'm really excited to be living in a single this year. my roomates have been nice, but i haven't had my own room since i was in 5th grade, this is like heaven.

taking a picture of each corner seemed easiest:

the door, chair and sink.

my bed and closet and more sink.

desk, dresser, and essential electronics.

more bed, my radio, the heater.
bother

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+108 / -25)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 17 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 04:40:05 AM)

ice, your room is completely horrible. i'm sure you know this already. it looks like a spare room or walk-in cupboard or something.

i still find it really odd that so many americans share rooms at college and find it perfectly acceptable. i would never share a room with anyone. not that i'm spoilt or anything. wait, i'm actually not: i shared a room with my brother for most of my life, and, now that i'm an adult, i don't want to do anything like that again.

anyway, i don't move into college for another two weeks, and i don't have a camera to take any pictures of my new room, so... my contibution to this post will be limited strictly to annoying whinging.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 18 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 08:37:42 AM)

Quoted from PopRocks:
cool, i just cleaned my room this weekend. plus i'm really excited to be living in a single this year. my roomates have been nice, but i haven't had my own room since i was in 5th grade, this is like heaven.

taking a picture of each corner seemed easiest:

the door, chair and sink.

my bed and closet and more sink.

desk, dresser, and essential electronics.

more bed, my radio, the heater.

Your room is super cute. i love your sink area!!!
I got the devil in me.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 19 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 08:40:32 AM)

My closet (empty because I am doing laundry)

Under my bed (Fridge, Microwave, Reciever, a pair of 12 inch subs, extra controllers)

Dresser, PS2, Xbox, DVD player, TV

My scarves and backpack

My new tower and old ass gigantic kickass monitor

Discman, DVD collection, 2 digital cameras, 1 webcam, my Tetsuo action figure

"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."

"We all have the same thing. One lifetime.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 20 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 01:59:02 PM)

Greenidentity, I don't particularly like your room (no offense, I don't really like anyone's room so far), but that sink thing you have is absolutely the coolest thing ever.
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 21 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 02:04:12 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Greenidentity, I don't particularly like your room (no offense, I don't really like anyone's room so far), but that sink thing you have is absolutely the coolest thing ever.

PopRocks.
http://clevernothing.org
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 22 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 02:10:00 PM)

Quoted from bother:
i don't move into college for another two weeks, and i don't have a camera to take any pictures of my new room, so... my contibution to this post will be limited strictly to annoying whinging.
What college are you going to?
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 23 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 03:14:39 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
yeah dude, that's my room. but yeah, the sink is awesome, the dorm was built in the 20s or 30s so it's got all this cool old stuff like that.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 58 (Originally posted on: 09-20-04 03:39:55 PM)

I was actually coming to this thread to fix that cause I just realized what I did....but too late I guess.
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3738 | Total Posts: 58 ]