Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > My first day of highschool > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1957 | Total Posts: 40 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 09-05-02 02:45:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, as many of you know, I'm 14, and today I had my first day of Highschool. I wasn't really nervous or anything, because school is usually pretty damn easy. I walk in the building, and immediatly hear a senior shouting for his friend all the way down the hall.."HEY SHITHEAD COME HERE MAN!". I head downstairs to my locker, and me, being the retard I am, lost my locker number and combo. Instead of heading to the main office, or to homeroom, I decide to guess a COMBO based on only the first number, and guess the locker number. Not as hard as I thought it would be, and I find my locker in about 10 trys, dump my stuff in there, and head up to homeroom. I arrive at homeroom early for some strange reason, and decide to plop myself in front of the door and watch the hot chicks go by. Now, when I got dressed this morning, I remembered not to wear my wallet
chain, because apparently it's a threat to safety or some dumb capitalist bullcrap. I must have seen 20 or so wallet chains in 5 minutes. Apparently rules mean jack shit, so I'm wearing my wallet chain to school tomorrow. But back to homeroom, she gives us the speach, we leave. I arrive at "freshman writing seminar" apparently a manditory class for all freshman. I look around for a few minutes and find room 110. I notice that after about 2-3 minutes, the room is filled with 8 guys, mostly resource+ghetto kids. So I say to myself...wtf? I look at the room number..110, and I look at my schedule. 112. Wrong class. Cya retards. I get up, leave, and go to 112. This room is better, it's got computers and windows. Oooh Ahh, the luxurys of being a normal learner. I sit through the teachers speach about how writing is such an important part of life, and this course is going to sharpen our pencils for the paper pad of life. She seems extremely easy going, so she won't be a problem.
On to art class. Mr. ARTTEACHER apparently studders. Often. It took him 10 minutes to go through a 5 line speech about art class and how important it is to colleges that your an art student.The rest of that class consisted of him yapping on and on about respecting the tools of art and useless crap that we've heard from every art teacher. I go to science, my "double period" class, (meaning: I go for 53 minutes, go out for 5, and come back for another 53), I arrive on time, but theirs only one seat left, next to some retard who I'd like to leave this country. I sit down, and the teacher arrives. The first 53 minutes of my 106 with her consist of her telling us the rules and apologizing for going on and on. I go out for my 5 minute break between classes and come back after 5 and 1/2 minutes. Ouch. I get the look from the teacher. Too bad. The next 53 minutes are her talking about her "unique" grading system...but after my deep investigation, hers are exactly like everyone elses. OMG!. Time for lunch, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I grab a hot pretzel, a can of yoohoo, and a cheeseburger. Now, our highschool is one of the few left in the country to practice "unit lunch", which basically means everyone eats at the same time, and everyone socializes with everyone. Your also allowed to sit wherever you want, with the restrictions of the two highest floors behind the auditorium. I notice all the little cliques that are already formed, the pimps, the abercrombies, the goths, the losers, etc. I decide to sit next to some goths in the hallway outside the cafeteria.
They all seem so much nicer than everyone else, why I have no idea. I eat my lunch, talk my chit-chat, and head to english. Now apparently this teacher is "OMG VERAY HARD EN STUPH". Nope. She just seems to be...not stupid. I sit through her not-as-boring-as-the-rest-of-the-classes class, and head to math. This teacher slaps something on my desk that involves IF ,AND, and THEN statements. With my small knowledge from programming, I fill out the sheet in a flash, I wait 40 minutes or so, and the bell rings. I head to my last class with the italian teacher, whos probably the cockiest man I've ever met. He blabs on and on for 53 minutes, and I head out of that class. I go to my locker, bringing the few people around me to chant "I am an army of one" for no reason what-so-ever. I grab my backpack, get on my bus, and go home. So ends my first day of highschool.
Everything that you could never say
Would never matter anyway
I took a hammer and two nails to my eardrums long ago
-Alkaline Trio
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 02:58:25 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

dude. enjoy high school.

it'll be one of the best times of your life.

also, don't take it too seriously.
Bobby Crosby
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 2 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:01:44 PM)

If you get pushed around, or made fun of, just hold out. Soon, the seniors will be out of there. And don't be surprised when seniors make your life hell. Just look forward to the day that you get to make life hell for the younger kids. LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Ballkicks: (+214 / -44)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:03:28 PM)

does anyone else think it's a bit ironic that this is the 666th topic posted on the forum? i remember high school...ugh. get out while you can.
omg, i'm so lolol.
chambraigne: shampoo for your hair AND your brain.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 4 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:23:27 PM)

I'm owner of post 666 in ID? FUCK YES!
Everything that you could never say
Would never matter anyway
I took a hammer and two nails to my eardrums long ago
-Alkaline Trio
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:27:35 PM)

Quoted from Wild Bill:
I'm owner of post 666 in ID?
No.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
old.jimmy
Too Dumb To Fuck

Ballkicks: (+214 / -44)
Reply 6 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:28:18 PM)

now that i consider it...didn't PR have the 666th thread? am i just not seeing the rest of them?
omg, i'm so lolol.
chambraigne: shampoo for your hair AND your brain.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 7 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:32:58 PM)

meh, high school is... high school.

it's pretty uneventful.
Once I walked a yellow brick road,
Now only to sit alone.
My yellow feild, turning brown,
I stand gauntly, staring to the east;
Hoping for a glimpse of the fair child.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 8 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 03:35:59 PM)

Quoted from jimmy:
now that i consider it...didn't PR have the 666th thread? am i just not seeing the rest of them?

Thread ID #666 - drahnier
Reply ID #666 - boutitben

[/hijack]
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 9 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:04:21 PM)

My first day of senior year.

Classes:

1st period - Math Analysis. Teacher - funny butch lady.
2nd period - AP European History. Teacher - excited bald guy.
3rd period - French 4(honors). Teacher - THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE.
4th period - Group Advisory II (college course or something) Teacher - funny Italian with a lisp.
5th period - Lunch
6th period - Psychology. Teacher - THE SECOND GREATEST MAN ALIVE WITH A HEARING PROBLEM
7th period - World Religions. Teacher - a funny guy that I'm cordial with.
8th period - English. Teacher - King of the Pirates
Zealotry from Rome to Mecca, millions more become infected - God cannot be mass projected, or beaten out through forced confession. It's for all of us to ponder, not for dogma's chain to hold us down. Wake up and put the past where it belongs - Dying Fetus
Good OL MC

Ballkicks: (+66 / -15)
Reply 10 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:21:47 PM)

Well as long as we're doing that...

Period 1 - Honors English 2. My favorite teacher, old lady with an attitude. Also only class I really have with friends (AC)
Period 2 - Lab Bio. Mostly freshmen in this class, damnit. Teacher is really cool though
Period 3 - Gym. Don't really know anyone there, but I'm quickly finding myself talking with a lot of the guys about music.
Period 4 - Lunch. Mostly freshmen again. I only have one friend in this perido and we're not even that close. And his friends are obnoxious. First chance I get I'm moving somewhere else.
Period 5/6 - Spanish 2. This sucks cause I can't speak a word of Spanish. My teacher is really ncie though, but this will suck either way. (AC)
Period 7/8 - Geomatry. Teacher seems cool, but I'll fail easily. (AC)
Period 9/10 - AP U.S. History 1. This will be a hard class with the amount of work, but the learnign shouldn't be very hard. Not my favorite period in history, but it will do. The teacher is strict, but overall a good guy.
Period 11 - Psychology. I am the only sophomore in the class *sad*. The teacher is a good guy though, I'll get to like him I'm sure.

EDIT: By "AC" I mean the room is air conditioned, which I see as a major plus.
Suck my dick until your lips fall off
Don't make me ask again please
Put it down your throat until it makes you cough
Nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese
Green Day

This reply was last edited on 09-05-02 04:32:41 PM by Good OL MC.
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 11 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:27:04 PM)

Dude, I don't get the whole thing that upperclassmen pick on lower class men. I never saw it my freshman year (last year). It just makes no sense.

Anywho, since we're sharing schedules:
1st hour: English 10 (with stupid bitch that always talks condescendingly)
2nd hour: Health (awesome health teacher, I love the class, and I've got a great seat...)
3rd hour: Math Analysis (har har har I be the sophmore in the senior class)
4th hour: Chemistry (stupid poo I hate chemistry)
5th hour: Commons (its a pooed up commons becuase commons is normally in the lunch room but 5th hour is during lunch time (we eat lunch in 2 shifts) so we get put in a classroom, the chemistry classroom)
Lunch (Um, food?)
6th hour: Physics (hooray, another senior class)
7th hour: Intro to Proggraming (the best class ever, I just slack off because I know everything)
8th hour: US History (LETS TEACH TO THE SOPHMORES WHO HAVE FIRST GRADE READING LEVELS SO THE KIDS WHO SHOULD ACTUALLY BE THERE GET FUCKING SHORTCHANGED!)
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 12 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:32:30 PM)

Most kids in my class don't do much, but I generally just yell weird stuff and insult people. But I do that to everyone, and not just freshmen.
Zealotry from Rome to Mecca, millions more become infected - God cannot be mass projected, or beaten out through forced confession. It's for all of us to ponder, not for dogma's chain to hold us down. Wake up and put the past where it belongs - Dying Fetus
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 13 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:42:27 PM)

*shrug*
A lot of people kept talking about "Freshman Friday" when we were in 8th grade. I guess they were just talking out their asses. The only thing I don't like about high school is how it makes all the girls elitests.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 14 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:52:34 PM)

I'm elitist, but I deserve to be.
buck futter!
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 15 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 04:56:48 PM)

Quoted from Good OL MC:
Actually, I've never really seen seniors pick on freshmen at my school. If anything, upperclassmen are more polite on the bus and in the halls overall. :-

i was always nice to freshmen as a junior/senior.

especially in band.

i miss high school band. that was fucking awesome.
Bobby Crosby
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 16 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 05:32:21 PM)

Generally, minors only get picked on at my school when they do something stupid. But that holds true through most ages.

The thing I love most is going after the grade 10s. I mean, they think they are all tough shit, so they push around the grade 9's. So then we push around the grade 10s in front of the grade 9's, so they 10's get embarassed.

Ahh, Good times.

Despite the somewhat obvious loophole (the older guys then push us around since we push around the grade 10s), the older guys generally do the same thing we do.

And, while we on subject:

Period 1 : English. So far, Hell. Teacher - Artsy fartsy, and tries to be our best friend.

Period 2 : Chemistry. WHERE THE HELL IS THE BACK OF OUR CHAIR? All we have are those goddamn stools, which get really uncomfortable after an hour and twenty minute class. Otherwise, an alright class. Teacher - No comment.

Period 3 : History. So far, cool shit. Teacher - Cool shit.

Period 4 : Math. I'm ok with it. Teacher - Obviously too smart for his own good, and it shows, since he always gets frustrated with the class when somebody doesn't understand something. Otherwise, alright teacher.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 17 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 06:18:56 PM)

Period 1- English 2: Mr Brown. I expect to get an easy A in that class because I had him last year.. and last year was pretty easy.
Period 2- Biology: Mr. Towle. Well, I didn't study for my science test, because for one: I didn't know we were having one, and two: half of the material wasn't in the book. This cause me to get an F on the test, but I still managed to get a C in the class. (Note to self: Study frequently..)
Period 3- PE: Eh, same as last year.. not that hard, as long as you do what they tell you to.
Period 4- Spanish 1: Since I didn't take it last year, I have to take it this year. It's pretty easy, I'm sure I aced the first quiz.
Period 5- Algebra- Integrated 2: Pretty easy, since Mr Bronson doesn't collect them homework.. and we're doing probability... But I can barely understand him because he speaks a lot like Bill Cosby (ie: the simpsons episode with Bill cosby on TV ranting about pokemon)
Period 6- World History: Mr Ip. Easy as fuck, since I love history, and since Mr. Ip just graduated from school and takes it easy on us, I expect an easy A.

Well there you have it, a chunck of irrelevant information!

BTW, Me = Sophomore.

Izzy
Si anang tatay mo?
"It's funny because shitty ryhmes with witty." -Mr. Pixies
"Atheists beleive in the god of atheism" - Yehoshua Ben Yisra'el
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 18 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 06:24:24 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from jimmy:

Thread ID #666 - drahnier
Reply ID #666 - boutitben

[/hijack]

Wild Bill said he was the 666th post in ID. According to the main forum page he is right. Those you posted are covering the whole forum.

are you confused yet?
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reply 19 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 06:26:17 PM)

I actually had fuckloads of fun last year as a Freshman, none of the upperclassmen messed with me, because I was an actual non-fucking moronic person like the rest of my classmates. Also, on the subject, here's this Sophomore's schedule:

1st hour: Band. I play the trumpet, and the director is a fucking psycho. He freaks out when you make the slightest mistake
2nd hour: Trig. Fucking easy class, and the teacher's cool also.
3rd hour: English 3. This teacher is all about us thinking and not talking out of our asses. I suppose it is good...but I hate working, damnit
4th hour: Spanish 3. This spanish teacher doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. He can't speak spanish worth shit, this is probably as high as he can understand
5th hour: American History. Boring class, ok teacher.
6th hour: College Algebra. Christ on a cracker, this is the easiest class I've ever taken. It's just expanded alg 2, for allah's sake.
7th hour: Chemistry. Meh, it's ok. The teacher doesn't care what you do in that class, as long as you don't talk. You could literally be smoking a joint, and he wouldn't do a thing.
This reply was last edited on 09-05-02 06:31:40 PM by Socrateius.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 20 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 06:39:30 PM)

I have a good schedule

1st period: Web Design 1
2nd period: Economics
3rd period: English 4
4th period: Anatomy
5th period: AP Art 3-D
6th period: Multimedia (animation)
7th period: Weight Training

And I don't think you'll have a bad time, unless there's bad kids.
I now know why doves cry.

stew

thick soup

Ballkicks: (+62 / -7)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 21 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 07:42:38 PM)

1st - Visual Basic (The teacher is really cool, lets us listen to music and is a total Star Wars geek)
2nd - Honors US History (He seems pretty good.)
3rd - Study/Health/Music Theory
4th - Statistics (The teacher is funny, but crazy)
5th - Chemistry(Pretty nice)
6th - English 3 (really cool teacher)
7th - Lunch
8th - Blank point on my schedule.
I am ahead.
I am advanced.
I am the first mammal to wear pants.
Yeah.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 22 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 07:51:47 PM)

Normally I would go with the trend and post my schedule, but then I realized noone gives a fuck.

The seniors at my school are pretty nice to me, theyll give me rides places and stuff... They don't vibe you at all, unless your asking for it.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 23 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 07:53:27 PM)

Oh yeah, and all that shit about "seniors and juniors are total jackasses OMG" is an urban legend. I've never been picked on by anyone older then me in Highschool. It's all complete shit.

So yeah, don't worry about being picked on or getting "pansted", but try not to do anything stupid. It'll show for the rest of your life.

Izzy
Si anang tatay mo?
"It's funny because shitty ryhmes with witty." -Mr. Pixies
"Atheists beleive in the god of atheism" - Yehoshua Ben Yisra'el
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 24 of 40 (Originally posted on: 09-05-02 08:06:44 PM)

My Highschool was quiet and kinda good. People from my observations weren't bullied, though friends occaisionally picked on eachother.i'm a serial-killer :) It was alright. Some of the classes were uninteresting, and some of the teachers were odd...but it was alright.i'm a serial-killer :)

University is another story though...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1957 | Total Posts: 40 ]