Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Frances > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4967 | Total Posts: 64 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:07:40 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yeah, so Smokey and I are going to die this weekend. There's a category 4 hurricane headed right for central Florida. They showed the path on the weather channel today and it said "Saturday 2 PM Nemesis' aunt's house" I'll be buying a couple disposable cameras and documenting the whole thing, but you'll all have to wait until I get them developed and the power comes back on. Might have to wait until I get back to Detroit. I don't know, but dear god it's coming right for us.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:11:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What was Charley?
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 2 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:15:57 PM)

When it hit Naples it was a strong 4, when it finally got to central Florida it was a weak 2/strong 1 and it was moving fast with very little rain. Frances is liquid death, and coming from the east which means 35 nautical miles separate me from the coast as opposed to the hundred or so from the west. Not to mention it's literally headed right fucking for us.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 3 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:22:04 PM)

As I said to emtilt during the last one...good luck, hope your house doesn't get torn up.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:27:54 PM)

I'm in danger too, guys. I put up some shutters up this morning, there's still other stuff we have to do.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 5 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:32:24 PM)

Don't die guys. I tend to enjoy conversing with you.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:35:01 PM)

Each time you guys get a hurricane, we just get a weak rain shower two days later. Haha.
Creed's Breakup: Ironically reaffirming my faith in God.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 7 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:38:10 PM)

Funny Story, the hurricane's effect here is that it's pushing our weather back, so we'll have a bunch of rain from a different storm dump on us when it gets past you.
bother

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+108 / -25)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 01:10:13 PM)

i think it's safe to say that florida has had enough hurricanes now. why can't someone send one my way instead? i'd love to sit in my house and be buffeted. in england we use bricks in our houses, fortunately, so things don't fall over quite so easily: so i think it would be fun for all the family.
jamers615
INTL Premium Member

I've had them so long I don't think I could live without big ones!

Ballkicks: (+43 / -34)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 9 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:05:53 PM)

Board up the windows, and hope for the best. Hang in there all your Floridians in the path, and stay safe......
GrahamStokley
3DB Will Set You Free

To fat to be a ninja. Must be a ghost.

Ballkicks: (+90 / -15)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 10 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:13:19 PM)

Jeez, as if Charley wasn't enough, I feel so bad for oyu guys, buckle up and assume crash positions. Good Luck, I hope it weakens or something before getting to you.
Life is just a riddle, here's a clue: A moments only temporary, let to many go and they'll be history too
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 11 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:14:45 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Don't die guys. I tend to enjoy conversing with you.

Lots of luck, kids. I hope everything turns out okay.
He was killed by a cellular phone explosion. They scattered his ashes across the ocean. The water was used to make baby lotion. The wheels of commotion were set into motion. But the sun still shines in the summertime. I'll be yours if you'll be mine. I tried to change but I changed my mind. Think I'll have another glass of Mexican wine.

Asthetik's musictalk bitch, serving the world of progressive house 24/7.

Proud recipient of the Crown of Coronets of the Southern Hemisphere.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 12 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:44:54 PM)

Aww, that's horrible. Not another hurricane.

You folks should move to Maryland. Our state sucks, but as far as weather, we're awesomely lucky.

Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope to see you posting after all this is over without any overwhelming financial burdens, etc.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 13 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:47:54 PM)

Can't wait! This one could end up hitting Tampa if I tends toward that direction, and even if it doesn't hit us we're gonna get some nasty weather. I'm better off than you people in Orlando though. Fun fun fun.
"Beyond the ridge on the left, you asked me what I want. Between the trees and chirpin' by the shaded pond, I spent an hour with you, should I want anything else?

She rose and winked, like the owner of a candy store. We were sixteen, maybe less, maybe a little more. I walked home smiling, I finally had a story to tell."
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 14 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 02:49:12 PM)

We're going to start putting up shutters tonight, but my parents have been driving me nuts all week about this hurricane. We've already stocked up on essentials like water and flashlights, and my dad is insisting on evacuating to a shelter.

It's frustrating because the National Hurricane Center doesn't want to say anything definitive like they with Charley and be wrong. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it makes any turns. Later this afternoon or tonight they should be issuing a hurricane watch for South Florida. Broward County (where Pixies lives) is already making plans to shut down tomorrow -- no school!
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 15 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 03:07:06 PM)

Not sure if I have school tomorrow, bcc, I should do my math homework just in case
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Nilbog! It's goblin spelled backwards! This is their kingdom! - Joshua

Grow the fuck up, this is the goddamn internet. - Menion
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 16 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 03:07:32 PM)

Hurricanes are like God's way of saying "DON'T LIVE HERE!"
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
Chaplin
Chicago Cubs Anonymous

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -17)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 17 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 05:02:57 PM)

I think Frances has it in for all us Floridians seeing as how the storm is as big as the whole fucking state. I live 1 block from the beach so its safe to say that if it hits me directly, the bottom floor and maybe the second will be under some water here on the island. Good thing I live on the 3rd floor, but either way, I'm not gonna chill here. Time to head inland if it comes at me dead on. My dad's in Daytona, also about a block off the beach, but in a 1 story house. If the storm hits there, his whole house will most likely get flooded.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 18 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 05:11:29 PM)

Public schools are closed for my county (Miami-Dade) on Thursday and Friday, but I still have class and work tomorrow. Not fair. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 19 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 05:14:59 PM)

I had a family vacation planned for this thursday until tuesday in Orlando...I don't see that happening, now...however
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat

Reply 20 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 06:09:26 PM)

I'm on vacation right now, we bought boards for the windows as well as a generator and an AC unit. According to the weather channel this could be the worst hurricane on record. 24 hours of hurricane force winds, and 30 inches of rain are the predictions. This is going to fucking rock.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 21 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 09:14:33 PM)

I just checked my school's Hurricane Preparedness website, and classes are cancelled for the rest of the week. I called my boss to find out if I still had to work or not, and I left a really fucked up message for her because she was calling me back as I left it. I hope she doesn't listen to it. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Anyway, all but three windows of my house are protected with shutters.

In terms of windspeed, it's not all that impressive, but the sheer size of it (would stretch from Miami to Orlando) is a bit frightening.

I'm actually looking forward to it.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 22 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-02-04 01:00:54 AM)

Damnit, the eye is supposed to make landfall right over my area! Uncool.

And Zippo, what the holy hell? 145mph winds are not impressive enough for you???? That's upper category fucking 4, you do know that...right?
"Beware the man of a single book"
Bertrand Russell
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are"
George Carlin
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

My user given title states the obvious!!
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 23 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-02-04 06:37:39 AM)

To be fair, it was still at 140 mph when I made that post, but you're speaking to someone who got the brunt of Hurricane Andrew, which sustained winds in excess of 165 mph.

Brad, you're in Melbourne, right? Ouch.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 24 of 64 (Originally posted on: 09-02-04 02:08:04 PM)

The difference between 140mph winds and 165mph winds is negligible. Both wind speeds are powerful as fuck and very impressive. I think you're getting a tad jaded living in Hurricane Alley, Zippo.
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4967 | Total Posts: 64 ]