Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Hostage Killing in Iraq > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4325 | Total Posts: 55 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
(Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:16:51 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My God. I just saw the very first part of the new video af the 12 Nepalese hostages being killed. I've never actually watched a human being die, and I never want to again. They slit the mans throat. I thought that would kill you rather quickly, but no, he was rolling around making sort of a squealing noise. I had to stop it, I felt so physically ill.

How can a human be so desensitized to violence and the preciousness that is human life that they can not only take it, but they can take it with out any regard to how that person feels? What exactly are they trying to accomplish, killing an innocent like that?

I'm so tired of hearing about hostages being killed in Iraq by a bunch of ungrateful little pricks. My viewpoint just radically changed from "help them set up a new government no matter what" to "let them roll around in their own crap until they all die, then we can take the oil." God. What kind of worthless piece of crap kills innocent people to make a point about us leaving. If you don't like our presence, provoking us isn't the way to go.

Not only does it piss me off, but it worries me. I can't believe that people do that. Any people. What kind of world are we living in? That's not why I'm worried, though, I'm worried because I have friends going to Iraq, and I can't imagine how terrible it would be to watch them die like that. To even know they died like that. The very last thing that happens is incredible pain and fear. Terrible. I just can't fathom this.

I hate people.
Cowman
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+10 / -32)
Reg. Date: Aug 2004
Reply 1 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:24:36 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Where did you see this video? Can you give a link?
Xenos
Canuck Connection, eh?

Ballkicks: (+25 / -17)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:26:51 AM)

As absolutely disgusting as that is, Chechen terrorists just took over a high school and will kill 50 kids/per dead terrorist and kill 20/per wounded terrorist.

If theses asses had any balls they'd realize that you don't fuck with civilians, let alone children.

I hate terrorist fucks.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 3 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:32:51 AM)

I haven't seen the video, and I have zero intenetion of seeing it ever in my life. When Al-Qaeda released the video of the dogs being killed by noxious fumes, I actually started crying and my father had to change the channel.
Quoted from Chimp:
Not only does it piss me off, but it worries me. I can't believe that people do that. Any people. What kind of world are we living in? That's not why I'm worried, though, I'm worried because I have friends going to Iraq, and I can't imagine how terrible it would be to watch them die like that. To even know they died like that. The very last thing that happens is incredible pain and fear. Terrible. I just can't fathom this.

I know exactly what you're saying. I have two cousins currently stationed in Iraq, and one I'm really close to. Every day that I hear about about a soldier being killed the first thing I think of is him, and it's hell waiting to hear from him because sometimes you just don't.
I hope the terrible people either get a strong dose of humanity real soon, or get a swift kick in the ass.
He was killed by a cellular phone explosion. They scattered his ashes across the ocean. The water was used to make baby lotion. The wheels of commotion were set into motion. But the sun still shines in the summertime. I'll be yours if you'll be mine. I tried to change but I changed my mind. Think I'll have another glass of Mexican wine.

Asthetik's musictalk bitch, serving the world of progressive house 24/7.

Proud recipient of the Crown of Coronets of the Southern Hemisphere.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:34:36 AM)

Quote:
If theses asses had any balls they'd realize that you don't fuck with civilians, let alone children.

actually, i think it takes quite a lot of balls to do what they did. they might be filthy, horrible discraces to the species, but i think it takes a lot more balls to walk into a building and take hostages than it does to push a button and fire a volley of rockets at an anonymous dot on a grid hundred of thousands of miles away. knowning full well you will have an entire nation and its armed forces with their guns aimed at you, and that you likely wont leave alive. as opposed to flying a practically untouchable jet a few thousand feet in the air and firing rockets at computer selected targets and returning home in time to have a few drinks with your wingmen. those brave, brave soliders.

and for the record, no i dont support or condone taking children of all people hostage.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 5 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:38:54 AM)

Our brave, brave soldiers don't cut people's throats and let them wheeze through their newly exposed trachea for minutes before they die.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 6 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:39:03 AM)

Chimp, your change in attitude is misguided. If you abandon the country to its own demise, you're abandoning the good people there as well, the average people who far outnumber the people you're meaning to condemn.
Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
The pen is mightier than the sword.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 7 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:40:25 AM)

I know, and it's another good reason in a list of many that I should never be put in charge of something like this.

I don't know what to do, but there has to be another way to deal with terrorists. It seems to me that this War on Terror has fueled more terrorism than it has stopped.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 8 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:52:52 AM)

But it was all worth it, right? We found all those WMDs...oh wai

So why are we there again? Because Saddam was a bad guy?
More than 10,000 innocent Iraqi civilians that have died (nearly 40% of them children).
This number is even more horrific then any of Saddam's past killings, including the gasing of the Kurds.

Oh yeah, and 1,000 U.S. troops died as well.
Creed's Breakup: Ironically reaffirming my faith in God.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 9 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:53:16 AM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Our brave, brave soldiers don't cut people's throats and let them wheeze through their newly exposed trachea for minutes before they die.

you think everyone killed in war is a clean pleasant death? you're ignorant as shit. what the fuck do you think happens when our brave troops defend the american way of life with hundreds of tons of bombs dropped from the sky? people dont just lie down and go to sleep. you think you die instantly when you're shot? no, you lie there gurgling and gasping like a fish out of water untill you either bleed to death or have some organ fail. if you're lucky you get shot in the head but thats pretty rare. people get limbs blown off, cut off and shot off. the ones that die are often the lucky ones.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 10 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:55:28 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
Quoted from Chimp:

you think everyone killed in war is a clean pleasant death? you're ignorant as shit. what the fuck do you think happens when our brave troops defend the american way of life with hundreds of tons of bombs dropped from the sky? people dont just lie down and go to sleep. you think you die instantly when you're shot? no, you lie there gurgling and gasping like a fish out of water untill you either bleed to death or have some organ fail. if you're lucky you get shot in the head but thats pretty rare. people get limbs blown off, cut off and shot off. the ones that die are often the lucky ones.

No, but when you're disintegrated by a bomb, you don't feel much. Nor do you feel much when you're shot in the head. Yes, we kill people inhumanely, but I don't think we go looking for civilians to do it to.

Edit: Side note: Those Chechen terrorists were just on the news. Apparently they're making children stand in the windows. And I think they're shooting them in plain view of the parents, but I didn't catch all of that.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 11 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 11:57:26 AM)

Quote:

ha ha, no the us army is made of really perfect men (& women)......

I'm sick and tire of americans whining about a family member at war in a country....you choose to invade that country, so expect it.

In WW2, when a german or russian or french or greek or italian soldier fought, he didn't fight to win against a foe far away, that might be a threat, he fought to keep the enemy out of his country, so they couldn't burn his town, and rape his wife, and kill his children.

America has only fought offensive wars in the last hundred years.

Yeah, it's stupid to kill nepalese, they haven't done anything, as far as we know.

Anyways, it's guerilla warfare, it's psychological, it has to be that way to scare the superior enemy.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 12 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:00:38 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from NNY:
Quoted from Chimp:

No, but when you're disintegrated by a bomb, you don't feel much. Nor do you feel much when you're shot in the head. Yes, we kill people inhumanely, but I don't think we go looking for civilians to do it to.

Edit: Side note: Those Chechen terrorists were just on the news. Apparently they're making children stand in the windows. And I think they're shooting them in plain view of the parents, but I didn't catch all of that.
Whether it is a civilian or a soldier being killed, the effect on Iraqi society is the same. If the dozens of family members and friends of the dead person didn't hate the U.S. before, they certainly would now.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 13 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:00:49 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
Quote:

ha ha, no the us army is made of really perfect men (& women)......

I'm sick and tire of americans whining about a family member at war in a country....you choose to invade that country, so expect it.

In WW2, when a german or russian or french or greek or italian soldier fought, he didn't fight to win against a foe far away, that might be a threat, he fought to keep the enemy out of his country, so they couldn't burn his town, and rape his wife, and kill his children.

Yeah, it's stupid to kill nepalese, they haven't done anything, as far as we know.

Anyways, it's guerilla warfare, it's psychological, it has to be that way to scare the superior enemy.

I didn't choose to go to war. I wasn't exactly consulted. Americans as a whole didn't make the decision, our governing body did. I don't think the Army is really full or perfect people, and yeah, I think they're gonna let people suffer and die. I don't think, however, that they target civilians and children, like most of these terrorists sects seem to be doing.

Again I don't think that everyone the Army kills dies a humane death.

Quoted from Cowman:
Where did you see this video? Can you give a link?

I don't know the legality of linking you to it, nor how it would comply with INTL's rules. If I get a go from an admin, then I might upload it to my webspace or to INTL, but I don't particularly want to watch it.

Quote:
Whether it is a civilian or a soldier being killed, the effect on Iraqi society is the same. If the dozens of family members and friends of the dead person didn't hate the U.S. before, they certainly would now.

And?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:09:38 PM)

I'm not condoning hostage killings, but people are going to fight fire with fire. Surely the gung-ho war administration had to have seen this uprisal (talking point: "insurgency") coming from miles away.

It makes me sick what people do to each other, but in no way am I shocked or surprised. Fuck what Anne Frank said, I think people really might be inherently degenerate and cruel. Sure seems that way.

An old boyfriend of mine is currently on his second tour in Iraq. I've cried many nights over it, but it was his choice. He had duel citizenship, he could have stayed in nice safe Canada, but he chose to become American and join the Marines and go to war. Sucks but you gotta deal. People make choices, and choices have consequences.
Ballard
INTL Premium Member

Ballkicks: (+162 / -22)
Reply 15 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:11:32 PM)

Pff, people have been beheading each other for thousands of years. Clearly there is some precedent.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Reply 16 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:26:25 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quote:

And?

And this seems to answer your question of 'What kind of person kills innocent people to make a point about us leaving?' Terrorists are driven to kill for the most part because of two reasons. Reason number one, is that they feel that their loved ones or they themselves are threatened as long as there is a U.S presence in Iraq. This is not unreasonable, considering how many innocent Iraqis the U.S. has killed. Reason two, is the overall hatred that the U.S. has inspired so far. If someone dropped a bomb on your house while you were at the market, and your entire family died a grizzly death being blown to pieces, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off?

It's kind of similar to the feeling we had when people flew a plane into the World Trade Center, eh? The idea of 'who are the terrorists and who are the good guys' is largely a matter of opinion to the people of Iraq.

PS. I just saw the video. Absolutly disgusting.
This reply was last edited on 09-01-04 12:49:36 PM by Dante.
Xenos
Canuck Connection, eh?

Ballkicks: (+25 / -17)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 17 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:41:05 PM)

Quote:

With the exception of WWII and Afghanistan/War on Terror.

They're targeting innocent defenceless civilians to change the government's mind.They're cowards and should be stomped out. In the Nepalese case, their government isn't even involved. They killed them because they were trying to rebuild their country and "co-operated" with the Americans.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 18 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:41:35 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
I didn't choose to go to war. I wasn't exactly consulted. Americans as a whole didn't make the decision, our governing body did.

I don't know the legality of linking you to it, nor how it would comply with INTL's rules.

our governing body is supposed to represent the wills of america as a whole. if they do or not is debateable, but the will of the government is offically the will of the people in a democracy such as the US.

our army doesnt go targeting civilians, but they most certainly do kill plenty of them. obviously intent matters, but not completely. they know damned well that they will without a doubt be responsible for civilian deaths, to think its impossible is completely ignorant.

people arent disintigrated by bombs, they are blown apart. the majority of people killed by bombs though id be willing to bet are those that are killed by the aftermath; collapsing buildings, fire and shrapnel and the like.

your disgust isnt just targeted at people taking innocent people hostage though, its against anyhow takes a hostage or kills another human being without concern for that person. but you also subly defend our (or any nations) troops fighting another military in war. really there is no difference besides method. thats my point, more or less. that and maybe not you specificly, but there are plenty of people out there who condem with all their might when the enemy kills someone, but either could care less or is glad when their team kills people. dropping bombs and launching missiles is a helluva lot more indiscriminate, wreckless and apathetic than taking a hostage and slitting their throat.

look at the prison torturing scandal... people justified our actions saying that if the enemy would commit such digusting, attrocious deeds such as kidnapping and executing our soliders then they deserve to be tortured. and some people simply thought they were below human and deserved it, or should be allowed it despite human rights laws and americas supposed concern about human rights (we tend to pick and choose though). surely the other side doesnt feel just as passionate about their comrades being killed, as we do about ours. so by these people's own rules the other side is just as justified in killing as our own, but its rarely seen that way. they are the vicious killers and we are the ones stopping them, by killing anyone who stands in our way.

i might almost rather have my throat slit than have a bullet or two punch through my stomach. i imagine you would die a hundred times faster and less agnonizingly that way.

Quote:

that has nothing to do with it.

Quoted from Xenos:
Quote:

With the exception of WWII and Afghanistan/War on Terror.

if the war on terror includes iraq, that certainly wasnt a defensive war, no matter how much they like to claim it is.

Quote:
They're targeting innocent defenceless civilians to change the government's mind.They're cowards and should be stomped out. In the Nepalese case, their government isn't even involved. They killed them because they were trying to rebuild their country and "co-operated" with the Americans.

i still tend to think they arent cowards, even if they are scum.

This reply was last edited on 09-01-04 12:51:27 PM by NNY.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 19 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:46:15 PM)

i think i forgot to mention: post the link, if other people want it, i might be interested too.

C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 20 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:50:58 PM)

Alright, this is not work safe, not stomach safe, and I really wouldn't recommend looking at it. It makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

Even IF0 couldn't watch more than 30 seconds.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 21 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:54:14 PM)

NNY pretty much said everything I would've said, other than:

Quote:
i might almost rather have my throat slit than have a bullet or two punch through my stomach. i imagine you would die a hundred times faster and less agnonizingly that way.

The calibur rounds that they use in AK-47s are large enough that impact almost anywhere in the torso area will shatter nearly all your organs; I'm sure it's painful too, but I'm pretty sure you die faster from it.

Someone who knows about this, correct me if I'm wrong.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 22 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:56:42 PM)

Quoted from British Agent:
The calibur rounds that they use in AK-47s are large enough that impact almost anywhere in the torso area will shatter nearly all your organs; I'm sure it's painful too, but I'm pretty sure you die faster from it.

good to know, i think.

ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 23 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:59:02 PM)

There was a thing on that on the Discovery Channel the other night. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 24 of 55 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 01:05:28 PM)

Meh, that video isn't all that shocking. It's no worse than the one I saw of the Nazis killing the Russian soldiers. Yet again, I have seen so many videos like that, I have become extremely desensitized to violence, it really doesn't bother me. Chimp, I advise you watch that video again in one week, your reaction won't be the same.
His mighty hands will hardly fail, his intellect is barely frail, he moves his lips in perfect sync, demanding another espresso drink. With passion, he searches, he'll make another purchase. Familiar, you know him, he's saying that you owe him!

All the world must have a price, save yourself from sacrifice, everything will end all right...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4325 | Total Posts: 55 ]