Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Son of Gmail > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 9112 | Total Posts: 83 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 08-21-04 01:18:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Google is giving out invites to current account holders again, so i figured id hand out mine here to anyone who doesnt already have one and wants one. PM me and ill give you the invite code.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 1 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 04:58:08 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Damn it, I didn't get any invites.
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 2 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 05:28:09 PM)

that makes me cooler than you.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 06:21:56 PM)

I didn't get any either.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 08:06:02 PM)

I got none.
GrahamStokley
3DB Will Set You Free

To fat to be a ninja. Must be a ghost.

Ballkicks: (+90 / -15)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 10:19:46 PM)

I've had gmail for over 2 months and no invites yet.
"You wait up for me, I don't wake up for you. Would you like the company or are you sick of me. When your love lets you go you only want love more, even when love's not what you were looking for."
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 6 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-21-04 11:12:25 PM)

i don't really get the all the buzz about gmail. whats so good about it? who really uses that much storage.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 7 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-22-04 08:18:05 AM)

Quoted from Bon:
i don't really get the all the buzz about gmail. whats so good about it? who really uses that much storage.
I have over 300mb used on one account. And it's not about the space. The webmail itself is a lot fucking better than any other service I've tried.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 8 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-22-04 11:46:03 AM)

well, all the ones i had have been given out, for now.

Sith
INTL Premium Member
Mango

Snake high score hog

Ballkicks: (+50 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 9 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-22-04 11:58:14 AM)

Quoted from antpocas:
Quoted from Bon:

I have over 300mb used on one account. And it's not about the space. The webmail itself is a lot fucking better than any other service I've tried.

I'd agree with antpocas here, gmail is far better than any other email service I've seen. None of those crappy banners or shitty ads which you get from hotmail or many of the other free ones.

There are a host of other reasons, but simply put, nothing else I've seen rivals it for speed, simplicity, storage, or flexibility.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 10 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-22-04 01:44:00 PM)

I like Gmail for three main reasons:
1) Conversations. It's so, so much better to have all replies in one e-mail, instead of 170+ seperate e-mails.
2) Searching. It's easy to search for things, even if you forgot much of the e-mail you're looking for, and only remember two words from it.
3) Simplicity. It's easy to log on, find new messages and leave.

I would like it if they implemented a calendar feature similar to Hotmail, but I guess they're working on that.

Oh, and NNY, how many invites did you get? I only got one, and was wondering if this is the norm across the board.
do do DO, do do DO, do... do dododododo, do dun dododo, do dun dodoDO.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 11 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-22-04 06:11:48 PM)

I only got one as well.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"On it's own this banana pudding is almost palatable. But without Nilla waffers it's just another one of your wretched culinary abortions! *crash* NOW CLEAN IT UP!"
- Stewie
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 12 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 07:18:01 AM)

i got 4.

Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 13 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 07:07:03 PM)

I've got another one. It's been a gmail 'invite a day' offer going on in my inbox for a while. If someone wants it, please PM or IM me. It's available to the first person who asks for it.

Edit: Several currently available.
do do DO, do do DO, do... do dododododo, do dun dododo, do dun dodoDO.
This reply was last edited on 08-25-04 08:05:00 PM by Sunn O))).
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 14 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 07:54:00 PM)

Got an invite on 2 of my 3 accounts, PM me.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 15 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 08:18:04 PM)

someone send me one
nmwwood@hotmail.com
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."

"We all have the same thing. One lifetime.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 16 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 09:44:53 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
someone send me one
nmwwood@hotmail.com
sent
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 17 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-23-04 09:50:10 PM)

I've got an invitation too if anyone wants it.
"Extreme Ironing combines the excitement of an extreme sport with the satisfaction of freshly-ironed clothes."
-from 'Extreme Ironing', Wikipedia.org
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 18 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-24-04 12:40:29 AM)

i guess i'll take it

wrathofdaniel@eml.cc
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 19 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-24-04 09:55:20 PM)

ive got another invite, PM me if you want it.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 20 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-25-04 03:23:31 PM)

Quoted from Bon:
i guess i'll take it

wrathofdaniel@eml.cc

Sent.

And I've got 5 more, so if someone wants one, send me a PM.
"Beyond the ridge on the left, you asked me what I want. Between the trees and chirpin' by the shaded pond, I spent an hour with you, should I want anything else?

She rose and winked, like the owner of a candy store. We were sixteen, maybe less, maybe a little more. I walked home smiling, I finally had a story to tell."
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 21 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-25-04 08:34:02 PM)

Yeah I got five today, too.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 22 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-25-04 09:07:40 PM)

5 here. Quote this message and I'll invite you.
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
Sith
INTL Premium Member
Mango

Snake high score hog

Ballkicks: (+50 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 23 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-26-04 08:00:06 AM)

I've got 2 invites if anyone wants one.

Edit:All invites used up now MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
This reply was last edited on 08-26-04 12:07:04 PM by Sith.
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 24 of 83 (Originally posted on: 08-26-04 09:32:18 AM)

Quoted from Lucifer Beowulf Helidon:
5 here. Quote this message and I'll invite you.

Anyone who would like to can send me one if it's not too much trouble.

Kennylpj@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!

BTW, Sith, your custom title sounds like something I heard in a game called Utopia, you play, by chance?
Ok, that's good to know...

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"

<andy> moo spelled backwards is moo
<andy> no wait

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 9112 | Total Posts: 83 ]