Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Well here's an exercise in semantics/misspelling > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3491 | Total Posts: 47 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 08-06-04 12:11:40 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=16208&postid=350062#post350062

This is a post that drahnier made.

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=16327&postid=350555#post350555

This is a post I made, and got warned by Vervet for, under these clauses:

Quoted from Tyr, Jan 4 2004:
1) If you think something someone says is stupid, even if it's in a thread here, you start a new goddamn thread bitching them out. If you flame them slightly, but still add to the conversation in a specific thread, that's fine. Otherwise, you're going to suffer the full extent of my e-rancor.

2) If you think you're funny, witty, clever, saucy, etc. (You're not, actually), and you fill threads with an excess of stereotypical catch phrases, e-fashionable sayings or euphemisms that are reminiscient of spam, you will receive a warning and/or be banned, based on the severity and (if applicable) consistency of your actions.

3) Also prone to descretion are similar posts as mentioned in (2), that are reminiscient of postcounting.

I called a spade a spade.

drahnier took a cheap shot that has generally been considered rude and inappropriate.

While I love drahnier, I don't mind selling him out to prove to you all how shitty an administrator Vervet is.

Not to mention, my post doesn't even fall under those clauses she cited for reasons. I added to the conversation by saying that Brad was sucky at responding, and yeah I flamed him; I mean come on, that guy is a douchebag.

In closing, this is my thread bitching about Vervet as an administrator. Hilariously, this will be turned against me for complaining about staff, even though it just boils down to Vervet needing a reprimand.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 1 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 01:05:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

While I agree that your banning was unfair, Drahnier's post was intended for a humorous effect only (albeit a cheap shot), while your post was a flaming response to a flaming attack.

A person should have the right to defend oneself.
Creed's Breakup: Ironically reaffirming my faith in God.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 2 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 04:07:14 AM)

Those two posts are completely different and you suck.
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 07:36:00 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
This complaint was due Thursday, but I was unable to write due to alcohol...

Quoted from drah:
Maybe you only drove to the wrong airport because you were so DRUNK.

(while you were driving)

He's only going along with what Smokey originally said.

(then he added in a bit at the end for "humor")

Quote:
While I agree that your banning was unfair

It wasn't a banning. It was me reminding him of the rules he made back in January, which he broke. He thinks it's just me being angry with him, which I'm not. I went into the thread and found his post to be fairly vindictive.
He looks hard at the light. For an instant, he imagines the screen stretching out across the sky above the terrace. Then the image vaporizes in the blaze of the projector. He wonders what makes the light so strong. Why can he just see white when he looks into it? Where are the greens and reds that dance across his clothes? He looks at his body--it is drenched in color. His arms, his hands, his legs, are luminous, brilliant. He feels the brilliance being absorbed through his skin, saturating his flesh, flowing through his blood all the way to his fingertips. He starts radiating brilliance himself. Brilliance that illuminates each row of empty seats, brilliance that paints each wall a blinding white, brilliance that turns the curtains into sheets of light. As Vishnu watches, the entire theater becomes incandescent. He looks down at himself, but he can no longer tell where the light ends and his body begins.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 4 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 08:01:47 AM)

And I agree with her decision, and not because we're secretly in love, we both loathe Tyr, and are plotting to get rid of him.

I swear.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 08:35:18 AM)

Hey dude, it's the internet.
I really hope no one comes over here right now.
I just farted, see? And it really stinks.
This could be the end of my professional career.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 6 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 09:24:42 AM)

I obviously didn't break the rules she cited in her warning, but I agree it's not worth pursuing.

It's like Emp said a while back, "It'll just be Tyr... stirring shit up."

Funny how that worked out, huh?

ALTHOUGH:

Quote:
1) If you think something someone says is stupid, even if it's in a thread here, you start a new goddamn thread bitching them out. If you flame them slightly, but still add to the conversation in a specific thread, that's fine. Otherwise, you're going to suffer the full extent of my e-rancor.

Well, I didn't know calling someone haughty and condescending when they were was bringing out the big guns. Are we going to have a swear filter pretty soon, too?
This reply was last edited on 08-06-04 09:41:01 AM by Tyr.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 7 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 10:00:19 AM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
And I agree with her decision, and not because we're secretly in love, we both loathe Tyr, and are plotting to get rid of him.

I swear.

PHIL. Now everyone will know.
He looks hard at the light. For an instant, he imagines the screen stretching out across the sky above the terrace. Then the image vaporizes in the blaze of the projector. He wonders what makes the light so strong. Why can he just see white when he looks into it? Where are the greens and reds that dance across his clothes? He looks at his body--it is drenched in color. His arms, his hands, his legs, are luminous, brilliant. He feels the brilliance being absorbed through his skin, saturating his flesh, flowing through his blood all the way to his fingertips. He starts radiating brilliance himself. Brilliance that illuminates each row of empty seats, brilliance that paints each wall a blinding white, brilliance that turns the curtains into sheets of light. As Vishnu watches, the entire theater becomes incandescent. He looks down at himself, but he can no longer tell where the light ends and his body begins.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 8 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 10:42:44 AM)

What will Emp think?

Edit: ?!?!?!
I really hope no one comes over here right now.
I just farted, see? And it really stinks.
This could be the end of my professional career.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 9 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 10:45:46 AM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Quote:
While I agree that your banning was unfair

It wasn't a banning. It was me reminding him of the rules he made back in January, which he broke. He thinks it's just me being angry with him, which I'm not. I went into the thread and found his post to be fairly vindictive.

Edit: While I agree that the warning was unfair...

What I was saying, however, is that his response was only as vindictive as SciBrad's condesending attack.
Creed's Breakup: Ironically reaffirming my faith in God.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 10 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 10:58:06 AM)

Exercise.
Quoted from Dante:
What I was saying, however, is that his response was only as vindictive as SciBrad's condesending attack.

In The Great Debate, flaming is strictly prohibited. In this forum-unless I'm dense-flaming is allowed as long as you add something to the thread.
Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea
He swims so wild and he swims so free.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 11 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 12:02:54 PM)

Phil, Amelia, you guys had better get back on topic or I'll be forced to warn you.

*e-love*
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 12 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 12:59:13 PM)

Even though this is clearly the result of a failed love affair...

Drahnier said what? I'LL KILL HIM!!!
Kapn Xaos
OMG! OMG! LOOK its a Xaos group
Posting is now a bannable offence!

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+97 / -144)
Reply 13 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 01:39:18 PM)

I think the administrator's should pick a day once a year where the TOS is non-existant. Flame wars abound and Xaos ensues. Just one day a year it can even be a random day every year not just the same day.

Just a thought...
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 14 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 03:15:37 PM)

Quote:
Xaos ensues

I should kill you for that.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 15 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 03:21:54 PM)

Quoted from Amphytrite:
Exercise.
Quoted from Dante:

In The Great Debate, flaming is strictly prohibited. In this forum-unless I'm dense-flaming is allowed as long as you add something to the thread.

Both examples were of BB threads.
Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
The pen is mightier than the sword.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 16 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 05:28:06 PM)

I get banned and warned a lot cause you people are girlie men and can't take the HEAT
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 17 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 05:28:39 PM)

In conclusion: Falling in love with Amelia never brings about favorable results. If you ever feel as though you may be falling in love with Amelia, chew a stick of gum instead.
Kapn Xaos
OMG! OMG! LOOK its a Xaos group
Posting is now a bannable offence!

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+97 / -144)
Reply 18 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 06:25:37 PM)

Quoted from Surt:
I get banned and warned a lot cause you people are girlie men and can't take the HEAT

Do you mean HEAT as in Hear; Empathize; Apologize; Take Ownership?
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 19 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 08:13:51 PM)

Quote:
If you think you're funny, witty, clever, saucy, etc. (You're not, actually), and you fill threads with an excess of stereotypical catch phrases, e-fashionable sayings or euphemisms that are reminiscient of spam

SHIT!
"Evil is a point of view. God kills and so shall we; indiscriminately. He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms."
This reply was last edited on 08-06-04 08:29:06 PM by drahnier.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 20 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 09:12:54 PM)

Quoted from Stormraider:
Phil, Amelia, you guys had better get back on topic or I'll be forced to warn you.

*e-love*

Whatever, little man!

*pushes Stormraider around*

Gimme your lunch money!
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 21 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 09:13:25 PM)

Surt hit it right on, somehow.

Wow, if someone had just taken the time to explain it like Surt did, I would have learned my lesson, and this whole thing would have been avoided.

Thanks, Surt.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 22 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 09:26:55 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
Surt hit it right on, somehow.

Wow, if someone had just taken the time to explain it like Surt did, I would have learned my lesson, and this whole thing would have been avoided.

Thanks, Surt.

Please note that Surt doesn't start threads like this.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 23 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 09:47:05 PM)

That's what I just fucking said.

You make it hard not to get riled up at your ostensibility. It's something to work on.
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 24 of 47 (Originally posted on: 08-06-04 10:32:34 PM)

Quote:

No, you've got it all wrong. We can't take you being IN heat, as you seem to almost perpetually be.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3491 | Total Posts: 47 ]