Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > You Have Bad Taste In Music > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3876 | Total Posts: 62 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
(Originally posted on: 08-03-04 10:43:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Here is a site I stumbled across recently, I don't know how well known this is and if it has been posted at sa or whatever, but i'm posting it anyways.

http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

what it is, is a guy in a black cape and a helmet goes to bad music concerts with a megaphone and informs the people that they listen to bad music, and how to curb their music tastes. it's quite humourous i must say.

(ps i posted this here over ToS because it has more to do with the funny than the music.)
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:05:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

this man is my hero.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:12:47 PM)

I think that guy maybe needs to get a life and not worry so much about what other people like.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 3 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:13:48 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
I think that guy maybe needs to get a life and not worry so much about what other people like.

omg yah rite fag lol
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
greenidentity

Reply 4 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:15:02 PM)

What? It just seems like a stupid hobby to me.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 5 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:17:17 PM)

Unfortunately he isn't making much of a difference.
He looks hard at the light. For an instant, he imagines the screen stretching out across the sky above the terrace. Then the image vaporizes in the blaze of the projector. He wonders what makes the light so strong. Why can he just see white when he looks into it? Where are the greens and reds that dance across his clothes? He looks at his body--it is drenched in color. His arms, his hands, his legs, are luminous, brilliant. He feels the brilliance being absorbed through his skin, saturating his flesh, flowing through his blood all the way to his fingertips. He starts radiating brilliance himself. Brilliance that illuminates each row of empty seats, brilliance that paints each wall a blinding white, brilliance that turns the curtains into sheets of light. As Vishnu watches, the entire theater becomes incandescent. He looks down at himself, but he can no longer tell where the light ends and his body begins.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 6 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:17:22 PM)

i want to have this man's children.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 7 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:18:19 PM)

you speak the truth, and you still have the world's best signature.

edit: why is it the people who have the biggest problem with religion being force-fed to them by fundies are the ones who are always ready to skin your ass alive for liking justin timberlake?
This reply was last edited on 08-03-04 11:24:17 PM by jimmy.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 8 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:29:18 PM)

justin timberlake aint that bad. anyhow. i like it because its funny to watch. and they do have bad taste in music, but just because i think its funny to watch someone rain on their parade doesnt mean im going to go out and get on my soap box. i dont care that much, even if i think their music is shit. they probably think my music is shit.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:37:32 PM)

don't get me wrong...it's funny to watch, but what bugs me is that if that guy was out on the box telling people their religion wasn't right, the reaction from this forum would have been very different.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 10 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-03-04 11:40:43 PM)

... not from me it fucking wouldnt. if some guy walked into a church on easter sunday, wearing a cape and a helmet and started shitting all over the priest with a bullhorn... that would be a hundred times funnier.

edit: and yes, that applies to any other religions, as well.

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:04:15 AM)

Were he to do that to a church, I'd be pretty pissed off and find his actions to be in bad taste; however, I do believe "wearing a cape and a helmet" is the key here to the hilarity factor.

Now, to field what jimmy brought up: Trying to make the comparison of this and doing the same thing inside of a church on Sunday is a bit of a stretch if you ask me. Music preference and religious preference are two radically different things.
No.
This reply was last edited on 08-04-04 12:10:41 AM by Air Bud.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 12 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:06:07 AM)

true, i guess. but i like religion about as much as i like linkin park. and id still probably laugh if i saw someone do it, even if it is in bad taste.

greenidentity

Reply 13 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:06:28 AM)

Wait, dosn't this guy have to, you know, PAY for a ticket in order to get inside of the concert?

Ho ho ho.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 14 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:11:53 AM)

Very funny...and true as well.

I would laugh if someone were to do a similar thing outside of theaters showing bad movies.
Buck Fush
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 15 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:18:44 AM)

Wait, dosn't this guy have to, you know, PAY for a ticket in order to get inside of the concert?

Ho ho ho.

the video i saw he was doing it in the parking lot with soem people who were sitting off the back of their truck with linkin park signs drinking bud light.

so, i dont think he actually paying to get into the show.

anyhow, if you actually watched the videos you'd see hes hardly serious about it at all. if the cape and helmet doesnt give it away. go watch the linkin park video.

greenidentity

Reply 16 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:24:56 AM)

I guess I would watch the videos if i was actually at HOME and not at work where I am unable to watch them, which is why I put my post into the form of a QUESTION and not a statement.

Serious or not, it's still pathetic IMO.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 17 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 12:31:51 AM)

you're also not the only person in the thread, nor probably the only person reading this who thinks hes being a dumbass. furthermore, you will at some point in the future be going home im sure.

Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 18 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 01:02:45 AM)

I was kinda hoping he'd get his ass kicked. I think he's a pretty good public speaker, which I know is a weird thing to notice. I think it's a good cause, as long as he doesn't attack someone I like.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Reply 19 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 01:16:10 AM)

if he ever did get his ass kicked they probably wouldnt show the video, unfortunately.

greenidentity

Reply 20 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 01:21:40 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
you're also not the only person in the thread, nor probably the only person reading this who thinks hes being a dumbass. furthermore, you will at some point in the future be going home im sure.

Yes, but I probably won't watch the video. But if he got his ass kicked and they allowed it, then i certainly would as well.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 21 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 01:22:46 AM)

I like one of those groups he did, but those were pretty funny.

No idea who staind or Adema are though..
My journal
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 22 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 08:16:51 AM)

Just because he's a dumbass with no life doesn't mean I wouldn't buy him a drink and hang out with him. Somebody has to play that role in the world and I salute him for it.

Him and Drahnier.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 23 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 11:38:37 AM)

Whether he's right or not doesn't matter.

Whether he has a life or not doesn't matter.

What MATTERS is that's he a) Has the balls to do this and b) the videos are fucking hilarious.

My favourite part is the large bald man threatening to kick his ass and saying "Wanna see me exercise MY first amendment?"

And the morons replying who think they're witty.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
greenidentity

Reply 24 of 62 (Originally posted on: 08-04-04 11:53:27 AM)

That kind of shit doesn't take balls.
Some folks might say
That I'm no good.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3876 | Total Posts: 62 ]