Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Bush Bitching > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3483 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-31-04 04:42:00 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm getting tired of hearing Bush bashing everywhere. I'm neither here nor there on the guy, but hearing "OMG WAR BAD ECONOMY FAILING HE LIED WMDS" from people who have NO idea what they are talking about (Which includes most people) it gets very old.

I admit, I HAVE NO IDEA what I'm talking about concerning Bush, politics, Kerry, the government, any of it, because I'm too disinterested. Therefore, I DO NOT VOICE MY OPINION on it. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. Citing generic "I H8 BUSH" doesn't help anything, and in the end no matter who is elected as the next president, people will bitch about him/her/it as well.

That's the end of my rant. I'd rather live here than anywhere else in the world despite whoever is president - There ARE three branches of government, not just one, after all. So that presumptuous fucks don't come in here citing why Bush is so bad, this is not a thread to praise him. It's a thread bitching about everybody bitching about him, more specifically, all of the fad lovers.
At last, you know what it means to hate. Now you're ready to be a king.
Xenos
Canuck Connection, eh?

Ballkicks: (+25 / -17)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 05:35:21 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I fell you're pain... I live in Canada.

People are conditioned to hate Bush. It goes something along the lines of Liberal News is watched by stupid people, stupid people talk infront of their kids, I hear kids bitch at school.

When I ask them why they hate Bush, all I get is that he's an evil evil man (it insinuated it in a documentary, it must be true!) and he should not be President. When I ask why, I am immeadiately given the standard, "Cuz he started de war!!1"

It has to stop somewhere.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 05:39:50 PM)

i would not live in another place then scandinavia or europe, still anyways

The images weren't necessary Surt, don't be a troll.
This reply was last edited on 07-31-04 10:55:23 PM by Stormraider.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 06:02:57 PM)

Quote:
I'd rather live here than anywhere else in the world despite whoever is president

Why?

Quote:

Don't compare the great fuhrer to Bush, you asshole.

They're NOTHING like eachother.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills and so shall we; indiscriminately. He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms."
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 06:13:39 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
I'm getting tired of hearing Bush bashing everywhere. I'm neither here nor there on the guy, but hearing "OMG WAR BAD ECONOMY FAILING HE LIED WMDS" from people who have NO idea what they are talking about (Which includes most people) it gets very old.

I admit, I HAVE NO IDEA what I'm talking about concerning Bush, politics, Kerry, the government, any of it, because I'm too disinterested. Therefore, I DO NOT VOICE MY OPINION on it. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. Citing generic "I H8 BUSH" doesn't help anything, and in the end no matter who is elected as the next president, people will bitch about him/her/it as well.

That's the end of my rant. I'd rather live here than anywhere else in the world despite whoever is president - There ARE three branches of government, not just one, after all. So that presumptuous fucks don't come in here citing why Bush is so bad, this is not a thread to praise him. It's a thread bitching about everybody bitching about him, more specifically, all of the fad lovers.

Comedy first ammendement bitch + always happens + always will + tie in to fundies being evil option.
"Beware the man of a single book"
Bertrand Russell
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are"
George Carlin
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 09:35:48 PM)

I go to school in Madison, Wisconsin. Sometimes I feel almost conservative.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:04:19 PM)

Temporary bleeding hearts drive me insane.
I have a couple of friends who are tbleeds and they are extremely annoying, especially since the lot of them don't even know where the candidates stand on each issue(gay marriage, tax cuts, abortion, tuition costs, etc). I'm willing to bet that if they saw a spreadsheet stating Bush's, Nader's and Kerry's beliefs on each issue, they would not be as overwhelmingly anti-Bush.
Basically, I'm now under the slammed foot when it comes to this shit, and it's disgusting. New Jersey is an impressively liberal state, and I stand fairly conservative. I'm degraded for give an honest, simple reply to an arguement against anything Democratic. I try to be partial, and it gets on my last nerve that people can't do the same. The golden rule seems to be the most hurt victim here.
Feeling all alone without a friend, it makes me feel like dying.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:22:47 PM)

I know how you feel. When it comes to Bush, I'm completely indifferent. I can't vote anyway, so even if I did care it's not like it would matter.

Most of my friends are extremely anti-bush, and it really gets old listening to them bitch. If you can vote, then vote agianst him and that's that.

I realize everyone has the freedom to express their opinion on the man, but it really does get old.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:42:56 PM)

It gets old, but guess what? Some people need to be told the same things over and over again before it gets through to them.
"Beware the man of a single book"
Bertrand Russell
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are"
George Carlin
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:54:02 PM)

Quote:
I'd rather live here than anywhere else in the world despite whoever is president

To be fair though, where else have you lived?
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:55:19 PM)

Bush really does deserve most of the negative sentiment he has picked up over his years in office.

First of all, I don't blame him for the economy or the burst of the dot com bubble. He had nothing to do with that. However, he is fully responsible for the wreckless spending that has made our financial position with regards to the deficit much worse since he took over. First of all, there was no need to go into Iraq. He would not have gone into Iraq were it not for 9/11 sentiment. However, there is good evidence that he wanted to before even taking office. The whole thing about WMDs was a pretext, a ruse. Secondly, he irresponsibly gave a tax cut when all that did is foist debt onto future generations, which includes most of the young Americans here.

More about Iraq. He and his administration pressured the CIA into slanting intelligence reports so that war would seem justified. But regardless of even if there were WMDs, he had no good evidence of it at the time. In short, he has wasted American lives and American money on a war that was completely irresponsible. Furthermore, you should know that Cheney still gets paid by Haliburton, which is making tons of money off of the Iraq war. Not only is Haliburton making a killing (haha) off the contracts, but they won many of the contracts in non compete bidding. It's just too ridiculous to even believe.

Finally, we must mention John Ashcroft. Conservatives saw their opportunity after 9/11 and took it. They drew up a wish-list of everything they wanted and wrapped it up into the Patriot act. Surprise, surprise, most of it has little or nothing to do with terrorism. It was just a "hey, let's pass far reaching legislation while everyone's scared shitless" measure. The act has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with shitting all over our civil liberties so that the FBI can have an easier time keeping tabs on those they don't like.

I know much less about Kerry, but I know enough to choose him over Bush any day.
http://clevernothing.org
IF0
Administrator

Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 10:56:36 PM)

My point was that a single president hasn't or couldn't make my life so terrible in this country that I'd strongly desire to be somewhere else.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 12:53:14 AM)

Quoted from etymxris:
Bush really does deserve most of the negative sentiment he has picked up over his years in office.

First of all, I don't blame him for the economy or the burst of the dot com bubble. He had nothing to do with that. However, he is fully responsible for the wreckless spending that has made our financial position with regards to the deficit much worse since he took over. First of all, there was no need to go into Iraq. He would not have gone into Iraq were it not for 9/11 sentiment. However, there is good evidence that he wanted to before even taking office. The whole thing about WMDs was a pretext, a ruse. Secondly, he irresponsibly gave a tax cut when all that did is foist debt onto future generations, which includes most of the young Americans here.

More about Iraq. He and his administration pressured the CIA into slanting intelligence reports so that war would seem justified. But regardless of even if there were WMDs, he had no good evidence of it at the time. In short, he has wasted American lives and American money on a war that was completely irresponsible. Furthermore, you should know that Cheney still gets paid by Haliburton, which is making tons of money off of the Iraq war. Not only is Haliburton making a killing (haha) off the contracts, but they won many of the contracts in non compete bidding. It's just too ridiculous to even believe.

Finally, we must mention John Ashcroft. Conservatives saw their opportunity after 9/11 and took it. They drew up a wish-list of everything they wanted and wrapped it up into the Patriot act. Surprise, surprise, most of it has little or nothing to do with terrorism. It was just a "hey, let's pass far reaching legislation while everyone's scared shitless" measure. The act has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with shitting all over our civil liberties so that the FBI can have an easier time keeping tabs on those they don't like.

I know much less about Kerry, but I know enough to choose him over Bush any day.

I'm not going to bother arguing your points, because its completely off topic.

Notice the topic is he is pissed off at people bashing Bush even though they are totally uninformed about it. Your rant about the patriot act has nothing to do with the topic.

And I agree with IFO. I hate these shitheads that have no idea what the fuck they are talking about, yet they talk they're heads off about it. You question anything they say and they give you a totally unsatisfactory response.
Not just concerning bush, but with everything. I hate this type of person. I used to be one.
"I like braided pigtails. My girlfriend does her hair like that a lot and I'm always a little sad when she takes it down." - Fishmanpet
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 01:25:54 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I'm not going to bother arguing your points, because its completely off topic.

Notice the topic is he is pissed off at people bashing Bush even though they are totally uninformed about it. Your rant about the patriot act has nothing to do with the topic.

It is on topic. When you have someone repeating something they heard or that they base off of their trust in someone else's opinion, you then have to look at the basis of their belief to see if it is justified or not. This is from the reference theory of meaning and was first termed by Hilary Putnam as the linguistic division of labor.

For example, I trust those that study and do science for opinions about scientific matters. If the consensus in the scientific community is that some particular environmental problem is dangerous, then I trust that judgment. I simply don't have time to become an expert in all matters. Yet, my vote does affect all matters. So I have to defer judgment. And I have to trust those who are experts on the matters.

Now, back to Bush. If someone is repeating the ABB (anybody but Bush) mantra and has based their opinions on a well-founded trust on someone who is informed, there is nothing wrong with that. In this case, I don't know the people that IFO is talking about, so we have to go back to the source of the matter. That something is true prima facia makes any discussion of its epistemological justification more plausible. For example, ignoring other factors, if there was positive proof of WMDs in Iraq, then I would say that Bush was likely justified in his judgment of that fact. It could be that he wasn't, and just got lucky with a correct conclusion from flawed premises. But all things being equal, I would be more inclined to say that he had justification than not if I knew the conclusion he was looking for justification for was true.

Same here. All things being equal, the ABB mantra is likely justified because it is true. If it is a bandwagon, it is a benevolent one.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 03:32:12 AM)

When are people going to realize that having a governmental deficit is not necessarily a bad thing? Who do you think that money is owed to? It's not like we're spending billions and billions of dollars for some foreign country to manufacture weapons and security technology. Companies like Raytheon are making a killing off of this, and that's fine with me. I'll gladly take a governmental deficit over inferior military technology any day. The government isn't a business. They're not out there to make money.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 03:46:58 AM)

Having a zero deficit is not necessary. However, the larger the deficit, the more tax dollars that you and I pay go straight into coffers of the debtors. Now, many (but not all) of the debtors are indeed US citizens and US corporations. But I don't see why it should be mandatory for me to give them money. Government debt works like any debt. Live the high life now and pay for it later.

I agree that maintaining a well trained and equipped military is important. Nevertheless, we have to choose our wars wisely. And I don't think that invading Iraq was a wise choice at all.
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 03:23:44 PM)

etymxris, it wasn't on topic. There are many people don't know any of the reasons you mentioned, yet they choose to bash bush. It's not that they heard some good points on why bush is bad, they just heard that he has bad, and just started believing that without knowing the information.
I Cant Skat3: Well, I may be stupid. I'll let others decide that.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 04:33:07 PM)

The thing you neglect to remember is that we had huge tax breaks in the last year...so there is no "more of our tax dollars." The only time that we are required to pay more is when the taxes go *up*, which is not likely to happen if Bush is re-elected. A higher percentage of our tax dollars is re-directed into American companies when the deficit is larger, but that doesn't require any more any more out-of-pocket. Tell me, what happens if the government goes into debt? Do they go bankrupt? Fat chance. There is no real consequence on the scale that we're talking about here. People hear that the government owes money, and then automatically equate that to their Visa card. I would be more outraged by a government that was profiting from my tax dollars than one that spends them wisely.
This reply was last edited on 08-01-04 06:22:44 PM by jimmy.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 08:42:11 PM)

Here's an amendment to my bitching:
People who can turn any conversation into an argument about Bush.

I.E. "My, I wish I had more money." "OH, but if Bush wasn't president, you WOULD."

OR.

"My, I hate when uninformed people bitch about Bush."
"OH, but Bush really does deserve most of the negative sentiment he has picked up over his years in office.

I know much less about Kerry, but I know enough to choose him over Bush any day."
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-01-04 09:28:34 PM)

I don't think I could live with President John Kerry. Sure, he's a great campaigner, but will he be a good leader? I don't know. I'll vote for Bush, but that's because I rather agree with what little I know about all the politics going on. I read a Bush resume e-mail, and just recently found this Kerry one:
Quote:
CAREER OBJECTIVE

President of the United States, Renter of the Lincoln bedroom, Intern

Supervisor, Commander and Chief and Defender of the Working Man, I mean

Person

EDUCATION

Educated at Swiss Boarding Schools -- because my parents did not like me that much

Attended elite private schools like Fessenden School in West Newton,

Massachusetts and St. Paul's in New Hampshire -- just like your kids

Graduated Yale University, 1966 (I am much smarter than that Bush guy --

oh, wait, he also went to Yale.)

Graduated Boston College Law School in 1976 (I am much smarter than that

Bush guy -- oh, wait, he got an MBA from Harvard.)

VIETNAM MILITARY SERVICE

Served as an officer on a swiftboat in the Mekong Delta in VIETNAM for

three long months -- tried my best to come home a hero like JFK after

his service on PT-109. I was in VIETNAM -- VIETNAM was a place where I was for a while. Did I mention that VIETNAM veterans love me?

I collected three Purple Hearts in my three months (had to get three in order to come home and run for Congress as a hero like JFK) and the last one for that scratch on my finger -- it REALLY did hurt! It was important

to have the right connections so I could get home and run for Congress on my hero status like JFK -- he was not in VIETNAM, but I was.

Brought my own motion camera to make sure images of me in VIETNAM becoming a hero made it back home to the states. Got a free trip home after three months on my swiftboat where I suffered severe injuries and collected three Purple Hearts (did I mention that), a Bronze and Silver Star for heroism -- ensuring my destiny as a hero and man of the people like JFK.

Got home and found out they were not bestowing hero status on war heroes like me, so I threw my medals, or was it my ribbons, over the White House fence. Maybe it was someone else's medals.

Co-founder of the VIETNAM Veterans of America and spokesperson for the VIETNAM Veterans Against the War and worked closely with Jane Fonda to make sure everyone knew that all the guys in VIETNAM were war criminals -- I was too, and even testified before the Senate about my own war crimes.

"Represented" my cadre of anti-American misfits in a Paris meeting to discuss how we could better provide "aid and comfort" for the North Vietnamese and to discuss the unconditional surrender of the U.S. In doing so, I knowingly, directly violated UCMJ Article 104 part 904, and U.S. Code 18 U.S.C. 953.

Did I mention that this meeting, and my other anti-American activities, also put me in violation of the Constitution's Article three, Section three, which defines treason as "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy in time of warfare.

Consequently, I stand subject to the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3, which states, "No person shall be a Senator or

Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President...having previously taken an oath...to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

But I don't have to resign -- I am understudy to Teddy Kennedy, now the patriarch of JFK's family.

I topped off my coddling of Commies by authoring a book called The New Soldier -- but since military heroes are back in vogue, I now sue anyone who reproduces the cover of that book on any website, especially a website like http://kerry-04.com/ (The cover picture is a mockery of the Iwo Jima flag raising -- you can see it at http://kerry-04.com/untilmy lawyers get them to take it down.)

CONGRESSIONAL "SERVICE"

Volunteered as a campaign worker for my mentor, Teddy Kennedy in 1962.

I just love that big lug!

My first campaign for Congress was in 1972 -- I was a war hero like JFK but nobody noticed so I ran on my anti-American platform. I won the primary with a little help from my campaign manager (brother Cameron)who broke into my opponents campaign headquarters.

Unfortunately, because of that Watergate thing, I lost the general election to aRepublican even after spending more than any other Congressional campaign in the nation.

In 1982, with the help of Uncle Teddy, I got elected as lieutenant governor for governor Michael Dukakis -- then got elected to the Senate in 1984 -- it has been smooth sailing ever since.

I have dedicated the last 20 years, between wives and vacation homes, promoting big government spending (except in defense and intelligence, which I vote against every chance I get), class warfare, the welfare state and general wealth redistribution, any kind of abortion on demand(without parental consent for minors), and obstructionist tactics in the judicial nominee process.

According to Americans for Democratic [sic] Action, a far-left watchdog group, I have a higher lifetime liberal voting record at 93% than Ted Kennedy with 88%

I am the ranking Democrat member of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. My current millionaire wife is heiress of the Heinz Ketchup fortune -- a "small" business.

Ranking member of the Hispanic Task Force, even though I "borked" Miguel Estrada

Chaired the Senate Democratic Leadership Steering and Coordination Committee

In 1987, teamed up with Teddy to get an override of presidential veto of Boston's Big Dig Boondoggle -- one of the most larded distributions of taxpayer largess in U.S. history.

In 1991 the Senate created the Select Senate Committee on POW/MIA Affairs to investigate the possibility that U.S. prisoners of war and soldiers designated missing in action were still alive in Vietnam.

Acting as chairman, I helped persuade the group to vote unanimously that no American servicemen still remained in Vietnam. In doing so, I helped begin the process of normalizing U.S.-Vietnamese relations.

Wealthiest senator ("man of the people"), with an estimated net worth of nearly $200 million (that's $800 million if you combine it with my current wife's assets)

POLITICAL POSTURING AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

ABORTION

Voted to federally fund abortions

Voted against parental consent for minors

Voted against ban on Partial Birth Abortion (3 times)

Voted against ban on sending money to UN population fund — the money was sent to pay for China's forced abortion and sterilization policy

Have been warned by Catholic clergy that I will not be served communion due to my stance on this issue

NARAL lifetime rating of 100%; National Right to Life Committee lifetime rating of 0%

DEATH PENALTY

Oppose federal and/or state death penalty (except for innocent unborn children -- see above)

Voted against death penalty for terrorists

Voted against death penalty for drug-related murders

TAXES & ECONOMICS

I like high taxes and want to raise them

Voted against all three Bush tax cuts & want to repeal them

Voted for 1993 Clinton tax hike (largest in history)

Voted against major tax relief packages at least 10 times

Support re-raising taxes on the wealthy to redistribute money for healthcare and education -- i.e., Socialism

Claim I can stop outsourcing and create 10 million new jobs in four years, despite the fact that there are only about 8 million unemployed people in the U.S.

Want to raise the minimum wage, which will result in outsourcing and the loss of jobs

Voted at least 5 times against balanced budget amendments

Voted at least 5 times to raid the Social Security Trust Fund

Believe Washington manages your money better than you could

Lifetime rating of 26% from Citizens Against Government Waste

MILITARY & NATIONAL SECURITY

We don't need a military, per se

Favor UN control of remaining U.S. Troops

Voted for 7 major reductions in military funding

Voted against Gulf War I (1991)

Voted for Gulf War II -- but then criticized and voted against military appropriation for troops

Voted against MX missile, Trident Submarine, SDI (Strategic

Defense Initiative -- Star Wars), and the B-1 and B-2 Stealth Bomber/Fighter

Supported slashing $2.6 billion from intelligence funding while serving as a member of Senate Intelligence Committee

SECOND AMENDMENT

Against

Have earned a lifetime rating of 0% from the National Rifle Association

FAITH & VALUES

Against/Don't have any

Voted Against Defense of Marriage Act

Favor civil unions for homosexuals until marriage is popular enough to support

Voted to extend hate crimes protections to homosexuals

Voted against voluntary school prayer

Voted against ban on human cloning and support embryonic stem-cell research

EDUCATION

Voted against voucher pilot program

Voted against approving a school-choice pilot program

Support racial profiling and preference for admission to universities, known as "affirmative action"

JUDGES, COURTS & LAW

Against racial profiling and preference when dealing with terrorism

Voted against confirmation William Rehnquist as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

Voted against confirmation of Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court

Only support activist judges who will support abortion,persecute Christians and rewrite the Constitution

Voted against confirmation John Ashcroft as U.S. Attorney General

Voted against punitive damage limits in products liability cases

As Michael Dukakis' Lt. Governor from 1983-1985, supported granting prison furloughs to hundreds of Massachusetts inmates

FOREIGN POLICY

Against linking Most Favored Nation status to China's human rights record

Voted for Kyoto Protocol on Environment that exempted major Third World polluters, while creating an unfair burden on,American taxpayers

Supported Iraq regime change as late as January 2003, but not anymore

Support unilateral nuclear freeze

Support submitting completely to the UN, as well as the International Criminal Court, taking all sovereignty away from the U.S. and its citizens

Don't know what the Geneva Conventions say, mean or who they apply to

OTHER QUALIFICATIONS

Five multi-million dollar mansions

A large multi-million dollar yacht

Many "American" cars, including several gas-guzzling SUVs, which I am opposed to politically

Personal 757 campaign jet

Access to unlimited condiments -- did I mention my current millionaire wife is heiress to the Heinz fortune

Have dual citizenship in France

REFERENCES

General Vo Nguyen Giap -- most celebrated military hero of NORTH VIETNAM, where I served

"Hanoi Jane" Fonda

Teddy Kennedy

John F. Kennedy -- we have the same initials

Howard Dean -- (Albert Gore by proxy)

Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings

"Foreign Leaders" who I am unable to name at this time to name

I really hope no one comes over here right now.
I just farted, see? And it really stinks.
This could be the end of my professional career.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-02-04 12:07:47 AM)

I am also sick of Bush bashing, and you're right Dick, it's a fad. Everyone in California is obsessed with Bush bashing, even my best friend's mom tried recruiting me to vote for Kerry. She told me that I would for a fact, die in Iraq if I did not vote for Kerry. I've liked this woman for years, but that whole thing kinda threw me off guard. She got the point of being aggresive and defensive about it.

Just so you know, Kerry will rape you with taxes. Have a nice day.
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-02-04 12:53:01 AM)

Quoted from Fisher:

Let's see.... I pay zero dollars in taxes now and with Kerry in the White House I can expect to pay at least ten times that amount!
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-02-04 12:56:11 AM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
The thing you neglect to remember is that we had huge tax breaks in the last year...so there is no "more of our tax dollars." The only time that we are required to pay more is when the taxes go *up*, which is not likely to happen if Bush is re-elected. A higher percentage of our tax dollars is re-directed into American companies when the deficit is larger, but that doesn't require any more any more out-of-pocket.

If the money I pay the government (by law) is going to the government's debtors, it's not going to government services. Regardless of whether I am paying more or less, I shouldn't be required to pay money to the government that does nothing but serve as interest payments.

Alyantis and IF0, I've already explained why my initial reply was on-topic. But, to reiterate, the reference theory of meaning (and thus, justification) doesn't require anything in particular be in the mind of the person holding the belief. What matters is the causal chain linking the person holding the belief to its justification. Thus, some bandwagon effects are good, even if the majority of those that hold the beliefs cannot themselves espouse the justifications.

Disclaimer: I'm not voting for either Bush or Kerry, most likely. I'll probably vote Libertarian. But if I only had to choose between the two, well, you know what my choice would be.
This reply was last edited on 08-02-04 02:09:34 AM by etymxris.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-02-04 02:00:43 AM)

Quoted from Fisher:
Seeing as how when tax time rolls around, I actually get money back from the government, as does the rest of my family and just about everyone I know, I fail to see this as a compelling argument.
No.
This reply was last edited on 08-02-04 02:05:47 AM by Air Bud.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 08-02-04 04:19:11 AM)

God fucking DAMN, I know your pain. Every single little faggot who's read a Michael Moore book or even SEEN A MOVIE seems to think they're some kind of well-informed political analysts, however, they DON'T KNOW SHIT.

Yeah man, the war sucks and all, but please take off that STUPID "no blood for oil" shirt, you PIECE OF SHIT.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3483 | Total Posts: 48 ]