Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > An INTL Wikipedia Article > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1813 | Total Posts: 18 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-28-04 11:00:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I was looking through Wikipedia and came across the article on Something Awful. This got me to thinking, we should make an INTL article. It could include stuff like is in the FAQ. And it'd just be neat for INTL to be in an encyclopedia, even though it is a wiki. Or maybe this is a stupid idea and I need sleep.

Thoughts?
"Extreme Ironing combines the excitement of an extreme sport with the satisfaction of freshly-ironed clothes."
-from 'Extreme Ironing', Wikipedia.org
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-28-04 11:33:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It could potentially get us some new members, which would be cool. I'm too lazy and don't remember enough to be arsed to actually make it, but I would respect it if it were done.

Might be a bit presumptuous (sp?) of us to think that our lil forum deserves it, though, whatever.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+458 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 2 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-28-04 11:36:53 PM)

I'm not really sure an INTL entry would be of any interest to anyone from outside INTL, and the information contained in such an entry would be pretty much the same as stuff already posted on INTL in the FAQ and whatnot.

The only use I could see is if we went through and referenced INTL in other wikipedia entries (Heavengames, SA, can't really think of what else).
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 3 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 02:57:57 AM)

i think its a good idea.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reply 4 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 06:24:39 AM)

I think that an INTL Wikipedia article would be pretty cool, though I'm pretty surprised that there's already a HeavenGames article there.

Heh.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 06:45:28 AM)

Holy shit who wrote that for somethingawfull, get a fucking hobby and stop sucking cock on that lowtax
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 07:42:20 AM)

Great idea, em.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 7 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 12:42:58 PM)

I created a base article that I tried to model loosely on the SA one (OMG INTL IS JUST A RIP OFF OF SA). Feel free to add to it; it doesn't contain much yet. Or if you don't want to bother registering there to edit it, just post what you want me to add and I'll post it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interesting_Nonetheless
"Extreme Ironing combines the excitement of an extreme sport with the satisfaction of freshly-ironed clothes."
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 8 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 12:49:20 PM)

The skeleton looks okay, so far. Include RS, and use the FAQ to give a brief history of the site and how Sandamnit came up with it, etc.
Stare on. Don't let her glance be too sharp.
Don't stop. Glances are a playground.
Stay around the sound of laughing boys.
Walk on around the table making noise. Stare on! Oh no?
I wanna turn the bathtub on and watch this house drown from the lawn.
I wanna turn this energy on.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 9 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 12:52:55 PM)

Quoted from Skye:
The skeleton looks okay, so far. Include RS, and use the FAQ to give a brief history of the site and how Sandamnit came up with it, etc.

I didn't include the forums that aren't visible to people who aren't members.

I'll update the history later today.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 10 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 03:04:06 PM)

It looks good so far, but is there any way we can get a direct link to the site? I don't think we'll get very many new members if someone has to cut and paste the address from the bottom.
Buck Fush
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 03:46:33 PM)

Just so you know, articles about websites at Wikipedia that aren't listed in the top 100,000 sites at Alexa are marked for deletion. INTL has a rank of 381,997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Votes_for_deletion#Interesting_Nonetheless_.97_Add_to_this_discussion

However, whoever listed INTL there, used the URL interestingnonetheless.net so when they did the Alexa test, it came up with a rank of over 3 million instead of 381,997 (for the .com).
No.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reply 12 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 03:54:35 PM)

How accurate to the actual INTL stats is Alexa? It's totally off with HGs in more ways than I can count.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 13 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 04:04:22 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Just so you know, articles about websites at Wikipedia that aren't listed in the top 100,000 sites at Alexa are marked for deletion. INTL has a rank of 381,997.

Well, so much for that. I did not realize that.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+458 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 14 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-29-04 09:07:45 PM)

Quoted from from the deletion discussion page:
Delete, as Not Interesting Nonetheless. --Ianb 23:48, 29 Jul 2004 (UTC)
This man is the wittiest person in the world.
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 15 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-30-04 02:34:49 AM)

Stupidest idea in the world.

INTL does not need a fucking Wikipedia article.
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 16 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-30-04 06:04:12 AM)

Saying an article should be deleted is like saying someone shouldn't open source something because there's already another similar open source project. That's a negative thing.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 17 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 05:39:53 AM)

Creating an encyclopedia article that only maybe 1% of the people who read Wikipedia would understand or "get" is fucking retarded. It'd be like creating an encyclopedia article about an inside joke between you and your friend Dan. "And as it turns out his dog really wasn't a German Shepherd! Hahahaha! In summation, BLEEP BORP! Hahahaha get it Dan?!?! LOL!" An article about SA I can understand because they have thousands of people who visit their forums, not to mention the tens of thousands who probably visit the frontpage.
Stormraider: Mr Big is 8 inches of tasty
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 18 of 18 (Originally posted on: 07-31-04 07:04:11 AM)

Not to mention that SA is ranked 4,878 of all sites Alexa lists, which I would guess is somewhere at the 10 million mark.
No.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1813 | Total Posts: 18 ]