Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > I was almost Smokey Jr. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4031 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-25-04 03:59:17 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I'm driving home tonight, after 8 Rolling Rocks and a couple kickers at the local bar. I notice the red flashing lights in my rear-view and think, "Oh fuck. Oh fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck." I give the breathalizer and blow a .10, where the state's legal limit is .08. I am officially what I like to call "fucked". Then the cop comes up to my car and says, "Tonight's your lucky night. If you can call your friends to pick you up or a cab, you're going home. The only reason I'm letting you off is that *YOU SEEM LIKE A NICE GUY*." I just rode home with a guy named "Tiny". Tonight is my lucky night.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 04:31:52 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Uhh, he has your details and now he's going to want a date.
Matthew 15:22-7 A Canaanite woman came out and cried, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon." But he did not answer her a word. His disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she knelt before him saying "Lord help me." And he answered, "It is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from the masters table." She said "What the shit are you talking about, oh Lord, seriously, is my daughter gonna be healed when I get home or do I have to go pray to Satan?"
Brad's Wintry Journal 2
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 08:20:05 AM)

Are you sure the cop wasn't drunk?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 08:35:19 AM)

Quote:
YOU SEEM LIKE A NICE GUY

The ironing is delicious.
I bike home drunk occasionally. It's a lot easier than walking. I don't think there's a law against that.
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +v Jew
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +o Jew
<FlamingArrow> AHHHH ZIONIST TAKEOVER
*** FlamingArrow has left #INTL
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 09:19:15 AM)

The cat wasn't maimed?

Obviously you have some work to do before you can be considered Smokey Jr. omg yah rite fag lol
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 10:51:50 AM)

First you have to buy a collie and name him Moondust.
All the white horses are still in bed.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 12:32:59 PM)

Fucking cop. He should have arrested you. I have no pity for people driving after having alcohol. And with very good reason too.
"Where the senses fail us, reason must step in"-Galileo
And yet it moves
-Attributed to Galileo
"Man is but a reed, the weakest in nature, but he is a thinking reed."
-Blaise Pascal
"Beware the man of a single book"
-Betrand Russell
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed off by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense"
-Chapman Cohen
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us"
-Charles Bukowski
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are.
-George Carlin
"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."
Thomas Jefferson
An eye for an eye has left the world blind.
jimmy

Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 12:58:49 PM)

Hey Brad, suck my dick. Cop said that I showed no signs of being drunk, but he couldn't let me drive home. I hope you get hit by a drunk driver.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 01:57:42 PM)

Quoted from Science Brad:
Fucking cop. He should have arrested you. I have no pity for people driving after having alcohol. And with very good reason too.

I agree. If you blow over the limit, be fucking arrested, or at least fined. It's letting offenders off with no repercussions that gets people killed.

Christ.
jimmy

Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 02:30:43 PM)

haha, you can all go lick a sack. maybe if you didn't look like someone beat you repeatedly with the ugly stick, you would get off, too. bitch all you want, my record is clean.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 03:24:27 PM)

I can't say anything negative about this because I let people drive me home when they're drunk all the time.

Congrats on not getting arrested.
Champagne for my real friends; real pain for my sham friends.
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+101 / -41)
Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 03:31:49 PM)

Quote:

I agree. If you blow over the limit, be fucking arrested, or at least fined. It's letting offenders off with no repercussions that gets people killed.

Christ.

Don't be a fucking hypocrite.

You've never driven after drinking? Or while high?
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 03:48:29 PM)

Why the fuck did you drive your car even though you knew you were drunk?

That being said, i would never drive a car, but i can handle a scooter drunk

But seriusly, i hope this is a lesson for next time
jimmy

Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 04:25:22 PM)

Well I sure hope I learned. I wasn't even drunk by then, that was the whole point. My left tail light was out, and that's the only reason I was pulled over in the first place. Since the cop saw me pull out of a bar parking lot, he gave me the breathalizer automatically. I almost refused because I thought there was no way in hell that I was still drunk, but it's a good thing I didn't. I know what kind of person I am, and I didn't deserve the hassle that a DUI would have caused. The cop even told me "I'm in a DUI contest with my buddy, so you have no idea how good you're getting off." I told him thanks, and I'm going to write him a thank-you note today. I figure it's the least I can do for him.

Quoted from Stevo:
Quote:

Christ.

Don't be a fucking hypocrite.

You've never driven after drinking? Or while high?

You think she has a car? My bet is no. Think of all the pot you can buy with a car payment.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 05:06:29 PM)

People just need to learn how to drink and drive MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

And Ztolk - In California, they will impound your bike if you are riding it while intoxicated.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 05:34:49 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
Hey Brad, suck my dick. Cop said that I showed no signs of being drunk, but he couldn't let me drive home. I hope you get hit by a drunk driver.

Oh you're a big man now asshole. FYI, your wish almost came true a year and a half ago. Only it wasn't me that was hit, it was one of my friends. Hence why I have no fucking pity. I sincerely hope next time you drive after drinking you either get arrested or smash into a pole and kill yourself and only yourself.

Trust me, the world wouldn't mind.
"Where the senses fail us, reason must step in"-Galileo
And yet it moves
-Attributed to Galileo
"Man is but a reed, the weakest in nature, but he is a thinking reed."
-Blaise Pascal
"Beware the man of a single book"
-Betrand Russell
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed off by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense"
-Chapman Cohen
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us"
-Charles Bukowski
"Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are.
-George Carlin
"I have examined all the known superstitions of the word, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery and error all over the earth."
Thomas Jefferson
An eye for an eye has left the world blind.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 05:39:23 PM)

This is why I never bothered to get my driver's license. I know I'm the kind of guy who'd drive while over the legal limit, even though I'd still be sober.
Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
The pen is mightier than the sword.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 05:52:07 PM)

Did you just make this up because you knew people would start bitching about how driving drunk is wrong, giving you a great opportunity to be an asshole to them and start a flamewar?
"Evil is a point of view. God kills and so shall we; indiscriminately. He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms."
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 06:38:05 PM)

I don't see the problem here.

Jimmy, being over the legal limit yet still able to drive, was pulled over and let off instead of getting charged with a DUI. He was still forced to get a ride home, though.

Alcohol effects different people different ways. Obviously Jimmy knew his tolerances and knew he could drive home safely.
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 06:44:43 PM)

There is a point where you can drive drunk.

I don't take any chances when I've had something to drink, but I do do it. However, there are limits.
asthetik - year 04/05

the only difference between a caprice and a life-long passion is that the caprice lasts a little longer
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 06:51:03 PM)

Yeah, since it affects people differently, the legal driving limits have to bet set so low that NO ONE can drive legally while they're really too intoxicated to make the right decisions.
So obviously some people will be able to drive safely while they're over the limit.

I think the problem is that even if jimmy knew he could drive home safely, the cop didn't, so he shouldn't have let him off.
Someone who doesn't seem to act drunk at all can really be too drunk to drive a vehicle safely.

Also, even if you don't feel very drunk, alcohol in small amounts still lower your reaction time, so if there's an accident it could cause someone their life.

P.S. Don't get me wrong though, i really don't give a fuck whether jimmy gets busted for drunk driving or not.
Although it would be funny if he did and then posted about it.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills and so shall we; indiscriminately. He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms."
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 06:53:13 PM)

I've drove drunk two times before, by the way, and i don't even have a drivers license. (i was going to my friends house at like 1 am after drinking alone all night, so i took my moms car there)

It was at night and there aren't many cops patrolling around here, so i felt pretty safe, but i figure getting caught driving drunk when you haven't even finished the drivers education yet would fuck me over pretty badly.
jimmy

Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 07:09:02 PM)

drah...the reasons i was pulled over were stated earlier. i had a tail light out, and i was just pulling out of a bar parking lot. the cop said he wouldn't have even given me the test if i hadn't just left the bar. and no, i didn't just make this up. my heart was still beating 1000 times a minute when i was typing it up.

brad, i don't give a fuck about you or your friend. it's too bad you weren't in the car.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 07:22:57 PM)

Quote:
drah...the reasons i was pulled over were stated earlier. i had a tail light out, and i was just pulling out of a bar parking lot. the cop said he wouldn't have even given me the test if i hadn't just left the bar. and no, i didn't just make this up. my heart was still beating 1000 times a minute when i was typing it up.

I noticed that, but you still had a fair amount of alcohol in your blood, and it's bound to slow your reaction time down even if you don't really feel drunk.

Also, there's no way the cop could have known how drunk you really felt or how much it decreased your ability to drive safely.
So not punishing you probably makes him a pretty bad cop.
jimmy

Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 07:25:30 PM)

he tailed me for 2 blocks before he pulled me over. he told me that he would have never guessed that i was drinking if i hadn't been leaving the bar. apparently, .10 is supposed to be obvious intoxication, with severely reduced motor skills. that just...didn't happen to me. we stood there and had a conversation about normal things, and even talked about maybe going golfing later this week.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4031 | Total Posts: 53 ]