Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Doom III review at GameSpot > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4850 | Total Posts: 35 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Pal
LOL DOOM3 GAMEPOTS RAVEW LOL J/K PUNK'D

Ballkicks: (+4 / -17)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-15-04 02:53:52 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Looks like GameSpot got an advanced copy of Doom III... below is an introductory snippet from the article by Peter Scisco.

"Despite the hoopla and press surrounding the game, let me be the first to say that I am sorrily disappointed. Graphics are good, this is a given. However, after sitting through a lengthy (and rather boring) twenty minute introduction video, I find myself veritably stranded in a confusing world. I will disucss the huge learning curve later, but for now I would like to concentrate on the ill-concieved story line..."

Read everything at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/gullible/doom_3/index.html

Damn! I've been waiting like a dog for this game. I was pretty excited to hear that it went gold. Too bad it got such a horrible review. I don't think I will buy it.

LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

edit: updated link
This reply was last edited on 07-15-04 03:56:49 PM by Pal.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 03:35:34 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Um. I'm not seeing a review anywhere, but I'll take your word for it.

My expectations for this game were low and I am not surprised at all.

My Half-Life 2 expectations are low too. I think the game will be more generic alien shooting with ho-hum gameplay.

The origionals were so good because they invented the genre. Play them today - they almost suck. The sequels are the same with better graphics.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 07:08:57 PM)

Doom is classic. I am sure I will like it. I just hope there is more of a puzzle aspect to solving the levels instead of just getting from point A to point B. I am sure Halo 2 will own it though.
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."
Jason Cruz

Ballkicks: (+24 / -12)
Reply 3 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 07:15:45 PM)

www.gamespot.com/pc/gullible/doom_3/index.html

The link doesn't work for me either. Is this some kind of prank? I read it will be out early August though.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 07:24:01 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Doom is classic. I am sure I will like it. I just hope there is more of a puzzle aspect to solving the levels instead of just getting from point A to point B. I am sure Halo 2 will own it though.

Why would it involve puzzles?... I think the part of Doom original that I liked so much was that there was no real puzzle. All you had to do was get the keys, and open doorways. The fact that it was simply blatant destruction made it great.

Also, I don't know if Halo 2 can "own" anything in the Doom series. Bungie has delayed and delayed it's product..and personally, I think games that exhibit Halo 2's level of technical power already exist on the shelves. In my opinion, judging from the trailers released for Halo 2, there is nothing stunning about the game. Farcry, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Riddick all showed impressive graphical potential for their respective engines, as well as hours of replay value. Halo 2 will be fun yes, but I don't know how many things it will own.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 5 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 07:54:20 PM)

That link doesn't exist, the gullible thing is obvious and you're going to explain yourself.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reply 6 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 08:06:35 PM)

Quoted from Ivan Drago:
Quoted from Nickolati:

Why would it involve puzzles?... I think the part of Doom original that I liked so much was that there was no real puzzle. All you had to do was get the keys, and open doorways. The fact that it was simply blatant destruction made it great.

Also, I don't know if Halo 2 can "own" anything in the Doom series. Bungie has delayed and delayed it's product..and personally, I think games that exhibit Halo 2's level of technical power already exist on the shelves. In my opinion, judging from the trailers released for Halo 2, there is nothing stunning about the game. Farcry, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Riddick all showed impressive graphical potential for their respective engines, as well as hours of replay value. Halo 2 will be fun yes, but I don't know how many things it will own.

I guess it's juat a matter of personal opinion. It doesn't make a huge difference.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes will have the best multiplayer action so far on this generation of gaming of platforms from the look of things.
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 7 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-15-04 08:59:27 PM)

From what I've heard, Doom 3 is slow paced, room to room, kill zombies. Open door, get freaked out, shoot abomination, repeat.

And MP:E with the best multiplayer? News to me. I'm excited. But that whole 4 player limit...
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 8 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-16-04 04:24:48 AM)

Quoted from Fisher:
Open door, laugh, shoot abomination, repeat.
Fixed it for you.

I'm going to upgrade my computer for this. More RAM and a Geforce 6800 (hopefully a GT) are on my shopping list for my birthday, which is the day before it comes out. Over there, anyway.
Pal
LOL DOOM3 GAMEPOTS RAVEW LOL J/K PUNK'D

Ballkicks: (+4 / -17)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 9 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-16-04 08:52:50 AM)

Quoted from antpocas:
That link doesn't exist, the gullible thing is obvious and you're going to explain yourself.

I kid, I kid! Just having some fun. i'm a serial-killer :)

Nobody has recieved an advanced copy of Doom III- there are no reviews. Thought I'd share the information that Doom has finally been finished. It will be in stores between August 3rd and 5th.

I'm sure it'll be a great game, at any rate.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reply 10 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-16-04 11:47:30 AM)

You are an idiot.
I really hope no one comes over here right now.
I just farted, see? And it really stinks.
This could be the end of my professional career.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 11 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-16-04 12:03:33 PM)

what the fuck?
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"if you mention john lennon again, i'm hunting you down" -- Drahnier[/w]

Tits are a tease, and fun to squeeze, but babies need them too!

[w]Drink the night away
Joel and Katii get it on
Drinking all night long
Me
I am clothed and male.

To the rescue

Ballkicks: (+62 / -43)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-17-04 12:00:29 AM)

Quote:

Quote:
what the fuck?
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 13 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-21-04 12:59:38 PM)

PC Gamer magazine received an advance copy of Doom III and reviewed it with a  94% 

To tell you the truth, I was pretty surprised.

Any fan of the series needs to get the game. It raises the FPS bar. It is also about 23 hours long on medium difficulty, contrary to the people who thought it would be short. 
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 14 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-21-04 04:38:39 PM)

Quoted from Fisher:
PC Gamer magazine received an advance copy of Doom III and reviewed it with a  94% 

To tell you the truth, I was pretty surprised.

Any fan of the series needs to get the game. It raises the FPS bar. It is also about 23 hours long on medium difficulty, contrary to the people who thought it would be short. 
I have the scans. I'd post them, but I'm unsure of their legal status.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 15 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-21-04 07:16:58 PM)

just fucking post them.

or send them to me.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 16 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-22-04 05:06:01 AM)

Oh fuck that, here's the site I got them from (I had lost the link). It also has the G4 video.
http://doom3.fragshack.com/media.htm
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 17 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-23-04 03:59:00 AM)

I COULDN'T RESIST IT
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 18 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-23-04 11:44:06 AM)

Where is TPC these days, anyway?
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"On it's own this banana pudding is almost palatable. But without Nilla waffers it's just another one of your wretched culinary abortions! *crash* NOW CLEAN IT UP!"
- Stewie
Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 01:43:51 AM)

UT2004?
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
"SHUT UP YOU NIGGER TERRORIST!!" - Flaming Arrow
"Department store computers are like mcdonalds hamburgers, squished up really small and full of shit" - Baggy_Brad
"I suppose I could forgive you, but that would probably involve giving a damn, and I'm just not prepared to do that." - uselessinformation
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."

GLEEK

Reply 20 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 05:53:09 AM)

Quoted from British Agent:
Probably Heavengames. He got pissed when he lost his mod position and left.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reply 21 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 08:42:02 AM)

Quoted from antpocas:
Quoted from British Agent:
Probably Heavengames. He got pissed when he lost his mod position and left.

He's alive. He's been my tech support via AIM for quite a few adventures.
I really hope no one comes over here right now.
I just farted, see? And it really stinks.
This could be the end of my professional career.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 22 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-25-04 09:53:09 AM)

I can't wait for this game.. I've been an iD fan since my dad had a DOS box downstairs for work. God, I played so much Doom. I had Wolfenstein 3D too, but I always liked Doom more.

I think iD genuinely cares about the customer, and that's why they always pour so much work into their projects.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 23 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-26-04 12:47:27 PM)

I've been playing a bunch of UT2K4 games with TPC and he's on MSN a lot.
Push the envelope
Watch it bend
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 24 of 35 (Originally posted on: 07-26-04 06:31:08 PM)

Hahahahah! A fake link! Boy, you sure pranked me there! What a humourous and clever fellow you are!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4850 | Total Posts: 35 ]