Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Throw Away Your Condoms > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3771 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
(Originally posted on: 07-13-04 01:33:34 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Abstinence is the answer!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3885629.stm

The president believes it, so it has to be true...
Quoted from the article:
The Bush administration advocates sexual abstinence as the best way to stop the disease spreading...The administration has a stipulation that 30% of US anti-Aids funds go through faith-based organisations (which do not support the use of condoms).

God knows, telling young people not to have sex has worked wonders in the past. Just ask the Pope. omg yah rite fag lol

Quoted from someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about, US Congresswoman Barbara Lee:
"In an age where five million people are newly infected each year, and women and girls too often do not have the choice to abstain, an abstinence-until-marriage programme is not only irresponsible, it's really inhumane."

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
-Denis Diderot
This reply was last edited on 07-13-04 01:54:05 PM by Dante.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:00:01 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What do you expect when borderline fundies control the government? At times I wish the UN were more powerful on its own, so it could slap the US upside its metaphorical head.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science."
-Albert Einstein

"Man is but a reed, the weakest in nature, but he is a thinking reed."
-Blaise Pascal

An eye for an eye has left the world blind.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:07:18 PM)

Abstinence?!

Now you tell me!
Champagne for my real friends; real pain for my sham friends.
sobriquet
GHEY SO-CAL METRO fuck demi instead I know I would

Ballkicks: (+15 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:09:22 PM)

reminds me of this part in the da vinci code that discusses how sex went from a celebration of life to a bad thing.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:21:27 PM)

are you people actually disputing that abstinence is the best way to avoid std's?
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:24:10 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
are you people actually disputing that abstinence is the best way to avoid std's?

no, they are disbuting it as the least believable alternative.

You can't stop the natural horniness
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:27:09 PM)

No. I'm saying that recommending abstinence, while denying the delivery of condoms to African countries, is a completely inaffective way to go about stopping AIDS.

The problem is ignorance, not abstinence.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
-Denis Diderot
jimmy

Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:27:55 PM)

so, instead of massive anti-smoking campaigns; should we be focusing on a device that prevents cancer for 95% of the people who use it? no one seems to care that they're being told to not smoke. what's the difference in being told to not fuck?
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:30:25 PM)

omg yah rite fag lol All they need to do is shoot everyone in America with HIV. Or, ship them off to a small island in the Pacific, and call it "AIDSTOPIA"
sobriquet

Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:31:17 PM)

The argument isn't if abstinence isn't the best method. However, to assume everyone on the planet is going to abstain from sex before marriage is infinitely wishful thinking. People will have sex before marriage, it's just a fact of life. A wide majority will, and I'm pretty sure the argument is that the governments should play too the majority and teach safe sex alongside no sex.
sobriquet

Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:32:59 PM)

so, instead of massive anti-smoking campaigns; should we be focusing on a device that prevents cancer for 95% of the people who use it? no one seems to care that they're being told to not smoke. what's the difference in being told to not fuck?

exactly, people will do it no matter how much the government tells them not too. they might as well make it safer.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 02:43:37 PM)

Except that's it's proven that anti-smoking campaigns reduce smoking. Anti-sex campaigns increase sex, STDs and teen pregnancies. Look at countries like Germany, France and The Netherlands. They promote safe sex and have much better sexual education than the United States. The rate of teen pregnancies, abortions and STD transmission in those countries are also 9 times less than that of the United States.

The whole "sex is taboo and dirty, abstinence++" mentality is just unhealthy for this country.
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 03:08:56 PM)

Quote:

And what an analogy!!!

Comparing something which kills up to 2/3's of its users, with sex, something which in 99.99999% of cases WON'T KILL YOU!

How about promoting sexual KNOWLEDGE, or perhaps testing, or safe sex combined with those two!

Smoking is entirely unnecessary, and a bad habit. Sexual expression is hard-wired into our brains.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 04:30:20 PM)

abstinence is effective sure...for the few people who want to NOT have sex. it's not that it isn't effective, it's that PEOPLE LIKE TO BONE.

but its not like jimmy=idiot is news, either.
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 06:48:45 PM)

Quoted from sobriquet:
reminds me of this part in the da vinci code that discusses how sex went from a celebration of life to a bad thing

The sex rite, Hieros Gamos.
Yea, sex used to be regarded as the divine communion... a method of communicating with God and creating life.

Damned Constantine... the romans fucked everything up.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 06:51:06 PM)

I choose abstinence by force, not by volunteer MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

fake edit: I also agree with Tazzo. AIDSTOPIA sounds like a hot vacation spot.
No.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 07:05:01 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:

Betcha it's easy to get laid there.
Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
The pen is mightier than the sword.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 07:20:13 PM)

You know what's really cool? Pointing out everything the Bush administration does!! cuz its not liek we didnt expect him too.
*** Sandamnit has changed the topic on channel #intl to <EpiLimiC> hey antpocas, are you gay? | <antpocas> sometimes... who's asking?
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 07:43:48 PM)

Quoted from uselessinformation:
Quoted from Sandamnit:

Betcha it's easy to get laid there.

That is if the person isn't too dead to keep up with your rhythm.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 08:50:20 PM)

Condoms and abstinence are taught to kids at such a young age they both seem lame...seeing as the advice is coming from adults. Clearly there needs to be a cartoon duo staring a 13 year old devoted christian and a giant talking condom.
jimmy

Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 09:51:27 PM)

i'd like to see the "proof" that anti-smoking campaigns decrease smokers, and that anti-sex campaigns increase sexual activity.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 10:12:05 PM)

i'd like to see the "proof" that anti-smoking campaigns decrease smokers, and that anti-sex campaigns increase sexual activity.

http://www.gaspforair.org/gasp/gedc/artcl-new.php?ID=105

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/factsheet/fsest.htm
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
jimmy

Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 11:28:15 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
abstinence is effective sure...for the few people who want to NOT have sex. it's not that it isn't effective, it's that PEOPLE LIKE TO BONE.

hey retard, some people (your fucking tool of a boyfriend) like to smoke, too...EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THERE IS A RISK FOR CANCER. pull your head out of your fat, saggy ass.

for all you people saying that the administration is retarded for promoting the only 100% certain way to remain free of STD's, take a look at the people who get the disease instead of the people trying to stop it. it's the fucking tool who throws caution to the wind and fucks 9 girls unprotected that needs to be ridiculed, not the people telling him how he can NEVER EVER have to worry about it. if sex with someone you trust is too hard for you to come by, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. you want to take your chances and wind up with the clap, that's great. don't make fun of the people who are trying to help you, then.
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 11:40:41 PM)

Quoted from kayte:

hey retard, some people (your fucking tool of a boyfriend) like to smoke, too...EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THERE IS A RISK FOR CANCER. pull your head out of your fat, saggy ass.

for all you people saying that the administration is retarded for promoting the only 100% certain way to remain free of STD's, take a look at the people who get the disease instead of the people trying to stop it. it's the fucking tool who throws caution to the wind and fucks 9 girls unprotected that needs to be ridiculed, not the people telling him how he can NEVER EVER have to worry about it. if sex with someone you trust is too hard for you to come by, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. you want to take your chances and wind up with the clap, that's great. don't make fun of the people who are trying to help you, then.

Drinking seawater will keep you from dehydrating if you do it correctly, but some people would rather die of thirst.
jimmy

Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 07-13-04 11:42:58 PM)

i'm not sure if this is meant to counter or support my statement. the point is that *sometimes* doing what feels good (unprotected sex with a stranger, nicotine buzz) can have negative effects. sometimes, what's good for you in the long run isn't the most pleasant solution. the more this generation understands that you can't just do whatever feels good and expect to live to be 100, the better off they'll be.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3771 | Total Posts: 53 ]