Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What would happen to INTL if I died? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2632 | Total Posts: 28 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 07-10-04 03:29:06 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm just curious as to what you all think would happen to INTL if I were to die or somehow got amnesia or something equally absurd.

What do you think would happen to INTL?

Would anyone take over paying the bills for INTL?

How would you feel about INTL if it were completely run by someone else?

If you were to take over, what would you change, if anything?

Would anyone really care if I died?

If no one took over the primary responsibility of paying the bills, would you pitch in to help raise the money to run the site?

I'm just curious about all this. Please try to answer honestly, you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings.
No.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 1 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 03:34:48 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm not sure anyone could keep up the work that you put into this. I'm also not sure of the programming skills of the people here, so this may also be the last version of INTL too.

I don't know if I'd donate more. On the one hand I'd like to see this place live on. On the other, I'm not sure I'd want to put money forward to what might be a dying cause.

As long as it were run well, I don't think it'd be too horribly different.

I'd care MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Depends how my next job interview pans out.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"On it's own this banana pudding is almost palatable. But without Nilla waffers it's just another one of your wretched culinary abortions! *crash* NOW CLEAN IT UP!"
- Stewie
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 03:44:09 AM)

I'm not sure how one would go about taking over paying the bills. It seems to me that there would be a few people who would be willing to do that, but I just don't really understand how they could pay for the bills when you're the one being billed.

I remember, back when we thought INTL was going to be shut down, that Mingan said that he could manage forum code, and I think NNY (not sure about this one) even set up a server.
>>a great deal of resentment.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 3 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 04:04:06 AM)

well, if you were to die suddenly, i think it would take a while for anyone to notice, unless someone like dramamine found out and told the forum. if she didn't find out, i'm sure intl would just disappear and no one would know why.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 4 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 04:08:27 AM)

Ice: Sanity Overdrive, I believe. It was okay, but not as great as INTL.

I guess I might as well, for the heck of it:

Quote:

It would likely stay on, if somebody could keep it up. If you died, someone close to you, likely Dramamine or WI would probably tell the forum very soon, so there wouldn't be much of a delay in finding out. Most people here have grown close. I would expect someone would likely make another forum if this one couldn't survive, or just move to IRC full-time.

Quote:

Quite a few would probably offer, though I'm not sure how someone would take over. Like Ice said, you'd have to set up a system where it would pass into their name.

Quote:

I would feel different, considering it is your work, and it seems only appropriate that people in general would feel different. Despite the numerous other admins, you're the creator, and it wouldn't be the same. The person taking over would lead it differently, and they'd run it differently.

Quote:

If I, well, I highly doubt I'd ever take it over.:monocle: That job would probably go to someone who is an admin and doesn't feel awkward using paypal or paying over the internet.LOL IM SUCH A FAG!! I probably wouldn't change much if anything, unless events (dramarama) arose where I needed to change rules or such. Perhaps I'd recruit people who could do advanced PHP work, as I'm not that acute in it, (which would be another reason I'd probably not take over), in case any bugs needed to be fixed, or additions are requested to be added. Overall, I don't think the current forum community would last if I ran INTL. I'm not really that funny, nor do I have the charisma you, and the rest of the Admins, seem to have. Nor am I you in general, or any of your admins, Sandy.

Quote:

I would, despite how corny that may sound. I'm not that great with absolutely fully commiting to the internet like I do offline, despite the jobs I do on it. I know one day it will disappear, and unlike books, there probably won't be remnents of it. However, I've gotten to know you, and I would care if you die. I'm pretty sure most INTL people would care if you died, or infact if anyone they knew well online died.

Quote:
If no one took over the primary responsibility of paying the bills, would you pitch in to help raise the money to run the site?

I'd likely get over the awkwardness of paying over the internet, and eventually put in some money, even if it is a dying cause. I already risk money on stocks, and on numerous other ventures, why not on the absolute survival of a forum I visit?

If I may ask, what drove your curiosity about this?
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 5 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 06:46:25 AM)

ITT you MSPaint Jeffs funeral

I'm sure someone would.

Depends on who it is. For instance, if it were someone like Mingan, it'd be cool...if it was me, I'd be outraged and never post again.

I'd be outraged and never post again.

Poodle

Not really...maybe a little.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 6 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 08:36:18 AM)

id try to at least help with the bills. but how would we know you died, at least before everything went down from non-payment? i guess sarah or somebody would find out soon enough.

if id be cool with someone else in charge depends entirely on who it is. of the current administrators brad is the one id prefer being promoted to Fearless Leader status.

sanity overdrive sucked because it was some lame ass freeboard, we never finished making the real thing. its still on my computer, with the server ready to go incase of some untimely disaster.

id care if you died, i think you're [img-kick'n rad].
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"if you mention john lennon again, i'm hunting you down" -- Drahnier[/w]

Tits are a tease, and fun to squeeze, but babies need them too!

[w]Drink the night away
Joel and Katii get it on
Drinking all night long
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 7 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 10:07:03 AM)

I have dibs on Jeff's guns.

I'd help out and pay the costs, but I am nowhere near capable enough to code a site like this.
"She had dyed red hair, a forest green dress, and a pair of kitchen knives. She was the last time I ever saw a rose."
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 8 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 10:32:03 AM)

The first ever mass-INTL meet would occur at your wake MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I'd bet someone would at least be the guy to mail in the checks, you know.

It'd be a lot to get used to, honestly. I probably wouldn't post much toward the beginning, then I'd slowly be sucked back into the addictive nature that is forumming.

I can't even fathom that.

Sure MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I would. I mean, I plan on donating a bit after I get a job secured and stuff. I wouldn't stop a flow of donations because you died, or something.
KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 9 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 10:52:08 AM)

It'd probably disappear after awhile. I bet someone would try to take over responsibility, but eventually would give up on it. I'd still come here if it were run by someone else, because if it was someone who had been here awhile, they'd probably keep it mostly the same. But I don't think it'd be quite the same, because for the most part you seem to generously and fairly run INTL, much moreso than I think other people would. Not to mention there would be no one to add cool features. I'd rather you didn't die, but, in reality, it wouldn't have much effect on me or my life. It would disappoint me a good bit, but that's about it, since I don't really know you and I never talk to you or anything. If possible, I would do anything I could to help keep INTL afloat, but it would be hard for me to pitch in money. I think I have like $6 right now (I've been meaning to contribute to INTL for months now, but things keep coming up).
"Extreme Ironing combines the excitement of an extreme sport with the satisfaction of freshly-ironed clothes."
-from 'Extreme Ironing', Wikipedia.org
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 10 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 11:20:12 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I'm just curious as to what you all think would happen to INTL if I were to die or somehow got amnesia or something equally absurd.

I think INTL would have a community exodus to your funeral first, then we'd try to rebuild.

Quote:

At $1000 a year, I can take them over completely, but I'd probably be able to put in about 40 bucks a month.

Quote:

It would depend. I wouldn't want someone who wasn't a good contributing member. Say if Mingan ran the site. That I could "get with." I couldn't however "get with" someone who was a complete idiot running it. As long as the new manager knew their way around INTL, so to speak, it would be fine.

Quote:

I'd be too immersed in my newfound abilities at first. Afterwards, we might have a look at some policies or elitism towards newbies, but not right away.

Quote:

I'd do my best to be at your funeral. So I think it's safe to say I would.

Quote:

All I could.

Please don't die MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
*** Sandamnit has changed the topic on channel #intl to <EpiLimiC> hey antpocas, are you gay? | <antpocas> sometimes... who's asking?
Ballard
INTL Premium Member

Ballkicks: (+162 / -22)
Reply 11 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 11:26:39 AM)

Don't do it Sandamnit, there's some good left in this world!
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 12 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 11:42:44 AM)

Quote:

Honestly, I think it would die. It's nice to say we'd all contribute to save her, but the bitch is just too damned expensive for an age group which primarily consists of middle-class teenagers/early 20's who either already have University/College bills to pay, or soon will.

I'm sure someone or a group of someones would try to put together a replacement. The idea has been done once, and discussed amongst a group of us a few other times.

Quote:

See above. Unless one of the rich kids with uncaring parents did it, I doubt it'd be done.

Quote:

I pretty much echo what's already been said. It all depends on who. Of course, were INTL to survive, I'd feel weird for awhile not seeing your name attached to updates and such.

Quote:

Nothing at first out of respect for your death, except maybe some sort of E-Memorial permanently etched into INTL's Code. After awhile, maybe some small changes to consolidate forums, change around moderation some and such things. Nothing major.

Quote:

I'd imagine those who get their daily dose of forumming from INTL would care a great bit, as well as the rest of us, since the death of someone you know--even online--is rather striking.

Quote:

Again, in all honesty, probably not. I just don't have the cash. With 12 years of University ahead at about 14k a pop, I'm going to be so far in debt I'll be able to chat with the Enron folks, so although I can donate occasionally, I couldn't even help on a monthly basis.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 13 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 11:49:08 AM)

The collective effort of the people here could keep it running, they'd surprise me if they did though.

you're the only one who can answer that, unless the above situation aplies.

probably still the same, unless the person would change a lot about the site and rules.

That depends on how much time I'm willing to put into adapting the INTL php, and how much changes I got inspired to make because of that.

I'd probably juggle some mod positions around, just for fun.

I would prefer you didnt die, or get amnesia or whatever. Really caring is asking too much.

Depends on the person who's running it, like said before, I dont like investing in a lost cause.

Why is everyone mentioning me as the person taking over?
Rock on--ancient queen
Follow those who pale
In your shadow
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 14 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 12:13:07 PM)

I would have to learn the art of the necromancer, and raise your rotten corpse to do coding for eternity

And i'd maybe donate 10$

As long as i got internet connection, i will be around INTL
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 15 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 02:10:32 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:

INTL would probably be thrown into some swirling dark abyss. I would try to help INTL survive any way I could, but I am very financially limited. I don't know how I would feel if it were run by somebody else, it depends on who that somebody else would be.

If I were to take over, not much would happen because everyone would promptly leave.

Probably a similar episode with Nova attempting to make "donut land" on some shitty proboards site would take place if INTL were to shut down on account of Sandy's death. Maybe there would be an influx of INTLers into OD, as there kind of was last time INTL "shut down".

Even if Sandamnit were to die, a lot of people would not believe it until INTL actually physically shut down because of lack of payments from a dead person.
Push the envelope
Watch it bend
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 16 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 03:03:29 PM)

This making me sad.

Everyone would probably collectively chip in whenever. Or it could die.

I'd try and fail miserably. See last question.

Like everyone said, it depends on the person. Mingan? Yes. Boo? God no.

I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of power. I'd pass it onto someone else with better judgement. Brad or FA, most likely.

I would. It's like the death of my overlord, except my overlord is cool.

I definitely would.

Quoted from Chimp:
Please don't die MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I never moved a muscle when you came down.
:The Green Knight

Oh bleed, poor country!

Shoobies go home.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 17 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 03:39:18 PM)

Well for once everyone would be united in one sort of feeling. Even if people don't specifically care for you, they'd respect what you did/do for the forum and feel bad about that. Though I don't know who those people would be. If the forum was kept up, I think posting wouldn't be hindered too much, as there would be background forumers finally coming into action to discuss the issue and provide condolences, surely.

I have no idea, I couldn't, I can barely pay rent. But if someone could, but barely, I might find a way to pay a few dollars a month, and maybe work to give more in the future. If you specifically said "Danielle I give this responsibility" then I guess I'd have to sell myself on the street because I would respect your wishes after you were dead. Thinking like this is weird.

Totally depends on the person and what they would do. Maybe new fresh ideas could help, maybe someone would get power happy and ruin the forum, who knows. It would be interesting to see anyway. I am more than satisfied with how it's being run now, though, so if admin team that are in power now were in power, then that'd be fine.

Well, I like to think that I'd go powerhungry psychobitch and ban anyone I think is a negative effect on INTL, like I guess Boo, not really people like Surt because, though he's negative, he is overall somewhat funny. But realistically, since I would have the responsibility of the forum on my hands I'd feel compelled to make the responsible decisions, and only ban if it seems necessary. Though I'd probably watch like a hawk those who aren't in my favour to wait for them to slip out of line.
I don't know if I'd change anything, as I said I like it around here. The one thing I would definitely do is make it so people can get voted out of RS. As in, if they're horrible, the mod of RS at the time can vote for them to be voted out of RS. Because a lot of people shit up the place, y'know? So I'd make it so the people who were voted out either couldn't view or couldn't post there.

Oh Jeff MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

With the means, I certainly would.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 18 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 04:23:04 PM)

Let's face it, if Jeff died the forums would turn into a memorial for him for a little while...someone would try to kick it back up but like a star its light would gradually fade until nothing is left. A new star would be born and we'd all hang out there until the founder died. Repeat process until we're all 60 something and empty inside.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-10-04 04:53:18 PM)

I think it would die after a few weak attempts to keep it running.

At first, probably. In the long run, I don't think so.

Well, it'd be different, but if it indeed survived I guess everybody would eventually adapt and it wouldn't be very different after all.

I have no idea. I'm too lazy to even think about this.

I think so. It's quite a shock when someone you know dies, even if you only know that person because of the internet.

I wouldn't count on that.
-Ne con ic noht singan
-Hwre u meaht singan
Menion
INTL Premium Member
Regular

Man-Onions

Ballkicks: (+122 / -35)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 20 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-11-04 12:52:41 AM)

Best guess is that it would keep rolling for a little while and then sputter out and die.
Then one of the big wigs would create a new site called interestingnonethemore

Depends on how the billing company found out who the new person was.

I probably wouldn't notice, considering I haven't been paying much attention.

I wouldn't deliberatly change anything, but if I took over, I'm sure the site would rot and die all the faster.

Count on it.

I already did kekeke u give soj???
So, yea

(I'm kinda late, but meh)
meh, so what's your point...
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 21 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-11-04 02:57:34 AM)

It would probably die after a few months. I'd try and take over, but I have no money. NNY and Mingan would probably ressurect Sanity Overdrive or something.

The only people I can see doing that are Mirthalac or Brad.

Depends on who it was. If it was somebody like Jota, I'd probably hate it. If it was somebody like Brad, I wouldn't mind.

I'd change the name to "Flaming Arrow presents a Flaming Arrow forum, The Flaming Arrow Extravaganza."

I would. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

As much as I could (read: not at all lol).
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
Taylor

Ballkicks: (+1 / -8)
Reply 22 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-11-04 03:20:50 AM)

I say quit bitchin cause the real question is who's going to run it and take care of it when you go to Iraq so just think about that. You should have stayed in your cage.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 23 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-11-04 10:28:44 AM)

for the record, id rather keep INTL alive than bring back my own forum. i wouldnt use jeffs demise as a way to launch SO again unless INTL somehow couldnt be kept up.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"if you mention john lennon again, i'm hunting you down" -- Drahnier[/w]

Tits are a tease, and fun to squeeze, but babies need them too!

[w]Drink the night away
Joel and Katii get it on
Drinking all night long
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 24 of 28 (Originally posted on: 07-11-04 02:03:25 PM)

To make it short and sweet, I kinda think that if you died, INTL would die along with you. *sigh*
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2632 | Total Posts: 28 ]