Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Soon I'll Be Living On My Own (With kayte) - All For the Better > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 5727 | Total Posts: 59 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:20:51 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've finally realized something about my family. They're great people, and they've always been so good to me, but they're fucking lame. It's time to make my own money, get my own car, and live the way I want to live.

I can't take the family car to parties, and my parents discourage me from drinking, making me feel guilty about partying. I have to sneak around to smoke weed. When kayte comes home we have to sleep in separete beds. I just found out that kayte can't come down and sleep over at my camp. Aparently my grandmother wouldn't approve of girls staying out at my camp. That was the final stray that made me give up.

See usually I'd rant and rave about my parents, and get mad at them, but what's the use? I might as well get along with them for the final months that I'll be living here, and accept that they're not hip with the new generation (or even their own generation). If I want any kind of financial aid from my parents in the future (so I can acutally live the good party life that I want to live), I'd better be nice to them now. They do so much for me so it's hard to bitch about how they've lamified my life.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:22:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What does your grandmother have to do with it?
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 2 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:27:41 PM)

Oh shit, you have to sneak around to smoke pot???!?!?! Wow your parents are really uptight if they aren't letting you do illegal drugs around them. I mean, christ. omg yah rite fag lol
I used to think life made sense until I started losing brain cells.
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 3 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:34:23 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
What does your grandmother have to do with it?

It's my whole family that shares these views.

Quoted from EscalatorToHell:
Oh shit, you have to sneak around to smoke pot???!?!?! Wow your parents are really uptight if they aren't letting you do illegal drugs around them. I mean, christ. omg yah rite fag lol

I mean it would be easier to sneak around if they didn't sleep with one eye open because of the baby.

It's not just them, it's the circumstances of having a baby in the house too which I forgot to mention.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 4 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:35:11 PM)

You're smoking pot around a baby?
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 5 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:38:11 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
You're smoking pot around a baby?

I smoke outside, she's inside. Getting outside is a challenge though if they're half awake.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 6 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 04:40:35 PM)

Quoted from Coca-Cola:
It's time to make my own money, get my own car, and live the way I want to live.

Sometimes parents try to do the right thing and protect you from bad influences, but there comes a point in your life when you're too old for that, and you should be allowed to go out and make your own mistakes. I can understand your parents not wanting you and Kayte in the same bed under their roof, but your grandmother not allowing her to come to the camp is crossing the line.

Good luck winning your independence.
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 05:08:05 PM)

Be sure to get a house somewhere where the internet doesn't exist.
>>a great deal of resentment.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 8 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 05:13:31 PM)

Living with your girlfriend is kind of a bad idea.

Furthermore, moving out is a good idea, it'll be important for you, you need the freedom, altogether it's a good move.
Witty Tirade: to be fair I'd let brittany give me a rimjob.
This reply was last edited on 07-01-04 05:55:20 PM by peach.
etymxris
INTL Developer

JUST AS PLANNED

Ballkicks: (+179 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 9 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 05:38:42 PM)

Yeah, moving out will be a good idea. But make sure you have the financial security for it. Living with one's parents is usually a good way to save up money, so I would try to do a bit of that first. My advice is to get financially secure and buy a car first, before worrying about moving out.

And as you already alluded, it's a terrible idea to burn bridges. You'll probably need your parents help again in the near future.

Good luck.
http://clevernothing.org
Erags

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a

Ballkicks: (+171 / -112)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 10 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 05:59:04 PM)

Quoted from EscalatorToHell:
He's what, twenty something? If his parents are trying to control his decisions at this point, they must either be really anti-drug, or yes, uptight.
pool party baby,
it was a cool party.
cool pool party..
falalala!
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 11 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 06:02:49 PM)

Erags what kind of parents do you have? If I even alluded to smoking pot around my parents I'd get a long speech and they might not even talk to me for awhile. If they caught me smoking pot in their house it would seem like a huge action of disrespect and they'd probably kick me out immediately.
Witty Tirade: to be fair I'd let brittany give me a rimjob.
Erags

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a

Ballkicks: (+171 / -112)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 12 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 06:11:19 PM)

Quoted from peach:
Erags what kind of parents do you have? If I even alluded to smoking pot around my parents I'd get a long speech and they might not even talk to me for awhile. If they caught me smoking pot in their house it would seem like a huge action of disrespect and they'd probably kick me out immediately.
I have really, really lenient parents. I'm going to stop talking now, cause any sort of conversation about being old and moving out that I try and participate in usually makes me look dumb.
pool party baby,
it was a cool party.
cool pool party..
falalala!
bother

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+108 / -25)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 13 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 06:27:01 PM)

if your parents give you money now for no reason then you have nothing to complain about. how old are you anyway? do you have a job or go to college?
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 14 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 06:41:45 PM)

I have two jobs but I got kicked out of university. Things are going mediocre for me right now, and I just want to lay low for a while, figure things out for myself, and figure out what route I want to take with continuing my education.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 15 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 07:14:09 PM)

Quoted from peach:

My mother is an old hippie, and I wouldn't be surprised to come home and find her smoking pot one day. She has told me about her days in the sixties, when she grew huge amounts of the stuff in her toolshed. She brags about how her plants were five feet tall. We still had the whole bullshit 'anti-drug' conversation, but I can tell she doesn't really care if I do it or not, and she's certainly no role model based on her stories.

Then again, she has never caught me smoking, so I can't tell for sure how she would react.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
-Denis Diderot
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 16 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 08:13:37 PM)

I must be the only person on the planet that gets high with their mom.
"That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, I was going to write about how I was going to take away women's right to vote, but that one is pretty obvious since nobody wants women to vote, except for women, and they don't count. - Maddox"
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 17 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 08:53:09 PM)

This is going to be one hell of a boring forum drama 6 months from now...
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 18 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 08:54:10 PM)

Maybe you should, I dunno, quit smoking pot, Coca-Cola.
Zippo279: I told IF0 that I had a sex dream about him, but that was a lie.
Zippo279: Because he was in one of those "I'm feeling sorry for myself" moods and I wanted to shut him up.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Ive ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 19 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 09:01:51 PM)

Quoted from Tartarus:
This is going to be one hell of a boring forum drama 6 months from now...
It will get more exciting 9 months from now.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 20 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 10:09:56 PM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:

My sentiments exactly.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 21 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 10:17:06 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
I must be the only person on the planet that gets high with their mom.
Wrong. Not anymore, of course.

Also, moving out because you want individuality, independence, and separation from your parents is fine, to an extent. However, you're justifying this because you can't smoke pot liberally and sleep (aka "have sex") with your girlfriend in your parents house? Those are not the right reasons for moving out on your own.

Let me ask you something. How many hours do you work a week and how much do you make each month? How much is rent going to cost you? Utilities? How are you going to pay for food? Gas money? How far are you going to be from where you work? Are you going to school right now? If so, are you sure you're going to have time to study and work to pay the bills? What about Kayte? How much does she work? How much does she make? Does she have her own car?

Reality check time. Living on your own isn't all that great, unless you're financially stable; otherwise, you'll end up living paycheck to paycheck, but HEY! You'll get to smoke pot and fuck Kayte whenever you want, you know, until you miss your rent payment and get evicted or get kicked out because your place smells like pot smoke and cum.

Oh well, good luck.
No.
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 22 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 10:17:35 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
Quoted from Flaming Arrow:

My sentiments exactly.

Oh no. He definetly should start smoking it MORE and IN FRONT OF A BABY
I used to think life made sense until I started losing brain cells.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 23 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-01-04 10:18:50 PM)

I bet he's blown the pot smoke out in the house at least once.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 24 of 59 (Originally posted on: 07-02-04 01:55:32 AM)

Quoted from Dante:
Quoted from peach:

My mother is an old hippie, and I wouldn't be surprised to come home and find her smoking pot one day. She has told me about her days in the sixties, when she grew huge amounts of the stuff in her toolshed. She brags about how her plants were five feet tall. We still had the whole bullshit 'anti-drug' conversation, but I can tell she doesn't really care if I do it or not, and she's certainly no role model based on her stories.

Then again, she has never caught me smoking, so I can't tell for sure how she would react.

*shrug* Nates Mom (arnok's mom) smoked pot off and on, not regularly, but she was hippyish.

I know it's not impossible for that to happen, but maybe it's just me growing up in a small town assuming that MOST of the parents in the world don't smoke pot or don't suppor t their children smoking pot.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5727 | Total Posts: 59 ]