Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Let's get this war machine fired up: Ronald Reagan-Themed AOK:TC, Saturday 8 p.m. EDT [GAME OVER: POST-GAME SUNDAY NIGHT] > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4003 | Total Posts: 54 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
(Originally posted on: 06-11-04 04:30:49 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Friday, June 11, 2004

Following last week's ridiculous success of a D-Day AOK:TC theme game comes a second stupid computer game thing.

WHEN

The game will take place on Saturday, June 12, 2004 somewhere between the hours of 8 and 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The Conquerors Expansion and the latest 1.0c patch are required to play.

At 8 p.m., an IP will be posted for players to connect to. Once we have eight players who are capable of connecting, the game will begin.

To ensure your position, please either visit the #INTL IRC chat, message me at "Witty Tirade" on the AOL, or read this thread for updates at 8 p.m.

THE THEME

To honour the death of our glorious leader (for whom half of North America is currently in the process of being renamed), this week's theme is Reagan is Dead: Long Live Reagan.

In this game, players will get a chance to warp back to the political field of the 80s, when the Soviet Union was on life support, Reagan administration officials took out classifieds for in Nicoraguan dailies for Pershing IIs, Iran and Iraq were a closed circuit of violence harmless to those on the outside (unless you were a diplomat, of course), and back at home, it was always morning in America with a sunny Japanese flag flying over every factory. What a wonderful time to be alive! To be in love! Preferably with a celebrity who wants you to shoot the president so you'll have a chance to shoot from your other gun into her hot, Taxi Driver-starring-in woman-hole.

THE (POWER) PLAYERS

As a player in the stock market of Reaganomics, you can choose to come as one of the following:

- Ronald Reagan: Crazy, optimistic, film-starring-in, Alzheimer-striken chief exec. Buzzterms: morning in America, evil empire, Star Wars, tear down wall. (preferably someone truly funny, i.e. FA or me, should be Reagan)
- Nancy Reagan: His pro-stem-cell-research first lady, who hates drugs hardcore.
- George Bush: "Read my lips" ex-CIA-guy VP.
- Jimmy Carter: Folksy peanut-picking, high-gas-price-causing, hostage-rescue-botching predecessor.
- Oliver North: Iran-Contra fallguy. Remember Iran-Contra? I do. He also had a show on MSNBC or something.
- MikhaiGorbachev: Soviet premier. Supporter of perestroika and glastnost, which severely cut down on the number of sack-electrocutions perpetrated by the Evil Empire.
- The Ayatollah: Crazy hostage-taking, jihad-declaring, Iraq-invading Moslem fundamentalist wiseguy. [has to be Persians]
- Saddam Hussein: We gave him weapons to fight Iran. Translation: "Give me 1000 food Reagan and ally me, I'll kill Ayatollah... wtf Bush why are you attacking???" [has to be Arab civ]
- John Hinckley: He shot Reagan in 1981 because he was in love with Jodie Foster and wanted her to notice him. Heck, and all I had to do was buy Vervet a bottle of Parrot Bay.

Note on civ restrictions: There will be no blanket mandatory civ restrictions on this game, excepting the ones already mentioned. However, it might be strange to have Reagan as the Saracens, George Bush as the Mongols, etc. So please select your civilization wisely.

Note on character limit: There is a 15-character limit on player names. This will only affect Mikhail Gorbachev in this game.

WHO MAY PLAY

There will be no space reservations in this game. Everyone at the INTL is invited to connect to tonight's game. Simply connect to the IP when it is posted or given to you.

If you find the game full, please post in this thread, contact me on AOL, and wait online. Space may be opened before launch.

SPSW players will be invited to this game as well.

SETTINGS

Regicide, Last Man Standing, RM. Intial teams:

1. Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan, George Bush, Oliver North (the Reagan administration)
2. The Ayatollah, Saddam Hussein, Mikhail Gorbachev (hostile foreign-types)
3. John Hinkley and Jimmy Carter (hostile domestic-types)

Map will be discussed within the game.

POLICY ON NAME RESERVATIONS

All name reservations must be made below. Reservations will be upheld through an honor system with other players. Host will not be able to honor individual reservations due to the anonymity factor.

Also, for the benefit of us all, please defer to players who are obviously funnier than you. (For example, if you're some new guy loser who wants to play a fun internet AOK:TC game, don't try to keep a name from, say, Flaming Arrow, who could obviously utilize it much better than your sorry ass could.)

To determine whether or not you are deserving of a name, please refer to this helpful chart:

GL HFA

no rush til 1987 no missiles in europe no outsourcing no bs wtf u.s. has too many vills i cant compete fux :-(
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
This reply was last edited on 06-12-04 09:13:43 PM by New Emp.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 1 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 04:49:50 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I want to play tonight aswell.
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 2 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 04:53:49 PM)

If enough people are on at 8 p.m. or so tonight, we can do a game with whomever we have.
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 3 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 05:22:00 PM)

I'm going to have to find my AoK disc. If I do, I'm in.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 05:50:23 PM)

I'll play tomorrow. Let me play a pacifist, though, because I'm pretty terrible.
"Survival of the fittest... and we've got the fucking gun!"-Pi
"I used to be Beaver Cleaver, but now I'm Edith Bunker."-ToTE
Theatre on the Edge
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Reply 5 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 06:32:29 PM)

Quoted from New Emp:
If enough people are on at 8 p.m. or so tonight, we can do a game with whomever we have.

Any theme?
<Trfzt> rim?
<kita> urgh.
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 6 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 07:31:42 PM)

I guess not.

Preliminary game now: 24.94.113.161
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 09:37:58 PM)

Quoted from New Emp:
I guess not.

That turned out okay.

I have pictures, but I'm too lazy to upload them. I wrote the word "fuck" in palisades. I'm so edgy.
feathers

I think I'm an individual but I'm just like every other fucking idiot. ALSO HIPPIE

Ballkicks: (+23 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 8 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 09:44:55 PM)

Well, I'm pretty bad at TC, and I'm not very funny. We'll see what goes on.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Reply 9 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 09:55:24 PM)

Surprise surprise, I owned them again. 3v1, and I didn't just hold them off, I teased with their minds.
<Trfzt> rim?
<kita> urgh.
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 10 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 09:58:40 PM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
Quoted from New Emp:
I guess not.

That turned out okay.

I have pictures, but I'm too lazy to upload them. I wrote the word "fuck" in palisades. I'm so edgy.

It was a 2v2 FFA, byc and I against Kita and Brad at start. The map turned out to be migration (shitty) and I got Huns. (no houses = convenient)

Byc and I took the island, and we expelled Kita from it, then Byc razed Kita's island. Then I realized it was FFA and not teams, so Byc and I turned on each other, and he ended up taking the island since he was the prudent ant who worked hard and saved his gold and I was the wastrel grasshopper who spent his time watching FoxNews and trying to scam welfare.

Kita returned to his island, Byc razed mine and Brad's. Brad was knocked out of the game, I stuck it out with Kita on his island (rebuilt with a castle and walls). Then Byc came and destroyed it.

Highlights:

- I build a lot of Hussars
- Kita's island fortress
- Kita writing "fuck" with palisades (the "K" is crooked though)
- I build Demolition Ships
- The big island in the middle kind of looks like a big "X." Also there are trade carts.
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Reply 11 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 10:02:20 PM)

Quote:
Also there are trade carts.

I had 51 at the high point. I also had all 5 relics, but would ungarrison one of them when the counter got close.
Quote:
Then I realized it was FFA and not teams,

I told you it was last man standing, and gave you the "honor" of declaring war on me first.

Quote:
Then Byc came and destroyed it.

With about 40 champs, although I was Franks.
<Trfzt> rim?
<kita> urgh.
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 12 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 10:15:26 PM)

Quoted from byc:
Quote:
Also there are trade carts.

I had 51 at the high point. I also had all 5 relics, but would ungarrison one of them when the counter got close.
Quote:
Then I realized it was FFA and not teams,

I told you it was last man standing, and gave you the "honor" of declaring war on me first.

Quote:
Then Byc came and destroyed it.

With about 40 champs, although I was Franks.

FINE YOU'RE GOOD AT AOK WE GET IT STOP BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR MASSIVE PENIS BYC
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Reply 13 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 10:28:38 PM)

I'm still included in the festivities tomorrow, I hope.
<Trfzt> rim?
<kita> urgh.
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 14 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 10:30:35 PM)

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to tomorrow night's game.

Dibs on Gorbachev or Reagan, depends on whoever Emp picks.
Yeah you know if the owner of this website got the isp number all the person has to do is to report to the isp provider of the poster who is doing that and they can find out who it is.

Then charges can be brought. The FBI will get involved.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 15 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-11-04 10:34:07 PM)

I'll try to make it if there's room. Haven't played AoK for a while, and I am willing to go back to my roots for a game or two.

Teutons own all.
Yeah...
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 16 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 01:11:09 AM)

i'll be the ayatollah if i make it.

and no they don't.
Samson

The Sadducee Strangler

Ballkicks: (+43 / -27)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 17 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 05:59:32 AM)

Just wondering what vers. of Aok:TC you guys are running...

EDIT: okay, actually read thing.
This reply was last edited on 06-12-04 07:09:38 AM by Samson.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Reply 18 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 02:49:49 PM)

If anyone wants to play before this game, just send me a message.
<Trfzt> rim?
<kita> urgh.
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 19 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 02:56:09 PM)

Emp doesn't want me to be Reagan as he's convinced I'll get wiped out in the first ten minutes. He's right, of course.

So I guess I'll take Gorbachev.
Yeah you know if the owner of this website got the isp number all the person has to do is to report to the isp provider of the poster who is doing that and they can find out who it is.

Then charges can be brought. The FBI will get involved.
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 20 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 03:22:09 PM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
Emp doesn't want me to be Reagan as he's convinced I'll get wiped out in the first ten minutes. He's right, of course.

So I guess I'll take Gorbachev.

I guess that means you have to build a giant wall and then have Reagan tell you to tear it down.
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 21 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 03:26:22 PM)

I thought it was "Gorbatchov".

Edit: I'm pretty sure i'm gonna play tonight.
I thought i should say that so i don't get left out because the game is full and everyone else had reserved a spot, or something.

I really don't think we'll get 8 players though, so it's probably cool.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills and so shall we; indiscriminately. He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms."
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 22 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 03:40:33 PM)

Quoted from anaemic royalty:
I thought it was "Gorbatchov".

Edit: I'm pretty sure i'm gonna play tonight.
I thought i should say that so i don't get left out because the game is full and everyone else had reserved a spot, or something.

I really don't think we'll get 8 players though, so it's probably cool.

It's Mikhail Gorbachev. I am positive about it. Also I might play. I lost the disk and don't have it installed but I might go pick up another copy before tonight.
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 23 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 05:05:41 PM)

Minor 1.5-hr pregame on right now.

Edit: It's over.
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
[New_Emp] squish
This reply was last edited on 06-12-04 06:10:27 PM by New Emp.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 24 of 54 (Originally posted on: 06-12-04 05:49:54 PM)

I'm gonna play, dibs on whatever is left
Females know I exist. No, seriously:
"the universe in my nuts" - Shady Milkman
"you look totally adorable. definately worthy of leg-humping." - PopRocks
"If I weren't a good girl, I would hump your leg. You look very nice." - Skye
"Aww, you're cute." - Mellie
"You look creepy and you're a nerd." - Sarah
"[The eyebrows] are all sculpted and what not. Latino heat!" - Zippo
"If I were a chick and retarded, I'd sleep with you." - Brad
"You are one high, studly hunk, Soccy Depp!" - Sunny
"Why the fuck am I being quoted here?" - Emp
"I could eat Soccy up with a spoon." - Danielle
"Wow, you're really hot in that first pic. You have the whole dangerous hardass sex appeal going." - Drah
"You needs a big heapin' spoonful of Sergio, he heal you up right!" - Sunny
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4003 | Total Posts: 54 ]