Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > MAFIA: City Under Siege (INTL version) Signup/Rules > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4550 | Total Posts: 73 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:11:46 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This will be a basic game so I will just be outline the various roles and rules.

1) The Town: The Town consists of several players, some of which are mafia, some of which are normal townspeople.

2) The Day: During the day, people will discuss items as usual. This can be specific discussion within the thread, or idle wanderings around other threads. Eventually a doubt will creep up, and the evening will fall.

3) The Evening/The Vote: All living members of the town (oh yes, people will end up dead...) will hold a vote as to whom they think is a member of the Mafia. That person is lynched, strung up, and left dangling. The moderator (myself) will then announce what role that person was, letting the town know if they've killed a mafia, one of their own. Lynching will happen at the end of that 24 hours if all votes have not been cast at that point. If the vote is tied (either by all people voting, or a tie at the end of the deadline), the town goes to bed without its bloodlust quenched.

4) The Night/The Murder: At night, the Mafia will confer, decide one person to bump off, and in the morning, that person will lie dead in the town square. The Chief can also present one secret guess to who is and is not mafia. This allows them only to determine the guilt or innocence of one person a day, and he can only hope to sway the lynching vote, as revealing himself too soon will cause the Mafia to come after him.

5) The Roles:

a) The Mafia: There will be 2 crime families in the town, the Seretonia and the Periodo. They know they are in their mafia, and they know everyone else who is in their Mafia. Each night, they conduct a private vote of whom they want dead, PM that vote to the moderator, and it happens. The Mafia win if all the townies, other mafia, serial killer, and the cop have been wiped out, and at least one Member of that mafia is left alive.

b) The Townies: Lamb, sheep... They know only their own innocence, and may end up having to defend that innocence without any backing of evidence. Baa. The town wins when all the Mafia have been lynched.

c) The Chief of Police: Allowed one guess as to whom is in the mafia every night. Can only safely use this information to subtly sway voting. Prime target for a mafia hit, so must remain incognito. The only safe time to reveal yourself as the cop is when they know the one remaining mafia. Wins if the town wins.

c1) The deputy: Replaces the Chief in the event that he dies. Can only suggest names for investigation, will not know the results.

d) The Serial Killer: Kills one person a night, the underdog of the game. He works alone and only wins if he is the last man standing.

e) The Pastor: The leader of the church, can attempt to convert one person a night, that person has a 50% chance of joining the church, unless he is a member of the Mafia, then the chance is 0. If you are a member of the church you are automatically innocent to a lynching, unless, however, you are the Serial killer.

f) The god father: The leader of the Mafia. He appears innocent to any police investigation, however if he dies for any reason, the mafia stays intact.

g) The Snitch: This is a member of the mafia who is secretly working for the towns people, he wins only if the town wins. He can disperse, publicly, the name of any mafia in his mob.

h) The Doctor: Can successfully protect one member of the town a night from a mafia hit or Serial Killer attack.

i) The wombats: They are a select group of townies that can openly share information with each other but no one else. They know who each other are and can help sway the voting, wins only if the town wins.

j) The mayor: The figurehead of the town, townies look up to him for respect and guidance, his lynch vote counts as 2 lynch votes.

6) The Strategy: Don't make yourself a target. Don't act too suspicious. If you seem to know too much as a townie, you're potentially a mafia hit that night. If you act too organized as the mafia, you will be prime for a lynching. It is, in fact, an established strategy for one member of the Family to vote against another to allay suspicion. Just be careful about that vote being the lynch vote.

7) The Death: If you are dead, you are dead. You can post a dying message, but cannot divulge any information after dead, and are on honor not to attempt to secretly sway votes. You're dead, you're out. Yes, someone will have to die in the first night or two, and it might seem random chance, but that's the game.

Also I realized I copyed most of this, but when there's something that works why change it.

The signups are on a first come first serve basis.

After 21 people have successfully signed up I will distribute roles and more detailed information about their parts, and what they have to do, Via Private Message.

Signed up:
Marcher
Boutitben
Guru
Black Faucon
Tartarus
Hessian
Saladin
anaemic royalty
Lovely Insanity
Mr Pixies
danielle
wheezy
cornergraf
Hpotter005
Spongy
Tyr
ice
Frankovich
Aetius

[size=4]Two more spots left.[/size]
"I have nothing but the greatest respect for Christian fundamentalists, because it takes a lot of stamina and dedication to successfully block out all forms of logic and reason for so long." -Lowtax
This reply was last edited on 07-31-02 05:41:48 PM by Salamando.
Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 1 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:13:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm in.

Damn, I've never played with all these roles before. When I played it in real life, there was the mafia, detectives, medics, and townspeople. But this sounds interesting.
This reply was last edited on 07-31-02 01:19:03 PM by Marcher.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:15:54 PM)

*signs up*
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing... - Tool
Guru

Ballkicks: (+66 / -21)
Reply 3 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:24:17 PM)

Count me in.
"And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow." Ecc 1:17-18
Black Faucon
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+1 / -1)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:25:11 PM)

I will be in.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:26:20 PM)

I'll play.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:31:14 PM)

I'm in.
Saladin

Ballkicks: (+13 / -14)
Reply 7 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:39:11 PM)

Sounds good to me. I'm in.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 8 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:41:11 PM)

i'm in

i hope he gives me the role i want
jag offrade mina skor för det gröna ljuset
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reply 9 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:41:17 PM)

Sign me up!

I get special priveleges 'cause it's my birthday, right?
It's mah birthday!! Hurrah!! Sweet 16!
Saladin

Ballkicks: (+13 / -14)
Reply 10 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:45:42 PM)

Quoted from anaemic royalty:
i hope he gives me the role i want

I don't think "Hooker" was one of the options.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reply 11 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:46:36 PM)

Damn! I was going for that one too!
It's mah birthday!! Hurrah!! Sweet 16!
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 12 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 01:50:41 PM)

I'll play.
I now know why doves cry.

peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reply 13 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:10:13 PM)

i'm in
buck futter!
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 14 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:10:22 PM)

I SHALL JOIN AND WIN!
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
cornergraf
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+8 / -3)
Reply 15 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:19:55 PM)

I want to join the fun !!!!
I dont care anymore
Hpotter005
goddamn

Ballkicks: (+3 / -41)
Reply 16 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:24:40 PM)

count me in. this is going to be awesome.
Spongy
I ONCE ATE POOP!

Ballkicks: (+23 / -20)
Reply 17 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:24:55 PM)

I was born to r0x0r this game.
"Fall into me, the sky's crimson tears
Abolish the rules made of stone!"
- Slayer

"Too dead inside
To even know the guilt"
- In Flames
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 18 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:32:01 PM)

C'mon, you NEED an Italian for any kind of game called "Mafia".
"I always breathe normally in a 400 mile-an-hour, uncontrolled vertical dive. I also shit normally. RIGHT IN MY PANTS!!!"-George Carlin
Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reply 19 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:33:06 PM)

Who said the mafia is Italian? Maybe it's the German/Japanese Mafia!
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reply 20 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:34:05 PM)

*gasp*
buck futter!
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 21 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:44:16 PM)

Now you've made me very smashed and upset, Marcher.

*sniffle*
"I always breathe normally in a 400 mile-an-hour, uncontrolled vertical dive. I also shit normally. RIGHT IN MY PANTS!!!"-George Carlin
Hpotter005
goddamn

Ballkicks: (+3 / -41)
Reply 22 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:48:21 PM)

when is this going to start?
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 23 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:51:13 PM)

maybe its the yugoslavian mafia...theyre cool

theyre big in stockholm
jag offrade mina skor för det gröna ljuset
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 24 of 73 (Originally posted on: 07-31-02 02:53:10 PM)

"GURVEN DER MOONAY!"

I dig it.

Sally, it would be kick-ass if you deleted all these posts after the game got started. Eh!?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4550 | Total Posts: 73 ]