Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Would You Like to See Nova Unbanned? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 6207 | Total Posts: 72 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Would you like to see Nova again here at INTL?
This poll has expired.
Yes 25 votes, 46.296%
No 29 votes, 53.704%
Totals: 54 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 05-23-04 06:58:46 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Before you jump on the bandwagon, and respond with a "Hell no" and "he put you up to this, didn't he", just hear me out for I mean this with all sincerity. For those of you that are new, Adam, aka Nova, has been a member of this community for a year and a half now. He has seen a lot on the site in the small amount of time that it has been running. Just take a look at the timeline and you'll see for yourself. Many people have joined, and a few have left. Drama has boiled up from time to time, but has usually been resolved. Many new features have been implemented, the site got faster, and now it even has its own server.

Point being, Adam has also been banned on a number of occasions. Let's review the reasons for which he was banned for a second:

Nova - March 4th - Doing something that a mod said not to
If I remember correctly, this was not a part of the TOS until after he was banned.

Nova - April 8th - Creating a "Goodbye" thread
Others (such as Emp) have done this and they are all back on the site as we speak.

Nova - Sept. 16 - Posting like a dyslexic retard that had their drink spiked with roofies
Can't really blame him for this one as he was extremely intoxicated, and it never happened again so he obviously learned not to drink and post.

Will Smith/Adam - Spamming/repeated failure to use the edit button and instead just make a new post - one week
I wouldn't consider this to be spam; it only happened a couple of times. I've seen many forummers do it.

Nova - purposefully going off-topic/sass - 4 days
This one actually sounds like a legit ban so I can't really argue it.

Nova - one week - told Sally he was unbanned
Actually, he didn't, but people are quick to jump to conclusions without any concrete evidence.

Nova - 1 month - BanMe Tag - Moi.
See above (he may be a repeat offender, but other repeat offenders clearly were forgiven for this).

So you can now see what kind of a time Nova has had. This is not a personal attack on how the staff runs this site, as we can clearly see from day to day what a good job they do to keep it all running smoothly. It's just sad how people would always jump to ban Adam specifically. He hasn't had a fair chance. So why do some hold a grudge? I'm really not sure. If you click below you'll see many examples of his continuous quality posting on this site:

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/forum.php?fid=4&un=Adam&su=

Finally, Adam has been a great internet (or real life) friend to many of us over the years. I've heard many good things about his dedicated presence in the IRC channel, and I'm sure that a lot of you keep in contact with him via MSN/ICQ/AOL. Just some thoughts.

EDIT: And don't forget that it has been many months and Adam has not even attempted to smurf. That's more than can be said about other banned forummers in the past.
This reply was last edited on 05-23-04 07:03:52 PM by Coca-Cola.
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 1 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 07:09:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I would love to help you out Coca-Cola, I think Adam's a wonderful guy, and I love his presence in IRC chats, and I loved his presence at the forums. But it isn't my position to say one way or another what Jeff should do. They're rightfully his forums, and that choice is purely his. And I'm certain that whatever option he selects will be the most prudent choice.

But good luck, my friend(s). i'm a serial-killer :)
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 07:49:32 PM)

Yes. I want him unbanned.

And I think Sandamnit told Sally he was unbanned.
rchif0: pick normal sluts from now on k?
AnIronFish: yeah thanks for the tip big bro
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 07:51:30 PM)

Had the little bastard not asked for a ban and then tried to get past it by smurfing and still lurking in the forums, I'd say yes. But he asked for a ban, then came and tried to get around the thing he asked for, which is.. self-explanatory.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:07:16 PM)

I don't really care one way or the other. But I doubt the admins will unban him.
"Extreme Ironing combines the excitement of an extreme sport with the satisfaction of freshly-ironed clothes."
-from 'Extreme Ironing', Wikipedia.org
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:12:46 PM)

This really needs to end. Everytime he's banned this happens over and over again.
Dedicated to making Ein's expierence at INTL miserable.
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+48 / -41)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:29:07 PM)

I voted No.
I Object to Pirates as Son-in-Laws!
We Object to Major Generals as fathers-in-laws.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:29:25 PM)

Quote:
And don't forget that it has been many months and Adam has not even attempted to smurf. That's more than can be said about other banned forummers in the past.

Yeah, they didn't even attempt to smurf.
>>a great deal of resentment.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 8 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:29:58 PM)

He's given us too many reasons to keep him banned.

edit: and if you keep this up, Daniel, you should be banned too.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 9 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 08:42:25 PM)

Who cares if he posts here? If you don't like what he has to say, see the "ignore user" button. I think it would suck a great deal to be banned from my favorite website and I also think it would be retarded. It doesn't seem to me that he's done anything absolutely horrible. Let the fucker post for chrissake.

p.s. I still don't understand the concept of asking to be banned. If someone could explain this to me, it would be appreciated. If you don't want to come here anymore, don't. That way, if you want to come back in the future, all this is avoided.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 10 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 09:41:55 PM)

Quoted from dramamine:
p.s. I still don't understand the concept of asking to be banned. If someone could explain this to me, it would be appreciated. If you don't want to come here anymore, don't. That way, if you want to come back in the future, all this is avoided.

People ask for bans because usually they think of themselves too addicted to a messageboard to be able to use willpower to stop coming. People often ask for 1 week bans at some forums so they can get messageboards off their minds while they study for exams, or people ask to be perma-banned and such so they can try to get their online persona behind them a live a "real life" and so on. For people with no will-power whatsoever.
Yeah...
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 11 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:01:04 PM)

I like Adam, but his e-melodrama is annoying and kinda creepy. I voted yes, but I don't know. Seems kind of silly.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 12 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:09:38 PM)

everyone who voted yes should be banned, for ironys sake
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will resume in 6 months)
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 13 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:13:48 PM)

the only reason i would vote for nova to come back (which i won't and never will) would be so that we could beat him back down to the point where he would start to hate himself and ask to be banned again.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Reply 14 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:17:51 PM)

Quoted from awkward jimmy:
the only reason i would vote for nova to come back (which i won't and never will) would be so that we could beat him back down to the point where he would start to hate himself and ask to be banned again.
you're fucking stupid, i hope you get hit with an electric baseball bat
cocaine ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| mushrooms | marijuana ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| codeine ||| alcohol ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||| salvia | adderall | HALTED DUE TO PROBATION (will resume in 6 months)
jimmy

Reply 15 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:20:28 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:

i just fucking said that i don't want his ass back here. i think he's a cancer on this site, and i wish coca-cola would quit with the "unban nova" threads. what i was saying (which you obviously didn't seem to grab) was that the only good part about having him back would be the fact that we could rip him to pieces again. i voted "no", cockass.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Reply 16 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:22:08 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:

i just fucking said that i don't want his ass back here. i think he's a cancer on this site, and i wish coca-cola would quit with the "unban nova" threads. what i was saying (which you obviously didn't seem to grab) was that the only good part about having him back would be the fact that we could rip him to pieces again. i voted "no", cockass.
what the FUCK does this have to do with me hating you and wanting you to get struck the fuck down in the most deadly way?

fuck off
jimmy

Reply 17 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:23:45 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:
Quoted from Salamando:

what the FUCK does this have to do with me hating you and wanting you to get struck the fuck down in the most deadly way?

fuck off

pardon me, i was under the assumption that you actually had some sort of reason to post that in this thread. it seems you'd rather de-rail it because you're so distraught about finding out your girlfriend's a skank. good luck at the vd clinic.
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Reply 18 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:25:56 PM)

Quoted from Salamando:
Quoted from Salamando:

fuck off

pardon me, i was under the assumption that you actually had some sort of reason to post that in this thread. it seems you'd rather de-rail it because you're so distraught about finding out your girlfriend's a skank. good luck at the vd clinic.
wow you're fucking awesome, you personally attack my girlfriend, who i fucking hate too and expect me to get enraged and suck your dick, well no dice for you mr two shoes
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 19 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 10:33:31 PM)

oh shit here goes the neighborhood
rchif0: pick normal sluts from now on k?
AnIronFish: yeah thanks for the tip big bro
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 20 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-24-04 12:36:27 AM)

I don't care either way.
"That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, I was going to write about how I was going to take away women's right to vote, but that one is pretty obvious since nobody wants women to vote, except for women, and they don't count. - Maddox"
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reply 21 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-24-04 12:48:48 AM)

It doesn't really matter what we think since it is Sandamnit's decision. But having Nova back could liven the place up a bit.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 22 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-24-04 02:08:27 AM)

I hold my highest doubts that Nova would ever be allowed back on the site. There's no point in asking the question because it won't happen. Think of it this way. If you keep pushing the issue, Sandamnit won't do it. Let it lay dead for an eternity, and he may get the chance that Salamando got (highly doubtful, but maybe).

Oh, and in Sandy's defense anyhow, he never told Sally he was unbanned. That was all Nova. One minute we're sitting here watching a movie and he just gets the idea to unban him, but not tell him. Not more than a few hours later, Sally was back on and roaming around.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-George Santayana
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 23 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-24-04 02:44:50 AM)

No. I don't care if he ever did anything right or wrong. I don't like him, so I don't want him back.

Also, his "dedicated presence" in the IRC channel means that he sits there idle all day and holds no part in any conversations. Besides that, it holds no relevance what so ever to his presence on INTL.
Monkeys are good people
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 24 of 72 (Originally posted on: 05-24-04 03:07:37 AM)

I voted no and didn't read anything in this thread. That's how strongly I feel that he sucks.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6207 | Total Posts: 72 ]