Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > What Are You Looking Forward To At E3? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4287 | Total Posts: 50 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reg. Date: May 2003
(Originally posted on: 05-05-04 10:17:00 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well it is that time of the year again. Time for the Electronic Entertainment Exposition. he E3 Expo is held every year in Los Angeles, where videogame developers, publishers and media gather (along with investors and buyers from retail stores) to check out the newest games and gaming technology. I personally am looking forward to three games right now, and a couple others have caught my interest. GTA: San Andreas, Doom 3, and Half Life 2 are the main games I am interested in right now. Each of these games are sequels to good games and I am really curious as to how they are looking. Although with the way things are going, Half Life 2 will probably be at E3 2005 as well as this year's event.

So anyway, what there catches your attention and how come you are looking forward to it?
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-05-04 11:32:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Halo 2. Because...

Sega's 'big news' - This shit better be good.

Guild Wars Alpha - 3 days of this game, playing with people at E3, even playing it - should be a good time. And I am looking forward to this game. (I wasn't previously, but I've read more about it since then)
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 02:07:26 AM)

Everquest 2.

Everquest 2.

Everquest 2.

Everquest 2.
Yeah you know if the owner of this website got the isp number all the person has to do is to report to the isp provider of the poster who is doing that and they can find out who it is.

Then charges can be brought. The FBI will get involved.
TheShadowDawn
Cautiously optimistic

Draggy

Ballkicks: (+82 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 3 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 11:01:51 AM)

I'm looking to Bioware hopefully announcing what their unrevealed PC game is. Why? Because we've yet to see a good friggen CRPG since Baldur's Gate 2. I mean, KOTOR was great, but was greatly oversimplified - evidently due to the console design intent. Out of the box, NWN and its respective expansions were poor products; and personally I'd rather one kickass campaign made by professional developers than one decent game engine and toolset given into the hands of a few thousand amateurs. Screw NWN.

So I have hopes for whatever this unnamed product is.

I also plan to be amused by whatever Ensemble's next project will be - since inevitably after all this time under wraps, it must be near a stage where they can go public. Somehow, ES took an infallible license of four titles under AoE, and shot it all down with a shitty engine and poor concept implementation in AoM. It didn't matter that AoM sported better balance and tactics than AoK; AoK's still exponentially more popular.

The AoM expansion was an absolute disgrace, needless to say.

So watching ES's spiral into obliviion ought to be fun.

I'd like to see Bethesda (makers of Morrowind) announce something new...but while Elder Scrolls 4 will inevitably be made, I doubt it'll be this soon. All's the pity.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 4 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 02:36:24 PM)

I am looking forward to whatever ES has to show...Possibly an announcement of AoE3...
Yeah...
MurphGuitar

Ballkicks: (+33 / -11)
Reply 5 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 09:47:37 PM)

Myst: Revelation. I'm sure none of you are also interested in that. I can't believe they announced GTA: SA and gave no information about it at all, so they'd better make up for that at E3. And of course Half-Life 2 and whatever Ensemble is up to.
Defy me at your peril.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reply 6 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 10:08:58 PM)

I already made a post about this, but I wonder if whitewolf will appear with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I may have to take a semester off, because that game is coming out, and I'm very VERY glad i'm too cheap to get addicted to MMORPGs that one must pay for, otherwise EQ2 would own me.
Some people are just too stupid to be President.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 7 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 12:16:22 AM)

Quoted from TheShadowDawn:
I'm looking to Bioware hopefully announcing what their unrevealed PC game is. Why? Because we've yet to see a good friggen CRPG since Baldur's Gate 2. I mean, KOTOR was great, but was greatly oversimplified - evidently due to the console design intent.

You're on crack if you think Knights was oversimplified. And Bioware is focusing most of their attention on Jade Empire. Don't expect any big PC news. Look for Dungeon Seige II instead.

Quote:
AoK's still exponentially more popular.

There's like, 12 people playing AoK online right now.

Quote:
The AoM expansion was an absolute disgrace, needless to say. So watching ES's spiral into obliviion ought to be fun.

Many people enjoyed the expansion. Ensemble is not going down. You should look into Rome: Total War, or Kohan II.

Quote:
I'd like to see Bethesda (makers of Morrowind) announce something new...but while Elder Scrolls 4 will inevitably be made, I doubt it'll be this soon. All's the pity.

Wait until 2006 for an Elder Scrolls 4 announcement. They make other games too.

Quoted from Acheron:
I already made a post about this, but I wonder if whitewolf will appear with Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. I may have to take a semester off, because that game is coming out, and I'm very VERY glad i'm too cheap to get addicted to MMORPGs that one must pay for, otherwise EQ2 would own me.

It will be there for sure. But the release date will be well after that of Half-Life 2. Sorry.
Manes
<b>.</b>

Ballkicks: (+1 / -1)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 8 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 07:11:09 AM)

I want to see pics of and news about the new WWE game for Playstation 2, GTA: San Andreas, a new Formula 1 game and I am hoping that Konami will announce Pro Evolution Soccer 4.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 9 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 07:32:03 AM)

GTA: San Andreas

The titans was disgusting........
Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 10 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 08:13:55 AM)

What the fuck? Where did my post go?

I want to see even the tiniest piece of Total Annihiliation 2 code. That would just make my year.
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
"SHUT UP YOU NIGGER TERRORIST!!" - Flaming Arrow
"Department store computers are like mcdonalds hamburgers, squished up really small and full of shit" - Baggy_Brad
"I suppose I could forgive you, but that would probably involve giving a damn, and I'm just not prepared to do that." - uselessinformation
TheShadowDawn
Cautiously optimistic

Draggy

Ballkicks: (+82 / -11)
Reply 11 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 11:14:24 AM)

Quote:
You're on crack if you think Knights was oversimplified.
Compared to Bioware's most successful game, Baldur's Gate 2, then yes it is.

In KOTOR, battlefield strategy is nigh nonexistant, since there are only a handful of abilities. You can only control one character at a time, the other two will simply function automatically.

Contrast to BG2: you control 6 characters at once. Enemies have complex abilities and spell routines that require different abilities to be dealt with from fight to fight. Casters end up with as many as 20 spell types memorised so that they can be versatile. Battlefield strategy involves co-ordinating character movements. (Use fighters to intercept enemy hard hitters, use the archer to disrupt the enemy caster's spell before he annihilates everyone, use the stealthing thief to spot for the mage's fireball placement, rah rah rah.)

Most of the features that make KOTOR a simpler game to play are because it's a console game. It would be pretty impossible to give direct control to all party characters, for instance. And it would be pretty dumb to make enemies more complex in their abilities if you don't have further control over your own party to counter them.

KOTOR was very good. I think it represents the epitome of game design in RPG's so far. But, as a hardcore CRPG player, I want something that obliges with a little more depth. It doesn't have to be exclusive to the casual gamer, but I do think games can be made with the sort of depth that BG2 featured.

Quote:
There's like, 12 people playing AoK online right now.
Checking the zone right now, TC has 2600 players online. I've never seen that many online with either AoM or Titans on ESO. Usually there's about 800 at this time of day on AoM.

Of course, you don't need a legal copy to play on the zone, so that may skew the comparison. Still, for a simple measure of popularity, take a look at GameSpy's title fight: http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefightqualifying/index6.shtml

I exaggerate when I say ES is into a 'spiral of oblivion', certainly. They're a successful company and are the strongest arm of Microsoft Games. But they haven't done themselves any favours with AoM. Working at AoM Heaven for a year gave me a pretty good idea of the game, and how the community has taken to it and the subsequent expansion.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
This reply was last edited on 05-07-04 11:28:21 AM by TheShadowDawn.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 01:57:36 PM)

more half-life 2. hopefully a solid release date as well!
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 13 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 03:03:21 PM)

KotOR 2, obviously.

I remember seeing Battlefield: Modern Combat on the list, so that should be good.

Halo 2, Sims 2, Earth 2160, yada yada yada.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"I'm always trying to help people. The problem is they almost never understand my unique brand of help, so they usually end up yelling... or screaming... or burning."
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 14 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 05:51:01 PM)

TSD - Don't get me wrong. AoK is my favorite game of all time. It devoured at least 500 hours of my life. No exageration.

mirthalac - Some major companies have been able to play demos of HL2 (namely PC Gamer) - so info on it will not be scant at E3.

BA - KOTOR 2 info was just released, not much to see from E3 on that.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Reply 15 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 07:05:27 PM)

Quote:
BA - KOTOR 2 info was just released, not much to see from E3 on that.

Yeah, but one can usually count on some really cool cutscene trailers from E3. KotOR would be a good game for seeing them.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"I'm always trying to help people. The problem is they almost never understand my unique brand of help, so they usually end up yelling... or screaming... or burning."
Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 16 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 09:36:31 PM)

Half-Life 2. It will never come out now MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
"SHUT UP YOU NIGGER TERRORIST!!" - Flaming Arrow
"Department store computers are like mcdonalds hamburgers, squished up really small and full of shit" - Baggy_Brad
"I suppose I could forgive you, but that would probably involve giving a damn, and I'm just not prepared to do that." - uselessinformation
Acheron
INTL Premium Member

Reply 17 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-07-04 11:11:03 PM)

Quoted from Fisher:

It will be there for sure. But the release date will be well after that of Half-Life 2. Sorry.

Quoted from Mr Bounce:
Half-Life 2. It will never come out now MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Having both these posts together makes me sad MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 18 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 08:34:30 AM)

Two words:
Snake Eater.

Am I the only one whose sole reason for living is the Metal gear solid series?
There seems to just be no one left to bully, Bush is pussy/
Why the fuck you think his name's Bush? Puss is bushy

ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

Reply 19 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 09:28:54 AM)

Prince of Persia 2

JOYGASM
~British[/whisper] Agent
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 20 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 11:55:38 AM)

Metroid Prime 2, ive also heard rumors of a new Zelda title for GC.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"if you mention john lennon again, i'm hunting you down" -- Drahnier[/w]

Tits are a tease, and fun to squeeze, but babies need them too!

[w]Drink the night away
Joel and Katii get it on
Drinking all night long
Acheron
INTL Premium Member

Reply 21 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 09:45:51 PM)

New GC games? That's cool.

One of my roomates thinks that if your gamecube freezes after being on for 13 hours that it has to do with something other than overheating. So he gave it to me, because it's "broken".

I wonder what the world of RTS looks like at the moment... HW2 was a dissapointment... good gameplay, shitty storyline.

I also wonder if any mech games are going to come out. I know the bastards cancelled MW5, because of some movie that's coming out in two years, and they want to wait.
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 22 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 10:22:38 PM)

Sega's new thingie. I don't really give a crap about games anymore. Sad isn't it...
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 23 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-08-04 11:32:56 PM)

Quoted from Widukind:
Sega's new thingie. I don't really give a crap about games anymore. Sad isn't it...

Sega? What's Sega?
Yeah you know if the owner of this website got the isp number all the person has to do is to report to the isp provider of the poster who is doing that and they can find out who it is.

Then charges can be brought. The FBI will get involved.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 24 of 50 (Originally posted on: 05-09-04 01:20:41 AM)

City of Villains....the expansion to my newest addiction, City of Heroes. That is presuming WoW doesn't kill the addiction before E3.
"A real friend bails you out of jail...A best friend is next to you saying 'that shit was off the fucking hook, we gotta do it again!'"
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4287 | Total Posts: 50 ]