Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > I want your ideas to help improve INTL. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] [ Thread Views: 22852 | Total Posts: 140 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 05-03-04 06:29:54 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

INTL is now on a new server and everything is pretty much set up and working properly. I've added the ability for people to register @interestingnonetheless.com emails and their own subdomains. On the old server, this was quite impossible, since I didn't have complete control over the server, as I am now. As a result, I'd like to hear some of your ideas to further improve INTL.

I've got 1000gb of bandwidth to use each month and while it's not likely that I'll use even 10% of that bandwidth each month, I'd like to use as much of it as possible, since by not using it, I'm essentially wasting the potential that INTL has. Along with having damn near a 1tb of bandwidth each month, I have about 70gb of free space on the server, so there's plenty of space for files to be uploaded and used for the forums.

My point? I've got about 1000% more resources than I had on the old server, so let's use that to everyone's advantage. However, the downfall is that with those increased resources, more money is coming out of my wallet each month each month, so I'm going to need to implement more money-making schemes to help sustain INTL's life. I really hate to be a golddigging whore when it comes to money, but the bottom line is that without donations from the people who use INTL on a regular basis, there will be no INTL for you to use on a regular basis. Some of you probably wouldn't care, but for those of you that do, from this point out, I'm going to need some support.

I'm going to do whatever is in my power to make whatever you contribute worthwhile and not a wasted attempt at breathing life into a corpse.

Anyway, with that said, give me your ideas to help improve INTL either through financial support, features, and services I can offer to you.
"if I were a 23-year-old Toledo U. student named jake I bet she'd have snuck out of her house at 2 a.m. to get fingered by me in the middle of a cornfield"
-New Emp in regards to EscalatorToHell
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-03-04 11:00:54 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Is it possible to rent part of it out to some kind of gaming clan as a dedicated server?
[21:54] <IF0> the room is only really alive if zippo is here.
[21:54] <IF0> otherwise all these pussies idle.
[21:54] <Ztolk> I can be your Zippo
[21:55] <IF0> your voice probly isn't as sexy.
[21:55] <IF0> and your ass isn't as curvy.
[21:55] <IF0> and your tits aren't as large.
[21:55] <IF0> and you don't suck as good a dick.
[21:55] <IF0> plus i don't wanna bone you.
[21:55] <FlamingArrow> Wow, way to break down a man's spirit.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 2 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-03-04 11:32:31 PM)

Supersecret downloads forum that you have to pay to access.
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 3 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-04-04 05:22:06 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Is it possible to rent part of it out to some kind of gaming clan as a dedicated server?
Subdomains. Jeez.

Part of the subdomain offer is being able to host domains. If you have a domain and want to move it over to the INTL server as part of the subdomain offer, that is quite possible. However, I'll likely have to charge more for domain hosting than I would for subdomain hosting just out of principle.
"if I were a 23-year-old Toledo U. student named jake I bet she'd have snuck out of her house at 2 a.m. to get fingered by me in the middle of a cornfield"
-New Emp in regards to EscalatorToHell
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-04-04 02:04:43 PM)

I'd like to know everyones by the month karma. Because someone can have been really awesome last year or something and have enormous karma, but it'd be interesting to see how much karma someone has for the most recent month.
Danielle: Hustlers Barely Legal is practicaly the same as the land before time, right?
Danielle: confirm/deny?
Brad: Uhh....
Brad: Well, they're both about getting inside the great valley
Danielle: Nice.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-05-04 01:23:30 AM)

Or a little ticker at the bottom of the main page showing who's gotten the most +k that month, the one with most -k, the most active poster... Maybe.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 6 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-05-04 05:14:02 PM)

Here are a couple small things:

Can you make it so when I paste a jpq's address into the reply box, it makes [img] tags and not [url] tags?

And how about a link to a user's section in the gallery right in his profile?

And a hotornot style rating system for threads in the reply box would be help me remember to rate threads.

Not that these will help you make money. I think an MP3 hub that you have to buy access to would be a success, but I don't really know about the legalities of that (being that you're in South Korea, is that even an issue?). I guess the server's in the US somewhere, so probably it is.

Anyway, if there were an MP3 hub thing, I would buy access to it as soon as I move into my college (the internet connection I have here is nigh on useless).
mirthalac is fired
Vervet is made admin
Tyr bans himself
Emp protests Vervets adminship
Tazzo bans himself
Salamando bans himself
Vervet locks Emp's protest thread
stew is fired
Nickolati is made moderator
Emp bans himself

This reply was last edited on 05-05-04 05:19:18 PM by Guy Tuttle and Ass.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 7 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-05-04 11:37:35 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Can you make it so when I paste a jpg's address into the reply box, it makes [img] tags and not
I%20think%20it%20uses%20url%20-%20because%20chances%20are,%20it's%20not%20Sandy's%20bandwidth.%20When%20you%20upload%20a%20file%20and%20click%20'Close%20Window'%20it%20inserts%20[img]%20tags.%20Everything%20else%20with%20[url=http://www...com]www...com">tags?

I think it uses url - because chances are, it's not Sandy's bandwidth. When you upload a file and click 'Close Window' it inserts [img] tags. Everything else with [url=http://www...com]www...com
is added as [url].
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 8 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 06:03:21 PM)

Just a reminder:

Space for custom titles in profiles
Name of who gave you custom title next to it
Yeah you know if the owner of this website got the isp number all the person has to do is to report to the isp provider of the poster who is doing that and they can find out who it is.

Then charges can be brought. The FBI will get involved.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 9 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-06-04 06:09:10 PM)

Quoted from Fisher:
Quoted from ice:
Can you make it so when I paste a jpg's address into the reply box, it makes [img] tags and not
I%20think%20it%20uses%20url%20-%20because%20chances%20are,%20it's%20not%20Sandy's%20bandwidth.%20When%20you%20upload%20a%20file%20and%20click%20'Close%20Window'%20it%20inserts%20[img]%20tags.%20Everything%20else%20with%20[url=http://www...com]www...com">tags?

I think it uses url - because chances are, it's not Sandy's bandwidth. When you upload a file and click 'Close Window' it inserts [img] tags. Everything else with [url=http://www...com]www...com
is added as [url].

But if I upload a jpg and do that, it uses the [url] tags. Unless it's been changed recently.
mirthalac is fired
Vervet is made admin
Tyr bans himself
Emp protests Vervets adminship
Tazzo bans himself
Salamando bans himself
Vervet locks Emp's protest thread
stew is fired
Nickolati is made moderator
Emp bans himself
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 10 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-09-04 10:01:37 AM)

Create a pop-up ad for people who access the site that are not members to buy an e-mail account.

Also, I still think that pop-up ads for people not logged in thing is a good idea.
I missed the last bus
I'll take the next train
I try, but you see
It's hard to explain
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 11 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-09-04 10:43:59 AM)

As I stated before, pop-ups that are related to the click-through would be cool. For instance, if somebody typed in "big black pussy" in Google, we could pop-up sites related to cats.
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 12 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-13-04 11:29:58 AM)

Use part of the server as a spot that members could upload music to and download music from. I am sure every one would be willing to use SmartFTP or something along those lines to access this. And you could just have the information for the FTP in a spot where only members can access it.
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 13 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-13-04 01:20:40 PM)

Maybe you could set up an INTL advertising page or something with links to online stores, etc. It can advertise stores that are relevant to the things we talk about around here, and you can make some cash selling to the different vendors if they're interested.

Also...while it was nice for INTL to have a frontpage, I think it would be even cooler if INTL had a monthly magazine or something. It could combine the best threads/products of the forums with some news commentaries, criticisms, song of the month, and other cool shit. It would also be pretty cool if the events of each month would be on there the way they're updated in the FAQ.
Dick has a body, does the guy in the avatar have a body? No. Dick put the chip clip on his nutsack. Not the guy in the avatar.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 14 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-19-04 11:13:34 PM)

Or update the forum history and add an active link to it.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 15 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-23-04 07:19:25 PM)

Quote:
Also, I still think that pop-up ads for people not logged in thing is a good idea.

Actually, I think this is the best idea I've heard. Seeing as how a majority of the people visiting INTL are just people who were linked from google (therefore accountless), you could do pop-up ads for those without accounts. It probably would be no worse than that "Oversized Text" message you had a while back for unregestered guests. This way, all the people who matter don't really have to bother with pop-up ads, but you still get money from it.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"I'm always trying to help people. The problem is they almost never understand my unique brand of help, so they usually end up yelling... or screaming... or burning."
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 16 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-25-04 06:01:07 PM)

I think we should get rid of "Bitching" Battleground. The forum really seems to do nothing more than contribute to the desecreation of the forum's aura, and enhance "flaming" and personal attacks.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 17 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-27-04 05:57:03 PM)

Quoted from British Agent:
Quote:

Actually, I think this is the best idea I've heard. Seeing as how a majority of the people visiting INTL are just people who were linked from google (therefore accountless), you could do pop-up ads for those without accounts. It probably would be no worse than that "Oversized Text" message you had a while back for unregestered guests. This way, all the people who matter don't really have to bother with pop-up ads, but you still get money from it.

Excellent idea, I support it.
Yeah...
Xyster

Ballkicks: (+4 / -6)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 18 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-28-04 12:24:35 AM)

set the server time to EST.
Abuse the Power
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 19 of 140 (Originally posted on: 05-28-04 01:25:25 AM)

Or you know, adjust it yourself in your preferences.
rchif0: pick normal sluts from now on k?
AnIronFish: yeah thanks for the tip big bro
Ballard
INTL Premium Member

Ballkicks: (+162 / -22)
Reply 20 of 140 (Originally posted on: 06-01-04 12:28:12 PM)

An option to disable background music in threads?
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 21 of 140 (Originally posted on: 06-02-04 03:24:43 PM)

The 'Subscribe to this thread' feature is quite a useful option. Since it's fairly common in other forums you might want to add it for when you sell copy's of the forum script.

EDIT - I know this has been mentioned before, but since bandwidth is no longer an issue how about a quick reply box for people with over a certain number of post. The last time it was brought up I don't think anybody really had anything against it as long as it was optional.
This reply was last edited on 06-02-04 03:40:06 PM by Bebop.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 22 of 140 (Originally posted on: 06-03-04 07:52:43 PM)

Quote:
Hey ice! You aren't currently banned. Good 4u!

Can you make the username a link to the profile? It would be handy.
>>a great deal of resentment.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 23 of 140 (Originally posted on: 06-03-04 11:52:38 PM)

I think all the accounts that 0 posts and are older than a certain time, say a month, should be deleted. Either of these numbers could be changed like less than 10 and more than 6 months. The memberlisting is way too long and the majority of it is people with less than 10 posts.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=4837
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 24 of 140 (Originally posted on: 06-04-04 08:32:22 PM)

One small recommendation about the Arcade: Although some of the games have 'sound blocking' enabled, would you be able to expand this to the rest of the games?

By the way, great job on implementing this feature. I enjoy it immensely.
Tales from the Keeper of 'High' Conversations:
Sunny [Busy]: SAVE ME KRYPTONITE
Sunny [Busy]: SAVE ME KOOLAID MAN
Sunny [Busy]: SAVE ME KONSTANTINOS
Soccy [Busy]: OH YEAH!
Sunny [Busy]: OH YEAAAAH
Soccy [Busy]: AWW YEH
Sunny [Busy]: OH YEAAAH
Sunny [Busy]: OHHH YEAAAH
Soccy [Busy]: KOOLAID GUY
Sunny [Busy]: BEAUTIFUL
Soccy [Busy]: BEAUTIFUL
Soccy [Busy]: Yeah, I'm a normal kid
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 22852 | Total Posts: 140 ]