Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > woah! what the FUCK? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3837 | Total Posts: 59 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-04-02 07:09:43 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

i took a really high dose of cough medicine earlier today, cause i wanted to see if it would make me feel good and stuff...
(theres morphine and shit in it)

and now i can hardly even lift my arms...this is fucking weird...
its kind of hard to breath, too...it feels like theres stones on my chest or something...

oh well, i'm sure that it'll pass soon and that i wont die...
right?

breaking taboos since 1984
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 1 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 07:09:58 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

*dies*

god damnit!
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 2 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 07:39:30 AM)

Saw it coming...
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 3 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 08:51:45 AM)

saw what coming?

i didnt die...
it was a pretty interesting feeling though...
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 4 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:15:19 AM)

Why drah, you have drug-related adventures that are even better than those in The Yellow Submarine!
To the victor goes the spoils, To the spoils goes the splendor, but splendor spoils victors.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 5 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:16:02 AM)

what now?

are you making fun of me?
i'm so tired, i cant sleep
i am a liar and a thief
i sit and drink pennyroyal tea
i'm anaemic royalty
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 6 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:18:33 AM)

No... I am stating my appreciation for your crazy, crazy drug-times. Probably one of the most memorable types of threads next to story times.
To the victor goes the spoils, To the spoils goes the splendor, but splendor spoils victors.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 7 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:19:16 AM)

sarcasm?
you're confusing me

stop it!
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 8 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:25:44 AM)

Not sarcasm! The fact, Jack.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 9 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 10:40:30 AM)

thats nice
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 10 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 11:16:57 AM)

How long did that weird feeling last, or is it still going?

The not being able to feel yourself part sounds cool, but I'd probably stay away from it if it hurts to breathe.
yay?
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 11 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 11:39:03 AM)

My friend goes Robo-tripping all the time.

Apparently you drink like one or two bottles of Robotussin and you can get pretty fucked up.
Zealotry from Rome to Mecca, millions more become infected - God cannot be mass projected, or beaten out through forced confession. It's for all of us to ponder, not for dogma's chain to hold us down. Wake up and put the past where it belongs - Dying Fetus
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 12 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 12:21:04 PM)

it lasted for maybe an hour or two...i'm not sure

and it didnt hurt to breath...
it just felt kind of heavy...

the last time i took couch medicine, i was completely fucked up the whole night afterwards...with weird dreams and shit...
that was another kind of medicine though...

i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 13 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 12:26:25 PM)

Mmm... Morphine..

But alcohol is better!
*is Greek, nonetheless*
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Reply 14 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 12:31:52 PM)

My friend that Robo-trips said that when he got really fucked up, he took a shower and kept turning the heat up because he couldn't feel anything on his back, so it was basically just hot water, and when he woke up he had burns all over his back and shit.

He's not very smart but he's cool.
Zealotry from Rome to Mecca, millions more become infected - God cannot be mass projected, or beaten out through forced confession. It's for all of us to ponder, not for dogma's chain to hold us down. Wake up and put the past where it belongs - Dying Fetus
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 15 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 12:46:19 PM)

hehe

Quote:
Mmm... Morphine..
But alcohol is better!

hah! no way!
sure, alcohole is better than this cough medicine, but pure morphine owns alcohole
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
Pluveto

Rain Man

Ballkicks: (+164 / -45)
Reply 16 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 02:37:09 PM)

Quote:
Dextromethorphan (dxm) is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter (OTC) cough, cold, and allergy medications. When used as directed on the packaging or by a health care provider, it suppresses coughs effectively and presents few harms.

Lately, though, reports of people using dextromethorphan recreationally and undergoing some nasty side effects have been increasing, particularly among high school students. Called "DXM," "DMX," "Tuss," "Robo," and a variety of other names, the stuff is most often guzzled in large quantities straight from the cough medicine bottle, despite its bitter taste and sticky, thick consistency. Many first-timers say chugging the fake-cherry goo is nauseating enough to turn them off once and for all. The drug can also be found in lozenge form (for treating coughs) or as a powder that gets mixed into beverages. For those who stick it out, and keep the stuff down, what follows is a variety of experiences, ranging from the mild to the painful and dangerous.

Anecdotes describe a series of plateaus of experience. At lower doses (still higher than the recommended for dxm's intended medical purpose), users usually feel dizzy, mild euphoria, or a stimulating effect. Some describe feeling like they're floating, which may not necessarily be pleasant. At higher doses, some describe the effects as feeling like being drunk and stoned at the same time, including a lack of coordination and mild hallucinations. Consuming even more dextromethorphan often induces vivid visual and/or auditory hallucinations and out-of-body experiences. One might feel completely disconnected from one's body and surroundings, with no sense of reality, time, or awareness of what you're doing (or having done to you). This is what's known as dissociation.

These dissociative experiences are often compared to those that people go through while using PCP or Ketamine (a.k.a., Special K), which makes sense since dxm appears to affect the same chemicals in your brain as these other two, blocking the re-uptake of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

It is especially at these higher doses that users feel dextromethorphan's effects as unpleasant, and also raise their chance of having unsafe side effects. Most people have at least some nausea and/or vomiting, even at the lower recreational doses. Other possible reactions are skin irritation, rash, and intense itching, sweating, slowed breathing, and irritability. With lack of coordination and dissociation also come the risk of falls, injury, scary psychological episodes, and victimization. There is also the possibility of overdose, coma, and even death.

These risks are compounded by mixing dextromethorphan with alcohol or other drugs, including some very dangerous effects if dxm is taken at the same time as some anti-depressant medications (this is true even if it's taken simply to treat a cough); using it in unfamiliar surroundings without someone who is sober and looking after your well-being; or, consuming large quantities of cough or cold medications that contain other ingredients in addition to the dxm. For example, some cold and allergy preparations contain ingredients that in large doses produce extreme laxative effects, while many include things such as acetaminophen, which can cause severe complications, possibly death, at high doses.

Also, if you have a history of asthma, diabetes, or liver disease, dxing is probably not for you. Since dextromethorphan inhibits coughing, it can be difficult to get rid of the mucus that is often a part of asthma, or even smoking. Most of the cough and allergy products that contain dxm contain lots of sugar, too, making it difficult to regulate blood glucose levels. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), dextromethorphan can also build up in the body and cause unwanted effects if your liver is not functioning to its full capacity.

Although dxm does not appear to be addictive, consistent, heavy abuse of the drug does appear to cause psychological dependence, which can be just as difficult to overcome as physical addiction. With this in mind, it's also important to think about what you're looking for in using the dxm. Is it the curiosity or thrill of being "sneaky" with something people won't suspect? It does appear that for some people, easy access and legality are part of the draw of using dextromethorphan for fun. For this reason, in some countries, you now need a prescription to get the stuff, while in some states in the United States, dextromethorphan-containing products are kept behind the pharmacy counter and/or sold only to adults. Interested in the wacky effects and perceptions? Bonding with friends? If robo trippin', or using other drugs for that matter, is one of the only ways you and your friends have fun together, or if alcohol or other drug use is affecting your relationships, health, school work, and/or other goals, it may be time to look at your use and consider a change.

drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 17 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 02:43:04 PM)

sounds interesting
i wonder where i can find some medicine that has this "dmx"

i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Reply 18 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 02:44:53 PM)

Thanks for ruining our thread about being unsafe.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 19 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 02:46:04 PM)

pffff...its not unsafe...
and you dont HAVE to take so much that you pass out either...it works in smaller doses too...

edit: ok, maybe it is a little unsafe...i dont care
what ISNT unsafe?
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
Pluveto

Rain Man

Ballkicks: (+164 / -45)
Reply 20 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 02:59:02 PM)

PsychoRabbit, I thought the quote pretty well said that it could be relatively harmless as well. I was merely enlightening Inside Dicussions with my treasure trove of fake knowledge.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 21 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 03:13:23 PM)

I know this freshman who pounded a whole bottle of cough syrup and then went to school.

He's a pretty small guy, too. Probably like five feet tall and maybe a hundred pounds.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 22 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 03:14:06 PM)

so what happened?
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Reply 23 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 03:19:30 PM)

He probably didn't cough, that's for damn sure.
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 24 of 59 (Originally posted on: 04-04-02 03:21:34 PM)

cough medicine cures pain too...like the pain that i had in my neck...
i am a liar and a thief
i'm anaemic royalty
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3837 | Total Posts: 59 ]