Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > ITT Monopoly Fun > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 4080 | Total Posts: 84 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
(Originally posted on: 04-08-04 11:04:34 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Like many other teenagers who stay online constantly, I'm a huge loser. To emphasize this fact, I feel it is necessary to share with INTL today's adventures with board games.

This week is spring break, so I decided to organize a monopoly tournament for myself and all of my equally nerdy friends. It was fun times for all. Photographic evidence:

I told everyone to show up at 1 o'clock for the tournament (and homemade cookies), but all of the track fags were late since they had to go home and shower after practice. Laura and I set up the board games beforehand in an attempt to salvage time.

Autumn, Jake, and Matt showed up fashionably late. Laura decided to make the most of our spare time to construct a WW2-like concentration camp out of game pieces.

She rolled the dice to see how many barracks of jews would be sent to the gas chamber. Snake eyes meant some of the SS were killed. After three rounds of this, the record of jews vs. nazis was 1-2. Also, Hitler's car was taken out by the jewish uprising during round one. Himler oversaw the camp afterward.

By about 1:30, Sara, Luke, and Josh had yet to show up. Autumn and Laura began playing Go Fish with the monopoly property cards. Needless to say, the game didn't quite work out.

Once they showed up, the 1 v. 1 games started. The winners of each of the four games would advance to the final monopoly deathmatch. Jake cheated a lot and won. Somehow, he earned nearly $9,000 in under an hour.

By the luck of the draw, Sara and Luke were paired up. Sara landed on one of Luke's hotels. He didn't notice until after he rolled the dice, causing him to lose upwards of $900.

I ended up kicking Josh's ass in the first round. He wrote under my name (on the high-tech brackets I made) "evil devil woman." Hey man, it's not my fault you gave up Kentucky for Reading Railroad.

Also, I threw in a pizza to feed the masses. We waited around for about a half hour until it was edible. The men went outside to "shoot some hoops" while Sara and I tended to the kitchenwork like good women.

One crappy pizza actually fed 8 teenagers. I did provide other, more nutritious snacks for the kids.

In the final round, I went out second. Here's Luke and Autumn in an intense match as Laura and Jake watch with anticipation:

Meanwhile, the losers decided to get out my risk board.

It ended up being only Josh and Matt at the risk game. Josh is a fucking genius, so he was at ease during gameplay.

Matt, however, had no idea what he was doing.

In my dining room, Luke's lead was growing by the minute.

Autumn finally went bankrupt, making Luke the ultimate Monopoly champion.

At the end, I was left with a huge cardboard bracket thing. Luke was a [censored] and didn't take it home to show his parents. Laura had fun pretending she had just been surprised with a check from publisher's clearinghouse.

And that concludes the first ever amatuer Ohioan Monopoly Tournament. Thank you, come again.

edit- I caught some spelling errors made during my excitement over the pictures last night.
This reply was last edited on 04-09-04 04:16:45 PM by EscalatorToHell.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

¡Spanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 1 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-08-04 11:11:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Total envy. I could probably do my the same thing with my friends except it'd have to be a risk tournament.
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 2 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-08-04 11:27:03 PM)

Sara is kinda hot.
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Reply 3 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-08-04 11:30:26 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Sara is kinda hot.

She's absolutely gorgeous. The pictures don't do her justice.

Also: Josh is super hot kekeke u give soj???
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-08-04 11:38:56 PM)

Monopoly spinoffs are fucking lame.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 5 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 12:39:17 AM)

You should have played Riskopoly. With the rules (I don't know all of them - a guy in my improv troupe made it up something like, when he was 24 or so) all worked out, it becomes funny as hell, and strategically cool. You can mortgage properties for extra armies in risk, but after all monopoly properties are bought, 2 territory takeovers = 1 monopoly square takeover and a bunch of other stuff.

Income Tax = %10, or $200, or 5 armies or something. It's a great time all the same. We had 3 teams of two. My team finished second after a defeat at Marvin Gardens and we lost Africa.

Looks like yours was a good time, though.
-"You remind me of someone... my sister, whom I was separated from at birth!"
-"Do you have a locket?"
-"No, I have an exceptionally good memory."
"There's no 'M' in bad!"

Theatre on the Edge
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 12:58:35 AM)

I having trouble believing that so many games of monopoly were played and no one got taken to hospital after a spear tackle.
That was the hospital lab with the report from the blood test that they did on Whitney last night. There wasn’t any alcohol in Whitney's system last night. It was drugs. You were high on drugs last night. I knew it was drugs. I knew it.
Brad's Autumnish Journal
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 7 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 02:12:39 AM)

Risk is awesome.

I do love the Risk.
And I handed you a drink of the lovely little thing
on which our survival depends
People say, "Friends don't destroy one another."
What do they know about friends?
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reply 8 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 02:29:03 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Risk is awesome.

I do love the Risk.

I do too. No one else I know shares this...
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 9 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 04:21:39 AM)

Let me get this straight -

You turned down Emp so you could play 'Alaska Edition Monopoly' and play with little pewter figurines?
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 10 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 04:32:28 AM)

I would too. Really, who wouldn't?
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 11 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 06:54:05 AM)

I played monopoly yesterday, it's really eerie that this thread is here, actually. Nice pictures, this is a cool thread.

I didn't win my game because the girl who's house it was "Oh yeah, we have uh, monopoly. People don't play that, do they?" didn't at first want to play. Then she was up for it and I started getting the money ready and my friend Chris set up the board. The issue of being the banker comes up. Firstly, they don't have any one-notes, what's with that? There was space for them, just none of them. What are you going to do with a bunch of monopoly one dollar bills? Anyway, Chris doesn't want to be the banker so I ask Sanda to this response "What's the Banker do?" So the game went a bit downhill.
Luckily a few of her friends arrived as I was handing out the cash so we let them play as well, though one of them was raised in some crazy bartering car salesmen because he was all "You don't have to take this deal, but it would be incredibly stupid not to. I mean, I'm being objective here. Really bad idea to not take this trade." then he would go on and usually we'd trade with him to get him to shut his face. But there were chips and later we went to the bar so it was fun.

My point is I'd also turn Emp down for some sweet Alaska Edition Monopoly. Especially if it were with Sarah.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 12 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 08:25:31 AM)

All of your friends look like complete faggots
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 13 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 09:09:27 AM)

I take it Jake wasn't invited.
Quoted from EscalatorToHell:
Also, I threw in a pizza to feed the masses. We waited around for about a half hour until it was edible. The men went outside to "shoot some hoops" while Sara and I tended to the kitchenwork like good women.

Also. Sara looks like a mega-bitch in this picture. Someone needs to fuck her in the ass and show her who's boss.
Sherlock Homomz: why did you message me
Sherlock Homomz: i dont have any milkshakes if thats what youre after
rchif0: no. i was bored. got off work. am sitting here.
Sherlock Homomz: how many chairs do you use lol
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 14 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 10:39:42 AM)

My friends and I used to play massive games of monolopy, every weekend. Then one kid could never control his anger and we had to stop. His mom called him a son of a bitch and I just had to point out that would make her the bitch. We all had to leave and we never played again.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=4837
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 15 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 10:46:48 AM)

Last summer I played monopoly against myself (3 other simulated players where also me).
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 16 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 10:52:24 AM)

Is "Sara" holding a phone in that picture?

Why is it every girl holds the phone that way?
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Reply 17 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:19:55 AM)

Quoted from Tazzo:
All of your friends look like complete faggots

They all are, but I love them just the same.

Quoted from Fisher:
Let me get this straight -

You turned down Emp so you could play 'Alaska Edition Monopoly' and play with little pewter figurines?

Only Luke and Sara played the Alaska Edition, since I didn't have enough regular monopoly boards. It was kind of neat because the chance cards gave reasons for why you were sent to jail. ex: "You got caught hunting moose out of season. Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go..etc"

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:

Yes, that is a phone. I think she was getting sick of my constant picture taking, so she held the phone that way to express frustration.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 18 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:40:07 AM)

I hold that phon whenever the children's theatre director calls because her voice is somewhere around a million billion decibals.

Otherwise, that's just a bad way to hold the phone.
-"You remind me of someone... my sister, whom I was separated from at birth!"
-"Do you have a locket?"
-"No, I have an exceptionally good memory."
"There's no 'M' in bad!"

Theatre on the Edge
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Reply 19 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:42:51 AM)

Quoted from Ileus:
My friends and I used to play massive games of monolopy, every weekend. Then one kid could never control his anger and we had to stop. His mom called him a son of a bitch and I just had to point out that would make her the bitch. We all had to leave and we never played again.

It's crazy how mad people get when playing monopoly. The photos of Sara and Luke's fight don't fully articulate the situation. For a good 5-10 minutes they were screaming at each other.

Wait, was the mom playing Monopoly with you guys?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 20 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:51:19 AM)

Quote:
Only Luke and Sara played the Alaska Edition, since I didn't have enough regular monopoly boards. It was kind of neat because the chance cards gave reasons for why you were sent to jail. ex: "You got caught hunting moose out of season. Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go..etc"

Who fucking cares, you could've met Emp and possibly tricked him into disrobing.
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Reply 21 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:53:35 AM)

Quote:

Who fucking cares, you could've met Emp and possibly tricked him into disrobing.

We already met goddamnit! I just couldn't go anywhere else with him because of a variety of circumstances (mainly my parents)

Also, most of you guys are failing to see the coolness of a monopoly tournament. omg yah rite fag lol
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:54:56 AM)

Where's the Beer?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 23 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:55:18 AM)

Quote:
We already met goddamnit! I just couldn't go anywhere else with him because of a variety of circumstances (mainly my parents)

Damn, you suck.
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Reply 24 of 84 (Originally posted on: 04-09-04 11:55:36 AM)

Quoted from Surt:
Where's the Beer?

Alcohol would've interfered with our strategizing.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4080 | Total Posts: 84 ]