Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Guess Where New Emp Is Tonight And Win A FREE BLENDER or 45 Peso GIFT CERTIFICATE AT SERGIO'S (flash-flash-flash-flash) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 8208 | Total Posts: 40 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
(Originally posted on: 04-07-04 01:37:26 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I arrived in Chicago tonight after driving for nearly three hours through Indiana, which, Jeff, you should be ashamed of. The woman at the Radison in Toledo from which I departed gave me a full refund for the night I would not use.

I arrived in Chicago at about nine p.m., and besides a Vegas-style tollboth and a stream of headlights across what is referred to as a "skyway," (funny, the only "skyway" we have in Tampa is a suspension bridge spanning Tampa Bay, a wonderful excuse for a metropolis) the first thing I saw were beautiful skyscrapers. I got lost briefly, during when I got an amazing view of these massive constructs, fully-lighted, towering over cornfields and the interstates that peer through them.

I rode U.S. 41 up the shore of what I'm told is Lake Michigan, streetlights every few feet and headlights on either side. And I could look up and see those skyscrapers, huge buildings. I mean, we have skyscrapers in Tampa, but they're nothing compared to this, really.

But even more, the skyscrapers in Tampa, like the bank building and that other bank building, they're bunched together in downtown. But in Chicago, there's all these miniature skyscrapers, office and residential buildings 5-10 stories high crowding every "block." And at night, the lights are on in some of the rooms, and you can see the people inside. And these lights are scattered like a checkerboard, just like in the pictures of cities.

And it's so crowded here. In some neighbourhoods, black people just seem to walk in front of moving cars. The interstates are crowded, the curbs are filled with chains of vehicles, and the transportation situation here is so precarious. Think if every other person in Beijing had a car. I found Chris' place by his address and foolishly thought that, as in Florida, when you drive to an address, you're actually driving to a parking space as well. In Florida at least every location has a sizeable lot with white and blue lines to leave your vehicle in. Not so here at least. There are curbs and you're supposed to sort of reverse into them.

It's just so strange here. You sort of get a feel for what the hell that book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is talking about. There is a little dirt, a little grass, and a few trees beside the sidewalks. No palm trees lining median strips or king sagos set in islands in rolling yardscapes. No orange trees even. Maybe some corn, out in the country, but that's about it.

My God, the skyscrapers and the buildings, it's such a surreal atmosphere. It's like SimCity 3000 and then SimTower. And to think there's snow in the winter and to think nobody I've spoken with, sans fellow Florida expatriates, have even known what a lovebug is. To see skyscrapers and thin-laned highways and so much pavement in one night. Such an odd damn place, Chicago.
"When considering the serious step of marriage, it's good form to seek the approval of the message-board moderator." - The Onion

[Regarding Martha Stewart] "I'll be able to sleep easier knowing that another motivated, powerful woman is off the streets." - ibidem
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 01:42:50 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

None of our buildings even come close to scraping the sky.

Take some photos please.

And answer my questions from 12 hours ago.
That was the hospital lab with the report from the blood test that they did on Whitney last night. There wasn’t any alcohol in Whitney's system last night. It was drugs. You were high on drugs last night. I knew it was drugs. I knew it.
Brad's Autumnish Journal
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reply 2 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 01:43:10 AM)

His name is nimo.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reply 3 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 01:53:14 AM)

[nimo]

omg pictures dudes

"When considering the serious step of marriage, it's good form to seek the approval of the message-board moderator." - The Onion

[Regarding Martha Stewart] "I'll be able to sleep easier knowing that another motivated, powerful woman is off the streets." - ibidem
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 4 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 01:59:29 AM)

Emp, why are you hugging the nimo and not the girl? she has emo glasses.
That was the hospital lab with the report from the blood test that they did on Whitney last night. There wasn’t any alcohol in Whitney's system last night. It was drugs. You were high on drugs last night. I knew it was drugs. I knew it.
Brad's Autumnish Journal
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 5 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:02:09 AM)

Emp, are you doing an INTL world tour?

COME DOWN UNDER PLEASE. AUSTRALIA LOVES YOU!!!!!
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:03:46 AM)

Hehe, nimo looks like he's about to spit.

Who's the chick?

And take pictures of the city, too.

P.S. You could have come here when you visited Vervet, but I don't feel like cleaning my room, being hospitable, cleaning my room, showing you just how crappy a small town is, etc.
-In the dark times, will there also be singing?
-Yes, there will also be singing about the dark times.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reply 7 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:09:19 AM)

Quote:
Hehe, nimo looks like he's about to spit.

nimo spits like a fucking camel.

Quote:
Who's the chick?

Wu's girl, obviously.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 8 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:30:37 AM)

[emp post]

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Emp, why are you hugging the nimo and not the girl? she has emo glasses.

Little known fact: emo girls don't like emo guys. That's why emo guys are so heartbroken and cry all the time, because their girls don't like them. No, the emo girls go for asshole guys, (mostly punk, sometimes goth) and the guys don't like them because they think brown hair and nerdy glasses are unattractive, so they quote Bright Eyes in their livejournals and cry. Lots.

It is a cycle of pain and sadness and tears and regret that has effectively halted all emo progress and crippled the emo community for years now.

[emp post]
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 9 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:41:50 AM)

So if Emo girls don't like Emo guys, and normal girls don't like emo guys... why would you be an emo?

Brad's Autumnish Journal
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 10 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 02:41:57 AM)

Now that I've been seeing Emp a lot lately.. he just doesn't look like as much of an ass as he acts like. It's weird. Maybe he's really a sweetheart.
rchif0: you are my squishy and i will call you squishy and you will be mine
SershioPueblo: I will eat your soul
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 11 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 03:04:07 AM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
So if Emo girls don't like Emo guys, and normal girls don't like emo guys... why would you be an emo?

fashion

[emp]
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 12 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 03:53:47 AM)

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:

That's hilarious, which is confusing for me, because I know I just got owned.
www.cincinnati.kicks-ass.net/nimo
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 04:11:21 AM)

Quoted from nimo:
Quoted from Baggy_Brad:

That's hilarious, which is confusing for me, because I know I just got owned.

Also: he's not a lifesaver, why are you holding him like that? ...Was he soft like a girl? I have theories.
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Reply 14 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 04:17:56 AM)

Call it a school-boy's crush if you want, but I call it love.
www.cincinnati.kicks-ass.net/nimo
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 15 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 04:48:33 AM)

As long as Emp is doing his US tour, maybe we can get him to come to Korea. Ah, Korea, where some of the women are easy but most don't understand a word you say.

Bagook Is Dead.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 16 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 05:20:04 AM)

can we have some photos without the glasses please emp?
Brad's Autumnish Journal
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 17 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 06:37:14 AM)

Swing through Chicago again around mid-July and we'll "kick it" and keep it on the "down low".
Sherlock Homomz: why did you message me
Sherlock Homomz: i dont have any milkshakes if thats what youre after
rchif0: no. i was bored. got off work. am sitting here.
Sherlock Homomz: how many chairs do you use lol
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 18 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 07:00:23 AM)

Come to Madison next.

It's my birthday on Saturday. Come up and suprise me.
Full bottle in front of me. Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work, and after many glasses of work I get paid in the brain.
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

¡Spanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 19 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 10:22:40 AM)

Wow, you're about an hour and a half from me. How will you be leaving Illinois?
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 20 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 11:07:11 AM)

Damn...first Emp releases his picture...NOW HE GOES AND MEETS SOMEONE...

what will they think of next?!
Oh yeah, and FreeBSD pwns Linux's sorry ass. I'd have picked it if it wasn't for the fact that it supports even fewer apps than Linux, and doesn't have a GUI(one that's easy to find, anyway).-King of Suck
so remember kids, hose down your genitals with lysol after un protected sex.-NNY
I'm in Gnome 2.4 right now and exploring like Lewis and Clark. Amazing!!!-Wandering Idiot
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 21 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 05:52:48 PM)

Quoted from Ivan Drago:
Damn...first Emp releases his picture...NOW HE GOES AND MEETS SOMEONE...

what will they think of next?!
I think it's time for a new forummer erotica!

Also, it'd be kinda of boring to hear about his trips without pictures.
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/display.php?tid=4837
Erags

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme ça

Ballkicks: (+171 / -112)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 22 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 05:56:57 PM)

Emp is closer to me now then he was when he was in Florida. How cool is that?
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 23 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 06:03:27 PM)

We have no skyscrapers in Esbjerg, I think it would be cool to see the big buildings, in the big cities in america, and then say: wow, big building. *click* *photo*
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 24 of 40 (Originally posted on: 04-07-04 06:40:00 PM)

Futile shout-out for California.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 8208 | Total Posts: 40 ]