Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > things ive learned while driving to virginia > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2551 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
New Emp
From this day forward, Emp House is on Dodecatuple-Secret Probation.

I am dead.

Ballkicks: (+392 / -180)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
(Originally posted on: 04-03-04 02:29:02 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

[in order of learning them]

- black people tailgate. a lot.

- people with rhode island license plates are really nice. vermont not so much. ontario people are total assholes.

- there are a lot of historic Civil War battlefields in the South, but where are all the historic World War II battle sites? huh? (note: this one is actually question, sorry)

- ace of base is great to lissen to in the car

- off ramps are fun

- lottery billboards are not very exciting if the jackpot is kind of a small number

- george bush is really popular among trucks

- somewhere in south carlina is a Yolanda M. White Crosswalk. isn't that oxymoronic, "Yolanda M. White?"

- apparently bridges get frozen and this is important

- south carolina has a lot of country radio stations, but not so much R&B and hip hop though

- truck cabs without a cargo hold attached look like they're transporting an invisible truck

- south carolinians are really nice

"thank you kindly"
"you're mighty welcome, ma'am"*

*actual conversation

- drawing while driving is hard

- georgia state troopers are stupid

you know why i pulled you over?"
"oh shit, you forgot? Well we're screwed then 'cause I didn't write it down either."

- the people who buy billboards in virginia must really like fetuses. jesus, too

- the following things exist:

* billy graham parkway
* strom thurmond memorial highway
* robert e. lee street

- even bad coffee can be made good with half-and-half and sugar

- souhteners build cities in dumb places.

- traffic sure is bad for a place like the goddamn South

- honking is easily misinterpreted. this is how feelings get hurt.

- driving makes your neck hurt. also butt.

- In some cities all the road names resemble people you know. this is upsetting.

NEXT EXIT
CARLA STREET
to
SANDAMNIT RD.

- off-ramps are very fun, but also scary.

- when passing a car wreck it is customary to lower your SUV's antenna flag to half-mast. also customary is driving really slow and holding up the whole goddamn interstate

- smashmouth is good I-95 music

- florida cars cannot handle virginia weather. same applies to florida jackets

- driving on the shoulder is a guilty pleasure

- perhaps tailgaters did not get much affection as children, so they overcompensate for it by getting too close to other cars. also maybe they're just assholes

- every depeche mode song sounds like a horrible car crash, so don't play it while driving or else you'll keep thinking someone just hit you

- do trucking companies require truck drivers to take some sort of application test, or do they just flag down poor drivers on the highway and go up to them and tell them they "got what it takes?"

- good thing that sign was there to ifnform me about the wide load.

- i did not see any police officers or state trooper in hte entire state of south carolina. i assume it is lawless.

- north carolina interstates need more lanes.

- yes, i am the hero who let everyone into the middle lane after the left lane ended. and now, motorist, i must be off, for there is a school bus somewhere at a stop sign trying to turn into a busy highway and i am needed

- empty road construction sites with the ground all torn up and dormant, unmanned cranes still holding girders are pretty much what things will look like after all the humans are dead

- in china, all of the lanes contain an equal amount of cars, and nobody ever changes lanes or passes. on hte flipside, though, there's a lot of corruption.

- in gridlock, a good idea is to not move for a while and then, once there's a big space in front of you, go and have yourself a leisurely litle drive

- honking shall only be used as a last resort. that is, after waving has failed.

- alas, my radio presets are ineffectual in this alien land

- it must cost money to have your business be placed on one of those blue "this exit" signs that tell you what hotels or food places are in an exit. else everyone would just be saying their homes are hotels or ssomething, demanding that the government place signs for "penis ass inn" or "jake loves brenda gas station" or something.

- it's okay to let your left foot take over the pedals if your right one gets tired, but only for a little while

- trucks that actually go fast on the interstate are like cool substitute teachers who let you talk all period

- i flash my blinker at opposing traffic to signal that a cop car is coming up even when there isn't one coming, because, hey, obeying traffic laws isn't something you do just when you think you might get caught if you don't. it's good to keep motorists on their toes.

true anecdote there was a rubberneck on I-95, so I figured I'd avoid it by taking an exit. but the exit was like a 1/2 mile away, so I went to the right and I saw some other people driving on the shoulder towards it, so I went to the shoulder too and drove towards it but then they went back into traffic and I didn't know why, and then I heard this siren and a cop car was coming behind me, so I pulled onto the grass with this other car, but the cop car didnt stop to give me a ticket. it just drove off, and the other car left, so I waited a minute and then left, and then a half mile later, i saw the accident, and that's where the cop car went. it was pretty bad, both cars were upside-down. and i saw the officer there kind of shaking his head, and i thought "score no ticket." justin: 1 georgia: 0
"When considering the serious step of marriage, it's good form to seek the approval of the message-board moderator." - The Onion

[Regarding Martha Stewart] "I'll be able to sleep easier knowing that another motivated, powerful woman is off the streets." - ibidem

This reply was last edited on 04-03-04 02:35:56 PM by New Emp.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 02:35:34 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Thanks for the update.....
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 02:38:57 PM)

Did you go visit serial killer sites?
-In the dark times, will there also be singing?
-Yes, there will also be singing about the dark times.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 02:39:35 PM)

Quoted from Justin:
florida cars cannot handle virginia weather. same applies to florida jackets

*shakes his head.* Most people don't know this.

Not sure there's much to say. he pretty much said it all.
Slanche.

May the curse o' Mary Malone an' her nine blind illegitimate children chase ye so far o'er the hills o damnation that the good lord himself coulna' find ye wi' a telescope.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 03:15:53 PM)

omg, you're so close to me.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time and I can tell you they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am and why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none which you have ever heard..."
-The Prince
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 03:21:16 PM)

Quote:

emotionally?
"When considering the serious step of marriage, it's good form to seek the approval of the message-board moderator." - The Onion

[Regarding Martha Stewart] "I'll be able to sleep easier knowing that another motivated, powerful woman is off the streets." - ibidem
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 03:52:25 PM)

Quote:
- in china, all of the lanes contain an equal amount of cars, and nobody ever changes lanes or passes. on hte flipside, though, there's a lot of corruption.

I didn't know I-81 South went that far. And West. And far.
Moribus antiquis res stat Romana virisque[/w]
[w]Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Matt Ritson

Ballkicks: (+13 / -31)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 03:55:24 PM)

Very humourous indeed.
I want some Mena Suvari Pie
Green Day-Sum 41-Muse-Limp Bizkit-Tenacious D-Linkin Park-Blink182
"In Russia, the movie watches you!" - MLV

Is it the cop or am I the one that's really dangerous?
lovekills
Sticks \vs/ Drums
Therefore Hate gives life!!

I use to have about 800$ in pretty fish.

Ballkicks: (+61 / -12)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 04:11:33 PM)

You should visit me Justin.
Whats your plan for keeping off the freshmen fifteen? Getting rid of you for starters...
I bet in the next one we'll find out lovekills is actually a man.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 04:15:47 PM)

Quote:
ontario people are total assholes.

Quoted for truth.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 06:08:30 PM)

Quoted from New Emp:
Quote:

emotionally?

no, only physically. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time and I can tell you they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am and why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none which you have ever heard..."
-The Prince
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 07:11:10 PM)

The stretch of highway from Virginia to Florida is the flattest, most boring thing since Vervet.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 07:23:56 PM)

Quote:
TORONTO, ontario people are total assholes.

Corrected for truth.

Don't label us all for their wrongs.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 07:38:25 PM)

And what of Alberta drivers? That's right, we're all very polite.

Also: I've met one Yolanda in my life and she was white.
Erags

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme ça

Ballkicks: (+171 / -112)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 07:38:36 PM)

Quote:
- driving on the shoulder is a guilty pleasure
What's that mean?
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 07:42:21 PM)

Quoted from New_Emp:
- georgia state troopers are stupid

you know why i pulled you over?"
"oh shit, you forgot? Well we're screwed then 'cause I didn't write it down either."

God, yes. Especially if you take the back roads along the Alabama border.
Crystal: What's an RPG?
Cathy: A role-playing game.
Cathy: You know, like Dungeons and Dragons.
Crystal: More like Rare Personality Goof.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 08:07:35 PM)

Uh huh, yeah, yeah, ooey, Yolanda. Anyone remember that song?

Anyways, I'm always surprised when I go to Virginia to visit my mom. People drive so slowly there and the worst of it is, the actually yeild and/or stop on the on ramps!!! Plus, the drivers in the far right lane don't ever have common sense enough to get over for the merging traffic. It's as if they've never gone to driving school at all. Sheesh.
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 08:18:28 PM)

Quoted from kayte:
Quote:
ontario people are total assholes.

Quoted for truth.

Double-quoted for double-truth.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 08:28:35 PM)

When I was in Pennsylvania, there were stop signs at the ends of all the onramps.

It was fucking strange
And I handed you a drink of the lovely little thing
on which our survival depends
People say, "Friends don't destroy one another."
What do they know about friends?
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 08:34:12 PM)

Quote:
What's that mean?

It means driving on the very edge of the road.

It is a good time, when you just clip the apex of a hard left hander and exit full throttle.
asthetik - year 04/05
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 08:53:20 PM)

I would like very much to drive to Virginia. Unfortunately this would require

a. two or three days off in which to drive
b. my car to work
c. money for gas

*sigh*
asthetik

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 09:09:43 PM)

I could drive to Virginia, but in half the time I could drive to New York, and there are more interesting things happening there.
asthetik - year 04/05
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 10:32:51 PM)

Alright, the next person to say Ontario drivers are assholes had better fucking take a road-trip to Quebec and New York and learn.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
asthetik

Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-03-04 10:51:48 PM)

No, just come here.
asthetik - year 04/05
New Emp

I am dead.

Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-04-04 12:03:55 AM)

Quoted from asthetik:
I could drive to Virginia, but in half the time I could drive to New York, and there are more interesting things happening there.

No Vervets.

-Amelia

(not endorsed by emp, but you are a sucker, amelia, for i get your post count and any +k you would normally get for being a girl)

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2551 | Total Posts: 44 ]