Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Are you bias against homosexuals? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3109 | Total Posts: 66 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Are you bias against homosexuals?
This poll has expired.
Yes 2 votes, 6.25%
No 20 votes, 62.5%
I don't care about them. 5 votes, 15.625%
Not entirely, but a little. 4 votes, 12.5%
I am homosexual, so, of course, my answer is no. 1 vote, 3.125%
Totals: 32 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-12-02 12:30:50 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

If this should be moved to Serious Discussions, go ahead, but it's not really a debate or philosophical, so I put it here.

Basically- are you? If you saw a homosexual in the street or in public, would your outlook on that person be negative, or altered?

Keep in mind that there are two types: those in it for the sex, and those who are just attracted, not in a purely physical way, to the same sex.

I know quite a few people who are in the latter category, and so I have grown up seeing them as normal people, and so I have always thought of homosexuality as just a preference, like a foot fetish or color preference or whatnot. I have SEEN others though, but since I have a pretense of them being normal people, I have never been offended by their actions. Then again, they've never been directed at me, so maybe that makes a difference.

I'm not soliciting homosexuality, but I do believe that there is nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

I'm not here to get on your ass if you are bias, I just want to know what your take is.
This reply was last edited on 07-12-02 02:01:01 PM by Tyr.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 1 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 12:41:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quote:
If you saw a homosexual in the street or in public, would your outlook on that person be negative, or altered?
Are you suggesting just meeting one, or seeing one involved in homoesexual acts?

Either way, I am not biased against them because of their sexual orientation. For the second part, personally, I don't really want to see PDA from homosexuals or heterosexuals. Keep it in your own privacy.

If there was a way to assure us that only good looking people would be involved, maybe that'd be another story. LOL IM SUCH A FAG!! jk.

It also upsets me when friends or other people I know use "gay" or "homosexual" in a degrading sense that has nothing to do with whether or not someone is actually gay.
well, people look and people stare
well, i don't think that i even care
you work your life away and what do they give?
you're only killing yourself to live
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 2 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 12:52:17 PM)

I was incinuating seeing one with another, not like having sex or anything.

I agree, though, anyone, regardless of orientation, should perform sexual actions in their own privacy, and never do things to people that don't want it.
"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 3 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:00:59 PM)

Quote:
I was incinuating seeing one with another, not like having sex or anything.
I don't have a problem with it. It's not harming me in any way.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 4 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:08:17 PM)

Shouldn't one of the options be "I am homosexual"?

Izzy
Si anang tatay mo?
"It's funny because shitty ryhmes with witty." -Mr. Pixies
"Atheists beleive in the god of atheism" - Yehoshua Ben Yisra'el
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 5 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:15:33 PM)

Your orientation doesn't really decide your bias, or lack thereof. Some people that are women hate being so, or men, etc.
"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 6 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:18:21 PM)

That probably would be a good idea, actually.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 7 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:27:01 PM)

Yeah, but the point is, your orientation doesn't really answer the question.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 8 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 01:39:01 PM)

Quote:
Yeah, but the point is, your orientation doesn't really answer the question.
It seems awful ludicrous to me for a homosexual to be biased against other homosexuals. I can't see how I'd be biased against other straight people.

Maybe if you had made the poll something like "Are You Biased Against Other Sexual Orientations?"

Quote:
Some people that are women hate being so, or men, etc.
Doesn't really seem to affect the poll, IMO, but it's your poll.
Guru

Ballkicks: (+66 / -21)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 9 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 02:14:36 PM)

I have nothing against homosexuals, but I do believe that like heterosexuals they should keep the physical aspect of their relationships private.
"And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow." Ecc 1:17-18
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 10 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 03:28:37 PM)

Quoted from titben:
I am not biased against them because of their sexual orientation. For the second part, personally, I don't really want to see PDA from homosexuals or heterosexuals. Keep it in your own privacy.
It also upsets me when friends or other people I know use "gay" or "homosexual" in a degrading sense that has nothing to do with whether or not someone is actually gay.

You gave up on me along time ago
I can't say I blame you
But I'm better now having a good time
Being selfish, and drunken, and vulgar, and lazy
Bless me dark father I have sinned, I've done it before and I'll do it again
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 11 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 04:29:31 PM)

I am not bias against them. Some of them are cool, like Sarik.

Besides, if it is their choice of lifestyle, then no one but themselves should deal or interfere with it.
*is Greek, nonetheless*
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 05:10:17 PM)

It doesn't really affect the way I act. I'm good friends with several gay or bi people, and it really doesn't change much.

If anything, I'm not as harsh if I'm making fun of them or something. But I doubt I even do that.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Pissing in the frozen food section and watching it steam up? Oh yeah."
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 05:19:47 PM)

I'm bisexual. I don't see there being much difference between hetero and homo, other than sex.
How much can YOU handle?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 14 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 05:46:11 PM)

I would think differently of them, but not in a negative way.
10% Of your recommended daily dose of Jew
stew

thick soup

Ballkicks: (+62 / -7)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 15 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 05:52:14 PM)

Whatever floats your boat.
I am ahead.
I am advanced.
I am the first mammal to wear pants.
Yeah.
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reply 16 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 05:53:25 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
I would think differently of them, but not in a negative way.

Then how would you think differently of them?
How much can YOU handle?
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reply 17 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 06:27:22 PM)

i think differently of them too.

i mean, being gay is sort of choosing to be in a minority. well, i'm not saying that you choose to be gay or not, but to be openly gay is a very strong, daunting choice. i think i respect homosexuals/bisexuals just for that, but that doesn't mean i automatically like them; at that point i would assess them as i do everyone else that i meet.
when i'm horny like thirsty
you're a tall drink of water LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
pussinboots

Ballkicks: (+40 / -20)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 18 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 07:43:24 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
Keep in mind that there are two types: those in it for the sex, and those who are just attracted, not in a purely physical way, to the same sex.

You're saying that there are two kinds of queers? One's that are only gay to have sex and one's that are "normal" people??
AzN

Ballkicks: (+11 / -12)
Reply 19 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 07:44:52 PM)

Hmm.. I dont think of them any different, unless they started making out right in front of me. Then again, if its girls, I dont think I would mind as much =. But if its men, it woudl probably depend on the situation. Because if I'm stuck on a elevator with two men making hot sexy love, I would probably kill myself or soemthing. Otherwise, I would walk away and just forget it.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 20 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 07:48:16 PM)

Would you feel the same way if you were stuck on a elevator with two heterosexual people "making hot sexy love"?

If you would not feel like killing yourself because of their actions, then you DO feel differently about them.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 21 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 07:52:40 PM)

Quoted from NNY:
Quoted from titben:
I am not biased against them because of their sexual orientation. For the second part, personally, I don't really want to see PDA from homosexuals or heterosexuals. Keep it in your own privacy.

People here use "gay" in California in reference to things that are just stupid or "not cool", so, unfortunately, I'm kinda immune to it by now.
This post brought to you by the letters F and U

boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 22 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 07:55:17 PM)

Quote:
People here use "gay" in California in reference to things that are just stupid or "not cool", so, unfortunately, I'm kinda immune to it by now.
Yeah, that's what they do here, too. Apparently, they think it's "funny" or they are "immune" to it as well.

It would be funny to see how many people would like the phrase "OMG U R SO CHRISTIAN!!!" I bet that would turn some heads for once.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 23 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 08:48:53 PM)

I like faggots!
[size=2]"Wheezy looks kind of ugly" - Nail Bunny
"I think wheezy is damn fine. Mmmhmm." - Boutitben
"Wheezy is a kind, respectful young man." - Dimitrios
"I HOPE YOU GET CANCER!" - Wheezy
[/size]
The Phoenix

Ballkicks: (+46 / -17)
Reply 24 of 66 (Originally posted on: 07-12-02 08:52:07 PM)

Yay?
Things are not what they used to be; Missing one inside of me
Deathly lost, this can't be real; Cannot stand this hell I feel
Emptiness is filing me; To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn; I was me, but now He's gone...
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3109 | Total Posts: 66 ]