Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Podcasts > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 175 | Total Posts: 7 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-11-19 09:16:53 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

What podcasts does everybody listen to? Figured this would be a decent topic as it seems to be a popular media format these days.

I've got three in my rotation that I listen to regularly. There's the ever-ubiquitous MBMBAM which I don't think I need to explain.

Then I also listen to Sawbones, a medical history podcast that covers how we've treated a variety of medical conditions as well as the bunk treatments peddled to cure them. This one is hosted by Justin from MBMBAM and his wife Dr. Sydnee McElroy.

My third regular podcast is The Polygon Show from Polygon, hosted by four women (Simone, Allegra, Ashley, and Chelsea), they talk about video games and & pop culture as you would expect. It's nice listening to a podcast about stuff I enjoy from a woman's perspective, 'cause there are plenty of dudes yelling about the shit online.

Also, honorable mention, Three Guys (and a bear) Talk About Football is a nascent podcast hosted by popular twitch streamers Crendor, Alpacapatrol, Sinvicta, and sometimes BaerTaffy. They covered this past season and are just getting started (probably), but it's a pretty entertaining podcast if you like football.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 1 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-11-19 09:45:04 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am pretty basic and mostly listen to politics news podcasts.

One podcast I really like is called Reply All, it's a podcast about the internet, but it gets into investigative reporting on some pretty strange topics. I really liked the episode about telemarketing scams coming from India—the guys actually flew to India to meet with some scammers.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-11-19 10:48:51 AM)

Haven't listed to mbmbam in a couple years, didn't know it was so ubiquitous now.
balls
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 3 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-11-19 07:47:56 PM)

Quoted from D:
Haven't listed to mbmbam in a couple years, didn't know it was so ubiquitous now.

Being BFFs with Jimmy Buffet and Lin-Manuel Miranda will do that.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-12-19 08:41:17 AM)

I'm waiting for Emp to come back before I listen to his podcast
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 5 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-20-19 07:08:24 PM)

I was reminded by DrNick that this still exists; I started listening to podcasts over the summer. I mainly listen to some history ones called The History of China Podcast and also the Egyptian History Podcast. You can guess what they're about. Then there's one called Sleep With Me which is a guy with a dopey voice droning on about something until the listener falls asleep. I listen to the episodes about TNG.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 6 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-21-19 08:30:19 AM)

Quote:
History of China Podcast

Hey I try to listen to that one too. As someone with very little background of Chinese history I admit I have a lot of trouble getting anything out of it.
balls
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 7 (Originally posted on: 02-25-19 06:28:09 AM)

It gets pretty repetitive, basically the emperor dies and leaves a 5 year old in charge, the 5 year old's mother gives her family all the power, until the 5 year old has kids, dies, leaves another year old in charge and the cycle repeats.

The first few episodes also were a little hard to get into because they were about the pre-historical mythological period. But, you're not wrong.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 175 | Total Posts: 7 ]