Do not complain about how plain the layout of this document is, this document is not meant to win innovative web design awards, it is meant to inform you on the history of INTL and the forums which helped shape this forum into what it is today. At the moment, this document is in beta phase and is subject to change due to help from various forumers that are contributing to this document.
Section 1: For Newbies
If you're new to this forum, there is a ton of history that you've missed. It is not mandatory that you know this history, but it helps out to understand some of the inside jokes that some of the oldies may make. Just about everything you'll ever need to know about this forum's history either is or will be contained within this document.
First of all, if you're new, you'll need to read the fucking Terms of Service in order to not get banned five minutes after registering. Once you finish reading the Terms of Service, read it again.
If you compulsively psot liek thiz u'll find dat u wont b vary welcum @ thiz froum! ROFLOLMAO
If you want to make a thread, do yourself a favor and check out the Hall of Shame and see what kind of threads are shunned here. Also, check out the Hall of Fame and see what types of threads are embraced. Keep in mind though that pretty much everyone here knows each other from another forum, thus we are likely to look down upon new comers that act like complete fucking morons or act as if they run the place.
Just do yourself a favor and don't register an account, then post a "Hi, I'm new" thread and expect everyone to just warm up to you and offer to bare your children, this simply won't happen. If you must, lurk for a few days in order to see how everyone interacts with each other, then start posting when you are fairly familiar with the regulars. The best thing you can do to be welcomed is to make intelligent and/or hilarious comments in order to win favor with us, otherwise you're going to get flamed back to the AOL chatroom in which you spawned.
Due to advancements in forum technology, there are multiple sub-forums contained within this forum! Yes, it's true! Keep that in mind when you post and make sure you are in the correct forum. Do not post a thread about Warcraft 3 in Theater of Sound. Alternatively, keep any and all flaming, stupidity, trolling, and spamming within the Retardation Station forum, that's what it's there for.
If you are a girl and think that just because you have a pair of tits and a vagina that you are somehow above the rules and can do whatever the fuck you want, because OMG ALL THE BOYZ LUV GRRLZ HEHEHE ^_^ :). Fuck you. I, Sandamnit, do not give a flying fuck whether or not you are a girl or not. If you act like a retard, you WILL get banned and I will personally see to it that your firstborn hellspawn dies of SIDS. Any questions? Let's hope not.
With that said, let's move on, shall we?
Section 2: FAQ
How do I change my custom title?
You can not change your own custom title, only other forumers can give you a custom title. Likewise, you can change anyone else's custom title. As a result, you may be given a custom title that you don't like. Tough shit, deal with it. Complaining about a humiliating custom title WILL NOT get you a better custom title.
Wait a second, you said I can change other peoples' custom titles, but how?
You must have at least 30 posts in order to change someone's custom title.
How often can I change someone's custom title?
You can change one (1) custom title every twenty-four (24) hours.
How do I upload files to the server?
You must make 50 posts in order to unlock the upload feature. (PROTIP: Do not spam the forum in order to get 50 posts, then upload 800mb of files. Trust me, we'll notice.)
can i be a moderater?
Why is there a picture that says "NEWBIE" by all my posts?
Once you get 50 posts, you'll be able to change your avatar to whatever you want it to be. You'll be able to upload your own avatars to the server as well, although the images must weigh less than 60k in filesize.
Where can I get the software for this forum?
You can't. I, Sandamnit, wrote the forum software all by myself while naked. A friend of mine and I are thinking about releasing the source code, but it doesn't seem very likely that is going to happen.
What does the karma actually do?
Nothing really. It merely gives everyone a statistical analysis of how well someone is liked or disliked. This is merely just so that if someone with a (+1 / -50) karma calls you a "fag" that you shouldn't really take them too seriously, although if someone with a karma of (+1000 / -0) flames you, more than likely no one else is going to defend you.
How often can we distribute karma?
You can distribute as much karma as you want, but you can only give one point of karma to any given person once every seven (7) days.
What the hell is a signature and what are they used for?
A signature is a bit of text and possibly an image that you can insert onto all of your posts. You can use your signature to display your favorite quote, your own website, and so forth. If you choose to use images in your signature, make sure that these images are no larger than 200x400 and weigh less than 60k altogether.
I changed my signature, but it didn't change in all my previous posts, what did I do wrong?
Nothing. When you make a post, it reads your current signature upon posting and inserts it hand-in-hand with your post.
What the fuck is a spammer and spam?
A spammer is a person that compulsively makes posts that have absolutely zero substance in order to raise their post count. Spam is posts that have absolutely no point whatsoever. Example: “lol penis poopie.” That’s spam.
Why was I banned?
There are various ways to get banned. Read the Terms of Service and I'm sure you'll find that you've broken one or more of the violations within that document. If you can't read the TOS due to being banned, read the text-version of the Terms of Service instead.
Can I use HTML in my posts?
Absolutely not, although you can use BBCode in your posts. Consult this thread for more details.
I made a really kool kolor scheme, will you make it preset?
Perhaps. Your best bet is to send a Private Message to an administrator and ask them. The only prerequisite is that you supply a fitting name for it. If we like it, we'll make it a preset color scheme. If, after four weeks, you don't hear back from us, more than likely we didn't like it.
What are private messages?
Private messages are messages that are private, dumbass.
What’s the calendar?
It’s a calendar, duh. It’s used to display important events and birthdays.
Oh, so how do I get something added to the calendar?
PM an administrator, and they’ll get around to it if they feel it should be added.
Dude, a map! What’s that for?!
The INTL map is very simple. It shows where everyone from the forum lives, so that you may stalk them and then eventually murder and/or rape them in their sleep.
Kickin’ rad! How do I get added?
PM an administrator, and they’ll add you. Thus allowing other forumers to stalk, murder and/or rape you.
Like, what’s the gallery? Not the forum, I mean that linky at the top!
It’s a gallery of all the forumers. You can use it to find out what people look like, so you have an easier time at stalking, murdering and/or raping them.
You people are immature and I find that most of what you say offends me.
That's not a question, so fuck off.
Section 3: Glossary
AOKH: Age of Kings Heaven. This was one of the most popular old school Heavengames sites.
Angel: A staff member at Heavengames that has FTP access to the Heavengames server. Their names show up in red at the forum.
Bandwidth Leecher: A person that posts images that are not hosted on their own webspace on other webpages or forums without prior permission. When caught, the images they originally linked usually get replaced with gay porn and/or sick fetish images.
Cherub: A general staff member at Heavengames that doesn't have FTP access to the server. Their names show up in green at the forum.
GC: Geek’s Corner, the first of INTL’s specific discussion forums. Discuss things related to computers, computer games, video games, and the like.
Halo: A person that is part owner of Heavengames.
HG: Heavengames. The site where most of the original people at INTL migrated from or still frequently visit.
HOS: The Hall of Shame, where all of INTL’s bad, horrible, completely suckass threads are sent.
ID: Inside Discussions. The main INTL general topic forum.
IGod: Imperial Games Outside Discussions. A forum started by IClan_Emporer. This forum is now defunct.
INTL: Interesting NoneTheLess. This forum. Other acronyms include "IN" and "Inno". INTL is the most popular acronym used though.
KoRT: Knights of the Round Table. KoRT is now defunct.
NWS: "Not Work Safe"
OD: The main HG community forum that replaced KoRT. Many INTLers still visit it on a regular basis, although it is regarded as a lameass forum.
RS: INTL's spamming, trolling, flaming, all out anarchy forum.
SA: Something Awful. A hilarious site that some of us visit on a regular basis and/or have forum accounts at.
SD: Serious Discussions. This forum is used mainly for serious, on-topic discussions. Flaming, spamming, and other no-nos are strictly forbidden.
Seraph: The term that denotes that someone is a webmaster of a particular sub-site at Heavengames.
SPSW: Someplace Somewhere. A debate forum started by Iron Heart.
TEZ: The Erogenous Zone, the INTL sex forum. Discuss things of a, shall we say, personal matter. This forum is serious, like all the other specific discussion forums, and is not an RS clone.
TOS: Theater of Sound, INTL’s music forum. Discuss things music-related here, and nothing else. TOS is also commonly used as an abbreviation of "Terms of Service." Confusing, huh?
YYW: Yeah Yeah Whatever. The name that this site used before Sandamnit came up with "Interesting Nonetheless".
WT: Witty Tirade. A site that is run and maintained by IClan_Emporer. It's a pretty damn unfunny site.
Section 4A: Pre-INTL Timeline
Some of this information in this section isn't really all that relevant, but it makes for an interesting read and gives a good backstory to what has happened in the past. Skip to Section 4B if you only want to read INTL's history.
- Archangel creates the first Heavengames webiste called Age of Empires Heaven. Soon thereafter, the site started including Citybuilder games, as well as some other websites which are now gone (ie. Asheron's Call Heaven). As such, the site became known as "HeavenWeb".
- Vidguy becomes Administrator for the HeavenWeb forums. (thanks to Draco for the correction)
- Age of Empire is released and becomes quite a popular game. HeavenWeb's forum starts becomes popular.
- Sunshine registers an account.
- AOKH is opened, administered by Draco, and run by Angel Omnivac.
- Slowly the forums begin to transform from dark forums into a UBB forum.
March through May 1999
- The final forum transition takes place and many forumers were deleted, thus forced to reregister.
- Pieman starts flaming people and debating at every chance he can get.
- Toward May, AOKH had a new administrator, Angel Zen. Zen bans Pieman. Pieman comes back and is banned again. He would continue to come back and get banned over and over as the months would progress.
- The off-topic forum is created at Heavengames. It becomes the medium of debates for many forumers.
- Angel Omnivac is hospitalized and never returns to HG ever again. Angel Washizu takes his place as webmaster of AOKH.
- Cherub Zul starts insulting various forumers and was asked to resign from HG. He later becomes outraged with HG and was later banned.
- The off-topic forum was deleted once it turned into flame wars and religious debates.
- Age of Kings is released. AOKH splits into various forums such as KoRT (later known as Outside Discussions or OD), Strategies, General Discussions, Scenario Design, Deathmatch, and Tech Help.
- THS and Rasher become Angels.
- OD becomes more abundant with forumers such as Cherryfunk and Animalmother who debate issues. PsychoRabbot, Marf, and so forth become known as "Psychos".
- DSC becomes a Cherub, ends up finding THS's password, and deletes some forumers. He was soon banned thereafter for hacking.
- Debating starts to dwindle, even though religion becomes a big debate between forumers such as Cherryfunk and Salahudeen.
- The first Forum Election begins. The election became a race between 3 parties: Tonto_Samurai's Stabalist, Sunshine's Alliance, and Iron Heart's Party.
- On July 30th, Sunshine's party joins with Iron Heart's party. IH's party wins.
- The Party Thread is created by Dimi. 409 is mentioned for the first time.
- After running the forum government for a week, the government collapses due to an argument between Legion and the Government.
- Technical changes occurred within the forum to make it better.
- Fully_Completely and Da_Psycho get mockingly engaged.
- Sunshine becomes a cherub, taking over for IH as DM moderator.
- ElCid and Cherryfunk, among other, start a flam war amongst each other. Sunshine comes on later that evening. Being the only AOKH moderator online, she is messaged by ElCid. The message stated that there was a flame war in HG and people started flaming him for no reason. Not knowing how to handle OD flame wars, Sunshine ended it abruptly, and rather naively. Sunshine didn't quite understand the situation.
- Zen finds out about the flame war and makes Sunshine a global moderator.
- Sunshine and Rasher start planning a mock marriage.
- The next day, the forums are shutdown as Zen tries to figure out what happened.
- Cherryfunk gets banned. Sunshine loses her global moderation. Iron Heart resigns.
- Forum parodies become popular as Mr. T emerges.
- Rasher and Sunshine get married.
- Sunshine resigns from HG. BiggN takes her place as DM moderator.
- Someplace Somewhere is founded. Many previous Heavengames forumers go there to debate.
- theferret registers.
- BiggN is forced to resign from HG and is banned. Zen takes his place as DM moderator.
- Sandamnit stumbles upon AOKH and registers a forum account there.
- Sandamnit and Flaming Arrow get mockingly married, after a brief encounter in the Party Thread. This shocked and appalled a lot of people. (link)
- Chooch, Angel Zen, and Icefyre drive from Boston to Philadelphia to meet Wheezy and PsychoRabbit. (link)
- theferret gets voted as "Village Idiot" (link)
- IClan_Emporer and Wheezy get banned from Heavengames for flooding.
- SPSW starts becoming even more popular than before, while AOKH OD starts getting overrun with newbies.
- Wheezy pulls a practical joke on The Hogs, fooling him that he has been promoted to an Angel. Hilarity ensues. Although the thread is hidden.
- Sandamnit finds his way over to IGod, offers up his services, and becomes the new Forum Administrator at IGod.
- Two planes crashes into the Twin Towers, thus resulting in weeks upon weeks of people posting Flash Animations featuring the likeness of Osama bin Laden getting killed.
- The Acts of Gord is discovered, resulting in Gord gracing us with his prescense.
- Pascal discovers Chick Tracts.
- Sandamnit resigns from his Forum Administrator position at IGod, because he can't stand being Emp's little bitch.
- GPA_Breat Benze creates his first "suicide thread". He is met with mixed reactions. Some lend a sympathetic ear, others push the envelope and ridicule him. Here is what he wrote:If you are reading this post it is already too late. Call me weak, a coward, I don't particulary care. It is all to much for me. The world is much better off without me, and I will be happier than I am now.
I thank you all for the time we've spent, it was great, it really was, and I wish I could live through it again. But my time has come, my time is now.
I will not be reading any posts after this. I want to lay in my bed and die, die knowing that I have made a difference by ridding the world of my poor, pathetic self.
- Sandamnit becomes an Angel at Heavengames, much to the dismay of most people that visited rival IGod forum.
- Kitabatake posts a thread that was supposedly posted by Woolly Mammoth's brother. Apparantly, Wooolly Mammoth died in a car accident, so his brother posted the following letter:September 12, 2001,
If you're reading this than something has happened and I'm dead. Since yesterday I started thinking about my own mortality alot more and I decided to write a letter to be posted on the forums. I did'nt want anyone to think I just got sick of you guys and left . Anyway, the other point of this letter is to thank everyone here for some great times. It was a blast playing AoK and TC with the clan. But even after I lost interest in the game I still came. It's because all of you have been such great people. Tonto Clan is a truly special place. I would like to thank a few of my closest clan mates in particular. _real your founding vision and leadership made this place possible. Even when you were wrong I respected you. _Sting you rock, and you should realize it. _Marechal you may be slightly nuts but you were still awesome, keep those heathen liberals in line. _czarempire it was great playing AoK and Counterstrike with you. Also fill in the rest of the tonto roster for making this the best clan out there. Finally I would ask that someone post a message in AoKH OD to let anyone there that might notice I was gone know what's happened. Thanks for the great times.
- The idea for INTL was originally founded. Sandamnit starts writing the forum software for what would later become known as INTL.
- Wheezy coins the name of the main INTL forum: Inside Discussions and is appointed moderator of it.
- Sandamnit stops writing the forum software for fear that he might lose his newly found Angel position at Heavengames.
- Sandamnit flies out to Boston to meet Angel Zen, Icefyre, Chooch709, and Tonto Z, who are all Angels at Heavengames, for New Years Eve.
- IClan_Emporer announces his plans to create a site called Witty Tirade. He keeps reminding people how many days left until it opens on a daily basis. It was originally slated to open on March 1st, but ended up opening on March 31st, due to Emp's immense sloth and laziness. During this time, Emp started delineating into senility and becomes increasingly irritated with just about everyone.
- IGod's database crashes, which IClan_Emporer ends up blaming on Sandamnit. Sandamnit denies responsibility for the database crashing. Sandamnit offers up a solution to the problem, which is then denied, thus causing a massive fall-out between Sandamnit and IClan_Emporer.
- PsychoRabbit messages Sandamnit with the following: "inigmuh888: you should make a new forum thats better than the IGod".
- Sandamnit reopens the forum that he had started working on last December out of spite for IClan_Emporer, temporarily names the forum "Yeah Yeah Whatever" until he can come up with a better name and continues developing the forum software.
- Sandamnit then comes up with the name "Interesting Nonetheless" and registers the domain interestingnonetheless.com.
- In the matter of a few days, most of the people that posted at IGod started posting at INTL, thus destroying IGod altogether.
- The feature that you can only change other peoples' custom titles and not your own is announced.
- The file uploads feature is announced. Much rejoicing ensues.
- Geek's Corner is opened, Woadie is appointed moderator.
Section 4B: INTL Timeline
- Sandamnit officially opens INTL to the public.
- Theater of Sound is opened, PsychoRabbit is appointed moderator.
- Sandamnit resigns from Heavengames and ends up dedicating most of his leisure time to continued development of the INTL software.
- The On-Topic Discussions forum is opened, boutitben and PsychoRabbit are appointed moderators.
- A few days later, after the OTD forum hardly got any traffic, Sandamnit deletes it. boutitben then becomes co-moderator of Geek's Corner.
- Serious Discussions is opened so that people who want to debate have a place to debate without worrying about people spamming their thread with nonsense. No moderators are appointed at this time.
- The Terms of Service is originally drafted due to the influx is morons, people posting fecal porn, bandwidth leeching, and so forth. (link)
- NNY creates a "drunk thread" which soon becomes INTL's version of the party thread. (link)
- Sandamnit announces that he is going to enlist in the Army. (link)
- Flaming Arrow and PsychoRabbit are appointed administrators. At which point, Ice becomes the new moderator of Inside Discussions.
- Pluveto is fired as moderator of Serious Discussions and is replaced by Ice.
- Salamando takes Ice's place as moderator of Inside Discussions.
- Shortly thereafter, Spurlin resigns as moderator of Serious Discussions and Kyrie is appointed moderator.
- The frontpage is officially launched. This marks the end of INTL being just a forum.
- The karma feature is added. Almost immediately people start distributing karma to their favorite and least favorite forumers. This creates a somewhat "popularity hierarchy" within the forum, allowing people to statistically determine who are idiots and who are cool.
- jimmy wins the first ever "Who Wants To Be A Moderator?" contest and is thusly made a moderator of Inside Discussions.
- NNY creates another thread, which turns into a spam fest. This thread spawns the creation of Retardation Station.
- Retardation Station is created. The purpose behind this forum is to allow people to vent their pent up immaturity without cluttering up Inside Discussions with crap threads.
- "Who Wants To Be A Moderator? v2.0" flounders and jimmy retains his moderatorship.
- Sandamnit has a brief run in with some thugs from the Detroit Luv forum, due to certain members bandwidth leeching images.
- Forum Survivor begins. The contest begins with 15 people posting in a designated thread become moderators of Retardation Station. Each day one person gets voted off as moderator.
- Forum database crashes. INTL is down for the better half of a day, but comes back with no information being lost.
- Forum Survivor ends abruptly.
- Upgrades to server and new PHP configuration causes INTL to go down again. Sandamnit feared that INTL would be down for good, but ends up fixing the problem and relaunching the site again later that evening. Much rejoicing ensues.
- Forum Drama ensues when Salamando and Drahnier enter into a battle of post modification. You can read all about it by clicking here. Basically, Drahnier got fired, yet reinstated later the next day.
- The INTL Illuminati makes it's debut. (link)
- Forum drama ensues, which prompts Sandamnit to shut down INTL for what people thought would be indefinitely.
- A bunch of shit happens at others forums. People bitch and complain about Sandamnit shutting down INTL, blah blah blah
- Sandamnit reopens INTL, but instead of opening it to the public, he decides to make INTL an invitation-only forum, in an effort to try and revive INTL back to it's former state. Most of the regulars are invited.
- Sandamnit reopens INTL to the public.
- Thread tags make their debut. Much fuss ensues. Sandamnit makes a poll and allows the people that don't like thread tags to vote to get rid of them. The poll ends and not enough veto votes are tallied.
- Salamando is banned for being a dumbass. Then, he is banned again just for safe measure.
- mirthalac is made a moderator of Inside Discussions.
- Sandamnit travels to Madison, Wisconsin for a Something Awful goon meet. He ends up meeting up with mirthalac, NNY, Vash the Stampede, and Nail Bunny.
- pussinboots is the first person to be banned for using one of the MODS ONLY thread tags. Her thread is interestingly enough titled, "SANDAMNIT". It currently resides in the Hall of Shame.
- Sandamnit leaves for the Army. Much sadness ensues, doves cry, and all that jazz.
- Flaming Arrow creates "Best Avatars v3.0" which ends up becoming a deathmatch between Sandamnit's hypnotic Cookie Monster avatarand Izzy's Mr. Sparkle avatar. Sandamnit prevailed, slaying the evil Mr. Sparkle with his chinese stars made of cookies.
- "How to Create Worthwhile Posts" is published by Flaming Arrow.
- Emtilt is banned by mirthalac for trolling one of mirthalac's threads. Discussions ensue and he is unbanned a week later.
- Salamando is unbanned. On an unrelated side note, the average IQ of INTL drops by 17.5 points.
- danielle now becomes known as "peach". Cute.
- Lovely_Insanity marries danielle in INTL's first ever lesbian marriage. Adorable.
- Stoffel's girlfriend registers an account, creates a thread introduces herself, which is later sent to the Hall of Shame.
- Thai Stick Nick finds his way to INTL and obviously decides to win over the hearts of everyone at INTL by posting about how wonderful his life is within a thread titled, "Is everyone's life as fucked up as mine." Flames immediately ensue. He is banned. This event results in Stevo and jimmy being banned.
- uselessinformation posts a picture of his penis in a Retardation Station thread titled, "Ladies and gentlemen, my cock." Yep. INTL RAWKS!
- Wild Bill and antpocas insult a program called Sokkit, thus prompting the creater to register and literally own the shit out of them. (link)
- The upstanding citizens of Detroit Luv attempt to invade INTL, but are defeated by the denizons of INTL. Again, INTL RAWKS!
- pussinboots registers under the name "Dramamine".
- Salamando creates a thread titled, "I'll leave if this thread hits 1000 replies" or something like that, whatever. The thread reaches 1000 posts, yet he doesn't leave. Finally, he is quoted saying, "please ban me," so Sandamnit does. Woops.
- Inuyasha registers and creates a thread using the BANME tag. He is thusly banned. He then goes to SPSW, bitches about it, then cleverly dubs Flaming Arrow, "Flaming Faggot". Flaming Arrow owns the shit out of him. This whole fiasco results in a few people from SPSW migrating to INTL. Gotta love free publicity.
- Forum Survivor II is created by Flaming Arrow.
- Sandamnit comes back from the Army on a two week leave for Christmas.
- Various new features are announced: an event calendar, new private message layout, "Most Recent Searches" which is then taken down due to it slowly down load times, and all incoming searches for "burger king christmas", a shitty Flash animation, from Google, Yahoo, and AOL are redirected to an image of tubgirl (NWS). Once again, INTL RAWKS!
- Best Avatars v4.0 is created by Sandamnit.
- The First Bi-Monthly Stanknogger Memorial Awards is announced by Flaming Arrow.
- The Picture Gallery is announced. It's sole purpose is to centralize and showcase various personal images of various forumers. (link)
- The INTL Map is announced. The INTL map can be accessed by clicking here. It's purpose is to give a visual representation of where various forumers live through the world.
- Marcher starts a minigolf tournament in which forumers compete against each other in an online minigolf game. Eventually, people lost interest and it’s never actually finished. (link)
- Sandamnit taunts Danielle/peach with the idea of becoming an administrator. She has yet to become one.
- Six new personal forums are created due to Sandamnit being way too bored on New Year's Eve. They are as follows: Danielle's Lesbian Orgy Fan Club, NNY's Drunken Irish Pub and Brothel, Sunny's Movie and TV Forum, Useless' Happy Fun Forum of Information!, Ztolk's Awesome Forum of Yamacas and Mozza-Balls, and Tyr's Secret Foot Fetish Hangout.
- Tyr gets pissed off about the possibility of Danielle becoming an administrator, then decides to post a rather long chatlog between him and Danielle, which ensues in forum drama and the arrival of the notorious IClan_Emporer. This thread currently resides in the Hall of Shame. (link)
- IClan_Emporer creates a rather fucking hilarious thread titled, "An Open Letter from IClan_Emporer to Danielle and Tyr". (link)
- Flaming Arrow posts the sequel to the much-loved thread “Post Pictures of Beautiful Women.” Version 2 is not quite as successful, but still a hot-ass thread. (link)
- FISHMANPET starts the thread “You give me characters, I write porn stories.” It’s quite successful, and several orgasms result from it’s creation. It also spawns a parody thread, “You give me characters, I write horrible porn stories.” by Dimi. (link)
- Another referral redirect is added: "thong". Basically, much like the above "burger king christmas" redirect, anyone searching for "thong" will now be redirected to the following image: hot_bitch_in_thong.jpg (NWS).
- After Dimi and Pascal both post their baby pictures, a huge battle ensues. Forumers must determine who is the cutest baby. In the end, Dimi beat out Pascal 25 to 6. (link)
- Brad starts a Photoshop Competition, which becomes incredibly popular. Hundreds of entries are submitted, but in the end, Blacksun comes out on top. (link)
- The INTL Graveyard is created in order to increase server speed and to lower CPU usage. It becomes a haven for threads that haven't been updated for approximately 150 days. The other alternative was to delete the threads, so yeah...
- Sandamnit's two-week leave ends and he is forced to return to Georgia to continue his training.
- The “OMG!” tag is altered slightly. It’s color is changed from orange to blue, and a small black border is added around the edge. (link)
- After Zippo changes her avatar to a picture of Darkwing Duck's arch-nemesis Negaduck, JamesMartigo makes a thread asking her to change it back. In that thread, several people, for reasons unbeknownst to us, change their avatars to attractive female Disney characters. It starts out with only a few people doing it, but then quickly becomes a new forum fad. (link)
- Our good ol' friend izzy generously offers to create some bee-yoo-tee-ful avatars for the use of the forum populace. (link)
- Flaming Arrow owns the shit of some lame legendary game designer at an Everquest forum. The people rejoice. (link)
- Wheezy bans NNY420 for spamming and then deletes her account, much to the chagrin of the rest of the forum. He later apologizes and NNY420 reregisters as Spazz. (link)
- The SpankMag invasion begins after a few forumers from Spankmag.com tell all their friends back at the SpankMag forums to come and post at INTL. Resident INTLers are disgusted, and quickly repel the invaders. The few forumers who initiated the invasion, namely Nova and Skye, are shunned and doomed to be lapdogs for the rest of their forum lives. (link)
- Swiss creates a thread in which he Photoshops the panties off of an attractive brunette. Two things happen. Si Nep is upset that's he too dumb to realize all of RS is NWS, and Nova gets creamed by Flaming Arrow for talking about his cock too much. (link)
- The forum custom title craze is started when the name of Retardation Station is changed to "Retardation Station: Fucked Your Mother." (link)
- Dramamine posts a thread in which you MSPaint valentines for your favorite forumers, in honor of Valentine's Day. The thread is incredibly successful, and eventually moved to the Hall of Fame. (link)
- Mr. Rogers dies of stomach cancer, and the entire forum mourns the loss of one of America’s greatest men. (link)
- Sandamnit comes up with the CA-RAZY idea of marketing INTL merchandise. The forum loves the idea and backs Sandamnit, yet it never seems to take off. (link)
- Balsawood Keyboard is accidentally banned after Sandamnit bans Salamando’s ISP. He is without the forum for hours until Sandamnit fixes the problem, and he then returns. (link)
- PsychoRabbit creates a thread calling out Nova and Idiot-Boy, which then results in Nova getting banned. When Sandamnit finds out about this, he reassesses the current INTL staff. In effect, PsychoRabbit and Wheezy are removed as administrators, mirthalac and Baggy_Brad are made administrators, NNY is made moderator of Inside Discussions, and Mojo is made the moderator of Serious Discussions. (link)
- Flaming Arrow starts a thread entitled “Jokes about forumers!” in which you make jokes directed at specific forumers. It’s quite popular, and pretty dang LOL. (link)
- Loudspoken Intellectual, an SPSW forumer, arrives at INTL and immediately flaunts his big brain to try and win over the forum populace. He fails terribly, and has his name changed to Loudspoken Fucking Retard. (link)
- A bug in the karma system is discovered where if you click the link to give someone karma multiple times, you end up giving them loads of extra karma. This is immediately made a bannable offense if anyone is caught purposefully doing it. (link)
- Sandamnit asks Xanadu (Spazz) if she will have sex with him for 500 dollars. She agrees, and they plan on having the sex when Sandamnit visits Madison in July.
- After a suggestion by Baggy_Brad, a new forum is created, The Erogenous Zone.
- Salamando gets banned from the Something Awful forums, then decides to come back to INTL and cause some havoc. He is then promptly banned by Sandamnit.
- Sandamnit announces that he'll be going to Korea in July. In which case, he also wants to make plans to organize an INTL meet before he leaves.
- Stevo starts the “What Do I Think of You?” trend with his similarly titled thread. (link)
- Forum Survivor 3 kicks off. It ends with Blacksun and Jimmy at a tie, and they are both allowed to be moderators of RS for an entire month. (link)
- Nova starts the Hottest Male Forumer (link) and the Hottest Female Forumer (link) contests. They’re incredibly popular but lead to some minor flaming.
- Sandamnit announces his intent to add banner ads to INTL. (link)
- Coca-Cola creates a thread entitled “Choose or draw a picture best describing the person who posted before you.” and it’s incredibly successful. It’s eventually moved to the Hall of Fame. (link)
- Mingan, who lives in Holland, decides to fly all the way out to Canada to meet Danielle, who lives in Alberta, Canada. The forum automatically assumes they both had dirty immigrant sex, but both parties vehemently deny it. (link)
- Flaming Arrow creates a new "Post Your Photo!" thread. This one is rather popular and exceeds the 300 reply mark. It's later moved to the Hall of Fame. (link)
- In honor of April Fools' Day, and out of sheer boredom, Flaming Arrow allows INTL users to change their screennames. Fecefactory07 requested the name "Ileus", Skye asked for "Cyanide", Nova requested several names like "Prisoner 129" and "Dr. Q", Comrade Stalin returns to being "Woadie"...and so on and so forth. The best name change goes to UnDefineD, who requested the screenname "Jesus", and the funniest one (though short-lived) was when Sandamnit changed Kitabatake's screenname to "Kitabukkake". (link)
- Forum Survivor IV is created by Jimmy. It's not very popular, and I don't think it ever finished. (link)
- MurphGuitar creates a really stupid thread, wondering why we're allowing Sunshine to remain a mod when she's staff at HG. He assumes that INTL is basically an anti-HG forum, which it isn't. He gets flamed, and then basically quits his job as TEZ mod. Vervet and Socrateius end up replacing him. (link)
- Nova creates a thread asking people to rate his ugly female friend from 1-10. Most of the forum rates her a five. She finds out and threatens suicide, then disappears. Apparently she's found and is a dumb bitch. Blahblah. (link)
- Sandamnit changes his avatar back to the much loved animated Cookie Monster, and celebration ensues. (link)
- Uselessinformation returns, and the forum populace celebrates. Sadly, he doesn't stay long and ends up leaving again. The forum is sad, and several people commit suicide because of this. (link)
- Nova creates a thread entitled "Classic Threads Over the Past Few Months," yet he only posts links to threads he made or was a part of. He is then terribly owned by PsychoRabbit and runs away in shame. (link)
- Drahnier is banned for flaming and trolling in TEZ, and decides he never wants to return. Even after he is unbanned, he fails to return until much later in the month. (link)
- Nova, after the aforementioned flame war is over, decides to take Flaming Arrow's suggestion to "Give up and leave" to heart and posts a goodbye thread in ID, with the BANME tag. He is promptly banned, permanently. (link)
- The TOS is amended to list details about smurfing as a bannable offense after banned forumers created fake accounts and returned repeatedly. Also, the importance of an active e-mail account is stressed, and the word "banananation" is introduced after Nova returns with a smurf named "Banana". (link)
- Mirthalac creates a Men-Only forum, and it's rather short-lived. Instead of being a macho paradise, it ends up collapsing due to the lack of estrogen and the overpowering amount of homoerotic tension. A female forum is also created, but is not quite as popular. (link)
- Brad adds a new smilie. The Asian smilie. It's received by a lukewarm celebration, but people eventually grow to like it. ^_^ (link)
- Danielle, in a fit of insanity, moves all the way from her boyhood home in Alberta, Canada to live with Calagorm and NNY in Madison, Wisconsin. (link)
- Melanie, who lives in New Orleans, decides to drive out and visit Sandamnit, who is currently stationed at Fort Gordon, in Georgia. They stay in a hotel room over the weekend, and the entire forum assumes they had loads of sex. Surprisingly, neither parties deny nor confirm it. (link)
- Jota starts a thread in which he expresses his desire to become a belly dancer. Unbeknownst to him, this would spark a small, yet very memorable, forum fad that would continue into the beginning of next month. (link)
- NNY, who had previously lived in Madison with Peach and Calagorm, decides to move to Minneapolis to live with his sweetheart Greenidentity after being unable to find a job in Madison. Once he arrives in Minneapolis, he quickly finds a job at Target. Yay for NNY!
- One of INTL’s thread tags, the Satire tag, was unused and taking up space. Flaming Arrow creates a poll asking people if they wanted to replace the old Satire tag with the “Help!“ tag. The people agree to this, and it is done. The "Jew.gov" tag was also introduced along with the possibility of adding animated thread tags, but they never really take off. (link)
- Several hundred tornadoes hit the region of the United States known as "Tornado Alley." Socrateius is MIA for a few days, but eventually calls Izzy to let him know he's ok. His house is undamaged, and his family is unhurt. (link)
- Stormraider, after expressing his desire to return as moderator of Retardation Station, is re-appointed to that position. The new forum regime begins. (link)
- Some of the biggest forum drama ever occurs between Sandamnit, Melanie, Flaming Arrow and Jimmy. Many flame wars break out, feelings are hurt, and some people leave the forum for good. (link)
- Sandamnit, pissed at the way RS has become the only forum people visit, and at the way flaming is being discouraged, closes RS until people learn how to use it correctly. Time will tell if RS will return or not... (link)
- A year-old thread was resurfaced by a newbie named sprUceWOLF in which Danielle/peach had posted a image that qualified as bandwidth leeching. Windex, Nova's newest smurf, points this out in a thread about recent bannings and Danielle is thusly banned by Sunshine. (link)
- Sunshine mysteriously gets banned by an unknown source, which is later found out to be NNY. However, it was merely NNY's account which banned him. It turns out that Calagorm banned Sunshine using NNY's account, because of the fact that Sunshine banned Danielle a few days earlier. He was able to do this because NNY's account was still logged in on his old computer. You see, Calagorm and NNY used to be roommates, before NNY moved to Minnesota. Once it is found out that Calagorm did this, Calagorm's account was permanently banned, NNY was suspended temporarily as a moderator of Inside Discussions, and Danielle/peach was removed as a moderator of The Gallery and banned (but unbanned a few days later by Sandamnit), since she lived with Calagorm and it has become apparent that Calagorm could not be trusted around a moderator account.
- In the wake of peach being removed as a moderator, Kitabatake was made a moderator of The Gallery.
- An INTL v3.0 discussion forum is opened in order to possibly build up some hype and also to get opinions and feedback on the future changes to the site.
- The Erogenous Zone and Retardation Station, which had previously been hidden from the public, become open to public view. Which basically means that you can view them if you aren't logged in.
Section 5: Conclusion
If there are any problems with this FAQ whether it be incomplete, anachronistic, or just plain wrong, please contact me, Sandamnit, so that I can fix it. That's it. Go home.