Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > Indiana fuckin Jones > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 662 | Total Posts: 12 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-22-08 09:59:07 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

How 'bout this? I just got back from it and loved it. I saw a couple of the old ones (Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade). Don't remember them too well, but I remember liking them a lot, so I was excited about this one. Wasn't disappointed.

I think i'm going to go back and watch the others again though.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 1 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-22-08 10:25:58 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am skeptical because Shia LaBeouf is annoying as fuck, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Also, I rewatched the old ones recently, and they didn't seem nearly as good as I had remembered them, which was kinda a let down.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
D
Administrator

Reply 2 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-22-08 11:48:42 PM)

Well I was always a fan of Even Stevens, so that might make me biased, but I liked Shia LaBeouf in it.
DragonQ
Your worst nightmare.

:)

Ballkicks: (+7 / -7)
Reg. Date: Apr 2008
Reply 3 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 04:25:53 AM)

I am going to see it tonight big grin

I don't ever remember coming out of a film and thinking "that was crap" so I suppose I'm easily pleased...
D
Administrator

Reply 4 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 12:13:43 PM)

Yeah i'm usually the same way. At least I used to be.
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 5 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 04:29:05 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
I am skeptical because Shia LaBeouf is annoying as fuck, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Also, I rewatched the old ones recently, and they didn't seem nearly as good as I had remembered them, which was kinda a let down.
yeah I recently re-watched one of the old ones and was bored out of my mind which made me not care at all to see the new one.

I like Shia LaBeouf though, even stevens fo life.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 6 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 07:10:06 PM)

Saw it at the midnight release and loved it; but I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan to begin with.

I very nearly wore my fedora to go see it and would totally go see it again.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
DragonQ
Your worst nightmare.

:)

Ballkicks: (+7 / -7)
Reg. Date: Apr 2008
Reply 7 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 08:49:36 PM)

I thought it was OK. Not great though, but then I haven't seen a full Indiana Jones film before so I wouldn't have got all of the nods/references that I'm sure were there. It was just way too farfetched and the utterly unrealistic happy ending was annoying too.

But meh, as I said, twas OK.
D
Administrator

Reply 8 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-23-08 10:46:54 PM)

Well its Indiana Jones, in the other movie he tracks down the Holy Grail and finds a knight still alive from way back when. I don't think it would be Indiana Jones if it weren't a touch ridiculous.

I had no problems with the ending, again its Indiana Jones, so its not really the type of movie to have a depressing thought-provoking ending. I don't see how it was unrealistic, I assume that it was fast-forwarding in time a few months at least.

I also haven't seen the old ones in a while, and wished I had marathoned them beforehand so I would get all the references (I couldn't tell exactly but it seemed packed with them).

Lucas seems to have a pretty good grip on making adventures.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 9 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-24-08 04:12:49 PM)

Its suppose to be 10 years after the last indiana Jones film, 1957 I think.
D
Administrator

Reply 10 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-24-08 04:16:14 PM)

I was talking about the ending.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 11 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-25-08 11:13:41 AM)

I thought the ending was fine.

Hell, they rode off into the sunset on horseback at the end of the last one.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
geographyhorse

Ballkicks: (+6 / -1)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 12 of 12 (Originally posted on: 05-25-08 06:36:50 PM)

I enjoyed it. It was simply what an Indiana Jones movie was supposed to be and did not stray from the standard format. There was really nothing new going on and that was probably a good thing for the movie.
kjlkjh9io
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 662 | Total Posts: 12 ]