Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Token iPhone Thread > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 5248 | Total Posts: 47 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-09-07 02:08:59 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I followed Endgadet's live coverage of Steve Jobs' keynote. I'm sure there will be actual articles put up very soon, but here's a link to the keynote to get a good idea of what's going on.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-macworld-2007-steve-jobs-keynote/
I'm excited about it. I'll see if I can wrestle up the $600 for 8 gig model.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
FMP writes erotic stories better than anyone else I know. - Socrateius
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 1 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-09-07 05:32:52 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just saw an article about it and I must say...I'm in love <3<3<3
Its like watching tv except its a show about wet clothes.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 2 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-10-07 01:21:55 AM)

Except it's old technology since it uses GSM/EDGE while UMTS has already launched months ago?
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy
animatedcardigan: i just want sex
<Snook> penis makes me hungrier than you could ever know LOL IM SUCH A FAG!![/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
FISHMANPET

Reply 3 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-10-07 02:53:12 AM)

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to cell tech, so I don't really know anything about the networks. I'm betting it's not very hard to get this phone to work with any carrier (not from the end users point of view, but the manufacturers). Just put a little different chip in it. I for one don't care, because I'm a Cingular customer, and I'll never pay for mobile broadband. I live in the middle of a huge city, I should be able to find Wifi if I need to look up a map.

All that being said, I wish it had a bigger hard drive. I've got 27 Gb of music, and 5 Gb of pictures (as well as ~500 Gb of video, but I don't expect to be able to take all of that with me). If this iPhone is going to replace my cell phone, my iPod, and my PDA, I need to be able to carry around all my music and photos. A graphing calulator program would be nice to, but that's another story...
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 4 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-10-07 10:48:41 AM)

I'm sure once this thing hits the market, the hot ticket item on eBay will be the unlocked version of the iPhone because of the recent degradation of Cingular's service, causing many to switch over to Sprint, Verizon, and T-Mobile. The reason why Apple chose Cingular is a no-brainer -- it's the largest wireless carrier in the U.S despite these flaws.

I hate multiple functionality on phones. My current phone doesn't even have a camera. I'd rather have three separate devices (phone, pda, mp3 player) that each cater to my needs than have one device that may have some good features but are a compromise of what I really want.

That being said I hope that my sister gets one of these to beta test so that I can play with it. coal
<Snook> penis makes me hungrier than you could ever know LOL IM SUCH A FAG!![/w]

ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 5 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-11-07 06:32:24 PM)

I'm impressed, but it's one of those things I know I'll never actually own.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

Ballkicks: (+288 / -77)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 01:18:07 AM)

This is going to be a problem. A product with the name iPhone already exists. The Linksys iPhone has been around since 1997 and they have the rights to the trademark. So, will Apple have to change the name or will they find a way to bully Linksys out of the trademark? This will be entertaining to watch.

As the folks at Slashdot suggest, perhaps the iPod Phone would be a good name. You could then talk on your iPP while playing with your Wii.
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
FISHMANPET

Reply 7 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 01:40:31 AM)

Actually, Cisco has the trademark for a line of VoIP phones they're soon releasing.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Reply 8 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 07:29:19 AM)

Quoted from FISHMANPET:
Actually, Cisco has the trademark for a line of VoIP phones they're soon releasing.

Linksys is a division of Cisco...
"We've arranged a civilization in which most crucial elements profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces." -Carl Sagan
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 9 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 09:49:50 AM)

I'm pretty sure if Apple want's it they're gonna get it.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 10 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 09:53:35 AM)

Apple may get away with it because they are two different technologies. Linksys's iPhone is VoIP device whereas Apple's iPhone is a cellular device. But on the other hand, that may be too similar.

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 11 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 01:42:30 PM)

Quoted from Science Brad:
As the folks at Slashdot suggest, perhaps the iPod Phone would be a good name. You could then talk on your iPP while playing with your Wii.

"Who's down with iPP
(Every last homie)
You down with iPP
(Yeah you know me)"

I watched a video displaying the iPhone's abilities on YouTube and it looks pretty bitchin'. The whole touchscreen idea is awesome, in my opinion. It completely solves the problem with trying to fit a qwerty keyboard on a tiny phone.
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Reply 12 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 02:21:06 PM)

Maybe not.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=75076573

Quote:

computer hardware and software for providing integrated telephone communication with computerized global information networks

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=74431935
Quote:
communications terminals comprising computer hardware and software providing integrated telephone, data communications and personal computer functions

Though it appears that the latter one:
2007-01-12 - Canceled Section 8 (6-year)
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 13 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-12-07 07:23:44 PM)

I want one.

when they are cheap MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 14 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-13-07 09:06:18 AM)

So I just finished watching the keynote last night and would sell a kindey for one of these.

So if anyone needs a kindey I'll trade you for an iPhone.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 15 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-15-07 01:48:35 AM)

At work, my friend showed me the keynote and ranted and raved about how he wanted an an iPhone and how kick ass it was...then annoyed our token attractive female coworker about it, then annoyed me again, then annoyed us both at the same time.

He got especially annoyed when we both expressed how much we didn't want one because who the fuck needs all this shit?

I have a prepaid cellphone and 300 minutes for every two months (if people stop fucking calling me)...I'm happy. It's not that I'd never use all the features...it's that I'd use them too much and would probably end up in jail for running over a child.

Maybe one day...but probably not one day. Technology will be insanely advanced by the time I have any interest in this...and at that time there will be something better...I just hope it doesn't have a lower case i in it's title because that will always annoy me.
Sex
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 16 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-15-07 01:09:38 PM)

To be honest, I don't even have an iPod, let alone am any closer to getting one.. Or getting an iPhone... thing...

My cellphone doesn't even take pictures. At least I HAVE a cellphone, that's good enough for me (gotten me out of some jams).
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 17 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-15-07 02:38:24 PM)

Can someone please explain this hysteria I'm reading about it not being "3G"? What will it lack by not being 3G specifically?
FISHMANPET

Reply 18 of 47 (Originally posted on: 01-15-07 07:39:58 PM)

From what I've heard, it means it won't have the bandwidth to download multimedia content. This seems really stupid to me, because the iPhone seems like a perfect device for the iTunes Music Store.
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 19 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-07-07 06:22:58 PM)

I want one, but I also want the iPod features with harddrive space.

And I'm curious to how Apple is gona play the europe market. Carrier-exclusive phones are more or less unheard of here, and I've never seen 2-year contracts.

I'm just baffled by the US phone market. I can't seem to wrap my head around it, but it seems to me that carriers are rapin americans.
http://www.thebigdealshow.com/
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 20 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-07-07 09:47:58 PM)

Quoted from Yogi:
but it seems to me that carriers are rapin americans.

You've just wrapped your head around it.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
FISHMANPET

Reply 21 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-07-07 11:37:47 PM)

Quoted from Yogi:
I'm just baffled by the US phone market. I can't seem to wrap my head around it, but it seems to me that carriers are rapin americans.

I think European consumers have far more power than American consumers.
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 22 of 47 (Originally posted on: 02-08-07 09:35:28 AM)

So I saw a think on the lynksys website about how Cisco is suing apple over using the iphone name, which cisco has trademarked. Maybe I'll look that story up after class.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6323595.stm
An atom walks into a bar looking very depressed.
Bartender: What's wrong?
Atom: I've just lost an electron.
Bartender: Are you sure?
Atom: Yeah, I'm positive.
This reply was last edited on 02-08-07 10:19:21 AM by mmac.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 23 of 47 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 07:06:07 PM)

So has anyone bought/played around with one of these yet?
Exchange of the Week
animatedcardigan: i'll stick with vissario
animatedcardigan: vissario needs a woman like me to keep him in his shell
Only One Catch: "i'll stick with vissario"
Only One Catch: i don't think anyone has ever said that before in life

Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
Science Brad
INTL Premium Member
sigh

Reply 24 of 47 (Originally posted on: 07-04-07 10:36:27 PM)

Not me. When I went to upgrade my phone they tried to get me to want to buy one, but for almost 600 dollars for the phone itself not to mention the pricey service plans it was a pretty loud no way. Also if you have a 64-bit operating system you are screwed as you can't activate it through iTunes [this will change soon hopefully].

tl;dr: No.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 5248 | Total Posts: 47 ]