Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > X-men 3 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 6286 | Total Posts: 51 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-25-06 11:25:55 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, I just watched X-men 3. It was an alright movie, nothing spectacular. The best part of the entire movie was stolen right from an internet sensation.  That's right, the Juggernaut actually says "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch."  I would recommend going to see it matinee, but don't pay full price.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 1 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-26-06 12:45:30 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I thought the best part was that there was a Snakes on the Plane preview. big grin
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[01:19] witty tirade: wait wait wait
[01:19] witty tirade: let me get this straight
[01:19] witty tirade: I'm the thin attractive one
[01:19] witty tirade: and you, the fat one, are making fun of me?
[01:19] witty tirade: no sir I do not believe it.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-26-06 06:58:53 PM)

double post... ZOMG
Rather than filling it overfull, its better to stop in time.
Sharpen the blade to a point, but the edge won’t last forever.
Gold and jade may fill the house, but no one can retain them for eternity.
Boasting of wealth and virtue, brings trouble on oneself.
Reticence when the job is done, is the Way of heaven.

This reply was last edited on 05-26-06 07:44:21 PM by Nickolati.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 3 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-26-06 06:59:27 PM)

Yeah... the borrowed line from the net was hot. As for the rest of it...

Complaints.

Archangel was only in it for about 5 minutes.
Juggernaut was a watered down version of himself.
Nightcrawler wasn't in it.
Professor X dies.
Magneto is gimped.
Wolverine didn't get his adamantium ripped out.
Phoenix sucked ass.
I was kinda sure I saw Colossus for a second, but it was really just a faggot.
Marrow was a fat ugly dude.
No fucking sentinels.
They introduced the Murlocs, but no Gambit?

Good things about the movie.

I would say seeing Rebecca (I don't care about her enough to spell her name correctly) Romijn-Stamos naked, but I don't think she is that hot.

Beast was the coolest part of the movie.  

I will get into more detail oriented stuff when I have people to argue with. I don't wanna give too much of it away.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 4 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-26-06 09:13:06 PM)

I am seeing this movie tomorrow and am very excited because I love special effects.
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 5 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-26-06 09:58:16 PM)

My tennis coach is a professional Hugh Jackman impersonator so I am required to go. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Work-work-work. Gnaw-gnaw-gnaw. Build-build-build. Must hurry
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 6 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 02:42:16 AM)

I went. It was pretty cool. The best part was that me and 8 friends of mine all dressed up as different Mutants to go to the movie. It was hilarious and awesome. I was wolverine. Pictures will come eventually.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 7 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 06:35:05 AM)

Quoted from Dimi:
I went. It was pretty cool. The best part was that me and 8 friends of mine all dressed up as different Mutants to go to the movie. It was hilarious and awesome. I was wolverine. Pictures will come eventually.
NO WAY! Me and my friends are too!!

AND I'M GOIN AS MUTHA FUCKIN' WOLVERINE TOO!! My brothers going to be Sabertooth, Amanda I think is going as Jean Grey and my other two friends I totally forgot.

We must compair pictures i'm a serial-killer :)
Alloy
Grammar Whores Unite

Androgynous Mystic Wizard

Ballkicks: (+95 / -20)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 8 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 06:59:59 AM)

I wanted to see this, but if  Nightcrawler isn't in it , I'm not going to bother.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 9 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 12:16:07 PM)

Quoted from Alloy:
I wanted to see this, but if  Nightcrawler isn't in it , I'm not going to bother.

That pissed me off more than anything.
D
Administrator

Reply 10 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 12:52:58 PM)

The biggest issue I have with all of the X-Men movies is the total lack of Gambit.  
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
D
Administrator

Reply 11 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 12:55:33 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Alloy:

Oh and for the record, this didn't really bother me much at all.

I think a lot of people aren't going to like this movie because a lot of the favorite characters die, and thats unpopular I guess. Personally I loved Dr. X, Jean, Cyclops and all that, but it doesn't make it a bad movie cause they died. I heard some people behind me complaining "They killed Dr. X. You can't do that. You just can't do that. This movie is retarded." Bah! 
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 12 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 02:56:40 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Alloy:

I think a lot of people aren't going to like this movie because a lot of the favorite characters die, and thats unpopular I guess. Personally I loved Dr. X, Jean, Cyclops and all that, but it doesn't make it a bad movie cause they died. I heard some people behind me complaining "They killed Dr. X. You can't do that. You just can't do that. This movie is retarded." Bah! 

I would be okay with them killing Xavier as long as they did it tastefully.

In the comics Phoenix flew to the center of the sun because she was too scared of her powers. Do you really think that Wolverine's claws would kill her? That was gay. 

The events in the movie make me think that they are leading up to Apocolypse.

Why introduce a character like Archangel so briefly if this is the last X-men movie?

Mutants lost their powers... Apocolypse restored powers in the comic books... Archangel was one of the orginal 4 horsemen.

Rogue will go to Muir Island to get her powers back, and she will find Mystique... she will learn that Mystique (who will also become one of the horsemen) is her step mother.

Archangel will have metal wings.

Gambit may show up because of the Murloc slaughter that took place on Alcatraz in the previous movie, since he was leader of them in the first place... This will open up a back story between Gambit and Storm.

Magneto will be a good guy in the new movie. He will use Apocolypse to get his powers back.  

D
Administrator

Reply 13 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 03:34:36 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Alloy:

In the comics Phoenix flew to the center of the sun because she was too scared of her powers. Do you really think that Wolverine's claws would kill her? That was gay. 

Well I think the point was that when Wolverine killed her, she sunk out of being Phoenix and was being Jean again, and she allowed for Wolverine to kill her.

I'm not sure your hypothesis of whats gonna happen with getting the powers back. At the end of the movie they implied magnetos powers were already coming back slowly, as if they were hinting the cure was only temporary.
Also, did you see the scene at the end of the credits? Seems Dr. Xavier is still alive, and that he transfered his conciousness into the guy that was just a vegetable in the hospital.  

Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 14 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 05:59:20 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from Alloy:

Well I think the point was that when Wolverine killed her, she sunk out of being Phoenix and was being Jean again, and she allowed for Wolverine to kill her.

I'm not sure your hypothesis of whats gonna happen with getting the powers back. At the end of the movie they implied magnetos powers were already coming back slowly, as if they were hinting the cure was only temporary.
Also, did you see the scene at the end of the credits? Seems Dr. Xavier is still alive, and that he transfered his conciousness into the guy that was just a vegetable in the hospital.  

I left as soon as it showed Magneto playing chess.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 15 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-27-06 08:31:34 PM)

I saw it tonight, and  GODDAMMIT WHEN WILL I LEARN TO STAY IN THE THEATRE UNTIL THE CREDITS ARE DONE ROLLING!? 

I thought it was good, not great. It's the kind of movie I'm probably only ever going to watch once, and it's not like I'm a huge X-Men fanboy, so I was satisfied, although  I thought it was a bit of a sell-out that in the end Wolverine and Beast used the cure against Magneto. They were all against it and then they use it on each other, laaaaaaame. 
goatsnacks
Administrators

Reply 16 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-28-06 12:06:59 AM)

This movie did not dissapoint.

I tried looking like Wolverine but looked more like Bill from King of the Hill. I think that means I'm out of shape MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Making all the 'bad guy' mutants goth was stupid though. Acupunture Man's special move 'The Cuddle' was definitely a winner!
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 17 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-28-06 01:29:44 PM)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

http://imdb.com/title/tt0499519/

X-Men was originally contracted for 5 feature movies, I don't know if these 2 counts as number 4 and 5 or if there'll be 2 more after them.

And I think this review sums up the movie well:
Quote:
"The Last Stand isn't awful, but Ratner lacks Singer's subtlety and ability to cleanly navigate convoluted story lines crammed with super-powered characters."

ps, where did Storm's accent go? MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper].___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Links: Penny Arcade, YTMND, Something Awful.

This reply was last edited on 05-28-06 01:41:52 PM by ba.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-28-06 05:41:25 PM)

Quoted from British Agent:
ps, where did Storm's accent go? MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Didn't she drop the accent after the first movie? Because it was terrible?
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 19 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-29-06 05:11:37 AM)

...was there an X-Men 2? That completely passed me by. Was it straight to video or anything?

Also, what happened in X-Men 1? I've seen that movie four times and don't remember a single detail. Is there an ongoing plot?
Tiger

One Big Happy

Ballkicks: (+34 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2006
Reply 20 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-29-06 05:14:12 AM)

ahh sorry. My internet is being a slow shit tonight.
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-29-06 11:43:53 AM)

X-Men 2 was out in theaters like 3 years ago.
Me
I am clothed and male.

To the rescue

Ballkicks: (+62 / -43)
Reply 22 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-29-06 12:27:17 PM)

Quote:
...was there an X-Men 2? That completely passed me by. Was it straight to video or anything?

Also, what happened in X-Men 1? I've seen that movie four times and don't remember a single detail. Is there an ongoing plot?

1: Magneto tries to turn humans into mutants using crazy device on top of statue of liberty
2: Evil man working for goverment captures Xavier and through his physic son (and a drug that controls mutants) tries to get him to kill all the Mutants using Cerebro.
Unmotivated

My G-d is offended by the letter o.

Ballkicks: (+61 / -14)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 23 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-30-06 04:28:24 PM)

I'm pretty sure that all the younger mutants in the movie (ie. Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Pyro) are all contracted for 2 more movies, but the bigger name people, like Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry et al aren't. Which might be why they  killed off many of the older characters.  
kayte
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 51 (Originally posted on: 05-30-06 05:40:26 PM)

Hmm, maybe, but Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman are also contracted, for Magneto and Wolverine (respectively), though I suppose if the younger mutants are also in those movies, it would satisfy their contracts. However, I doubt that this will be the last X-Men movie, "The Last Stand" really doesn't mean much (Final Fantasy lol).
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 6286 | Total Posts: 51 ]