Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Comments, Suggestions & Announcements > Taking the forums down on Thursday, March 30th, 6pm Central Standard Time > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 3861 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
(Originally posted on: 03-28-06 08:11:27 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

THE FORUMS ARE NOT BEING SHUTDOWN PERMANENTLY

With that said, let me explain what is going to happen.

I will be shutting the forums down so that I can begin backing up the database, uploaded files, scripts, etc, so that they can be easily restored once the server has been formatted and has its operating system reloaded.

Once the forums have been shut down, they will not be back up until after the operating system has been reloaded and reconfigured. I will likely be ordering the OS reload on Friday or Saturday and then reconfiguring the server once it comes back up. I hope to INTL back up and running smoothly again by Monday, but it may be as last as Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Hopefully sooner though.

Basically, once the server has been formatted and brought back up, I will be reinstalling MySQL, PHP, and Apache, then restoring the file structure and files for the website and bringing it back up. Shouldn't take too terribly long to do, but there are usually hiccups that happen that can't really be anticipated. No files will be lost, no data will be lost. I am going to be trying my best to make this as smooth as I possibly can to minimize downtime, but I'm only one person, so lets face it, there's going to be some problems.

Once the forums come back up, I'm going to need you guys to seriously help me out as far as identifying any and all problems you encounter. For example, if you can't upload files or thumbnails don't show up in the gallery. Shit like that.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up by saying that this is only going to cost $25 to do, there is no $150/hour administration involved, because I will be doing all the administration myself (i.e. installing apache, mysql, php, etc).
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 08:38:31 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Jeez dude, way to give me a panic attack.
Good luck with the saving of the INTL.
<Amphy> you're awesome
<Vervet> no you're awesome
<Amphy> no YOU'RE awesome
<Vervet> No, YOU'RE awesomE
<Amphy> NO YOU'RE AWESOME
<ifo> i hate you guys.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 10:07:44 AM)

THE FORUMS ARE BEING SHUTDOWN PERMANENTLY!! omg everyone panic.

Well that is good news at least that intl wont be gone forever.
Blogroll The Party Live
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 11:11:28 AM)

When I first read this, the word "Not" did not immediately register. What I read was:

THE FORUMS ARE BEING SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY

I guess scares like that are good for the circulation. Thanks for doing all this work for us ungreatful bastard forrumers. As soon as I get my paycheck for the work I'm doing between now and the end of the summer, you'll get a donation.
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 11:12:27 AM)

Things are still going according to plan. kekeke u give soj??? Good luck, Sandy.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 11:12:28 AM)

Bye internets!

I'm just glad they're coming back up.
Realize that falling in love with someone is just the results of a series of generic events that can occur between you and basically anyone who meets your standards of attractiveness. It's just an emotional manifestation of a handfull of chemicals bouncing back and forth. It's not the holy grail of living, it's not your reason to exist and it's definitely not something reserved for "that one person". Accept that you are just an animal with a big brain that allows him to fret over what only amounts to a game of hormone pool. What you're feeling is not your soul dying a gurgling, ugly death, but withdrawal. All the happy chemicals that saturated your body when you were with her are kicking out cold turkey, and your body is screaming bloody murder, where are my fucking endorphins? It's just chocolate. Find a new bar.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 11:41:07 AM)

Good luck, Jeff.

When we come back up I'll do my best to look for rips in the space-time continuum.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 12:13:31 PM)

Quoted from Kitabatake:
Good luck, Jeff.

When we come back up I'll do my best to look for rips in the space-time continuum.

Its those damn sliders again in league with Captain Kirk that is causing our issues.
Blogroll The Party Live
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 02:21:41 PM)

My heart literally dropped into my stomach when I read the thread title, but then I felt reassured when I saw the bolded text.

I still love the INTL (more than Amphy)! *licks screen*
http://forums.interestingnonetheless.net/display.php?tid=4368

Doesn't the manatee kind of look like a guest on the Ricki Lake show? "Uh, Ricki, I'm here because I'm endangered." Then one of those mean people in the audience would offer up the advice, "Yeah, I want to say something to the sea pig!" "That's sea cow." "Whatever. Sea pig, you gotta get yourself an education and a job!" "Uh, I live in the ocean." "It just so happens you live in the ocean 'cuz you ain't got no job!" "I don't know what you're -" "You gotta get in Weight Watchers, some kinda program!" "I have a layer of blubber to keep my body warm in the water..." "Whatever, talk to the hand." "I dont have a hand!"
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 03:57:43 PM)

Thanks for putting in the hard work, Jeff. Donation of some kind coming very, very soon.

And +k for awesomely tricky thread title.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-28-06 10:04:03 PM)

I assume that in addition to the forums, the other subdomains will also go offline?
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +v Jew
* FlamingArrow sets mode: +o Jew
<FlamingArrow> AHHHH ZIONIST TAKEOVER
*** FlamingArrow has left #INTL
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+914 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-29-06 10:40:10 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
I assume that in addition to the forums, the other subdomains will also go offline?
Yes, the ENTIRE server will go down. I will be backing all the subdomains up though, so don't worry about that. I will do all the footwork to get them all restored to a working condition as fast as I can. First priority though is to get the message board up. Then I can work on the subdomains afterwards.
Sixten Sparre
Épater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-29-06 10:51:18 AM)

It's like intl is having a cardiac bypass or something along that style
Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, and Sassy.
Tazzo
teh TEH evar EVAR funnay FUNNAY :rolleyes:

When a couple of kids who were up to good started making trouble in my neighborhood

Ballkicks: (+668 / -110)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-29-06 03:27:49 PM)

thanks for all the hard work pal
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-29-06 03:32:21 PM)

Will we be losing any of our uploaded files?
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1764 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-29-06 04:32:39 PM)

Quoted from peach:
Will we be losing any of our uploaded files?

Quoted from Sandamnit:
I will be shutting the forums down so that I can begin backing up the database, uploaded files, scripts, etc, so that they can be easily restored once the server has been formatted and has its operating system reloaded.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-30-06 03:06:58 AM)

Wow, nearly made me CRY on my birthday!

Dude, you're doing a stirling job for us...
Quote:
ungreatful bastard forrumers

I believe in you.

Computer games don't affect kids! I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-30-06 09:14:57 AM)

This makes me sad, I will be without a loading homepage for a few days. I will not forget this.
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-30-06 12:08:48 PM)

Bye, INTL, I'd be too good for you this weekend anyway!
Who you know ever
Seen God?
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 03-30-06 04:46:50 PM)

Ten minutes and counting.
"Ah Florida... just think! Somewhere in this state, Jeb Bush is eating a live puppy."
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3861 | Total Posts: 19 ]