Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I'm On Leave! Now Where The Fuck Do I Go? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 10391 | Total Posts: 99 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:00:09 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Basically what the thread title says. I'm on leave until the 25th of November and want to get acquainted with the country I've been doing nothing for in the desert for the past year. I have a few destination points along the way, but I'll let you guys guide me for a bit. Here's how my scedule works out so far.

Leave Nashville, TN tomorrow morning (November 10th).

Stop in Clyde, Ohio on or around the November 18th to visit with old college chums.

End my voyage in Bonfield, Illinois on November 20th to visit family for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.

Basically that gives you guys 8 days to determine where I should go and what I should do. I'd like to spend a day in each place I stop to get trashed and meet and greet with the locals. That leaves me time to take a few suggestions and get random pictures of road signs which involve humorous words. I will be driving the entire journey, no flights for me. I'd like to stay out of mountains to avoid overkill on my car, but otherwise I'll go anywhere reasonable in driving distance.

Things I'll be taking with me:

My cell phone. I'll post the number in here if anyone wants to call and keep me from driving off the road when my caffeine levels run low.

My laptop. If I get lucky enough to find a hotel along the way with broadband access, I'll jump online and leave my location.

My camera. It's nothing special and if I see a random giraffe on the side of the road, I'll be ready to take a picture of it.

Clothes. Duh.

A shitload of music (I need time to burn some cds before I go).

My digital video camera. I don't have many tapes or memory for it, but I'll do what I can with it.

Now it's time I listen to you guys for a bit. I'm travelling alone, so if anyone can think of something that will be nice to accompany me on my travel (funny hat to get attention in bars, a PA system to yell at traffic, a pet goldfish named Delilah, whatever), then I'll consider it and possibly add it to my list. Also, if anyone is willing to tag along and can either make it to Nashville overnight or manage to be at a stop along the way, I'd enjoy the company (not a rapist).

Remember, be reasonable with suggestions. I'm going to avoid doing anything illegal unless I find it really entertaining or if it leads to MUWHAHAHA 1NT3RNET!!!! FAM3!! (not really).

Now the catch. You guys have about 13 hours to make these suggestions before I go to sleep or pass out drunk, most likely the latter. If anyone wants to hold an impromtu little meet along the way, just call and let me know (I'll post my number before I take off in the morning) or leave a message in this thread, I'm sure I'll check in on it every few days.

DEADLINE FOR SUGGESTIONS ON CARRY ALONG ITEMS IS: Midnight Central Standard Time Tonight (Nov. 9th)

Now, take me wherever you guys would take me.
If my ears could talk, they would say, "Thank you, Zorak. You have enriched us both."

This reply was last edited on 11-21-05 08:42:48 AM by Wandering Idiot.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 1 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:25:46 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

The Province of Nova Scotia offers you 4 forum members who will happily get you drunk and show you some of the local female night life.
www.thepartylive.com
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:26:12 AM)

If you make it to this neck of the woods, I'm sure I can manage to get you trashed at a decent party. Other than that, good luck and I look forward to reading about it.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch m-...
- Hoban Washburne
Pilot, Serenity
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1764 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:34:37 AM)

Get a really big cowboy hat to wear. And chaps, wear chaps too.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Reply 4 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:41:48 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Get a really big cowboy hat to wear. And chaps, wear chaps too.
ASSLESS CHAPS! I can get a cowboy hat, from my father. I might buy one if they come in lime green just for randomosity. Chaps are a bit out of my reach at the moment but I'll try to dig some up.

I might be able to make it up to Nova Scotia weather and time depending. I don't really have a game plan lined out besides leaving from Murfreesboro (just outside Nashville) tomorrow after getting slightly trashed tonight.

Fuck it, I'm putting the phone number up now in the original post.
If my ears could talk, they would say, "Thank you, Zorak. You have enriched us both."
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 11:17:40 AM)

Would it bother you if I call you after getting drunk this weekend?
abused
i done told you once bitch

Looks and acts like a douche-bag

Ballkicks: (+820 / -208)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 11:52:48 AM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
The Province of Nova Scotia offers you 4 forum members who will happily get you drunk and show you some of the local female night life.

True enough i'm a serial-killer :) It's far, but worth it.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 7 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 12:54:22 PM)

Yeah you could give Kayte a tumble
www.thepartylive.com
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 8 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 01:16:18 PM)

I'll send you $20 to post pics in TEZ.

Otherwise, I recommend you just get on the highway and go without a plan, stopping in random places to meet random people. It would sound fun to me, that's how you meet the most interesting people.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reply 9 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 02:09:47 PM)

Quoted from Chimp:
If you make it to this neck of the woods, I'm sure I can manage to get you trashed at a decent party. Other than that, good luck and I look forward to reading about it.
He neglects to mention at this point where I would have my way with you.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
[00:57] <IF0> you missed a big debate.
[00:57] <IF0> between myself and STFU.
[00:58] <IF0> he says i'm selfish because i don't put effort into contributing at intl, to which my response is "i don't particularly care enough about INTL to put effort into contributing, other than perusing it for amusement"
[00:58] <the_red_chimp> ...wait
[00:58] <the_red_chimp> he contributes?

[15:18] <mmac> you think you're more of a man than I am?

[17:43] <IF0> i saw your ass
[17:44] <MsPT> perfect
[17:48] <MsPT> wait..are you talking about my ass or my boyfriend?
[17:52] <IF0> ...your ass.
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 02:30:43 PM)

You can come to Chicago and hang out. My friends are pretty rad, but I'm kind of an art fag sometimes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fauxtank
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 03:10:56 PM)

I'm in Nashville as of the moment, had to do a little last minute shopping (power inverter and FM transmitter for mp3 player).
Quoted from peach:
Would it bother you if I call you after getting drunk this weekend?

It would hold no negative effect, seeing as how I'll probably be drunk as well.

Sounds intriguing, however, I'm not up for making a mess with forum drama.

Quoted from Chimp:

I might actually have to do that.

Quoted from IF0:
He neglects to mention at this point where I would have my way with you.

That's why I carry 6 inches of Gerber combat folder knife steel.

Quoted from nimo:
You can come to Chicago and hang out. My friends are pretty rad, but I'm kind of an art fag sometimes.

When I leave from Ohio I might be able to drop by. It's practically on the way to Bonfield anyhow, just a slight detour.

Quoted from mmac:
I'll send you $20 to post pics in TEZ.

Otherwise, I recommend you just get on the highway and go without a plan, stopping in random places to meet random people. It would sound fun to me, that's how you meet the most interesting people.

I plan on taking the long country routes and avoiding interstate travel unless necassary. Tomorrow morning I'm going to flip a coin and see if I head east or west. Whichever way I go I'll just spiral my way back around to Ohio then Illinois.

I doubt that I'd make it to Nova Scotia, considering the massive distance and it would probably take me the better part of at least two days travel. But, I still don't know where I'm really going, so it's always a possibility.

Plans for tonight are to find a giant green cowboy hat (settle for tan, however), a few pints of Krystall Weissen and to sip on some Jack Daniels until about 1am while in the Boro.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, it might be wiser to call after 6pm CST tonight. I'll be able to check this thread maybe once more before I get drunk, pass out and completely forget what the hell I'm doing (putting a sticky note on my forehead to remind myself). After tomorrow morning it will be rather sketchy as to when I'll be online again for the next 10-12 days.

Thinking I should invest in a Magic 8 ball to guide my path.
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reply 12 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 03:13:35 PM)

At one point you could've met me, TRC, Soccy, Ileus, and Scott if you came here. But I think only myself and TRC are in the area. Soccy and his stupid Harvard.
Adopt a leggo my eggo ifo.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1305 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 13 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 03:16:06 PM)

Go for Ontario and don't get drunk with a minor! It's got pollution. what am i

There's some good wings and pita and coffee shops around, though. By the way, I'm thinking West is easier (than North/East) anyway, just because of the border stuff anyhow.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 14 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 03:22:27 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
At one point you could've met me, TRC, Soccy, Ileus, and Scott if you came here. But I think only myself and TRC are in the area. Soccy and his stupid Harvard.

Ileus might be in town this weekend for his birthday or something maybe. I don't know.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch m-...
- Hoban Washburne
Pilot, Serenity
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 15 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 04:48:02 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:

Yahoo thinks it would take 22+ hours of travel time (Google: about 1 day 3 hours)from Clyde to Acadia. That's a long trip when only Mr Excitable has offered my services on behalf of INTL big grin
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 16 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 07:24:00 PM)

Quoted from kayte:

Yahoo thinks it would take 22+ hours of travel time (Google: about 1 day 3 hours)from Clyde to Acadia. That's a long trip when only Mr Excitable has offered my services on behalf of INTL big grin

That's not as bad as I thought for travel time, but I still wouldn't be up that way until Saturday at the earliest if the Magic 8 ball (I bought one) points me that way.

I managed to steal a Sprint wireless internet card from my father. He's not using it so I'm just sitting in my car fucking around online right now. He's got unlimited minutes, so it'll come in extremely handy for the trip.

Current location is Murfreesboro, TN. I'm waiting on a fiend of mine to get off of work so we can get trashed (pictures might be taken, but not to be counted on). I must have pissed off nature, because it's raining like all hell down here. So I'm in my car, in a book store parking lot, it's raining and my windows are foggy. It's been so long since I've even seen rain (about February) that I don't even want to go out into it.

I've got about two hours to kill before I make a beer run for tonight's drunkeness, so if anyone wants to shoot the shit, I'll be on YahooIM: all_hail_my_penguin.
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 17 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 07:36:48 PM)

You can come to Alabama and watch me do homework and watch my football game in Oneonta Friday night. They're the #1 team in the state so it's big!
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 18 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 07:52:39 PM)

I debated on heading south before I even started this thread, and it didn't seem like a grand option. Too many slack-jaw hillbillies down there with too little sense and knowledge of the world (no offense, it's just the impression that the south gives). Also, I'm not looking to wander into barfight country. Thanks for the option, but it's been considered and beaten with the shovel of dead travel plans.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 08:57:32 PM)

YOU ALL SUCK. No one wants to come to NS MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

Just get an 8-ball of cocaine and a hooker and post about it.
www.thepartylive.com
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 20 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:37:01 PM)

I was rather considering it actually. The more I think about it, I don't think I'll have the chance to tour the east coast while making my way to a foreign neighboring country, so I might actually go for it.

My only concern is whether or not they will let me across the border without a passport. I'll have to look that up before I leave in the morning. If I can get by legally, I'll definitely consider it more heavily.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 21 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:56:22 PM)

You can write a paper for me if you like.
The fox knows many good tricks, the hedgehog only one.
One good one.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 22 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 10:58:10 PM)

Yo, come to Philly. I need a wingman for tomorrow night.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 23 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 11:11:07 PM)

I was rather considering it actually. The more I think about it, I don't think I'll have the chance to tour the east coast while making my way to a foreign neighboring country, so I might actually go for it.

My only concern is whether or not they will let me across the border without a passport. I'll have to look that up before I leave in the morning. If I can get by legally, I'll definitely consider it more heavily.

I think you're okay for not having a passport, it's not yet a requirement for crossing the border (though it will be by 2008 I guess), just bring some official ID type things.

Quote:

The Government of Canada today submitted its official comment to the U.S. government on the proposed Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. The proposed initiative would require all travellers, including Canadians, to present a passport or other documents indicating citizenship and identity when entering or re-entering the U.S. from the western hemisphere.

Currently, U.S. citizens, Canadians and some citizens of other countries in the western hemisphere are not required to present a passport to enter or re-enter the U.S.

http://w01.international.gc.ca/minpub/Publication.asp?publication_id=383301&language=E

You probably have some sort of military ID?

I grew up in a border town. I'll be telling my kids about the good ole days when I crossed the border just to go to McDonalds or a movie and we didn't need no stinkin' passports.

(Also when I flew back into NY from Dominican the customs guy at JFK asked, if I flew TO Dominican from NY, why I didn't have a stamp noting my entrance to the US? I told him I came through Maine and we were both like :laughi'm a serial-killer :)
Snowy
INTL Premium Member

i always try to make a statement with my fashion...thats why today i wore a crop top with a pic of richard nixon captioned: growl at sweat

Ballkicks: (+899 / -313)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 24 of 99 (Originally posted on: 11-09-05 11:26:03 PM)

Come to NZ. You can sleep in the spare room and listen to the strange bzzzzzz noise coming from the wall that separates us at night.

"My 1991 brawl with a transvestite is still the classic. He was a big guy, so once I got him down, I kept decking him. Then I saw the cops and thought, 'Hmmm. Danny Partridge beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite hooker. I should probably run.' I listened to my own high-speed pursuit on the stereo of my car after beating the [bleep] out of a transvestite prostitute. That's bitchin'. "
- Danny Bonaduce, man among men.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10391 | Total Posts: 99 ]