Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Most anticipated games > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2290 | Total Posts: 32 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
(Originally posted on: 08-28-04 10:38:03 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I figured now would be a good time to do one of these since summer is over and the holiday releases are well on their way. So which of these games have your hopes through the roof?

Personally most of my video game preferences are part of a series of games. So these are the games I am anticipating the most:

Silent Hill 4: It's already out in Japan and from what I hear it's really good. It's such an expiremental installment that it would be ok if it wasn't great. If it were to suck completely I'd be pissed though.

San Andreas: It'd be hard for them to fuck GTA up and with the info that is out now, it promises to be the best in the series. Waiting until October is going to be painfull.

The really big one is Metal Gear Solid 3, my expectations for this game are much higher than any other on its way. A new trailer is out with the American voice acting and it is beyond cool. This game simply cannot suck or I'll cry.
What Girls Think of Smokey
"He owes me child support!" - lovekills
"He owes me a child!" - Zippo
"He owes me Joel's untimely death" - Katii
"I'm a dyke!" - Dani

This reply was last edited on 08-29-04 10:44:30 AM by Smokey.
GrahamStokley
3DB Will Set You Free

To fat to be a ninja. Must be a ghost.

Ballkicks: (+90 / -15)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 1 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 05:57:39 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from Smokey:

Silent Hill 4: It's already out in Japan and from what I hear it's really good. It's such an expiremental installment that it would be ok if it wasn't great. If it were to suck completely I'd be pissed though.

San Andreas: It'd be hard for them to fuck GTA up and with the info that is out now, it promises to be the best in the series. Waiting until October is going to be painfull.

Also Sims 2, from all the screenshots and information this sounds like it's going to be highly addictive.
Life is just a riddle, here's a clue: A moments only temporary, let to many go and they'll be history too
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 2 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 09:47:52 AM)

Metal Gear Solid 3
GTA : San Andreas
DDR Extreme for PS2

These are probably the last PS2 games I'll ever buy.
<Vervet> VAGINAS LOOK LIKE ROSES
<Vervet> MARY MAGDELENE
<Vervet> MARY MAGDELENE
Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 10:54:21 AM)

World of Warcraft - It's my only hope as far as MMO's go now that E&B is all but dead.

Star Wars: Battlefront - I am a GEEK. Most geeks like Star Wars and/or Star Trek That should be a valid enough reason for you people.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - see above Star Wars game.

Call of Duty: United Offensive - Anybody who has played COD will know why this x-pack will be a must-have.

Hopefully there aren't any other games coming out this year that I am going to want.
Ваш Бог мертв
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 11:11:31 AM)

Battlefront seems like a concept that LucasArts could very easily fuck up, but then I've heard that it's shaping up to be a great game. I'll be buying it.

Honestly, LA's really got their act together now. Their worst recent games are like 7/10's in my opinion.

United Offensive is... eh. I liked Call of Duty, and I might pick it up for the single player.

Halo 2. And I know there's a lot of people who didn't like Halo, but they should seriously try this. I got a big multiplayer video from one of the levels, and the one-flag CTF is awesome, makes strategy and defense worthwile.

Neverwinter Nights 2. The engine (important part) is being done by Bioware, and Obsidian (new developer that's doing KOTOR 2 for them as well) is doing the core module.

I'm not really anticipating HL2, but it'd be cool if it came out with a demo.
Tabaxus

I post at INTL and all I got was this lousy title

Ballkicks: (+53 / -24)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 5 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 11:20:38 AM)

Woadie- World of Warcraft won't be out this year. They just implemented a class in the last patch, half of the classes don't have talents. The last patch really made the game a lot *less* fun (more grinding, higher equipment dependancy, much much harder to kill monsters).

There is a rumor of a November release date. Anyone who has any interest in this game better hope they don't try to meet it, because the game isn't even close:/ Not to what Blizzard has the potential to release, though.

That said: www.worldofwarcraft.com There is a stress test that is going to happen soon that is 'open to the public'. So go, sign up, play WoW for 7 days and have it brutally taken away from you.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 6 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 11:39:48 AM)

Halo 2
Fable
Doom III for the Xbox
Woadie

Communism works in principle, and so do I

Ballkicks: (+52 / -11)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 12:13:07 PM)

It will be out but not in November. It will hit the week before Christmas.

I've already signed up on multiple computers LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

I also have a connection that can get me into phase 5 if it goes that far before open of which I am not sure.
Ваш Бог мертв
Tabaxus

Reply 8 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 02:11:09 PM)

Again: If it is released this year, it will be a steaming pile of crap. You should be hoping it isn't released until probably Spring, honestly.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 9 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 07:03:35 PM)

Rome: Total War: It should be fucking self-explanatory.

Battle For Middle Earth: I desire to crush the fucking bitchy Elves with my Nazgul in glorious 3D.

Axis and Allies: I love A&A, and they're finally making the Computer Game I wanted to see it become. It should be a good mix of TBS and RTS a la the Total War series.

Star Wars Battlefront: See Woadie's reasons.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Passionate Apathy: Not just a paradox, but a lifestyle.
Bill
INTL Premium Member

Thanks to id's "Can't see shit!" technology, Doom3 will run great on any computer!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -54)
Reply 10 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 07:28:18 PM)

Quoted from Tabaxus:
Again: If it is released this year, it will be a steaming pile of crap. You should be hoping it isn't released until probably Spring, honestly.

Are you talking about WoW? I've played the beta..I never saw a single bug. In fact, it looks more polished than many released games I've played.
Tabaxus

Reply 11 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 08:13:35 PM)

Yeah, I was talking about WoW.

In the time that you played, did you get to the higher-end content? That is where the bugs/balancing issues/tradeskill issues really start to "shine".

Also, have you played since the level cap was raised to 55? This last patch has made the game much buggier, and less fun in general due to 'balancing'.

The end content isn't anywhere near finished (the level cap is still 5 levels under what is planned for release, and from level 45-55 the content is relativly sparse), battlefields/raid content have yet to be introduced (They havent even worked on the system to link multiple groups together for raids, yet). The content for Horde across all level ranges is lacking. Trade skills are relativly worthless. Half of the classes don't have talents yet (and talents are a huge part of the classes, the only real customizeable character progression) and the ones that have them have issues with talents that are clearly inferior/superior.

Edit: Oh, they havent even started on Hero classes either, which is their 'star' high-level content.

Its more polished than a lot of these games are when they are released, but its nowhere near "Blizzard release standards". Especially since they don't need to be worried about getting it out before Christmas- the game has a massive customer base already that reaches beyond normal MMORPG boundaries.
This reply was last edited on 08-29-04 08:23:10 PM by Tabaxus.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 12 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-29-04 08:50:48 PM)

In order of release date:

* Highly anticipated

-The Sims 2
-Rome: Total War
-Evil Genius
-Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
-Earth 2160
-Halo 2
-Prince of Persia II: Warrior Within
-Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
-Dungeon Siege II
-Black & White 2
-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
-StarCraft: Ghost
-Battlefield 2

I doubt I'll actually buy even half of those, but I'm still looking forward to them.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
noose
NOOSES: get hung!

Ballkicks: (+11 / -4)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 13 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 12:16:17 AM)

MGS3: Snake Eater, GTA San Andreas, and then MoH: Pacific Assault for pc. After MGS3 and San Andreas, I doubt I'll buy any more ps2 games.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 14 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 12:32:41 AM)

Fable and Guild Wars are all I'm really waiting for. And Fable went gold so I'm extremely happy.
Sith
INTL Premium Member
Mango

Snake high score hog

Ballkicks: (+50 / -6)
Reply 15 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 06:06:54 AM)

Halo 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
GTA San Andres
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Quoted from IB:
Halo 2. And I know there's a lot of people who didn't like Halo, but they should seriously try this. I got a big multiplayer video from one of the levels, and the one-flag CTF is awesome, makes strategy and defense worthwile.

I saw that too and I agree it looks awesome, though I wasn't too impressed with the player's skill. Can't wait to try out dual-wielding.
TheShadowDawn
Cautiously optimistic

Draggy

Ballkicks: (+82 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 16 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 08:49:10 AM)

Knights of the Old Republic 2 looks good. It probably won't have much on the originality or substance side of things, but then again, those weren't the reasons I liked the original.

Half Life 2 I expect to be a solid and fun game. While I fail to be excited at it, I'm certainly anticipating it.

Neverwinter Nights 2 I'm interested in, but not sure of yet. NWN was lackluster as far as singleplay went. It might have worked for casual gamers, or if you were into custom module stuff, but I'm more someone who wants a solid singleplayer campaign.

That more or less sums up my entire anticipatory gaming interest.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
Sith
INTL Premium Member
Mango

Snake high score hog

Ballkicks: (+50 / -6)
Reply 17 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 10:34:41 AM)

Quoted from Smokey:
A new trailer is out with the American voice acting and it is beyond cool. This game simply cannot suck or I'll cry.

May I ask where you got the trailer with american voice acting from?
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reply 18 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 01:39:49 PM)

There's an SH4 english demo in the new Official Xbox Magazine.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 19 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 03:13:10 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:
Well actually, if the eating/working out thing turns out to be a big pain in the ass, it might really hurt the game experience. Normally after beating the first 3/4 of the missions, I just go around driving and shooting people, so having to stay buff, etc. could really piss me off...

Quote:
The really big one is Metal Gear Solid 3, my expectations for this game are much higher than any other on its way. A new trailer is out with the American voice acting and it is beyond cool. This game simply cannot suck or I'll cry.
So far it looks great, but the new camo feature could be hard to use, and like GTA:SA the eating thing could turn out to suck. I have high hopes for this one.
Creed's Breakup: Ironically reaffirming my faith in God.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 20 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 05:44:49 PM)

Quoted from Smokey:

Reading through EGM at a friend's today, it got 8.5's from all three reviewers.

I'm also looking forward to Fable, despite the lack of a PS2, GC, or other thing.
"There's nothing more stupid than white guys trying to dance to black music."-My mom, while watching "Hardball" on television.
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reply 21 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 07:03:12 PM)

Quoted from Sith:
Quoted from Smokey:
A new trailer is out with the American voice acting and it is beyond cool. This game simply cannot suck or I'll cry.

May I ask where you got the trailer with american voice acting from?

I streamed it on www.Gamestop.com I think you have to register for a free account before viewing it though.
What Girls Think of Smokey
"He owes me child support!" - lovekills
"He owes me a child!" - Zippo
"He owes me Joel's untimely death" - Katii
"I'm a dyke!" - Dani
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 22 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 09:55:38 PM)

In no particular order...

Battle For Middle Earth I really, really hated all of the other LoTR games, so hopefully this one will make up for the shitty-ness of the other three.

Halo 2 Enough said.

GTA San Andreas Everyone knows and loves the GTA series, but to be honest I'm not really too sure about this one. I'll buy it, of course, but the whole gang-theme seems really ridiculous to me.

Sims 2 I used to play The Sims all the time, until it got boring because the expansion packs were never really that great. But with all of the stuff they're adding to the game, it's going to be twice as addictive as before.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory So far, the Splinter Cell games are my all-time favourites, so I am really, really looking forward to the third one because it looks like it's going to be fucking awesome.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 23 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-30-04 10:26:18 PM)

I just downloaded and played the demo for Evil Genius.

The demo's very limited, but it looks to be a pretty fun game. Very very similar to Dungeon Keeper, if you're familiar with that.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+48 / -41)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 24 of 32 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 12:29:37 AM)

Rome: Total War
Guild Wars
Fable
Halo 2
KOTOR 2
WoW
SW: Battle Front

BA did you hear that Ghost got canceled or someone pulled funding for it? I read it in a magazine I was flipping through at a store.
I Object to Pirates as Son-in-Laws!
We Object to Major Generals as fathers-in-laws.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2290 | Total Posts: 32 ]