Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What do you people look like these days? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 ] [ Thread Views: 24821 | Total Posts: 542 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 75 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-19-14 03:24:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I can't tell if I have gray in my beard or it's blonde.
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1936 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 76 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-19-14 05:44:02 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There was some talk about lumberjacks?

I took another one with my ushanka on but it made me look less like a lumberjack and more like an Raskolnikov out for an adventurous evening.
balls
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 77 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-19-14 10:40:23 PM)

Ahahahahaha I this picture so much
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1255 / -281)
Reply 78 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 01:16:37 AM)

Quoted from Tonto Goldstein:
my hair is closer to blonde now and my beard comes in really dark so we should be okay. unless it all averages.

B....bu....but you're the ginger! I...don't know what to feel.

Quoted from Sunny:
I have the opposite. You can't really see it in that photo because the lighting is terrible, but while my hair is dark, my beard comes in slightly red (especially around what would form a goatee). I suspect it is the Irish/Norsemen genetics.

I got the same red in my beard/mustache when I used to have one. Considering all of my ancestors are from some part of the British Isles it's not too surprising.

Quoted from Stegosaurus_D:
Same thing happens for me. It's hard to tell from afar because the black ones outshadow them, but when you look up close I have a lot of red and blonde beard hairs, especially in the chin area.

Now that is kinda weird. Are you 100% Greek?
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 79 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 07:42:45 AM)

Quote:
Same thing happens for me. It's hard to tell from afar because the black ones outshadow them, but when you look up close I have a lot of red and blonde beard hairs, especially in the chin area.

Depends on what you mean. Contrary to Greek propaganda, Greece hasn't had a hermetically sealed gene-pool identical to that of ancient Athens in the golden era. My mom's region probably hasn't been majority Greek since the reign of Heraclius. It is now "100% Greek" because when Greece exported the entire Turkish population in the 1920's, Turkey did the same thing and Greece settled almost all the immigrants in this area. The huge majority of remaining native population were almost all Slavic speakers, but Greece was eager to keep it's newly gained provinces and insisted that these people never were Slavs, but Greeks (purely bred since ancient times) who had been forced into speaking Slavic and assimilated Slavic culture centuries ago by invading armies, and never went back. So to correct this, they were forced into speaking Greek by the new invading army and have since assimilated a Greek culture. Serbia used a nearly identical playbook north of the border. Villages on either side of an imaginary line settled by the friendly new nations of Serbia and Greece were now populated by people who were, are, and always will be Serbs. Or Greeks, depending on which side you're on.

That said, Greeks aren't all dark-haired. Strangely, I don't think any of my grandparents had black hair or dark eyes, even though I've got both.
balls
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 80 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 08:56:52 AM)

I read the whole thing and his answer possibly not
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 81 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:00:01 AM)

Quote:

Depends on what you mean. Contrary to Greek propaganda, Greece hasn't had a hermetically sealed gene-pool identical to that of ancient Athens in the golden era. My mom's region probably hasn't been majority Greek since the reign of Heraclius. It is now "100% Greek" because when Greece exported the entire Turkish population in the 1920's, Turkey did the same thing and Greece settled almost all the immigrants in this area. The huge majority of remaining native population were almost all Slavic speakers, but Greece was eager to keep it's newly gained provinces and insisted that these people never were Slavs, but Greeks (purely bred since ancient times) who had been forced into speaking Slavic and assimilated Slavic culture centuries ago by invading armies, and never went back. So to correct this, they were forced into speaking Greek by the new invading army and have since assimilated a Greek culture. Serbia used a nearly identical playbook north of the border. Villages on either side of an imaginary line settled by the friendly new nations of Serbia and Greece were now populated by people who were, are, and always will be Serbs. Or Greeks, depending on which side you're on.

That said, Greeks aren't all dark-haired. Strangely, I don't think any of my grandparents had black hair or dark eyes, even though I've got both.

Hmm, I didn't think about all the Slavic peoples in that area. I think my main point was that as far as Europeans are concerned, red hair is believed to have originated in Northern Europeans, specifically Germanic and later Scandinavian tribes, so it must be exceedingly rare for a Greek person to have red hair. But then the Slavs come into the picture, and who knows, ancestors of the Varangian Guard from Constantinople too.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 82 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:22:45 AM)

Quoted from Flaming Arrow:
Quote:

Hmm, I didn't think about all the Slavic peoples in that area. I think my main point was that as far as Europeans are concerned, red hair is believed to have originated in Northern Europeans, specifically Germanic and later Scandinavian tribes, so it must be exceedingly rare for a Greek person to have red hair. But then the Slavs come into the picture, and who knows, ancestors of the Varangian Guard from Constantinople too.

Yeah but my main point is we've all mixed gene pools quite a bit. Some histories have Genghis Khan being a red-head.
balls
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 83 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:26:08 AM)

Hmm, yeah that's true. I forgot there's a lot of redheads among steppe peoples.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 84 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:47:31 AM)

Could that just be convergent evolution? Isn't lactose tolerance supposed to have developed independently in both northern Europeans and northern Asian populations?
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 85 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:50:28 AM)

Could be. I'm not aware of much genetic intermingling between Nordic/Germanic populations and Turkic/Central Asian populations.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 86 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 09:57:49 AM)

Could be, but for centuries the steppe tribes lived nomadic lives picking at the neighboring civilizations from China and India to Persia and Rome. There is a lot of genetic diversity in Steppe peoples. I would say it's unlikely.
balls
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 87 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 10:07:22 AM)

Could be.

In other news, I am very pretty.

Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 88 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 10:13:24 AM)

You should smile.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 89 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 10:20:47 AM)

I am smiling in that photo.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 90 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 02:06:58 PM)

Quote:

What's your opinion on what Greeks from antiquity looked like?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 91 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 02:13:28 PM)

I don't have an opinion to speak of. Seems intuitive that the best way to get an idea would be to look at the surviving sculptures and descriptions in surviving literature? I think there is plenty of info to get an idea if you care to.
balls
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+129 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 92 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 04:18:12 PM)

Weird picture, but just now -- post graduation celebration.

edit: husband did not like himself in former picture
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
This reply was last edited on 12-20-14 04:35:21 PM by just_dandy.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Reply 93 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 12:50:16 AM)

Can I interrupt here to say that the title I gave you is fucking awesome.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 94 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 11:12:39 AM)

I don't have an opinion to speak of. Seems intuitive that the best way to get an idea would be to look at the surviving sculptures and descriptions in surviving literature? I think there is plenty of info to get an idea if you care to.

I already have..I just wanted to know what your opinion was.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Ballkicks: (+1764 / -130)
Reply 95 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-29-14 06:41:41 AM)

here's me bein a monkey

Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 96 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-29-14 06:56:18 AM)

why are you wearing a monkey suit? Is this for a movie?
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 97 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-29-14 07:08:15 AM)

It was a photoshoot yeah

here is the finished poster
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 98 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-29-14 07:17:51 AM)

Is that Yogi?
balls
ice wolverine
Global Moderator

Gay Turtle and Ass

Reply 99 of 542 (Originally posted on: 12-29-14 07:24:20 AM)

It's a friend of mine. He's Finnish
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 24821 | Total Posts: 542 ]