Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Video Gaming MegaFAIL lmao > Viewing Thread
Also Here: Google and 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 ] [ Thread Views: 24883 | Total Posts: 450 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 50 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 09:42:44 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Literally* all of the quests involve doing the will of a diety of some kind

*figuratively

why would you even play game where you removed all of the run

The dark Brotherhood quest, along with the thieves guild, are the two most quest lines in the game.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 51 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 10:11:23 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

are you posting from your phone because your post falls into that place where it almost makes sense but falls just short of the mark.
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1936 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 52 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 10:28:17 AM)

The game is about freedom and adventure, which means having the freedom to not to be a mercenary assassin for a group of assholes who had the gumption to threaten me. I managed to find 170 hours worth of stuff to do without those particular adventures.
balls
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 53 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 05:03:05 PM)

Quoted from D_:
No I actually murdered the Dark Brotherhood recruiter when she tried to get make me kill some random person for no reason. Then I went to their hideout and killed the rest of them.

No one tells me what to do. In Skyrim.
I did the same. Are we genetically predisposed to play Skyrim the same way? I kill for no man but myself.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 54 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 05:16:48 PM)

Quoted from Motherfuckin SPACE BEAR:
are you posting from your phone because your post falls into that place where it almost makes sense but falls just short of the mark.

I was at work and typing fact because they're are a lot of fucks on this page

*edit*

would you guys at least go back and do the quests where you get to fuck with the Daedra?
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 55 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 06:24:43 PM)

I did those they were good but sometimes buggy and I had issues with finishing a few of them because the triggers that were supposed to allow me to progress weren't firing properly... or something.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 56 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 06:24:43 PM)

So nice I said it twice.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 57 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 06:50:23 PM)

it makes me sad that you guys played a 150 hours of the greatest game ever and didn't play any of the fun parts.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 58 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-11-14 09:46:38 PM)

Quoted from Muzta:
Quoted from Motherfuckin SPACE BEAR:

I was at work and typing fact because they're are a lot of fucks on this page

*edit*

would you guys at least go back and do the quests where you get to fuck with the Daedra?

no
balls
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+246 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 59 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-15-14 04:40:18 PM)

Been playing way too much DayZ lately. I really enjoy the survivalist gameplay, and zombies make the cherry on top. That feeling you get after spending hours gearing up, of being attached to your avatar... And then seeing another player. Is he friendly? Will he shoot you on sight? Does he have friends?

You creep in closer, trying to get a read on the guy. What's he doing? What are his goals? You find good cover, and call out to him... "You alright? I'm friendly." He looks around frantically, and raises his weapon. He isn't looking like a nice guy, and doesn't respond. You come out of cover, aim with your shotgun, and get hit by a zombie. You miss your shot, alert the other guy, and got your leg broken. You lay on the ground, bleeding out. You turn and shoot the zombie, straight in the chest.

Out of the corner of your eye, you sense movement. You turn, see a flash, hear thunder, and then

Hello my name is Kristoffer JÝrgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 60 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:11:37 PM)

Finished Red Dead and the Undead DLC. Also finished Lego Batman. Not yet done with To the Moon due to lack of time. Also not yet done with Killzone Liberation because it's fucking awful and it's like punishment to sit down and play it.

Started the original Legend of Zelda. Some odd design choices so far, largely arising from the primitive idea of challenge as punishment. Makes it kinda tedious, so I've ended up checking a guide a number of times so far.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 61 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:16:43 PM)

Really? I beat that game without guides and I was like 10.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 62 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:19:25 PM)

Jesus christ, I'm a douche. Forget I said that.
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reply 63 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:36:11 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Started the original Legend of Zelda. Some odd design choices so far, largely arising from the primitive idea of challenge as punishment. Makes it kinda tedious, so I've ended up checking a guide a number of times so far.

For me, the worst is trying to figure out where caves are located. Unlike A Link to the Past there's no crack in the walls of cliffs or anything along those lines to give you an idea.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 64 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:40:33 PM)

Yeah, but most of the caves are optional right? Like they give you rupees or its a shop or something.

You don't even need to get all the heart containers to win.

But seriously fuck those wizrobes and the dudes that ate your shield.
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reply 65 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:42:22 PM)

Oh wizzrobes can fuck off. I was very happy when they toned them down in later games.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 66 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 07:44:01 PM)

yeah they got even harder in Zelda 2 IIRC
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 67 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 08:02:51 PM)

I've been playing through the original Thief. It was the first game that did stealth properly, and I've been playing stealthily and avoiding combat.

I had it when I was like 12 but I didn't have the patience for it. I just wanted to get in sword fights.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Reply 68 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-14 08:59:46 PM)

Quoted from Il Papa Orso:
yeah they got even harder in Zelda 2 IIRC
Speaking of Zelda 2 I'm playing a new game it inspired, ElliotQuest. Its really good and hits the right nostalgia buttons.

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 69 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 12:32:55 AM)

Quoted from Il Papa Orso:
Really? I beat that game without guides and I was like 10.

It's not so much that I couldn't finish it without guides, it's more that I don't find it interesting enough to endure the level of tedium it asks for at times. (I'm also someone who has never liked any Zelda game that I've played from any point in history. But I decided to play the ones I haven't out of morbid curiosity.)

Finished To the Moon and the little holiday special sequel that comes with it. Can't say I was a huge fan. Tevis Thompson's little 100-word review echoes my opinion of it.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 70 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 09:04:44 AM)

back in my day, we played zelda and we liked it!!!! Uphill both ways in the snow!

I can vividly remember dreams I had had where I found the next dungeon. I think the most tedious parts were probably the parts where you had to like walk around in a specific code (like what is it level 5 where you had to go up five times or something like that?).

There were a lot of NES games at the time that did stupid shit like that (including this monstrosity: ). At least in Zelda there were people you could get hints from if you paid them.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

Reply 71 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 12:39:55 PM)

Castlevania 2 was one of my favorites but it was the worst as far as tedium and for requiring you to do random shit without ever even hinting at it.

For the original Zelda, I had a color map that came with the game that I mapped every bomb and tree location. That of course meant spending hours bombing ever location and burning every tree. And since it was pre internet, the only way to find out new secrets was from your friends. These games took years to play.

D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 72 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 03:28:13 PM)

Quote:
(I'm also someone who has never liked any Zelda game that I've played from any point in history. But I decided to play the ones I haven't out of morbid curiosity.)

If this is anything like the curiosity which drove you to read all those animorphs books, then I expect you'll be miserable and playing Zelda games for the next year or so.
balls
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 73 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 03:29:49 PM)

Quoted from The Sizzle Chest:
Castlevania 2 was one of my favorites but it was the worst as far as tedium and for requiring you to do random shit without ever even hinting at it.

For the original Zelda, I had a color map that came with the game that I mapped every bomb and tree location. That of course meant spending hours bombing ever location and burning every tree. And since it was pre internet, the only way to find out new secrets was from your friends. These games took years to play.

I still remember you coming home with urgent news about a new bombing location or directional sequence you learned from Larry or that other friend who's name I don't remember.
balls
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 74 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-23-14 03:34:41 PM)

Quote:

Yeah I remember there's a really long beach on the very south/east and east edge of the map. It literally had nothing on it except a bunch of secret places to bomb. I'm pretty sure it took me a month to try every space. Cause I had to keep going back and getting more bombs too
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 24883 | Total Posts: 450 ]