Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Video Gaming MegaFAIL lmao > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ] [ Thread Views: 24902 | Total Posts: 450 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1936 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 425 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 04:02:21 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I loved Morrowind and Skyrim even more. I tried Oblivion but for whatever reason it really failed to get my attention at all. After the opening prison break I felt like I was unleashed into a very boring world, aesthetically. None of the dialogue caught my attention so I never went back. May have just been because I was burned out on Bethesda style games at the time, though.

From your list I only played Stanley Parable, which was definitely cool, unique and interesting. Not for a casual gamer though lol. I own Child of Light (at the recommendation of just_dandy) and Gone Home but haven't tried either of them yet.

also hi GI!
balls
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 426 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 07:31:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

They're both a lot of fun. Gone home was a nice 2 or 3 hour game with a kind of interesting story.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 427 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 08:36:19 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
I think it's greenidentity....
If not try rubyvita.

I sent a friend request to the first greenidentity on the list haha. Hope its you.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 428 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-14-17 09:14:32 PM)

Quoted from D:
I loved Morrowind and Skyrim even more. I tried Oblivion but for whatever reason it really failed to get my attention at all. After the opening prison break I felt like I was unleashed into a very boring world, aesthetically. None of the dialogue caught my attention so I never went back. May have just been because I was burned out on Bethesda style games at the time, though.

From your list I only played Stanley Parable, which was definitely cool, unique and interesting. Not for a casual gamer though lol. I own Child of Light (at the recommendation of just_dandy) and Gone Home but haven't tried either of them yet.

also hi GI!

Omg hi D! LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

I was a casual gamer when I played Stanley Parable and found it hilarious. Maybe cuz I was venturing into sort of hardcore gamer territory and it makes fun of that mentality....

I only heve one question about Skyrim....kill Paarthurnax or no?

Play Child of Light!!
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 429 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-20-17 10:00:10 AM)

I didn't kill Paarthurnax but I was left with the impression that he had orchestrated the whole thing from the beginning and he needed someone to rid him of Alduin so as to emerge, effectively, as the leader of all dragons. But then I never saw anyone talking about that online, everyone talked about how you'd have to be an asshole to kill Paarthurnax, so I figure I misunderstood the story?
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
This reply was last edited on 11-20-17 10:11:09 AM by Pertti Susilainen.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 430 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-20-17 12:11:14 PM)

I never killed Paarthurnax but I can't really remember the story or how I feel about it.
balls
greenidentity

Reply 431 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-17 11:31:36 AM)

I didn't kill him either. I didn't read too much into it, but I really liked Paarthurnax and what he had to say. And dragonz are complicated so that was really the only reason for my decision! i'm a serial-killer :)
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
greenidentity

Reply 432 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-22-17 02:21:40 PM)

Quoted from Pertti Susilainen:
I didn't kill Paarthurnax but I was left with the impression that he had orchestrated the whole thing from the beginning and he needed someone to rid him of Alduin so as to emerge, effectively, as the leader of all dragons. But then I never saw anyone talking about that online, everyone talked about how you'd have to be an asshole to kill Paarthurnax, so I figure I misunderstood the story?

I don't think he orchestrated anything. He admits that he fought man in the beginning, and he and Alduin are "brothers" (in the dragon sense.) But he had long since changed his life, serving the Greybeards and teaching them shouts, and not agreeing to fight man or dominate alongside Alduin. He is probably the most deserved leader of all dragons, and killing him in the game doesn't really have any perks anyways.

My favorite quote of his is - "What is better, to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

K so maybe I know more about it than I admit. i'm a serial-killer :)
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 433 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-25-17 08:28:09 AM)

I feel like the Kill Paarthurnax thing is a semi-bug due to an incomplete mission. It's such a ridiculous option, kill one of the few character-having dragons in the game to please some nobodies, who have no leverage over the motherfucking Dragonborn. There's some code you can enter that moves the quest to the next stage without you having to actually kill him, so you can proceed with the Blade questline. It's pretty lame though, there's like a cool training area in the outdoor temple but that's it.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
greenidentity

Reply 434 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-28-17 08:51:32 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
I feel like the Kill Paarthurnax thing is a semi-bug due to an incomplete mission. It's such a ridiculous option, kill one of the few character-having dragons in the game to please some nobodies, who have no leverage over the motherfucking Dragonborn. There's some code you can enter that moves the quest to the next stage without you having to actually kill him, so you can proceed with the Blade questline. It's pretty lame though, there's like a cool training area in the outdoor temple but that's it.

True, killing him offers no reward, and doesn't deepen the story line at all. Although it could be said that hardcore Skyrim lore-nerds who already knew (at least) the Oblivion lore really well may have felt satisfied with that option.
Tl;dr - <3 Paarthurnax forevea!

Currently playing: Kentucky Route Zero (PC, Steam.) Anyone heard of it?
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 435 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-28-17 12:17:17 PM)

Yea the only thing I remember was being told I had to kill him and thinking "I don't want to, are you actually gonna do anything about it?"
balls
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 436 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-28-17 04:45:28 PM)

This is the one part of Skyrim where I agree with Dimi.

Hmm maybe I should take my sneaky archer save over to Solstheim.
-ice
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 437 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-29-17 05:20:43 PM)

Update: sneaky archer is overpowered and boring
-ice
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 438 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-30-17 10:46:30 AM)

Sneaky archer is the best. Snipe city. No need to get up Draugr, I gotcha.
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 439 of 450 (Originally posted on: 11-30-17 06:24:17 PM)

After reading Paarthurnax's dialogue on some wiki, I think I embellished my memories a bit, but my reasoning back then was like this:
1. Paarthurnax was Alduin's right hand dragon
2. He did super horrible things
3. He betrayed Alduin and taught some Nords to use the Thu'um so that they could defeat his former boss. He claims he did this out of a change of heart
4. He helps the Dovahkiin defeat Alduin
5. After the Dovahkiin finally defeats Alduin as Paarthurnax wanted, the latter is left as the highest-ranking dragon and sort of their spiritual leader

So yeah, I read more into it than there really is, the game doesn't really hint at his change of heart not being sincere, but I still thought it was all a little too convenient. Cui bono and all that.

Also, being sneaky is fun. My sneaky character was more into slitting throats, but I'd still snipe some enemies every now and then for flavour. It doesn't matter, as a sneaky character you're invincible either way.

Now playing Dragon Age 2.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 440 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-13-17 11:58:24 PM)

Started playing Wolfenstein Old Blood last night. It's pretty fun.
balls
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 441 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-14-17 08:42:32 AM)

killing nazis is relevant again
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 442 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-14-17 02:26:56 PM)

Yep. I wanted to try the new one thats making all the nazis mad but I don't want to spend 60 dollars.
balls
greenidentity

Reply 443 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-19-17 04:07:22 PM)

After reading Paarthurnax's dialogue on some wiki, I think I embellished my memories a bit, but my reasoning back then was like this:
1. Paarthurnax was Alduin's right hand dragon
2. He did super horrible things
3. He betrayed Alduin and taught some Nords to use the Thu'um so that they could defeat his former boss. He claims he did this out of a change of heart
4. He helps the Dovahkiin defeat Alduin
5. After the Dovahkiin finally defeats Alduin as Paarthurnax wanted, the latter is left as the highest-ranking dragon and sort of their spiritual leader

So yeah, I read more into it than there really is, the game doesn't really hint at his change of heart not being sincere, but I still thought it was all a little too convenient. Cui bono and all that.

Also, being sneaky is fun. My sneaky character was more into slitting throats, but I'd still snipe some enemies every now and then for flavour. It doesn't matter, as a sneaky character you're invincible either way.

Now playing Dragon Age 2.

Super late to this. But yes, this is pretty accurate. And I decided to go with the whole "had a good change of heart so Dragon's wouldn't have to be considered evil-human killers anymore" thing.

Why is it that every male I know is a sneak archer in RPGs? I have no patience for it personally! I prefer brawling and being a crazed warrior. i'm a serial-killer :)

I tried to play Dragon Age but I can't handle that kind of Diablo-style 3rd person/panoramic view. I get too distracted by shiny things, and can't keep track of everything going on.

My co-worker loves Wolfenstein and pretty much any war/ apocalypse themed game.

I just finished playing Doki-Doki Literature Club. It was my first introduction to the "visual novel" game genre...but it has a twist. It kind of got me intrigued to check out more VNs! But even if you don't care for the genre....I still totally recommend playing it. It's free on Steam and around 5 hours total.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 444 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-19-17 06:48:16 PM)

So I finished Wolfenstein Old Blood and started New Order. Clearly Old Blood was a sort of side project in comparison to New Order which is a much larger scale game it seems. Anyway it's good, and am playing it as with as much stealth/sneak as possible. I gotta lol though at how stupidly buff the main character is, his head is shaped like a meat cube.

I feel like not that many like playing sneaky, everyone tells me it's boring and they wanna rage like a barbarian. I can appreciate that but I find it a lot more fun to sneak because I feel like it helps immersion. I like to actually be scared about what's around the corner so that i'm crawling around the corner and peaking and my heart is pacing as I go in for a quiet assassination. I can't get the same realism if I'm charging in guns (or swords) blazing because I would never do that, were I to ever find myself dungeon crawling in a haunted crypt. It also bothers me that the people in the very next room in some games somehow can't hear you having an epic battle in the hallway and don't come to help their friends, and instead patiently wait their turn to fight you. (Wolfenstein actually does a pretty good job at not doing this.)

But that's what I love about RPGs, it's immersive because you can act the way you would act, make decisions you would make. Or role play and make decisions as someone else if that's what you're into, but I could never get as into game doing that.
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 445 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-17 03:04:32 AM)

Me, while creating a new character: "Ok, so she's selfish and kind of a sociopath, she's out there for power's sake"
Me, five minutes later: "STOP HELPING RANDOM FARMERS!!!"

It's very hard for me to make my characters deviate too much from what I'd consider acceptable. I can give them specific traits (like "can be ruthless if someone threatens their family", or "is really against fantastic racism", or "is pretty scrupulous with legal matters"), but nothing that would automatically make me feel bad about the decisions I'll take.

That said, my sneaky Skyrim character was a total psychopath, but as I said that's because I didn't find it that immersive. By the way, that was my second character - the first one (and the only one I played through the main quest with) was a pretty straight-forward warrior.
greenidentity

Reply 446 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-17 12:05:53 PM)

Quoted from D:

I feel like not that many like playing sneaky, everyone tells me it's boring and they wanna rage like a barbarian. I can appreciate that but I find it a lot more fun to sneak because I feel like it helps immersion. I like to actually be scared about what's around the corner so that i'm crawling around the corner and peaking and my heart is pacing as I go in for a quiet assassination. I can't get the same realism if I'm charging in guns (or swords) blazing because I would never do that, were I to ever find myself dungeon crawling in a haunted crypt. It also bothers me that the people in the very next room in some games somehow can't hear you having an epic battle in the hallway and don't come to help their friends, and instead patiently wait their turn to fight you. (Wolfenstein actually does a pretty good job at not doing this.)

Everyone I know plays a sneak archer, except 1 other person and she is a girl. I just don't care about suspense, I want battle and chaos!!!

Me, while creating a new character: "Ok, so she's selfish and kind of a sociopath, she's out there for power's sake"
Me, five minutes later: "STOP HELPING RANDOM FARMERS!!!"

It's very hard for me to make my characters deviate too much from what I'd consider acceptable. I can give them specific traits (like "can be ruthless if someone threatens their family", or "is really against fantastic racism", or "is pretty scrupulous with legal matters"), but nothing that would automatically make me feel bad about the decisions I'll take.

That said, my sneaky Skyrim character was a total psychopath, but as I said that's because I didn't find it that immersive. By the way, that was my second character - the first one (and the only one I played through the main quest with) was a pretty straight-forward warrior.

I face the same dilemma. I'm always feeling like I should be more creative with my characters...but I do find myself modeling as just a better/ more badass version of myself! Even with the Sims, which offers a lot room for creativity...I still end up creating a version of myself/ world.

Anyone ever play Banner Saga? It uses turn based combat in a unique way...feels like you're playing chess.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 447 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-17 12:15:04 PM)

I guess I never saw the appeal of playing different roles. I like RPGs because in some cartoony way you get to feel like you're in a different world doing different things, but I never felt excited to try to be a different personality. The one time I tried was with Fallout New Vegas and that might go a long way to explain why I didn't enjoy the game.

Quote:
I just don't care about suspense, I want battle and chaos!!!

I guess it's not really about suspense for me (though it's a perk), I think what it comes down to is I can't imagine going into a fight without being prepared and making use of any upper hand I can find. Though there is a balance, sometimes just too lazy to worry about certain things and am willing to get a bit sloppy.
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 448 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-31-17 06:05:17 AM)

Last week I played Oxenfree, a nice little mystery/light horror game with adorable graphics, a great atmosphere and pretty good replay value for its genre.

Now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights because nostalgia, with some Cities: Skylines on the side.
greenidentity

Reply 449 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-02-18 04:15:15 PM)

Last week I played Oxenfree, a nice little mystery/light horror game with adorable graphics, a great atmosphere and pretty good replay value for its genre.

Now I'm playing Neverwinter Nights because nostalgia, with some Cities: Skylines on the side.

I absolutely loved Oxenfree. It took me a minute to get into it but once I did, I'd say it was one of the best games I played in 2017. I'm not sure about replay value though...

For Xmas, I got the This War of Mine board game (which is my favorite PC game ever) and I am soooo excited to dig into it.

Quote:

I can't imagine going into a fight without being prepared and making use of any upper hand I can find.

True...my big ass warhammer and brute force don't do much when some asshole is shooting me with arrows from a hidden location. About the only time I will try to run away from danger!
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 24902 | Total Posts: 450 ]