Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Video Gaming MegaFAIL lmao > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 ] [ Thread Views: 24911 | Total Posts: 450 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 150 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 02:28:12 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Just finished The Secret of Monkey Island for the nth time.

It's weird that I have so many childhood memories of it when it's actually such a short game and I think I didn't even finish it back in the day. The vast majority of my MI childhood memories are from the first act. All those memories must have been formed over just a few days or weeks.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 151 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 03:05:08 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I was literally stuck on the guard dogs for ten years.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Champagne Roomies

POUR MILK DOWN MY THROAT WHILE I LOB THIS GRENADE

Ballkicks: (+1936 / -91)
Reply 152 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-20-14 11:45:32 PM)

Quoted from The Shady Milkman:
Anyone ever play Prison Architect?

No, but i'm hoping this goes on sale:

balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 153 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 01:48:11 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
I was literally stuck on the guard dogs for ten years.

Some of the puzzles aren't exactly intuitive, but I know them all by heart now so it's hard for me to compare it with other adventure games (many of which have "try every item on every hotspot" as the only viable strategy). I do remember that, in the Spanish translation I played as a child, the bridge troll puzzle made no sense whatsoever. "Red herring" doesn't translate very well.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I’ve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 154 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 06:55:45 AM)

Quoted from Stegosaurus_D:

No, but i'm hoping this goes on sale:

Yea thats the prison theme'd game I was hoping to get. I bought Prison Architect anyway and played the quick tutorial. Definitely seems like a quality game in the sim genre. Not sure how much depth it has as its still early access but from the little I read it sounds like it has a great development team with regular updates.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 155 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 09:38:14 AM)

Quoted from סוכית:
I do remember that, in the Spanish translation I played as a child, the bridge troll puzzle made no sense whatsoever. "Red herring" doesn't translate very well.

Do you still play in Spanish translation or do you play in the original English now?

I recently played the remastered edition of that game with the new graphics. They're kinda jarring at first, but it's an interesting style that grew on me. Completely changes the impact of the graphics compared to the pixel art, though.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 156 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 02:47:13 PM)

Every time I've replayed it as an adult I've played the original English version. I didn't really try to find the Spanish version when I first downloaded the game many years ago, but I imagine it'd have been pretty hard to find. I have the special edition now, but I think if you're using the old graphics it only allows you to play with the original English text. Not sure, though. Still, I remember bits of the Spanish translation (particularly the insults, but other stuff too) just as vividly as everything else, even though I've never replayed it.

I quite liked the new graphics and I used them for my first playthrough on Steam, but this time I wanted to revisit the original graphics. It's really wonderful that you can switch between both versions at any time with a simple keystroke though.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 157 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-21-14 03:54:59 PM)

Yeah, I wish all remasters/rereleases did that. I think the recent Halo rerelease did something similar, but I don't have an Xbox so haven't played it.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 158 of 450 (Originally posted on: 12-30-14 03:11:22 PM)

Just got an Xbox One- Black Flag, Unity and Destiny...life has been very good.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
flaming arrow

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1255 / -281)
Reply 159 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-01-15 07:41:52 AM)

I've been playing a lot of Minecraft. God damn it.

Also got my warlock to level 100.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 160 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-01-15 01:20:11 PM)

HAven't started any more old games yet. Will soon.

Recently, I played Lego City Undercover on Wii U, Last of Us+Left Behind on PS4, Trace Memory on DS, Mario Kart DS, and abandoned Killzone Liberation on PSP without finishing it. I'm almost done with The Getaway on PS2, and I'm playing Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on PS3 and Bioshock on PC.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 161 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-03-15 12:29:07 AM)

Finished up The Getaway. What a mess. Built a whole city of London map, but never used it. Third person combat, but decided not to map anything (like, say, a camera) to the second analog stick. Was so obsessed with looking like a movie that it failed to make mission goals intelligible. Or to provide a map, so the characters behave like Alzheimer's patients driving around. Creates difficulty only through artificial time limits. Bleh.

Also finally did another older game. Played through Kirby's Dream Land 3, the last SNES first party title released. The worst Kirby game up until that point. The first few Kirby games are marvelous, with a focus on exploring a game space in a way that prefigures 3d platformers to come. By this one, though, the developers are completely caught up in the desire for challenge and boss fights that are at odds with the other mechanics. Aside from that, it brings nothing new to the table. It's good that this is one of the more forgotten Kirby games, as it's a waste of a game.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 162 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 05:39:23 AM)

I saw this on wrebbit and thought it was really well done. Fallout vs Skyrim. Might suck if you haven't played both games.

"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 163 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 07:56:07 AM)

I'm still playing Destiny while waiting for the price to drop on the new Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.

Richard has tried getting me to play Terraria with him, but I don't even know what it's about.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 164 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 02:30:15 PM)

I've been playing Oblivion. God I hate the Oblivion gates and the leveling system.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator
Eiffle Towers: 6969

someone bitter is after my ass

Ballkicks: (+561 / -30)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 165 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 02:46:02 PM)

Yeah its bad.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 166 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 02:52:16 PM)

I never played it. Should I continue never playing it?
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 167 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 02:54:57 PM)

Nah, go ahead. You can mod it to your heart's content anyway, and it's fun. I don't think I'll be dicking around nearly as much as with Skyrim though.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 168 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 07:32:26 PM)

I mean, it still has the open world thing it's just like, if you run everywhere you end up maxing out athletics which makes oyu level faster and then oblivion portals eventually come and fuck your shit up
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 169 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 07:53:09 PM)

Been playing Morrowind, KOTOR2 and Fallout 3 a fair bit lately. I Probably wouldn't mind if Bethesda and Obsidian were the only game devs that existed.
Sunhasrahla
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+756 / -127)
Reply 170 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-21-15 09:00:03 PM)

I've been playing a lot of Wargame and Insurgency with a good buddy of mine. Both stellar games, though Wargame can be really, really daunting and stressful to start. Definitely not your usual RTS.

I've also been playing a bit of AoK for nostalgia value.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 171 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-22-15 03:43:57 AM)

Quoted from Il Papa Orso:
I mean, it still has the open world thing it's just like, if you run everywhere you end up maxing out athletics which makes oyu level faster and then oblivion portals eventually come and fuck your shit up

If you have athletics as a major attribute you're screwed. If you pick certain major attribute combinations (like with many standard classes) you're screwed. It's very easy to cripple yourself if you don't metagame a lot, which is all sorts of unfun. But there's plenty of mods to revamp the leveling system out there (although by now I just use the console and some discipline to raise my attributes with every level-up the way I think it should work. No more gamey training just so that I can get that +5 bonus to three attributes).

Worst part about the Oblivion gates is that they're frickin' everywhere. I'd prefer to ignore them, but you can't walk for 50 meters without another gate throwing Daedra at your face. I might rush through the main quest to get them all closed, or just get a mod to close them easily at my convenience. We'll see.
D
Champagne Roomies

Reply 172 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-22-15 11:12:27 AM)

So kind of like in Skyrim how dragons are annoying and pop in way too often? Only it sounds like these things are even more annoying?
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 173 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-22-15 01:55:16 PM)

I'd say the Oblivion gates are much worse, yes. By the time dragons become a mere nuisance, you can dispatch them pretty quickly, whereas closing a single Oblivion gate can take as much as an hour or more in some cases. Plus, when you kill a dragon, you know they'll leave you alone for at least some time, but if you close an Oblivion gate there will probably be another one next to it. And even if you refuse to enter them, they still have an impact on your ability to just travel around and explore.
Run Silent Run Drapes
Administrator

Reply 174 of 450 (Originally posted on: 01-22-15 02:24:09 PM)

the thing about the gates is that they keep opening even after you close them until you finish the main quest.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 24911 | Total Posts: 450 ]