Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > The Hall of Fame > Why are people so dumb? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15 ] [ Thread Views: 43676 | Total Posts: 366 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

let us praise his holy name

Ballkicks: (+35 / -41)
Reg. Date: Dec 2005
(Originally posted on: 01-20-06 05:02:35 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm getting sick of it.

Somebody asked me not so long ago why is this forum clinically dead. Now I think I know the right answer. A bunch of underaged teenagers, bitching and spoiling the pleasure of communication with those who are yet normal, that's the reason and the problem.

For those usa yobbos who does really have emotional hunger, caused by any lack of perception, parental indifference or whatever else: FUCK OFF! If you want to fuck with somebody then choose anyone of your own moronic kind. Leave newbs alone, stop that idiotic postcounting unreasonable bitching... I know that's impossible, ppl never change, but... Just try.
Buddha Overdrive
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 1 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 05:30:12 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

You seem to be under the misconception that people have been acting certain ways to you because you are new and not because of your posts and hilarious wit.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 2 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 06:32:04 AM)

No, he seems to be under the impression that when the majority of the forum believes one thing, and he another, somehow everyone else is wrong.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 06:41:25 AM)

Cold War II
The fox knows many good tricks, the hedgehog only one.
One good one.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 4 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 07:09:09 AM)

I really got nothing today. I see Imperialist is in this thread so im gonna let him run with the comedy.
www.thepartylive.com
Imperialist
League of Worthless Posters
[sarcasm]few words[/sarcasm]

Ballkicks: (+268 / -153)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 5 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 07:12:23 AM)

detecting third world presence...

im such a failure MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 6 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 08:59:02 AM)

It occurrs to me that it's also possible he's actually not a selfish prick, and just a self-righteous one.

Perhaps he's actually apparently trying to stand up for the new forummers. Of course, that's rather like the Tsar defending the Serfs. You treat fellow forummers with more disdain--more ignorant, unjustified disdain--than anyone treats a newbie from what I've seen.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 7 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 09:31:01 AM)

Quoted from Buddha:
Leave newbs alone

Clearly you're new, because were you an established forummer you would understand that this is not how INTL operates.
If you don't like it, leave.
<Zippo279> that's sexy
<Amphy> not quite.
<Zippo279> shhh
<Zippo279> you can't tell me what i think is sexy!

As told by Pixies:
Vervet has 999,999 freckles....977,322 of them she rents out to the rest of the human population, she gave 30 away to charity

Proud new adopter of a leggo my eggo ifo.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 09:58:31 AM)

Quoted from Stormraider:
It occurrs to me that it's also possible he's actually not a selfish prick, and just a self-righteous one.

Perhaps he's actually apparently trying to stand up for the new forummers. Of course, that's rather like the Tsar defending the Serfs. You treat fellow forummers with more disdain--more ignorant, unjustified disdain--than anyone treats a newbie from what I've seen.

The thing is, INTL is gradually moving towards the inclusion of newbies; because the way INTL has treated newer forummers in the past results in only retaining around 20% of those who register, some newer rules against things like "In before HOS" have been instigated, as has an agreement amongst moderators to be more lenient when newbies breach smaller things in the TOS. While a lot of newbies will still get bashed, they're mostly the ones that run in here advertising or throwing around dumb things. I think v.4 will have a better environment for keeping good newbies around.

Quote:
Leave newbs alone, stop that idiotic postcounting unreasonable bitching...

I think the bashing has less to do with your postcount and more to do with the reception of the some ideas you post, as some people (those who do the "bashing") have already called "immature," "dumb," and "ridiculous."
The fox knows many good tricks, the hedgehog only one.
One good one.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 10:19:18 AM)

As everyone else said, it has nothing to do with your postcount and everything to do with your attitude combined with your very primitive grasp of philosophy that you display with a pride that leads me to believe that you consider yourself the next Socrates. You're not. You tried your philosophy, it didn't go over well, so you went with a gimmick, which went over worse. You then rebounded with a "my life is so tough, blah blah blah" that pretty much no one gives a shit about. So, if anyone here is playing the poor, downtrodden and misunderstood teenager, it's you. The constant references to cheesy internet humor and played out movie quotes (see: "there is no spoon") do nothing but perpetuate your reputation here as someone who, as a "newb", ironically has nothing NEW to say. Consequently, I don't like you, and I don't care if you're sick of it.
Dante

cocks in my mouth

Ballkicks: (+661 / -97)
Reg. Date: May 2004
Reply 10 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 10:47:35 AM)

The hazing that goes on at INTL makes for a less shitty and more comfortable forum. It reflects real life.

People aren't instantly cheerful towards complete strangers that are faceless. When people get to know you, you get better accepted (that is, if you aren't a prick with attitude constantly).

So suck it up, and quit being such a whiny bitch.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 11 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 10:54:12 AM)

If we know you, and we know you're a good forumer, but you make a shitty post, or even an idiotic post, it's not much of a problem because we know that's not how you really are.

If we don't know you, and you do nothing but fuck up, we're going to judge you quite harshly.

Reflect and tell me this is not exactly like in real life.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 12 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 10:54:52 AM)

Actually, there was nothing in my post that is said to improve or simply change any state of things that are germane to me directly.

True to say, I don't give a fuck for myself or for what anybody think of that crooked image of me that is created by my grammar lacking posts.

Just look around you people and notice that there is somebody who lives and breathes too, and who does have a right to have an opinion different from yours. Admit it. N.B.: I'm not speaking about myself, for Christ sake!

If there still remains someone who doesn't get it, then I can't help. But brain surgery prolly has a chance. That's all.

And specially for you dear mr. Suckit: "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"
Buddha Overdrive
This reply was last edited on 01-20-06 11:03:55 AM by Buddha.
Bebop

cups are only really useful for people drinking

Ballkicks: (+219 / -19)
Reg. Date: Oct 2003
Reply 13 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 11:02:14 AM)

Buddha where are you getting this shit from?
Buddha
Fags vs. Buddha
INTERNET MARTYR!

Reply 14 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 11:05:19 AM)

Quoted from Bebop:
Buddha where are you getting this shit from?

I know the good places i'm a serial-killer :)
Buddha Overdrive
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 15 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 11:06:00 AM)

Reason why the forum is dead: there is nothing of worth to talk about. Every thread that is posted pretty much follows the same format:

X makes post about topic Y, then gives invitation for forummers to talk about themselves and create absolutely no meaningful discussion.

One of the few interesting threads made in recent times was Buddhas thread in ID, which everyone seemed to react with 'you're an idiot and i can't discuss the topic beyond a literal level'

Solution: stricter moderation of shitty topics.
Bleach your mind of illusion.
Then think about the future.

“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermgen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”

RUDOLF HESS
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+923 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 16 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 11:11:11 AM)

I think people should post more threads about stuff, even if it doesn't seem all that important.
Quote:
And specially for you dear mr. Suckit: "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

My name is not English.

Aside from that: are you joking? I judge and am judged every single day, like anybody else. Whenever you meet someone new, you judge him, whether you like it or not.

On the other hand, I'm very forgiving, as anybody who knows me will tell you.
"Hwt, he on a tid e he inne bi, ne bi hrinen mid y storme s wintres; ac t bi an eagan bryhtm and t lste fc, ac he sona of wintre on one winter eft cyme hwt r foregange, oe hwt r fylige, we ne cunnen."
"Lo, he, in the time that he is inside, is not touched by the storm of the winter, but that is an eye's winking and the least time, but he straightway comes back from winter into winter, what thereto may precede or what to it may follow, we do not know."
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 11:33:43 AM)

Quoted from Buddha:
I'm getting sick of it.

Somebody asked me not so long ago why is this forum clinically dead. Now I think I know the right answer. A bunch of underaged teenagers, bitching and spoiling the pleasure of communication with those who are yet normal, that's the reason and the problem.

For those usa yobbos who does really have emotional hunger, caused by any lack of perception, parental indifference or whatever else: FUCK OFF! If you want to fuck with somebody then choose anyone of your own moronic kind. Leave newbs alone, stop that idiotic postcounting unreasonable bitching... I know that's impossible, ppl never change, but... Just try.

I'm going to chalk it up to something that can be explained by this simple flash animation:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find nave, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
frosty
This ban belongs to frosty now

I want Frosty to take my anal virginity!!1

Ballkicks: (+68 / -9)
Reg. Date: Aug 2005
Reply 18 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 12:28:25 PM)

Quote:
Reason why the forum is dead: there is nothing of worth to talk about. Every thread that is posted pretty much follows the same format:

X makes post about topic Y, then gives invitation for forummers to talk about themselves and create absolutely no meaningful discussion.

One of the few interesting threads made in recent times was Buddhas thread in ID, which everyone seemed to react with 'you're an idiot and i can't discuss the topic beyond a literal level'

I don't know about "dead," as I quite like INTL as evidenced by my sporadic migrations here during the college holidays. However, in other respects I think Bon's pretty much spot on here.

Obviously I haven't been around for long, but while there are clearly some intelligent people with things to say and some bitchy people with a desire to flame - the two things which make a forum interesting - the familiarity you all seem to have with each other means too many threads are limitted to the X/Y pattern Bon outlined in the part I quoted.

New forumers who stand outside of the clique are treated with indiscrimite disdain and viewed as a welcome outlet for the abuse which for some reason you all generally tend to avoid venting on each other. Now personally, I don't mind this: as anyone who remembers my initial thread will recall, I've got a fairly thick skin, don't take myself particualrly seriously, and keyboard jousting is something I find quite entertaining...but I doubt this is the same for everyone, and the barrage of abuse which almost invariably seems to gravitate towards new people doubtless puts off a number of potentially good forumers who could make things a bit less stale.

Quote:
The hazing that goes on at INTL makes for a less shitty and more comfortable forum. It reflects real life.

Hazing is both fun and, in a way, fair enough - it's your forum after all, and a certain amount of "initiation" is a reasonable way of filtering out the immature, the idiotic and other undesirables. However, IMHO this sometimes goes too far into gratuitous hostility, which is ultimately counter-productive. Even if all you want to do towards outsiders is behave obnoxiously, if you're a bit friendlier at first, they'll probably stick around for a longer while,encouraging the argument,humour and debate that everyone wants and which a fresh influx of ideas tends to facilitate.

N.B. I'm not at all bitching about my own experiences which have generally been not too bad, but as I say, not everyone is going to be laid back, and I'd humbly suggest that perhaps some n00bs are driven to angry and immature outbursts by the snooty contempt which is directed their way.
Congratulations! You've just been tuned in by the Frosty Service Crew, INTL's no.1 casual firm...
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 19 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 01:48:58 PM)

Quoted from buddha:
True to say, I don't give a fuck for myself or for what anybody think of that crooked image of me that is created by my grammar lacking posts.

Actually, it's got more to do with the fact that you conduct yourself in a manner that reflects the overwhelming amount of teenage angst that permeates the internet, this particular quote being a very specific and accurate example of that.

"I don't care what you guys think of me, I'm not changing," has been uttered so many times here and in other venues that it has lost all of its previous meaning and changed to something that will draw instant and deserved criticism.

As for you, frosty, I think if you would have tried to make less of a dramatic entrance (see: gimmick) you would have been much more favorably received. As it stands now, you turned out all right...just started out on the wrong foot with an irritating "catchphrase".
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 20 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 01:50:22 PM)

Quoted from Buddha:
I'm getting sick of it.

basically you are sitting in front of the red and blue pills and we are upset because you've been here for a month and havent taken either.....................

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Stormraider

im gay

Reply 21 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 03:12:55 PM)

Quote:

The quite justified view of you has nothing to do with your grammar. There are forummers with less of a proper grasp of it than you. However, they aren't all self-righteous, irritating, and childish.

Quote:
Just look around you people and notice that there is somebody who lives and breathes too, and who does have a right to have an opinion different from yours.

Oh, they have the right to express it, but I also have the right to tell them they're idiotic if that opinion is useless tripe backed by nothing.

Quote:

You're quoting Bible verses now? Putting aside that you're pathetic, has it occurred to you what Christians would think of your little life and death control philosophy?
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 22 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 03:20:48 PM)

Quoted from Buddha:
I'm getting sick of it.

STOP THE PRESSES, WE NEED AN IMMEDIATE CHANGE

Quote:
Somebody asked me not so long ago why is this forum clinically dead.

oh really
Quote:
Now I think I know the right answer. A bunch of underaged teenagers, bitching and spoiling the pleasure of communication with those who are yet normal, that's the reason and the problem.

NEWSFLASH: YOU ARE NOT NORMAL.

Quote:
For those usa yobbos who does really have emotional hunger, caused by any lack of perception, parental indifference or whatever else: FUCK OFF! If you want to fuck with somebody then choose anyone of your own moronic kind.

Superiority complex ahoy, Captain!
Quote:
Leave newbs alone, stop that idiotic postcounting unreasonable bitching...

I know there's a language barrier, but I can't imagine that making sense in your moon language.
People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are, mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find nave, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.
frosty
This ban belongs to frosty now

I want Frosty to take my anal virginity!!1

Ballkicks: (+68 / -9)
Reg. Date: Aug 2005
Reply 23 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 03:29:59 PM)

Quote:
As for you, frosty, I think if you would have tried to make less of a dramatic entrance (see: gimmick) you would have been much more favorably received. As it stands now, you turned out all right...just started out on the wrong foot with an irritating "catchphrase".

As I say, James, I'm not going to argue with you or complain about that - I defnitely brought that upon myself and I enjoyed it; it was a good laugh. Judging by the amount of people who jumped on the flaming bandwagon, it would seem that a lot of people around here enjoy a good argument, which is one of the reasons I've stuck about.

In Buddha's case, I haven't read everything he's posted so perhaps I'm not entirely qualified to comment, but one thing I would say is he's rarely if ever aggressively abusive to people, which is more than can be said of some. Even if people don't like his cod-philosophy, there's no need to be spiteful. If you read his thread - perfectly polite - you'll see that the first response is nothing more than a statement welcoming Buddha's death, which kind of sets the tone for the rest of the thread,during which he flames a lot less than he's trolled himself.

Again, as Bon noted, even if people don't like what he's saying, it generates discussion and is therefore by default a good deal more interesting than the likes of "what's in your wallet?" As evidence for this, I'd use the volume of response coupled with the amount of argument in there - something most people seem to enjoy and which is in precious little supply.
Congratulations! You've just been tuned in by the Frosty Service Crew, INTL's no.1 casual firm...
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 24 of 366 (Originally posted on: 01-20-06 05:11:42 PM)

Your son's head is real fucked up. That's my main problem with you. That and your posts. But mainly ol' melon head.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
This reply was last edited on 01-20-06 05:29:34 PM by wheezy.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 43676 | Total Posts: 366 ]